We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

So, BW/EA will still make money off the F2Pers and under 40 legacy players. so its really not something special for the subs that worked hard to get over 40 legacy. sounds like more greed to me.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, you can't attach a note to your subscription saying that "this money is so you can change the direction of the game and develop new content"

Being someone who subscribes and buys more than the average player's worth of fluff from the CM, makes you re-enforce the cheap win quality of product that we are getting. It's not challenging it, it's supporting it.

You are of the assumption I am trying to change game content. I am not. I know that my money goes in and BW uses it as they see fit. Odds are, they see most of the money go into the CM, so they add more to the CM. I am not trying to add more content to the game. I am not an end gamer... not anymore. As a casual, I am more of a "Lifer".

I log in, hang with friends in the guild, run some missions, help others my level or lower, and then log out. I have no desire to try and single-handedly support or implement the change needed for new content. Whatever content they throw out at us attached to my $15 a month is all they are getting from me, unless they release another expansion, and then that money can funnel back into content development.

So, BW/EA will still make money off the F2Pers and under 40 legacy players. so its really not something special for the subs that worked hard to get over 40 legacy. sounds like more greed to me.

This thread was made to help show Bioware that Legacy LvL 40+ deserve some type of unique Legacy item. You should stop by and throw in a suggestion.

Edited by Superman_AZ

You are of the assumption I am trying to change game content. I am not. I know that my money goes in and BW uses it as they see fit. Odds are, they see most of the money go into the CM, so they add more to the CM. I am not trying to add more content to the game. I am not an end gamer... not anymore. As a casual, I am more of a "Lifer".

I log in, hang with friends in the guild, run some missions, help others my level or lower, and then log out. I have no desire to try and single-handedly support or implement the change needed for new content. Whatever content they throw out at us attached to my $15 a month is all they are getting from me, unless they release another expansion, and then that money can funnel back into content development.

So you agree that you're part of the problem then. You're exactly the type of person BW is catering SWTOR to, a casual who is happy to dump a lot of money into the CM and doesn't want anything to change.

Maybe because I know how to phrase my inquiries in a mature and professional manner. I don't load my question or give the Devs any reason to pause and speculate about my intentions. It's amazing the people they listen and respond to when people take the time to act like adults and formulate a positive thread with a reasonable request.

I've made lots of threads over the past year and so far only one has been responded to by a developer. Mind you most of those were suggestions to improve various aspects of the game, not direct questions.

I believe the reason they answered you so quickly was that you essentially asked "Can I give more money to you?" In most threads they would have to go into details about unfixed bugs, broken promises, future content and would have to apologize to people or at least contradict themselves. That will never happen, so they only respond to "safe" threads.

And a thread that is about "Hey, I want to give you more money!" is about as safe as threads get.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

So you agree that you're part of the problem then. You're exactly the type of person BW is catering SWTOR to, a casual who is happy to dump a lot of money into the CM and doesn't want anything to change.

I never denied it or tried to hide it. I stated straight up that I am a casual player, who pays a sub, and makes a lot of purchases from the CM. I will be purchasing Treek as soon as she is available and likely using her as a healer for both my JK and my Trooper.

The only way this game will improve is if they get more subs, remove F2P, and turn the CM into creds only from the game, instead of cash from the pocket. Until then, I will continue to play the game as it has been laid out for me. If others want to crusade to change it, I applaud their efforts but will not be tripping over mself to make 2M people sub and join the game just so end gamers can have more content. That is Bioware's responsibility... not mine.

I've made lots of threads over the past year and so far only one has been responded to by a developer. Mind you most of those were suggestions to improve various aspects of the game, not direct questions.

I believe the reason they answered you so quickly was that you essentially asked "Can I give more money to you?" In most threads they would have to go into details about unfixed bugs, broken promises, future content and would have to apologize to people or at least contradict themselves. That will never happen, so they only respond to "safe" threads.

And a thread that is about "Hey, I want to give you more money!" is about as safe as threads get.

No he only got answered because he started a new thread asking the question , I and another guy asked really early in one of the first 3 Ewok threads the other day but it was lost in the middle of a thread. he does seem to think they answered him directly but they already knew the answer and just didn't see my question the other day.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

he does seem to think they answered him directly but they already knew the answer and just didn't see my question the other day.

I asked, they responded. Whether they had the answer for 5 minutes or 5 weeks is not my concern. My goal was to have the answer shared with the players. Eric was kind enough to step up and respond. I'm sure if someone else had tried the direct approach and put Eric's name in the thread title, they would have responded to them instead. Fortunately, Eric knew I meant no disrespect and responded to the thread and modified my title, and did not lock the thread. For that, I am thankful.

Well you did because you said

Being a subscriber alone doesn't make you part of the solution. And the reason the phrase "you're either part of the problem OR part of the solution" exists is to prove that you're either on one side or the other, there's no shades of gray in problem solving just the overall sum of the parts.

As a whole, you as a customer of SWTOR is causing the game to go in a direction that many people don't like.

Well then, allow me to conclude this discussion. I spend $15 a month for a sub and several hundred for Cartel Coins. What BW does with my monthly payment is on them, I have no control over that. If people want to affect change in the way money is spent and content is generated, they need to submit their marketing ideas to BW and hope they take them seriously. Otherwise, they can subscribe to my philosophy that this is just a game, and is not within our control.

Well then, feel free to report the offenses, and have a nice day. But, before I am "removed" from the forums, I just want you to remember the sound of me spending CCs every time you see someone with Treek standing beside them. I've tried being nice, I've tried reasoning, and I've tried discussing. The only thing you've continued to do is impugn my opinion and discredit my allowance on this forum. So, if this is my last post (which I highly doubt), I want to go out with a nod and a smile and find my way to the CM where I will be the FIRST in line to buy 5 copies of Treek and give them to level 1 characters which I will likely later delete... just out of spite. :D

I love how your 'closing post' confirms everything I wrote. You seem to think I'm against you spending Cartel Coins. Shows how much attention you actually paid to my posts. "Reasoning, being nice, and discussion" hardly describe your posts though. You've put down every single person on this thread who's disagreed with you, and the other thread as well. You didn't even read their whole post, just enough to know they disagree. You tell people not to discuss it on one thread, but on another with the exact same topic. Interestingly, you're the OP of that thread too, and feel like it's "yours" as well. What you're doing isn't about Treek, it isn't about Cartel Coins, it isn't about legacy restrictions, it's about you. You don't even allow discussion in the thread. You put down every single idea and divert them to another thread so you can put them down again. You represent everything these forums are against, and I will be glad to see you gone.

On a different note, how that everyone sensible has ignored him, lets actually discuss the topic again, and hope the devs can shed some light.

10 other Ewok threads and only two with a direct response regarding the purchase specifics. Another thread showed we would have a choice, but the Legacy lock was in question. Mine got a direct response about the Legacy lock. Had my thread been the "standard" thread, and loaded with dribble, it is unlikely I would have seen any kind of response.

Im sorry are you replated to Sir Copperfield?

But you are being rewarded? You get something for free that other people have to buy.

Not for free since it requires BOTH legacy 40 AND a million credits. If the companion were FREE to those with legacy 40, you would have a point, but it's NOT free.

Not for free since it requires BOTH legacy 40 AND a million credits

If you have both.. then it's free.. as neither actually costs you any real life currency to acquire incremental to what you already pay (ie: your sub.... which is a sunk cost to post in the forums here).

Edited by Andryah

By that logic, those that can't be bothered to do Nightmare modes should have the same opportunities to be geared in BIS gear. Why not sell those for CC's. Why not sell max level characters with all companions at max level affection and all companion unlocks? After all, it doesn't affect the raiders how others got their BIS gear or that other max level character, right?

And the best part is that it can't be called P2W, since you can achieve both BIS gear and max level characters with all companion unlocks and all companions at max affection by in game means, and as someone pointed out P2W would ONLY apply if it could ONLY be obtained via real money and not by an in game means.

Yes that's correct, you can apply the same logic to core gameplay functions like levelling up.

And you're right, why does it affect anyone else if someone has decided to pay £200 for a fully maxed character with all the best gear and hasn't had to "earn" it?

By that logic, those that can't be bothered to do Nightmare modes should have the same opportunities to be geared in BIS gear. Why not sell those for CC's. Why not sell max level characters with all companions at max level affection and all companion unlocks?

Nonsequitur, absurd, and weaksauce for your complaint.

BIS gear and autoleveling are not fluff and are not QoL by any normal (ie: non-absurd) reasoning by a sane MMO player.

Stop using absurd comparisons to make your bitterness known. We already know you are bitter about this.

The real question for you, IMO, should be... what are you personally going to do about it? Suck up the cupcake, leave town, or just sit in your chair and shake and shiver about it and complain in virtual form?

Edited by Andryah

Are you people still arguing about this? I thought this discussion was done with the confirmation.

It's down to bitter diatribes by the stubborn and self-wounded, and others taking time to point it out to them and encourage them to start the healing process. :p Both are futile IMO. :)

Edited by Andryah

Casual gamers dominate the MMO market. Even if I am not there, there will be a thousand players just like me already signed up on launch day. Plus, I have money to burn, I might just join all three and see what they have to offer. If they open a cash system there as well, who knows... I might just have to buy one of everything just to see what it all looks like. So go ahead, add me to ignore. You are only doing me a favor. Cause you sound less like a hardcore gamer and more like the bully at the back of the school bus.

I would not be surprised if the REAL reason some quit WOW was because they could not BUY that game and would have actually had to <gasp> earn what they wanted.

And you're right, why does it affect anyone else if someone has decided to pay £200 for a fully maxed character with all the best gear and hasn't had to "earn" it?

It does when you go into PvP. In the current bolster system PvE gear is better than PvP gear or at least it's just as good.

This thread was made to help show Bioware that Legacy LvL 40+ deserve some type of unique Legacy item. You should stop by and throw in a suggestion.

A unique legacy item that the "have to have it now" crowd can complain about NOT getting and whine for it to be made available for CC's?

i and everyone else in game will be enjoying our ewok for CC in 2.3. :)

Yep, though I have not yet decided if I will use some of my inventory of credits (which cost me nothing) or some of my inventory of coin grants (which also cost me nothing). :D I have both in abundance, so I have to wait on the actual CC price before making the economic assessment (which I do for everything in this game that can be acquired through multiple paths).

The only people that Treek represents a hardship to (ie: cannot be easily unlocked) is new players and non-subscribers.

Edited by Andryah