Celebrate KOTOR’s 10 Year Anniversary

Didn't read the thread so sorry if i repeat someone:

Is it just me who feels a bit offended by the CC cost of the title? "But it's just 10 CC", you might say, "It's nothing!" And it's indeed nothing if you take into consideration just yourself. But imagine if you make a special title available for only 24 hours for a price that seems to be "nothing". Tell me, how many people will fall for it and buy the title without any second thoughts? I bet 90%+ of the playerbase will. And now imagine how much money this will bring to Bioware.

Anyway, my point is, BW/EA managed to turn even a KOTOR anniversary celebration reward into a cash cow. I really don't like it.

Wait, what? It's 10cc, who doesn't have 10cc? And what exactly are 'we' falling for? You don't like it, don't buy it. If some money is made then so be it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are happy to announce that on July 15th we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts. To mark this celebration, we will be doing a couple of things both in-game, and out.

Read More

Now if ONLY YOU COULD FINISH FIXING THE SET.

In contradiction to Eric's reply saying "The light grey bug of Revans armor is just the lighting in which he is found" is false. They compared the bugged primary color outfit to a bugged primary color outfit on an NPC.

REVAN Before the light grey bug in the republic fleet after the Jedi Prisoner Quest in 1.6.1

REVAN After the light grey bug in the republic fleet after the Jedi Prisoner Quest in 1.6.1

>_>

Edited by Magnusheart

Didn't read the thread so sorry if i repeat someone:

Is it just me who feels a bit offended by the CC cost of the title? "But it's just 10 CC", you might say, "It's nothing!" And it's indeed nothing if you take into consideration just yourself. But imagine if you make a special title available for only 24 hours for a price that seems to be "nothing". Tell me, how many people will fall for it and buy the title without any second thoughts? I bet 90%+ of the playerbase will. And now imagine how much money this will bring to Bioware.

Anyway, my point is, BW/EA managed to turn even a KOTOR anniversary celebration reward into a cash cow. I really don't like it.

Ok...so they're gouging us for 10 cents a piece, after giving us $5.00....

Yup...sounds malicious to me...

Wow, another useless and meaningless title. Just what I wanted.:rolleyes: An announcement of a 10th Anniversary HD edition of KOTOR, with main character voiceover, would also be nice. The facebook coin giveaway is also useless as I do not use those ridiculous "social media" sites. Sorry, BW, but this nothing to get excited about.

10th anniversary of KoToR, why didn't you guys release a HD collection for 360/PS3 with achievements/trophies. Or give us back the Gear you took away, my smuggler wants that hat lol

Release the legacy gear as 15th-16th BoP unlocks from the cartel market lol

How about Cartel Coins giveaway that does not require Facebook. Some of us don't want and refuse to have a Facebook account.

How about Tawn Tawn Fawn code or some KOTOR gear (ie. Bastila's robes, Revan's mask) for a giveaway for Subscribers (You know the people whom have supported SWTOR for over a year and a half with their paid subscriptions).

Edited by Mezoso

I would have like to see something in game for the celebration, beyond the CM. I know the title is 10cc but how much is it going to cost to unlock it in the Collection system? I guess I will just have to wait to see.

I would have like to see something in game for the celebration, beyond the CM. I know the title is 10cc but how much is it going to cost to unlock it in the Collection system? I guess I will just have to wait to see.

Well, they did recently fix the holo-statues of them in Axial Park on Corellia, so they actually showed the images of the heroes. I haven't seen this yet, mind you, but maybe they did it in honor of their being here ten years.

How about Cartel Coins giveaway that does not require Facebook. Some of us don't want and refuse to have a Facebook account.

This

Keep up the facebook only contests and you will eventually lose me. I binned Facebook 4 years ago and refuse to get another account.

Sounds like fun! But I do think that Facebook giveaways are a bad idea. My experience is that the same people with insanely fast internet speed or use bots get all the prizes and nobody is left happy. When I was little I played Maplestory, and I remember they had giveaways through the game. They randomly picked someone online and that person got mailed such and such prize. Couldn't you do something like that?

That would be much better, could be done once an hour or so on each server to award X people that are online then, up to a max of one time per account for the whole giveaway event. Or at least do it through the official site, you have it, use it for a change and stop telling people thy have to go to a 3rd party one. And that's not even forgetting the fact that you have a direct link to the account you give it to when you do it like that.

I agree with this, even though I have a Facebook. Like I said earlier, there should be a random distribution system in the game that sends free cartel coins to online users (subscribers only) throughout the day. It would save BW a whole lot of grief from people saying "F2P IS RUINING THE GAME" or "BOTTERS" or "UNFAIR" et cetera.

Same with maintenance really... "Maintenance is extended, but we're keeping the official site down and we're reluctant to update the massage on the launcher, go visit our anti-social media page!" ...getting so tired of it all. Edited by Lyshar

Wow you've done some fail things Bioware because your corporate owners at EA ordered you too. But this just spits on all LORE. You didn't have a life-day because it was too Christmas but you'll have a day where every loser gets to be the biggest mary sue in the series offspring? Thanks for nothing.

Wow you've done some fail things Bioware because your corporate owners at EA ordered you too. But this just spits on all LORE. You didn't have a life-day because it was too Christmas but you'll have a day where every loser gets to be the biggest mary sue in the series offspring? Thanks for nothing.

Heir doesn't equal offspring, it just means "A person inheriting and continuing the legacy of a predecessor."

"Revan's Heir" title....really? That's what you call exciting? :rolleyes:

How about Tawn Tawn Fawn code or some KOTOR gear (ie. Bastila's robes, Revan's mask) for a giveaway for Subscribers (You know the people whom have supported SWTOR for over a year and a half with their paid subscriptions).

^ This 100%. I mean, you gave us 500 cartel coins, which took nothing to do. It was a nice gesture, but fell very short of really giving back to subscribers like you said you would. I mean, was it a 1 hr session to come up with the idea to give away 500 cartel coins? No...its was a 30 second one. Zero effort spent. And now a bloody title? Where is the "celebration"? It's text. That's all. It took 5 min to add to the game. And, what exactly is the POINT in making it 10 cc? Just give it away for free for crying out loud.

How about a SALE or free KOTOR related items? Limited Edition DYE-ABLE Malak, Revan, and Bastila armor!!!!!! Because making them not dye-able was just plain idiocy and this would be the PERFECT time to do something with them. But, ohh...EAware wont make money off it...so no effort will be expended.

Man, you guys at Bioware sure know how to party "sarcasm".

And facebook only stuff...why? Just "give away" the stuff on this site and be done with it.

happy 10th anniversary KOTOR! great job on this guys! (developers & others who helped with this) :

Helped with what exactly? Putting a line of text in the game for a title and giving away cartel coins?....

Edited by DarthVengeant