2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

Of course you have every right to do that. However, that does not negate the fact that you look like an whining immature kid when you do.

i know your kind and what your are trying to do, so keep trying Troll..

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you have every right to do that. However, that does not negate the fact that you look like an whining immature kid when you do.

/agree

I'm probably done feeding this troll though. Too early in the morning for me to try to handle someone with that low of an intelligence/maturity.

If you continue -- I wish you the best of luck! :rak_03:

/agree

I'm probably done feeding this troll though. Too early in the morning for me to try to handle someone with that low of an intelligence/maturity.

If you continue -- I wish you the best of luck! :rak_03:

we wont miss your face, dont let the door hit you.. :rolleyes:

Edited by saremun

Something that I really want to know but I highly doubt we will get an answer. Was this something that was planned from the beginning?

Not to start anything because we don't know...

I am slightly concerned that this was a knee jerk reaction and they delayed some of what was going to be in 2.2 to make this work.

I hope I am wrong and even if they did but 2.2 is a nice update I wouldnt care. Just throwing it out there if you wanted to respond :rak_03:

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

Does it have to be so soon? Can't we have the previous events come back first. I preferred the Rakghoul one (especially the disease).

Thanks for the roadmap communication goes a long way.

Any word on when the Rakghoul event will resurface? Gree event has been done to death already IMO.

THAT is a good question. We're moving into what, the 3rd Gree Event? I missed the Rakghoul event :-(

I wouldn't be so concerned had we gotten other events in-between the Gree events. . . .but when nothing is changing, even twice is a lot. I'd love to see 1-2 more evens BEFORE the gree event, and see them change the Gree Event almost completely.

Then again -- seems like it may come back in 2.2, so maybe it will have changed? Could we be that lucky? Gosh, I hope so >.<

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

Eric,

I appreciate you taking the time out to respond. I still haven't decided how I feel about 2.1, mostly due to see what all is being added. A big bulk of it has needed to be added for some time. It is literally a when it was going to be done, not a if.

While that is a step in the right direction, a glaring omission is made in that your competitors already do it, and do it better. Star Wars: The Old Republic is not the only MMO I have a current subscription, it is one of three. One is World of Warcraft. On Blizzard's cash store, every mini-pet and mount is account wide, and you don't need to spend anything (beyond buying it) to have it this way. In DC Universe Online, everything (minus consumables) is account wide. Unlike World of Warcraft, I can change my characters look, any time, any where, to any color. I will not speak on how much I have done this, so, please don't ask. All it was free (beyond the initial purchase).

I mention this because Star Wars: The Old Republic is playing catch up. You're adding features much needed & asked for. Problem is, your competition already does (and has since launch in some cases). I understand that Star Wars: The Old Republic hasn't been on the block as long, so, I will give it a free pass. That isn't for ever. At the two year mark, I will evaluate what has been added, and where the game is headed. I love the Star Wars IP a lot. I however, as a consumer love getting a bigger bang for my buck. Either in as a subscriber or the digital fluff stuff I can't help but buy. If you deliver more than the competition, more of my cash will get spent. If not? I will move on. It is not personal. It is business.

Jason R.

Does it have to be so soon? Can't we have the previous events come back first. I preferred the Rakghoul one (especially the disease).

i hope they get it back and remove the ability to remove the Disease :D

Just bear in mind that he stated no new CM features. He didn't mention anything about CM content.

I noticed that. But I am still not convinced we won't get the "new things in 2.2" but they cost such and such coins "because subs get a stipend". 2.1 is completely CM connected. I doubt 2.2 will be completely CM unrelated as 2.1 is connected. Even if the CM department gets stuff ready for 2.2 that at this point in time they thought would come later, BW would be better served to keep that for 2.3 or even a 2.2.1 so they aren't seen as giving us yet another bit of content attached to the CM since nothing in 2.1 is not attached to the CM.

THAT is a good question. We're moving into what, the 3rd Gree Event? I missed the Rakghoul event :-(

I wouldn't be so concerned had we gotten other events in-between the Gree events. . . .but when nothing is changing, even twice is a lot. I'd love to see 1-2 more evens BEFORE the gree event, and see them change the Gree Event almost completely.

Then again -- seems like it may come back in 2.2, so maybe it will have changed? Could we be that lucky? Gosh, I hope so >.<

Actually, I was thinking about this and I expect they won't be revisiting the Rakghoul and Chevin events until the Cathar are released. Since those events let people play lower level characters through them it would make sense to run them when a significant portion of the player base has rolled new characters.

Please consider to add a couple of new flashpoints. The four HM FPs for 55 are getting boring now.

Also with the Gree Event coming back, how does the event benefit those who already maxed out the reputation?

Actually, I was thinking about this and I expect they won't be revisiting the Rakghoul and Chevin events until the Cathar are released. Since those events let people play lower level characters through them it would make sense to run them when a significant portion of the player base has rolled new characters.

Ahh -- I missed both of those events, so I wasn't aware. Seems like a good deal to me!

But, Cathar are coming out next week! They should launch those events next week! :-D

Somewhere. Someone at Bioware said that the Rakghoul and Chevin were originally designed as a one-time event. They have mentioned it coming back but it would need significant re-design to make it happen.

Something that I really want to know but I highly doubt we will get an answer. Was this something that was planned from the beginning?

:

How many times have we been told 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks

When will that get through to people!!!!!

How many times have we been told 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks 8 weeks

When will that get through to people!!!!!

... did you read my posts? I understand that 2.2 is coming 8 weeks after 2.0. BUT i am asking if this was originally planned from the beginning or they were hoping they could get away with 2.1 being 8 weeks from 2.0. Then 8 more weeks for 2.2

That is what I am asking. I am very happy with what they are saying I am just slightly cautiously optimistic that they cut content from 2.2 to make it happen.

Edited by ninjonxb

As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

First... appreciation to Eric for taking time and being open with their unpcoming patch plans.

Let's not complain and heckle him if the dates move around a bit.. eh?

As for all the forum complaining the last week about the sky falling and no more non-cartel content....basically... all the complaining and prophecy from some of the forum members that its only cartel updates from now on is bunk. Another fear and doom prophecy about the game goes down in flames.

Anyone who hates the CCM and wants to ignore it, can just ignore the early then expected 2.1 update (other then the bug fixes it brings) and focus 2.2 that comes about 8 weeks after the big 2.0 patch. Those that have been asking for and waiting in anticipation for the better part of a year for some of the nice features in 2.1 .... it's going to be a nice patch.

Sounds like a win for everyone to me.

Edited by Andryah

So it's safe to say 2.2 will be the Gree. Oh boy, some "new" content. I'm fine with it as long as you bring something interesting with it. (New items maybe). Or on a different planet. But seriously... it's getting old. The story behind it is that the ship goes to different planets to survey and do whatever it does. So why is it always coming back to Ilum? Put it on a different planet >.>

Also, I'd rather they fix the ability delays. ^^ Hopefully that comes in a bug fix for 2.1 or 2.2.

Do you mean beyond the fact they are keeping it within the realms of the monthly allotment of coins for stuff like 2.1, no obviously not.

It's not a problem, I suppose if ONE thing you are highly compelled to use monthly eats your monthly allowance.

It becomes a problem for subscribers when more than one such thing exists. At that point, a subscription becomes incredibly de-valued.

... did you read my posts? I understand that 2.2 is coming 8 weeks after 2.0. BUT i am asking if this was originally planned from the beginning or they were hoping they could get away with 2.1 being 8 weeks from 2.0. Then 8 more weeks for 2.2

That is what I am asking. I am very happy with what they are saying I am just slightly cautiously optimistic that they cut content from 2.2 to make it happen.

They have also numerous times stated that the CM and Content teams are separate why are these conspiracy theories even coming out

Oh yes its because people jump on the band wagon and cant think for them selves and or choose to ignore simple facts and plead ignorance

Edited by Mercia