Devs, Please Revert to Old Set Bonus for Arsenal, Find Another Way to Balance Pyro

odawgg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Devs don't read "class forums" section of forums. You can tell by how many replies there are to relevant class balance issues across all classes and multiple pages. Chances of this thread being read by Devs is 0%. They only reply to threads they have started themselves such as upcoming changes to the next patch or class representative election threads. Edited by DkSharktooth

The Devs dont but Musco does. I'm sure he mentioned the issues raised he to the dev team. He even said as much in a recent podcast interview.

You think that he really mentioned the issues to them? Mercs have sucked for 2 years(@pvp), I don't believe that for a second he mentioned anything.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Devs don't read "class forums" section of forums. You can tell by how many replies there are to relevant class balance issues across all classes and multiple pages. Chances of this thread being read by Devs is 0%. They only reply to threads they have started themselves such as upcoming changes to the next patch or class representative election threads.

He knew about it, trust me ;) but in the end we got it back, whether it was this or the class questions or both

He knew about it, trust me ;) but in the end we got it back, whether it was this or the class questions or both

Ask for -10seconds on chafe flare talent effects, -5 seconds on jet boost, and -5 seconds on hydraulic overrides cooldowns.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Ask for -10seconds on chafe flare talent effects, -5 seconds on jet boost, and -5 seconds on hydraulic overrides cooldowns.

I hand the baton off to you!! Hahaha... My days of spokesman are over, retiring to live my final years in the carribean :D

I hand the baton off to you!! Hahaha... My days of spokesman are over, retiring to live my final years in the carribean :D

I'm going to pass on being spokesman, they don't listen to reason only to cartel coins.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Victory! :D

Wait...I think I read it wrong

"Upgraded Arsenal will now reduce the cost of Rail Shot by 3/6/9 Heat while in High Velocity Gas Cylinder."

Isn't it 2/4/6 Heat already? So only reduced it 3 Heat????

If so, this sucks and it's not complete victory

I tried Arsenal spec on PTS for a couple of tries during the last two days.

(I'm very rusty playing Arsenal, since I only played Pyro for the past year (and a bit of hybrid), but the 3 extra vent heat every 8 seconds doesn't quite do it for me :()

I can manage now with 1 rapid shots every 3 GCD's, but I was actually hoping for a free rail shot :(

I'm getting too much heat to fast and doing 200 deeps less then pyro :(

Edited by Magsel

Like other Merc I too have been begging for a free rail shot since 2.0, but after playing PTS the past few days I honestly think it's not needed anymore now that the RNG factor no longer affects our damage, if we were to have a free rail shot now I would honestly feel like heat would be a bit too easy to manage now that we know exactly when unload is coming. I wouldn't like it to come to a point where our heat dissipation rate is that of a snipers, it would take the fun out of it for me. That's my input anyway Arsenal is a great spec for raiding, it still might be a tad behind other specs in raids numbers wise, but who really cares that much don't you guys love being the underdogs and after raiding in DF Nightmare Arsenal's defensive abilities come in real handy against certain mechanics.

Well I commend you for wanting more of a heat challeng :D

I would be fine with heat mgmt myself, I just want to do more damage... Giving back free rail shot would bring us in line IMO

Yeah because even with these changes Pyro without an armor debuff still does more damage than Arsenal with one.

Yeah because even with these changes Pyro without an armor debuff don't more damage than Arsenal with one.

This ^^^

Although I'm ok with it not being equal to Pyro in a fight that favors sustained dps, no other spec does right now... It just needs a little nudge still