Next expansion, what do you want to see?

CodyM

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) my trench-coat to NOT pass through :

chairs

speeders

floors when sitting

other solid forms of matter

2) the ability to post more than 10 items to the gtn *quickly* without having to completely log out of the game and back in

3) sort the AH by cost per unit... 1 additional column

4) the ability to RE-post items directly from the mail box... not terribly realistic.. but would be nice.

5) the ability to shut up companions... especially vector... in fact a ball gag for him would be ideal

6)

get rid of the red text

Bug Fix Bounty Pack:

Chance to fix:

-Ability failure to fire!

-Random crashes after minimizing the game!

-Randomly getting suck in Warzones!

-Launcher failing to update!

-Patches corrupting game files!

-Random hotkey resets!

Chance to obtain ultra-rare bug fixes:

-Warrior charge falling short!

-Endless one time password lockouts!

-Clipping issues!

-Warzone invisible caps!

I want to see Bioware blow the doors off everyone's expectations.

First create a new faction. The Cartel faction. Members of the cartel faction could ally themselves with Imp or Rep. Or they could just do for themselves.

Move Bounty Hunter to the new faction. Replace the bounty hunter in the empire with the Sith Trooper.

Move Smuggler to the new faction. Replace the smuggler in the republic with Republic Officer.

Next in the new faction add in two new classes. Gambler, Technician, Animal Handler, etc.

Allow ranged weapon classes to choose their weapon. A bounty hunter could use a blaster carbine or a rifle. An agent could use a pistol. A smuggler could use a blaster rifle. A trooper could use a pistol. And they could all use melee weapons as well if they wished.

Next add several new races. There are so many to choose from. So I wont try to list them all. But some could be selected at the beginning. Some purchased off the cartel market. And some unlocked through different means. Maybe even world drop unlocks.

Lastly add in several new planets. Including new starting planet for the two new classes. And the new classes for cartel, would have one.

I know its wishful thinking. We are talking alot of storyline quest rewrites for the smuggler and BH including new voice over stuff. But hey would be cool I think.

Guild capital ship.

More focus on a guild system. A proper announcement system would be nice...so people can know and plan multiple things a week and everyone gets it. the MoTD is to small for that.

Also, direct the GTN tax to the guilds. So far taking a tax serves no purpose. This way, it does, and there is an actual benefit behind it.

SPACE!!!!!!!!!!! I played STO, the space combat was really awesome in that...ground game was lame...here its visa versa...would like this to be the all in one Sci-Fi MMO

BIG pvp matches...4v4? not to excited about. want to feel like I'm in an actual battle, not a tiny strike team.

i'd like to see the continuation of our class stories, zeltron or falleen added as playable races, the spirit of tulak hord playing a part in the inquisitor story, and maybe the lost massassi sith of yavin. they would be bulky, monsterous looking sith purebloods.

• The Imperial Warlord story arc that covers the defection of Grand Moff Regus. Flashpoint(s) and possibly a new daily area.

• Super secret space project. Datamining suggests it will have a pvp element.

• Bothawui, Sleheyron, Yavin IV and Zoist have been name dropped from datamining, along with class specific entries for most of those planets. Class stories may return, and if not, a lot of this content could end up appearing in a Makeb style faction story arc that covers a few planets. My prediction: level cap raised to 60, patch 3.0, a paid digital expansion.

Edited by Marb

Something for guilds. Perhaps a fix to 500 characters limit, perhaps a revamp of the awful message of the day system, perhaps inter faction guild chat, perhaps a guild email or calendar. Just want the basics most other games get by default

I want to see Bioware blow the doors off everyone's expectations.

First create a new faction. The Cartel faction. Members of the cartel faction could ally themselves with Imp or Rep. Or they could just do for themselves.

Move Bounty Hunter to the new faction. Replace the bounty hunter in the empire with the Sith Trooper.

Move Smuggler to the new faction. Replace the smuggler in the republic with Republic Officer.

Next in the new faction add in two new classes. Gambler, Technician, Animal Handler, etc.

Allow ranged weapon classes to choose their weapon. A bounty hunter could use a blaster carbine or a rifle. An agent could use a pistol. A smuggler could use a blaster rifle. A trooper could use a pistol. And they could all use melee weapons as well if they wished.

Next add several new races. There are so many to choose from. So I wont try to list them all. But some could be selected at the beginning. Some purchased off the cartel market. And some unlocked through different means. Maybe even world drop unlocks.

Lastly add in several new planets. Including new starting planet for the two new classes. And the new classes for cartel, would have one.

I know its wishful thinking. We are talking alot of storyline quest rewrites for the smuggler and BH including new voice over stuff. But hey would be cool I think.

I would love to see this, but never wlll. That would be a major overhaul and they'd have to redo all the smuggler and bounty hunter voice work.

If they did do this though there should be a Jedi Outcast and Sith Exile type class as part of the Cartel Faction.

Bugfixes. That is all.

OMG that would be t he best xpac ever!! :rolleyes: I would probably unsub if they did something that dumb. Paid bug fixes where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

I don't know if more classes will ever be introduced (because of the work that would need to go into the leveling process) but perhaps additional Advanced Classes might be possible (with an Advanced Class reset for those looking to try something new).

Or even further specialization of the classes (sort of like Advanced Advanced Classes) maybe call them Hero Classes. Raise level cap to 65 with the Skill Points earned above 55 being attributed to the new class tier abilities.

I wouldnt mind a story about the Emperor.

Playing on the Empire side, I thought his role was established but not his ultimate fate...

Lets do a quest the find the Emperor. Or stop him from cloning himself on Pubside...

The Expanded univerese is so rich with great ideas on characters we all all love...

The Dark Empire series showed us that the Sith Emperor could essentially "never die". And it would be fun to try and hunt for him to return to the throne. Or stop him and save a sector...

Also the Black Sun and Prince Xizor would be fun, too... Everyone loves the Underworld. And working with or destroying them would be great gaming... Lots of room for quests...

The Bounty Hunt Event was a step in the right direction, just a little simple and boring. An entire story revolving around the event would make a great expansion one day...

- Chapter V

- Bothawui and/or Ziost (since dataminers already figured out that voice acting and quests for those planets are finished and that I really want to see those places in game)

- Level cap increased to 60

- New warzones

- New abilities (one per class)

- New companion (maybe one for Light Side and other one for Dark Side, could be nice to have something like that, ofc it would be related to the storyline)

Assuming BW can magically pull things together and create an expansion, I'd like it to be the exact opposite of everything they did with Makeb.

Create areas that are interesting to visit, that have some kind of identity / character and reason to return other than the levelling quests (no, not grindfest "kill x mobs in a field standing around awaiting their turn" dailies).

Create NPC characters that possess personality and some vestige of enthusiasm or emotion.

Use companions to flesh out quest areas and thereby make them interesting to revisit.

Use terrain other than flat fields with a few piles of rocks - don't separate a bunch of identical plateaus with loading screens... in fact come to think of it, make a real effort to cut down on loading screens altogether (including the pitch black overlays that make it look like your PC has crashed).

Whatever happened to the 'second Belsavis' arc? The Esh'ka and the possible story arcs they might be involved in are infinitely more interesting than a bunch of dudes with guns on a nondescript planet in the middle of nowhere changing sides because the Hutts gave them money (while epic space battles we never see rage across a bunch of star systems).

Breathe some life into the gameplay of the game (ie combat). It's nice that the abilities we possess grant us (and require) a certain level of competence and priority systems do lend themselves to the 'easy to learn, hard to master' grail but once you've got the hang of it there really isn't much in the way of capitalising on opportunities (outside of the occasional aoe pack, but those are their own encounters and (rightly) nearly never a component of core encounters).

Edited by Kynesis

Well, first of all i would like it to be in a new engine and it transitioning players on what would be a true version 2.0 that gives developers the tools they need and the game the performace it requires. Possibly improving graphics aswell.

Thats a tall order, so im not expecting it.

In the realistic realm assuming the technology is there, i would like to see dynamic events in the new planets. What better way to really give the feeling of a war happening than having cosntant battles for the worlds in the surface?

I would like For there to be starship battles in the surface of the planets aswell.

Continuation of the class stories voiced. The side quests may not be voiced, its inconsequential. I thought they were a waste of money because we will just spacebar on filler story. There may be a major planet storyline aswell wich is voice, but really dont waste more resources beyond that.

Pazaak and swoop racing would be grand too.

Dare i hope for new classes?

New warzones.

New operations.

New flashpoints.

New abilities.

New great open looking planets (im thinking in the lines of the last planet on KOTOR. Something really good looking like that). Kashyyk and Manaan would be nice aswell. I'm also up for original planets like Voss.

Opening new high level areas on popular current plants like Tatooine with the new event system.

Oh and PS: Dont kill off all your characters so fast! We need character development to make the fights feel more epic when they do come around.

If the expansion brought all this in i would be beyond me with excitement.

Edited by Nemmar

New class advancements.

They don't need to add new stories or voice acting.

I'm an altoholic and this would seriously revitalize the game and give me a reason to play so much more.

Melee Trooper, like the ones i saw in balmorra or perhaps simply like qyzen.

Combat Consular, a dodge/finesse type warrior.

Technician Smuggler, a tank using advanced technology and barriers.

Mentalist Knight, healing/support with a mix of melee and ranged attacks.

It has been a month now since the Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been released. It is going to be a while until more major content like that will be added, which is understandable. It should take at least 3 more months until we hear anything for even story related content, much more for an expansion.

But what would you want the next one to have? Another level cap raise to, say, 60? New and faster mounts? More companions? Planets to visit such as Dantooine, Mustafar, Yavin, etc? New CLASSES?

What do you want to see in the next expansion?

A new competent dev team that knows what a balanced class system looks like

I want to see some minigames like pazaak. When you finish all of your daylies there is nothing you can do with your 55 main character. I spend lots of time playing 8 ball pool / card games / football managerts or something else in internet. I want to be in SWTOR more often and if they added some minigames would be cool. 687687687687 swtor users want this pazaak minigame , so why BW not made it already. It was available in KOTOR , so whats the problem here?