Celebrate KOTOR’s 10 Year Anniversary

Wow you've done some fail things Bioware because your corporate owners at EA ordered you too. But this just spits on all LORE. You didn't have a life-day because it was too Christmas but you'll have a day where every loser gets to be the biggest mary sue in the series offspring? Thanks for nothing.

Yeah, I don't think you know what Heir means.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question (not that I'm worried about 10-15 CC) but why have people pay CC at all for a title? o.O

Why not just give the title to all who log in that day? Might even limit it to just the characters that are logged in.

Seeing this, it's made me wonder as well, why wasn't Makeb made a Cartel Market purchase? It cost 10-20 dollars to purchase. That's 1800-2400 CC. Was it just to make sure subs paid extra instead of saving up their CC from subbing and purchasing it?

While one doesn't have to be the offspring to be an heir, offspring are generally considered heirs, and plenty of people will take such a title to mean just that...offspring. :p

Tom Marvolo Riddle, the true Heir

Now if ONLY YOU COULD FINISH FIXING THE SET.

In contradiction to Eric's reply saying "The light grey bug of Revans armor is just the lighting in which he is found" is false. They compared the bugged primary color outfit to a bugged primary color outfit on an NPC.

REVAN Before the light grey bug in the republic fleet after the Jedi Prisoner Quest in 1.6.1

REVAN After the light grey bug in the republic fleet after the Jedi Prisoner Quest in 1.6.1

>_>

^ This. Please fix the set before KOTOR's 10 year Anniversary.

First time that I have been truly disgusted with BiOWare, KotOR was the beginning of an amazing duology that built upon Tales of the Jedi, how do you celebrate it? a purchasable CM title.

The old BiOWare is officially dead.

You just realized that now?

Sounds like fun! But I do think that Facebook giveaways are a bad idea. My experience is that the same people with insanely fast internet speed or use bots get all the prizes and nobody is left happy. When I was little I played Maplestory, and I remember they had giveaways through the game. They randomly picked someone online and that person got mailed such and such prize. Couldn't you do something like that?

that and face book is evil

If this title isn't bind of pickup, those are probably going to sell quite nicely a few months from that day... I think I'll buy a couple.

But I'd also be interested how much it will cost to unlock it to legacy via collections.

Let me Spell check that for you......" Mourning the death of the KOTOR and Revan stories"....I remember that day....when.....Swtor came out....and, oh my gosh its so hard to think about it......and then Revan stepped from the stasis chamber in MP..........and.........then I was like ***..........then I read the novel..........then.....

Darth Vader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

This is lame. I was expecting at least one in-game item.

All we get is a piece of text? We're beeing charged for 2 words on top of our heads when we already got the "revanite" title wich is basically the same.

James ohlen blog post is the only worthwhile thing.

the "revanite" title wich is basically the same.

Only Imperial characters can obtain the "Revanite" title. That said, I'm sure every Revanite believes they're Revan's heir in a metaphysical sense so aside from the faction exclusivity of "Revanite" the two titles are uncomfortably similar...

...that made no sense to me, I need caffeine. Suffice to say I generally agree with you that we could have gotten more but we're not so- as with the ewok debacle- may as well grin and bear it.

I can't attack you for saying this because I've got a warning, but please think up the worst possible insults and attribute them to yourself.

Feel free to do the same. You deserve it.

Ok...so they're gouging us for 10 cents a piece, after giving us $5.00....

Yup...sounds malicious to me...

Yeah, we (subs) were given 5$, but it doesn't change the fact that an anniversary celebration reward has a price tag on it.

If it was not meant to make money off the said reward, why put the price on it at all then? Why not giving the title for free to every character who logged during the said 24 hours, like other games do?

We are happy to announce that on July 15th we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts. To mark this celebration, we will be doing a couple of things both in-game, and out.

Read More

I assume you speak as a company representative only. I am curious how many at the office are slamming their face into the wall over this, and it you're one of them.

I am confident the Developers would have preferred to do an event then, it should have been foreseen that the day was coming. There will be a new event about a month later, would it have been hard to plan one here instead of that one?

Seems EAware's way of celebrating is saying "Here's something in the cartel market, lets celebrate this with us!". Same happened with the life day and people already told you then. It's not about the 10/15 CC, it's about the fact that it's again this cartel celebration.

I think the message is: "Remember KotOR? That BioWare is dead!" But we already knew that and it's no reason to celebrate anything.

Edited by Lyshar

Now to those who feel like white knights and defend this, take a moment to pull your heads out of your behinds and with the fresh air think clearly.

10 year celebration, this is something that comes once in a lifetime. Time goes forward, never backwards.

How will we look back at this? A cheesy title you had to pay cartel coins for, yes, it is quite cheap but look back at what I said, this moment will never repeat itself again.

It will be remembered by its awesome title that is dead after a Month.

Instead of a poor title that took almost no time whatsoever to create, more should of been done. People should not pay any amount for such a celebration, celebrations are times where people are happy and celebrate(Obvious eh?).

They should not cough up dough nor should they cough it up for something so worthless it is insulting to the original KoToR games.

This is probably EAwares way of spitting on the old game and showing everyone how great they are at destroying things.

Edited by Jaakmang
typo