Concerns About Players Being Suspended

EricMusco

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does that mean its ok to legacy transfer crystals to unlock in collections?

I'd like to know this as well. Or just transfer Cartel Crystals through the Legacy system, as I don't actually have any unlocked, even though they're bound (it's a really weird system.)

Want to send an old Pink/Purple to my Trooper, but I don't want to lose my account.

• Dev Post
Thank you Eric. This was the feeling I had. Your comment in the matter is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully, in the future, accounts are more thoroughly investigated before action is taken. Technology is great, but I think we can see here what happens when there isn't human input into the process.

For the sake of clarification, is it an exploit in your eyes, to dupe crystals and send them to alts via legacy gear?

This feature wasn't patched and it's still possible to do this.

I think we all want to know the answer to this.

Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit. This is the case because there is no way to manipulate the system to allow for a large amount of credit gain as there was prior to 2.1.0b.

Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit. This is the case because there is no way to manipulate the system to allow for a large amount of credit gain as there was prior to 2.1.0b.

Awesome. Thanks.

I feel bad for all the people who got caught up in the mess :(

At least we don't have to worry about Legacy gear getting us all banned, though.

This is what happens when you don't use PTS and do proper testing. Nobody really even knew what the collections system was about until it launched because you were afraid people would be upset if they knew too much about the introduction of even more gambling content.

How many "bugs" or "regressions" does this make? Maybe stop being so excited to exploit gambling addicts and focus on proper design, development AND testing. Crazy, I know.

Thanks Eric. :)

This is what happens when you don't use PTS and do proper testing. Nobody really even knew what the collections system was about until it launched because you were afraid people would be upset if they knew too much about the introduction of even more gambling content.

How many "bugs" or "regressions" does this make? Maybe stop being so excited to exploit gambling addicts and focus on proper design, development AND testing. Crazy, I know.

Yeah, the PTS needs more time out of the box. It needs to run in the fields with the other servers and grow into a real server!

We were suspended and lost access for one day and given three free ones.

Hey, if the people who were banned (as it sounds like you were?) are happy with the resolution, then, by definition it's fair compensation. I stand corrected if that's the case. :csw_c3po:

A generous position on their part IMO. :)

perhaps, or perhaps just common sense, due to the fact that you can put color crystals into legacy weapons and send them. It's a game mechanic that would require a complete redesign to limit.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

Thank goodness for the clarification. This is exactly what I did, for the purposes of potentially changing the color crystal of any companion or character at will.

I'd have though there'd have been more than 150.

Anyway, as one of the 150, thanks for getting this taken care of in time for the long weekend.

(just please please please don't repeat this scenario in the future)

Edited by Jaing

perhaps, or perhaps just common sense, due to the fact that you can put color crystals into legacy weapons and send them. It's a game mechanic that would require a complete redesign to limit.

When you think of it, it actually kinda moves color crystals in a direction that they had talked about where they would just be cosmetic.

I bet it has nothing to do with legacy weapons.

How's this for a theory?

They used the crystal copy feature on white crystals. They RE'd the white crystals until they learned the pattern. Then they made and sold white crystals.

Seems to jive with the statement that with 2.1.0b, this exploit can't be done any more.

If this is the case, an interesting question might be whether or not they kept their schematic for the white crystal. Another might be if they kept the ill-gotten credits.

Edited by DarthTHC

I bet it has nothing to do with legacy weapons.

How's this for a theory?

They used the crystal copy feature on white crystals. They RE'd the white crystals until they learned the pattern. Then they made and sold white crystals.

Seems to jive with the statement that with 2.1.0b, this exploit can't be done any more.

If this is the case, an interesting question might be whether or not they kept their schematic for the white crystal. Another might be if they kept the ill-gotten credits.

You completely overlooked the other thing reportedly fixed in 2.1.0b:

The vendor value of Color Crystals that are tracked via the Collections UI has been reduced.

Eric also specifically said it had to do with Crystals and Collections.

Vendor -> Economy -> Economy Exploitation

Edited by AlixMV

Actually, you and DarthTHC both probably right.

I'm thinking back now to some worries expressed by one of our forum regulars who is also a noted RE artiface.

Just to give you a bit of perspective, there were less than 150 people in total who were incorrectly actioned as a part of what happened yesterday.

Wow, only 150 of us, that is a tiny number - great to have that perspective. It was surprising how much it hurt to be wrapped up in all this, and 24 hours seemed like forever, but it's great to have it sorted.

Just to give you a bit of perspective, there were less than 150 people in total who were incorrectly actioned as a part of what happened yesterday.

Even 1 person incorrectly actioned against is bad service, which I've been through before, but to have that many (in which you downplay as not many) is terrible on EA's end and deserve all the bad raps that come with it.

Edited by Pistols

3 days for 1 lost day isn't a terrible deal to be fair.

Until I bring up that I missed a raid night which was run without me and now the group that I run with is locked out, so I'm SOL for this week. One night affected my entire week from being suspended unjustly.

What's vendor sale value? 10% of purchase value? If so, then whites would have vendored for 500k each if I recall original pricing correctly. Yeah, there's an exploit right there.