Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

No way, leave my leveling speed alone.

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

Give this man a medal, people who don't like the leveling speed can slow themselves the **** down, leave everyone else alone.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should focus less on time spent to level and more on how fast you get the XP when you're playing.

I'm just starting to run into the same situation as the OP. I arrived on Taris last night and I'm already almost level 20. According to the galaxy map, I should be level 20 when I finish Taris. The enemies on Taris are too easy! That's no fun! I really hope that the game corrects itself at some point in my near future.

I do every quest (and bonus quest) that I come across, I've done The Esseles and Hammer Station once each, I've done each heroic area once, and I did each of the first three space missions twice to finish those quests. No Warzones, yet. I think this should be the standard for XP gain, not the guy who doesn't do anything but solo quests. It's a multiplayer game!

I don't really understand why you think this game is "too quick to level". I can actually see myself taking a really long time to get there, as this is probably the first MMO that I have ever played that wasn't screaming "Don't worry, the good stuff is at the end". I think alot of people have that mentality because some games push them that way, and so they take days off of work (assuming they work) and play the game nonstop until they hit 50 so they can yell "FIRST!".

But who cares? That's why I like this game -- its the first MMO that I felt like if I take my sweet *** time leveling, I'm not missing anything, because the content is keeping me entertained. But some people ride the spacebar and run through crap just to get there and then look around like "WHAT?!" (imagine them throwing up thier arms, bro style. STOP DISRESPECTIN, BRO)

I guess the question is, "Are you having fun?"

I guess the question is, "Are you having fun?"

Thus far, yes. If I continue to outlevel the enemies, I can see the fun factor dropping significantly. Story is great, but I want to play a game. Killing grey enemies isn't fun for me.

I agree. I have been taking my time, and am now 32 at 2d10h played. Not skipped one dialogue, been intentionally completing all areas for story purposes but also gameplay wise so I won't struggle as hard on the next planet. Just landed on Alderaan.

It's just too fast. I've been playing since day 2 of the Early Access.

While I am having fun, I want to postpone level 50 because I'll reroll anyway.

Edited by Dekadez

There are actually two problems:

1) Players are ahead of content, unless they skip content - for instance, starting Tatooine at level 30 is not a normal situation

2) This game does not require a lot of /played time to reach level 50.

No matter you play 20+ hours a day or 2- hours a day, these two problems remain.

1) If you don't want to fight against gray level mobs, then you have to skip content. That's stupid. Period.

2) Some people can reach the level 50 in a week, provided that they are in holidays for instance.

These are problems because this game has a great and fantastic content from level 1 to 50, and because as many other young games it needs to be polished. Therefore, slowing down the XP would have:

1) helped the people to get on a planet at the right level without having to skip content

2) offered some extra time to the Bioware teams to fix the huge list of severe / medium bugs still present in the game.

Most if not all the MMO that have allowed people to reach the max level in a very short period of time - and have therefore not let the developers fixed the issues - have failed. I sincerely hope that SWToR will be an exception to this de-facto rule, as I really love this game.

i loved the sith storyline and it was so ggod i have to play all the toons and see all of their stories. I am probably going to be disappointed since I can not see better than the sith stoyline.

Imp Agent story really rocks give that a try.

I have to agree. I am a casual player to say the least - 1-year old at home...work all day. I think it would be nice to at least have a way to stop XP progression. It is cool to get to that next level but when I haven't completed every quest in a level appropriate zone and I out-level it, that kind of stinks. I would love to explore more of the big areas and run around and blow things up and loot grind and so on.

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

LOL... I am happy this game is not a grind fest if it was I would not play it... I have 5 or 6 chars all lvl 10-11 and i have 2 chars lvl 22 and I really enjoy the speed of the leveling... If you are leveling to fast dont play as much =D..... LOL...

I disagree, slow leveling makes people slow down and experience more of the game and players.

ya...or...or...they get tired of running around the same area all day because it takes so long to progress and stop playing. I, for one, would like to level all the classes. I dont need it to be taking 6 months to level each one.

This kind of thread makes me nervous, because I know how devs think.

Sixty thousand people can complain that leveling is too SLOW, and they won't budge an inch.

If you can get five people to complain that leveling is too FAST, they'll nerf it.

Conclusion: Get your 50's now while you can.

I like the fact that I can skip over some of the content on my next play through. If we actually had to do every single quest, people would complain that A] they HAD to do them ALL and B] they have to repeat a lot of the same quests on alts.

If I had trouble finding a group for a certain quest when I go back I can try to do that one instead of this one or that one that I completed. Maybe I just want to do my class story and PvP, great I can do that too. I like that you have the option of leveling multiple ways.

The pace might be a little quick, but it's better to have a ton of content than find it extremely lacking like many MMO's have done in the past. I'd rather have too many quests and options to level, than ever need to mob grind again.

Sixty thousand people can complain that leveling is too SLOW, and they won't budge an inch.

If you can get five people to complain that leveling is too FAST, they'll nerf it.

Conclusion: Get your 50's now while you can.

This is so untrue it hurts. I can't think of any game that ever made leveling slower.

Edited by scrynen

Say that when you're 50 and have nothing to do and then move to another game.

Leveling is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast.

This response honestly confuses me greatly.

Its like this premise...

There is nothing to do at level 50

If I made it so it took someone a year to get to 50 they would enjoy the game longer. (apparantly because they would definitely still want to get to 50 but I would be delaying them from noticing there is nothing to do then).

Where I get confused is...

If someone would keep playing simply to "level"

Why would they not be content to keep doing that same bunch of repetitive actions just because their level indicator said "50" ?

Its like *ding* "you are level 50" oh wow I just realized this quest chain is entirely uninteresting... as is all the other content around me. Oddly it was perfectly fascinating at level 49...