2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

You say this in the first Paragraph.

Is that why you have priced all the good items more than what our Monthly Grant is?

Plus it is both Good and Bad. Yes we get more things to choose from, which is good. But that means that we just have more things that we can look at in the store but can not afford because our Grant is lower than what you price things at. Which means we have to wait longer to collect the items we want unless we spend even more money on the game. This is especially frustrating when you have multiple Toons.

The problem is that your Prices are just to High. Not just for the Subscribers Grant but for the F2P Players. I know you all want to make money, but charging $10 or more for things like a suit of Armor is outrageous. The best thing you could do is to just lower the prices of the items in the Cartel Market. Lower Prices will generate more Sales. More Sales will compensate for lower Prices and if priced right can also allow for more Profit. You just need to run the numbers so that the price is not to low but still high enough to allow more sales to compensate and give increase in profit. It is all in figuring out he right price.

Sure you will have people that may buy things at your higher prices but they will quickly see how much it is costing them and then they will just stop buying things. In the end you will have a lot less sales. You all need to keep in mind that the real world economy is not the best right now. This causes people to be more aware of the cost of things. So they will notice how much they are spending on your game. All you all guys are doing is Nickel & Diming players. That is not a good thing. Having prices to High and Nickel & Diming players can kill a game faster. People will basically move on to a game that does not cost them and Arm and a Leg. That is how this game is turning out.

What you want to achieve is to have players still willing to spend money on the game on a regular basis. With pricing so high and subscribers grants not worth anything you all are not really hitting this mark for F2P player and Subscribers. People will either not buying anything or buy a few things and see that they can not afford it. Then they will just move on to something else. Hopefully you all will realize thing and improve things.

In the end, it is good that you all are willing to give us more items to choose from. But since they are not price reasonably, it makes it hard to obtain them. Sure we do not purchase anything. That we could just save our money. But that would mean that we would not be experiencing this game to its fullest. We want to experience the game to its fullest and you guys are making hard to do so.

I will say that it is good to see that you mentioned the next patch. That was a good gesture, but it does not help this subject much. Hopefully there will be something in the following patch that we do not have to pay any more money for. :rolleyes:

Don't forget that 2.1 will also include the option to make CM items account wide, thereby possibly reducing the numbers of items bought. That would have an effect on your lower prices equals more sales theory, since some people are likely now buying multiple copies of certain items and will no longer need to do so.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that 2.1 will also include the option to make CM items account wide, thereby possibly reducing the numbers of items bought. That would have an effect on your lower prices equals more sales theory, since some people are likely now buying multiple copies of certain items and will no longer need to do so.

I did not forget about that. All that Feature is going to do is make it a little easier and for players to get the items for there other Toons without having to spend the full price for each of them. Which is good, but it is not enough.

The Prices are still to high even with that. Basically you are still going to have to pay that $10 + dollars for that suit of Armor. That is an outrageous amount to pay for just a suit of Armor. Then a small Fee to unlock it for your Entire Account.

In reality all the items on the Cartel Market should have been unlocked Account Wide from the get go. Especially since you are paying around or over $10 for most of the good stuff.

You know $5 would still be more than what a lot of those Armor Sets are worth, but it definitely would be a more decent price than $10. So if they just cut a lot of those prices in half they would be doing better than what they are doing now. Basically it would be a lot better if they lowered the prices for all everything that is overpriced, which is most of it, then make it so that it is all Account Wide just by purchasing it once. No Extra Fee for the Account Wide Access. That would go a long way to making things better. If they set the Pricing right they can Increase Sales and still make the make the same amount of profit and even more with the increase in sales.

Sadly they just want as much money as possible as soon as possible without caring about the outcome from the overpricing. :(

Look at it this way for Price Comparison:

If we used to pay something like say $39.99 for a Real Expansion worth of Content for an MMORPG; do you really think that paying that same amount of money for Three (3) to barley Four (4) suits of Armor is worth it?

People really need to look at the Price we pay for one good Suit of Armor on the Cartel Market compared to the Value of the Actual Games and Expansions with all thier Content and even the Subscription Fees that we normally pay. It is plain as day that they are Overpricing the Cartel Market Items.

By the way, I know SWTOR's expansion was less than $39.99. That it was $10 to $20 depending if you were a Subscriber or not. In reality you can use it for a compassion as well. Us Subscribers basically paid $10 for Expansion and yet the good Suits of Armor cost more than the what we paid for the RoTHC Expansion, which was only like Half a real Expansion.

I am sorry to go on about this, but I am a little passionate about this subject. I hate seeing people get ripped off. :mad:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

I'd like to believe you Eric but your track record is nothing but lies and inconsistency. Love how you covered your bases with "subject too change" but in reality its "We don't listen too our player base and do what EA tells us. don't like it tough."

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

You and your team are a complete joke. You make poor decisions and can only assume that is translates to how you operate your personal life and family.

Go away.

I for one am not impressed with update 2.1 or the expansion pack for that matter. It seems that with any new content, Bioware is just trying to suck more money from players. The company is like a vampire craving blood in the form of hard cold cash. Isn't it enough that we cough up $14.99 every month? I just lost 600 Cartel Coins believing that I was getting a new species to change to. But the more that I look at the requirements, the more disappointed I became. It is not fair to the subscribers that have hung in there from the launch date. But I guess life isn't supposed to be fair.

Also when is the graphics bug going to be fixed concerning the disappearing act of the Cauruscant taxis?

Reading comprehension ftw :

Cleverness is not your strong suit. We've established that already. Is that about the 600 CC fee to unlock Cathar then the X CC to convert an existing character into a Cathar?

If anyone needs reading comprehension, it's someone who thought the 600 CC unlock included the ability to convert an existing character to a Cathar.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I honestly haven't felt this disappointed in a while by a swtor patch. I felt like I was a kid walking into Chuck E Cheese and looking at all the awesome prizes, but then realizing I only had 10 coins for games in my hand.

Aint that the truth.

• 4 weeks later...
Glad I reserved judgement for that one...

:rolleyes:

Fanboys will say "Cartel Packs are not new features >:o duuh"...

Personally I was looking forward to a patch with no cartel market junk... but the only content we are getting is a bump in Nightmare Mode on two old raids. What's next? Super Rock-death-hard mode for Eternity Vault and Karaggas Palce? I get the feeling they are running out of content... the content-per-6-week model seem to be breaking apart. Oh, sorry, they said content-per-8-week... right?

It's funny too, they boasted about 1.2 being the largest patch in MMORPG history. 2.2 must be the smallest content patch in mmorpg history :p ..

Fanboys will say "Cartel Packs are not new features >:o duuh"...

Personally I was looking forward to a patch with no cartel market junk... but the only content we are getting is a bump in Nightmare Mode on two old raids. What's next? Super Rock-death-hard mode for Eternity Vault and Karaggas Palce? I get the feeling they are running out of content... the content-per-6-week model seem to be breaking apart. Oh, sorry, they said content-per-8-week... right?

It's funny too, they boasted about 1.2 being the largest patch in MMORPG history. 2.2 must be the smallest content patch in mmorpg history :p ..

Fanboys won't say that, intelligent people will.

He said we'd get a new pack, you just don't know how to read.

He confirmed he meant that the patch won't be cartel focused, and would just have the regular pack, that's all.

Fanboys won't say that, intelligent people will.

He said we'd get a new pack, you just don't know how to read.

He confirmed he meant that the patch won't be cartel focused, and would just have the regular pack, that's all.

Where did he say that?

Where did he say that?

He actually did state that it "wouldn't exclude the possibility of seeing a new pack added".

Still, rather disappointing patch this one. The only new stuff is that pack - and no, regardless of what anyone thinks, my personal view is that another difficulty level on an already existing flashpoint/operation doesn't qualify as "New content" in my book. That's just like adding pepper to your salted potato mash and calling it completely new. It's still mash to begin with.

He actually did state that it "wouldn't exclude the possibility of seeing a new pack added".

Still, rather disappointing patch this one. The only new stuff is that pack - and no, regardless of what anyone thinks, my personal view is that another difficulty level on an already existing flashpoint/operation doesn't qualify as "New content" in my book. That's just like adding pepper to your salted potato mash and calling it completely new. It's still mash to begin with.

Ah, so he did. Didn't see his second post in the thread.

I agree with you. What I find most sad of all is that they have two dedicated teams for game content and cartel junk, so they can release these things. I wish they'd have two teams focused on content instead, one for pve and one for pvp, and then make cartel market junk during the Q&A testing of the new content. As a PvPer I feel mighty neglected.

Hey everyone,

Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features…

Good.

Are you crazy??? We are receiving the nightmare mode of terror from beyond. This is more that a simply content :cool:

Still 2.2 is a joke and this will only become a decent update if they add more PvE with 2.2.1, 2.2.2 and so on.

As it is now there is a nightmare mode which will probably be 1 new mechanic for each boss and a new guild bonus and the enxt gear set after only 2 months weeee......

The pack contains more new stuff then the rest of the patch. So even saying that this is a pve patch because it does not focus on the cartel market is wrong.