2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

I wish I could provide you a link as it truly was a life-changing experience watching that thread unfold. I should also add that he didn't post snarky, arrogant retorts or make any attempts to belittle other posters with differing views!

Are you sure you weren't still dreaming or drunk? Serious question.....:confused:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.
Is there any hope we will see chat bubbles in 2.2? If not, which game updated are they currently scheduled for?

Wow, so much fighting in this thread. So much nerd rage.

I'm just pleased that we actually got a date for not one, but two patches. When has that ever happened?

But I'm surprised that nobody has asked whether or not these are going on the PTS at all. With 2.1 coming out in a week, I'm guessing it won't be tested. But then again, I guess most of testing involves actual currency, so maybe it wouldn't really be possible.

Is there any hope we will see chat bubbles in 2.2? If not, which game updated are they currently scheduled for?

Chat bubbles are a no I think.

But I'd settle for raid mob markers that were just numbers 1-8 so people could easily follow a kill order. I hate the symbols.

Cathar are for subscribers, customization kiosk is for subscribers, armor dye is for subscribers, player convenience services are for subscribers.

Its about time they did something for subscribers. I was starting to wonder what's the point. If you want this, maybe you should be one too, if you're not. I think it's just right subs get things...freeloaders are lucky to get what they get. It's not like the subscription is a grand fortune lol.

While a lot of people loved the Rakghoul event (including me), there is a LOT of hate for it too. I brought it up in guild chat and there was just this explosion of "UGH F*ck that event, I hated it". Mostly tied to the fact that people could get randomly infected on the way to an operation/flashpoint and would be stuck convulsing or have to die if they didn't spend credits on the vaccine. I think if they brought it back and want to minimalize the grief, they should send everyone a stack of vaccines in the mail.

While a lot of people loved the Rakghoul event (including me), there is a LOT of hate for it too. I brought it up in guild chat and there was just this explosion of "UGH F*ck that event, I hated it". Mostly tied to the fact that people could get randomly infected on the way to an operation/flashpoint and would be stuck convulsing or have to die if they didn't spend credits on the vaccine. I think if they brought it back and want to minimalize the grief, they should send everyone a stack of vaccines in the mail.

They certainly have to change a few things yes. The effect of the vaccine should persist through death for one, I remember the PvPers being quite annoyed at having to constantly buy and re-apply it as a result of dying in warzones.

The devs should also decide whether or not the "infection mission" is supposed to work on friendlies or not; a lot of people used the justification that "there's a mission to infect other players therefore it is okay for me to infect anyone I want" yet it seems not a single one of them had ever read the mission log as it quite clearly stated opposing players was to be targetted... so either the mission was bugged or a re-design decision was made without updating the mission description before it went live.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?”

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

Thank you for addressing my concerns. Since you took the time to communicate, I happily went to Best Buy and bought cartel coins. It was going to be my Mother's Day present, but then my husband wanted some too. Then he decided we should get some for his mother too.

... without meaning to incur any wrath...

What if they just let us subscribe for $10 a month and get the subscriber benefits, but not the 500 cartel coins each month?

I'm not talking about forcing all subscribers to switch over, just offering a second option.

$15 a month was the basic cost to actually be able to play the game back before F2P. If you didn't pay, you didn't play. Now you don't have to pay to play the game, and subscriptions are for convinience.

I speak only for myself, but to me it feels like a little side-purchase of 500 cartel coins is going on each month, like money from my subscription is paying for the coins. If they are supposed to be a free gift, why are new features being priced so that subscribers can spend their monthly allowance on them?

Anyway, I do plan on buying the Cathar unlock. It'll only be my 3rd cartel market purchase. My cartel coins just sit there, unused because I really don't need them.

I think part of the anger regarding implementation of the name/hair/face/etc. change feature is the implementation mechanism. I personally think it's the kind of feature which should come free with a subscription, but nobody cares what I think anyway. By putting it on the CM though, devs are giving themselves ground to say "well yeah it's free to subscribers" because we get CC, but use is limited unless people buy more CC. Use of these added features also competes with subscribers' ability to access other content being generated for the CM. The take home message is "if you want to access all the content BW is producing, it's going to cost more money" beyond your subscription. When I subscribe to a game, I expect to give a certain amount of money to the company to access what they produce, not to have to fork out more money to buy what they produce. I personally probably won't use it anyway, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to feel like I'm being nickel and dimed after paying my sub.

... without meaning to incur any wrath...

What if they just let us subscribe for $10 a month and get the subscriber benefits, but not the 500 cartel coins each month?

SNIP...

I would do that so fast your head would spin.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

-eric

If HBO gave me a free coupon to watch 10 minutes of the new episode of Game of Thrones, and then charged me $10 above my subscription price to watch the rest of it, then no, that would not be a good thing. Same thing here.

Please stop trying to spin "extra cost" as a benefit to subscribers.

As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

Eric, thank you for the information. Your team has been providing me with some positive surprises lately, which has been very welcome. Actual dates (as they are currently planned)?!? What is this craziness? :) It is excellent to know that you are treating this CM patch as seperate from the 2.2 content patch as it was beginning to look very much as though CM was being mistaken for the content updates we were to receive as part of our subscription. Good to know there is a distinction on the developer side of things.

I still have some concerns over the prices charged for the kiosk, but will wait to see how things come together. Posts like this go a long way in gaining trust, for me. Thank you, you've been very helpful.

If HBO gave me a free coupon to watch 10 minutes of the new episode of Game of Thrones, and then charged me $10 above my subscription price to watch the rest of it, then no, that would not be a good thing. Same thing here.

This is an excellent description of why people are angry.

Oh look the payment model debate for the gazilionth time. As if the industry/game will up and change cos you don't like being nickle and dimmed on the forums.

Anyhoo I'm just popping in to say I like how 2.2. is hot on the heels of 2.1. Good stuff that at least.

The Gree Enclave forgot that the last time they came, they made their Gold armor a Cartel Market ONLY item instead of rewarding those with "Legend" standing...

Except this is nothing like HBO only allowing you to watch the first 10 minutes of Game of Thrones.

A better analogy would be your cell phone provider giving you a $100 gift card every year if you pay bill each month. And you can only use that card to buy items in the store (accessories, a new phone), not pay your bill with. Both the phone company and CM only allow you to spend the money in there store, you can buy extra items for actual cash, or you can wait until you have the "free" money to buy them.

Edited by Sinras

Except this is nothing like HBO only allowing you to watch the first 10 minutes of Game of Thrones.

A better analogy would be your cell phone provider giving you a $100 gift card every year if you pay bill each month. And you can only use that card to buy items in the store (accessories, a new phone), not pay your bill with. Both the phone company and CM only allow you to spend the money in there store, you can buy extra items for actual cash, or you can wait until you have the "free" money to buy them.

better analogy would be getting 500 cartel coins after paying a subscription. "trying to spin 'extra cost' as a benefit to subscribers" still applies.

A better analogy would be paying your monthly cell phone bill of $75 a month, but for the $75, you got unlimited data, text and 1000 minutes as well as all new updates. One day, your cell provider begins offering FREE cell service! The catch is, they are limited to 3 texts a week, wi-fi data only, no updates, but they get the 1000 minutes as well...which happens to be the main reason/activity you do with your phone. Suddenly, paying your $75 a month doesn't seem like such a great deal any longer, especially when FREE users can do almost everything you do.

To give you incentive to keep paying your bill, the cell company sweetens your deal by giving you the $15 gift card each month to spend in-store on whatever accessory you like.

That's what the 500 cartel coins are - incentive! They give a sub more "value" to replace what was taken away going F2P.