Devs, Please Revert to Old Set Bonus for Arsenal, Find Another Way to Balance Pyro

odawgg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

I played with both, stacked the 15% before they fixed it, and so on and so forth. I did it all! And I think I agree: I prefer free railshots. It feels more intuitive with the way Merc resource management works--heat goes a little high, you still have a power move to throw out while while you vent. Other classes see similar "cost reduction" bonuses on key abilities, though usually in their skill tree.

Gotta be a better way. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I'd be happy if they just add it to the arsenal tree. possibly just doubling the current skill that lowers it. I mean mercs went from zero heat to 10 without any additional heat management abilities. Or add it to the tracer lock buff where it would be 2 heat per stack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't want just simply to revert to the old eliminator set bonus, since this will hurt pyro spec (even though I don't play it) which is already suffering from previous changes made.

I find it odd you would say Pyro is suffering when you posted a log in which you broke 3600 dps at one point. Even without the bugged extra heat vented from your offhand Rail Shot, I wouldn't say Merc Pyro is suffereing.

I find it odd you would say Pyro is suffering when you posted a log in which you broke 3600 dps at one point. Even without the bugged extra heat vented from your offhand Rail Shot, I wouldn't say Merc Pyro is suffereing.

The OP is very old and has not been updates since its inception, it was suffering at one point :) I will update it

But please feel free to /sign if you want the free Rail Shot back which is what this thread is aimed at

Edited by odawgg

i keep wondering, why such a simple fix isnt implemented for like months now....

and plz dont tell me that arsenal mercs dont have overheating problems with the new set bonus.

it is clear that you cannot push to the limit as you could with the old set bonus.

Are the DEVS actually ever reading those pages i wonder?? Do they want us to keep playing their game?

• 2 weeks later...
Still running my PVE 61 tracer missile bonus with crafted purple 66 and full exp bolster in PVP. Not sure how much longer this will be usable. I wonder if it is a perceived too much damage issue for arsenal or if tracer missile is being given to much power in the rotation over railshot.

perceived or not, it would not make arsenal too powerful. They could just reduce the damage HSM does by a small amount or something if they really think it would. Easy fix here, BW just needs to do it.

• 5 weeks later...

I have much fun when using PVE sets on PVP.

Still using 4 pieces of 61 PVE Eliminator for my Merc for when im doing PVP. Reason?

Level 61 items, with 28 reflex augment and bolster system are better than minimaxed conqueror. Not to mention they provide 155 expertise per piece (conqueror/obroan are granting only 150 :p).

For full AP powertech i am using 4 pieces of PVE combat tech set when PVPing. Why?

Because as mentioned above - when u minimax it with only 61 modifications and top reflex augment u will be better off than using damn conqueror minimaxed and for Advanced Prototype bellow set bonuses are just crazy:

2 Pieces: Battle Focus/Explosive fuel cooldown reduced by 15 sec (very nice for bursting people down)

3 Pieces: HIB/RS damage is improved by 8% (here is the real reason to use it, as ALL of my HIB/RS are auto crits (Charged Gauntlets talent), which realy makes it approx. 14% DAMAGE IMPROVEMENT!). This is where the set bonus is priceless.

BUT

Instead of doing it with set, my oppinion is simple: Change the Arsenal itself, because the heat management should not relay on specific set bonus, Sorry.

(and yes i do play arsenal quite a bit).

Edited by Nezyrworks