Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem is that if you do ANYTHING other than questing the pacing gets totally screwed up.

If you stop questing to go run a few flashpoints you are already a couple levels above the content you were doing before the flashpoints.

Decide that since you are already in your ship you might as well knock out a bunch of space missions before going back to the planet you were on? Now everything on that planet is green.

Queuing for PVP while questing too? Uh-oh, now you are better off just finishing your class quest and moving on to the next planet.

I agree, leveling is a bit fast. If i do all the quests on a planet i outlevel it.

I left Taris 2 levels above it''s range, even though i skipped bonus missions and at the end was runnung stealthed to avoid fights.

I left Nar Shaddaa 2 levels above it''s range, almost entirely runing stealthed, no bonus missions. I still have heroics left there and i even didn''t get to the bonus quest line.

I''m lvl 26 in the beginning of Tatooine. And that''s while i''m restricting myself.

Edited by ProtoRay

Leveling is way to fast. Should be about 20% slower so you can complete quest lines on a planet/do a flashpoint or two between planets, and maybe a PvP battle or two a day.

If you do this, then everyone who does NOT play that way gets stuck.

There is no way to fix this other than allowing people to lock XP, which no game does on launch.

if you follow the story line and end up in the right quest at your level, then they shouldn't reduce the exp gained. if they do, then people will be forced to do warzones and spacebattles, which not everyone is fond of.. or keep on killing more monsters, which in my opinion is waaay too old school.

best thing i guess is just reduce the exp that is gained from doing non-quest stuff.

just my two cents :)

+1

swtor is obviously not designed to force the player to group, at least not until last level when there is not much solo activities left.

So a player doing all solo quest in a zone but no group quest, no space missions, no battlezone and with few rest must be able to keep up with the planet level.

I like the current leveling pace... makes one take its time to explore, stop to assist someone in their quests or missions, explore crafting, fiddle around with the mods and have drinks at the cantina.

I only play a few hours a day (after work, dinner, shower and spending some time with the family) so gaining a level for those few hours is truly a rewarding experience.

No way, leave my leveling speed alone.

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

This.

The leveling speed is perfect. All Bioware has to do is add more endgame content because everything else is done (quest, storylines). Rushing to 50 is the wrong way to play at this point. You won't even have other 50's to help you do any of the current endgame content. Hopefully by the time the majority hit 50 Bioware will patch in more endgame content.

This.

The leveling speed is perfect. All Bioware has to do is add more endgame content because everything else is done (quest, storylines). Rushing to 50 is the wrong way to play at this point. You won't even have other 50's to help you do any of the current endgame content. Hopefully by the time the majority hit 50 Bioware will patch in more endgame content.

Protip: Even though the title gives the impression, we aren't talking about leveling to 50 being an issue. We are more talking about out leveling content by doing more than the class story quests.

Its a shame you cant experience everything the game has to offer which Im sure BioWare wants you to without being punished for it. It doesn't matter if you play 1 hour or 12 a day, if you go outside of your class story too much, you will be 2 hitting mobs and doing grey quests when you go to the next world.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Problem: You level too fast.

Solution: Get a job. Stop to eat and sleep now and then.

Devs don't need to change things, solo players don't suffer.

Obviously you miseed the point, its about seeing all the wonderful content bioware has created at the proper difficulty. Get a new brain.

+1 to support this

Eiither reduce exp from pvp, space missions, questing... or at least give us the option to turn exp off, this game has so much quality content from 1-50 its a pitty we have to do it all on easy mode.

I've been playing since the first wave of EGA. BH Merc. Probably 12 hrs a day.

Doing all quests, bonus quests, few Heroics, few Flashpoints, no space.

I just finished Hoth, lvl 42.

I have no problem with the leveling speed. So long as there's end-game, I'll be happy. Also plan on putting in time getting lots of armor.

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

Agree 100%. Take a chapter from the Rift playbook and see how that worked out.

Obviously you miseed the point, its about seeing all the wonderful content bioware has created at the proper difficulty. Get a new brain.

+1 to support this

Eiither reduce exp from pvp, space missions, questing... or at least give us the option to turn exp off, this game has so much quality content from 1-50 its a pitty we have to do it all on easy mode.

Just dont get your skills and it becomes a little more difficult the further you go through the story. Leveling is a fine speed. Just because people think WoW was slower at first, or even if it was slower, does not mean that it was the perfect speed or that SWtOR should follow.

I have played solo 95% of the game and done every quest and I have not out leveled the content. I even grind sometimes while farming crafting mats. If you pvp or do space battles too much, then that is your problem. Dont ruin the game for many, for the benefit of a few whiny elitists, that want to claim that the game is too easy for them. It is like people in WoW whining about raid nerfs because they dont want casuals to see the content as well since they worked so hard.

TLDR: Don't fix what isn't broken.

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

I can't agree at all with this, i play normal aswell, i do daily space missions and lots of flashpoints, even a few warzones. And im lvl 32 just got off alderaan which is exactly where im supposed to be.

I dont understand or know how you got to be lvl 30 when you got to tatooine but it's obvious you must have done lots and lots of warzones, space missions or flashpoints to get there. Since i know from what i have done myself that im not even remotely close to such a high amount of xp gain that you are talking about from doing "moderate amount of regular stuff".

And if you are on the normal level gain, then this game is not simple but in fact hard. Encounters where you die even though its a class quest and you pop every cd. I dont want it to be easier, im saying some people here are on the extreme side of the line who are saying they reach 5 - 6 lvls above the content they are doing but they arent doing anything but normal stuff in a moderate amount. It's not possible, and i know since i am playing this game, my friend is playing this game, my guild is playing this game and not a single person thinks like the OP here does. Or is at such an extreme high level compared to content.

And if you are at that high lvl for some reason, here is a suggestion. Just do your class quests and skip the rest. You dont need to do every quest in this game, and if you want to then you should not be doing tons of other stuff that gives xp aswell as that will lead to a much more xp gain...of course.

Edited by Icecrypt

This is the first MMO, where I don't constantly look how much I've to go till the next level. I follow the story, do the sidequests and leveling is just a side effect. Maybe it could be slower, but if I outlevel it too much I will skip some planets and do them on an alt.

I've never seen a MMO where people don't complain about leveling too slow or too fast. Some just want to be 50 in 2 days, others want to enjoy one character for 3 years, and some want to make alt after alt. It's just a matter of taste. I think it's fairly balanced in this game.

the content that is there is good the problem isnt levelling too fast, i like the pace, they just need more. more content, more levels. i dont want it to feel grindy i like leveling but right now the pace isnt hte problem its the fact they spent more time on the voiceover "content" than they did actual gameplay content which the majority of people skip most of the time, its unecesarily long winded

and the game is just way too easy, the quests that are soloable are laughably easy, and even the instances. so far to 30, have been a cakewalk unless you got a pug full of idiots the only problem i've seen is on the player end usually the tank not keeping aggro but the mobs themselves are easy, and the ai is borderling retarded.

throw some randomization in there, make the mobs have random reactions

Edited by mmjarec