We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

But I worked SO HARD to get Legacy LVL 40...now I have to work hard AGAIN to be able to pay 1.000.000 credits.

The casual player only has to "click" and they will have it. I really hope the eewok to cost 5.000 CC to see all of you crying about the price.

Well, what else are we going to spend credits on? Let's be real, there is absolutely no value to having credits in this game other then modding gear or what not. There are no new ships to buy, no insanely expensive investments, etc.

All there is is the wealthy title at 10 million credits, so whats 1 million for a companion gonna hurt since most of us have more creds at this point than BW will ever allow us to spend in game since there aren't any huge credit sinks, but I suppose that's another thread altogether

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what else are we going to spend credits on? Let's be real, there is absolutely no value to having credits in this game other then modding gear or what not. There are no new ships to buy, no insanely expensive investments, etc.

All there is is the wealthy title at 10 million credits, so whats 1 million for a companion gonna hurt since most of us have more creds at this point than BW will ever allow us to spend in game since there aren't any huge credit sinks, but I suppose that's another thread altogether

I don't think I've ever had more than 70k at any one time on any of my characters...

I'm a PVE and PVP player. I have to buy augments, augmentation kits, some mods, Stims, medpacks, adrenals for all my chars (2 pve, 2 pvp) and I have a life too. I'm not a "GTN player" and I hate doing Dailyes, i survive with the money I can get from selling some augments and kits when I'm able to build them so 1.000.000 is a lot of money for me.

But again...the problem is not the "1.000.000" credits. The problem is the "You need 40 legacy lvl AND then 1.000.000 credits" on the other hand you only have to make 2 clicks and TADA! Instant Ewok. That's insulting for every player that have lvl40 legacy because it's like "Oh yeah?? You thing you are going to be rewarded for that?? For your confidence in the game? For habing played it since day 1??? Wel...F*CK YOU!! Pay 1.000.000 now"

I will pay CC, I have 4.000 of them since I'm subber and only wasted 600 for the Cathar. But it's still a shame we never have exclusive content. What's the point of being a subber if I don't have exclusive stuff?

Edited by Royox

Ya know those "dailies" everyone's always talking about? Yeah. Do 'em. :rolleyes:

indeed, on ONE toon can make 290k from all the dailies (this of course already assumed repair cost was taken out already), if youre legacy lvl 40 you should have at least 4.

I'm a PVE and PVP player. I have to buy augments, augmentation kits, some mods, Stims, medpacks, adrenals for all my chars (2 pve, 2 pvp) and I have a life too. I'm not a "GTN player" and I hate doing Dailyes, i survive with the money I can get from selling some augments and kits when I'm able to build them so 1.000.000 is a lot of money for me.

But again...the problem is not the "1.000.000" credits. The problem is the "You need 40 legacy lvl AND then 1.000.000 credits" on the other hand you only have to make 2 clicks and TADA! Instant Ewok. That's insulting for every player that have lvl40 legacy because it's like "Oh yeah?? You thing you are going to be rewarded for that?? For your confidence in the game? For habing played it since day 1??? Wel...F*CK YOU!! Pay 1.000.000 now"

I will pay CC, I have 4.000 of them since I'm subber and only wasted 600 for the Cathar. But it's still a shame we never have exclusive content. What's the point of being a subber if I don't have exclusive stuff?

I do nothing but PVP since the server merges last summer. I don't raid, don't do dailies at all, and don't really lvl alts except for double xp weekends. How are you guys so poor? I mean, I buy augments and stims for wz's and gear too but 1,000,000 should be chump change to anyone this far after launch. I do my pvp dailies, maybe spend 10 min on the gtn, and log off and its been months since I've had less than 20-50 million. I'm not saying that the ewok is it but having some sort of insane money sink would be great since creds at high value are worthless

Ya know those "dailies" everyone's always talking about? Yeah. Do 'em. :rolleyes:

I do them occasionally when I can, I don't play for great periods of time and grinding the same quests over and over isn't really fun compared to alternatives when I log on. And even if I do them, I'll end up with like 200k which doesn't last long.

I do them occasionally when I can, I don't play for great periods of time and grinding the same quests over and over isn't really fun compared to alternatives when I log on. And even if I do them, I'll end up with like 200k which doesn't last long.

So then what are you spending them on? This mentality alone makes wonder if you are not just going to the GTN buying all the mods and flashy cartel crap instead of actually playing the game. Would you be the type of player that would spend cash for credits if they offered it? I dont understand how 200k does not last long...

This was meant to be a CC item from the start.

It was put as a legacy unlock just so F2P players and those who may not have the money to purchase Treek, but still are valuable players and play a lot, can unlock him.

So then what are you spending them on? This mentality alone makes wonder if you are not just going to the GTN buying all the mods and flashy cartel crap instead of actually playing the game. Would you be the type of player that would spend cash for credits if they offered it? I dont understand how 200k does not last long...

Everything there is to spend money on. Consumables, crafting missions, gearing companions, gearing alts. Half probably goes on GTN. I'll probably spend 30 minutes gearing or playing with visual customisation of my characters and companions for each 3 hours of gametime.

This was meant to be a CC item from the start.

It was put as a legacy unlock just so F2P players and those who may not have the money to purchase Treek, but still are valuable players and play a lot, can unlock him.

As much as I agree with this statement, you will find great disdain and disregard from those who have been jaded by BW from all their hard work in the game. It's likely this thread just needs to be locked to avoid further "discussion" which involves us being happy about the Treek decision, and others being pissed.

I wish they'd give those of us who used our legacy and credits a slightly different cosmetic appearance on Treek. That way we don't feel like we've ground up our legacies for nothing.

You're not the first to suggest that, and neither am I. But it really seems that once the staff says their thing they leave the thread to rot. Might as well make a new thread for it?

Look, this discussion shouldn't be about pay to win, casual vs elitist, or even that Treek has an option to be bought with Cartel Coins. All that stuff is just the echo chamber of buzzwords, egos, and bad attitudes.

The real problem we should be discussing, is that Legacy system is providing no benefit in this scenario, and is instead restricting content unless real money is payed.

Here's a link to my other post in this thread with a possible solution to this problem.

Look, this discussion shouldn't be about pay to win, casual vs elitist, or even that Treek has an option to be bought with Cartel Coins. All that stuff is just the echo chamber of buzzwords, egos, and bad attitudes.

The real problem we should be discussing, is that Legacy system is providing no benefit in this scenario, and is instead restricting content unless real money is payed.

Here's a link to my other post in this thread with a possible solution to this problem.

This is a very good point. I understand they want folks to spend money on CC. I get that. But considering the backlash from providing a CM avenue in the first place, would it not have made sense for Bioware to have a lower legacy or credit requirement....I think the non-CM gate is a bit high.

I also think it wouldn't hurt if the companion looked different for those that unlock through legacy instead of the market.

Either way, I still think this is not the issue we all should be fighting over. The problem here is not really the one being discussed...it is the legacy system overall.

Either way, I still think this is not the issue we all should be fighting over. The problem here is not really the one being discussed...it is the legacy system overall.

I deleted the second half of my reply, because I was wandering into the complaining/buzzword wasteland. Essentially the problem people have with the Legacy system/Cartel Market interaction. Is the same problem people had with Microsoft's Xbox One DRM.

In essence, they're using the Legacy System/Cartel Market to restrict content while offering very little benefit to the core audience while doing so. Then they wave a hand, and hope we fall for the mind trick.

I understand the monetary reasons behind what they're doing. Heck I'd even switch to a cheerleader for them if they put a little more effort into providing unique benefits to subscribers and long term players.

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

Then why have the requirement at all? How *********** pointless.

Then why have the requirement at all? How *********** pointless.

The requirement would appear to be there in order to force those without legacy 40 to the CM in order to obtain Treek, in what would appear to be an obvious cash grab.

Edited by Ratajack

The requirement would appear to be there in order to force those without legacy 40 to the CM in order to obtain Treek, in what would appear to be an obvious cash grab.

People seem to forget they are a FOR-PROFIT company. Just because certain aspects of the game are Free-To-Play doesn't mean this for-profit company won't try to at least make SOME type of profit. It's called profit for a reason. It's kinda how MOST companies function. The others are called NON-PROFIT for a reason. :D

Have to say, having a legacy requirement only for the credit option is pretty lame. I mean, 40 takes a good while to reach. I've been playing a lot since March 27th of this year. I have 8 toons, and each of those toons hit level 50 this weekend.

My legacy level right now is 36. I'm still not even there, even with the huge boosters from these double XP weekends.

Pretty crazy if you ask me, to have this high of a requirement ONLY for the credit option. It really just makes it so that those of us who haven't been playing for forever would pretty much have to pay CCs if we want Treek anytime soon.

That said, I'm really just arguing the policy here. Luckily this particular unlock is a non-issue for me because I have literally zero interest in this companion. Still, I think this is a pretty lame way to go about it and if it WERE a companion I wanted I'd be a bit more incensed.

People seem to forget they are a FOR-PROFIT company. Just because certain aspects of the game are Free-To-Play doesn't mean this for-profit company won't try to at least make SOME type of profit. It's called profit for a reason. It's kinda how MOST companies function. The others are called NON-PROFIT for a reason. :D

That's fine, but it still doesn't change the fact the requirement is pointless. Do one or the other, having both is meaningless. This also is not a full F2P game, but a hybrid and the lack of attention given to subscribers IS ridiculous. I understand the purpose of the cartel market, but subscribers are still paying customers and should receive more updates that are exclusive to them. Really, as it stands, aside from end game there is no actual incentive to subscribe to this game.