2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

It's not a problem, I suppose if ONE thing you are highly compelled to use monthly eats your monthly allowance.

It becomes a problem for subscribers when more than one such thing exists. At that point, a subscription becomes incredibly de-valued.

How so, i have this odd ability, im able to save, weird in this day and age i know, i mean i have todo this in tsw, im able todo it in the real world when i want something, i dunno maybe its a rare trait these days.

Edited by Shingara

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... did you read my posts? I understand that 2.2 is coming 8 weeks after 2.0. BUT i am asking if this was originally planned from the beginning or they were hoping they could get away with 2.1 being 8 weeks from 2.0. Then 8 more weeks for 2.2

That is what I am asking. I am very happy with what they are saying I am just slightly cautiously optimistic that they cut content from 2.2 to make it happen.

It's much more likely your are seeing the results of two differnt internal teams (something they have stated they do) working on different segments of the game. Perhaps they intended orginally to combine the content of 2.1 and 2.2 into one large patch at 20. + 8 weeks. Perhaps they split them for marketing effect on the 2.1 much loved and demanded features. Perhaps they had problems with some content and split the patch into two to bring 2.1 features out earlier and give them more time debug what's coming in 2.2.

My point? My point is any of us could sit here and armchair quarterback and create questions and scenarios in our minds all day long. What is the point? Content plans have been shared.. and now we wait for them to unfold.

Edited by Andryah

They have also numerous times stated that the CM and Content teams are separate why are these conspiracy theories even coming out

Oh yes its because people jump on the band wagon and cant think for them selves and or choose to ignore simple facts and plead ignorance

'Merica -- nuff said. You clearly lack reading comprehension.

His only fear is that -- in order to please all of the morons who are complaining about 2.1 being CM-Only -- they are cutting some content OUT of 2.2 in order to release it sooner.

He is not jumping on any bandwagons. Or subscribing to any conspiracy theories. Hell, he isn't even on the same side as all of the whiners in this thread.

Why must you be so combative when you can't even be bothered to read and comprehend someones post?

They have also numerous times stated that the CM and Content teams are separate why are these conspiracy theories even coming out

Oh yes its because people jump on the band wagon and cant think for them selves and or choose to ignore simple facts and plead ignorance

I am not attacking Bioware here. I am not claiming anything. IF you look at my posts history I have not really bashed 2.1

I am asking a simple question that I don't think they will answer. We can talk all day about what they have stated.

The difference is they have never done a .X CM patch.

Again. I am happy with what they are doing. Just a simple question...

The only reason I mention it. I am slightly concerned that becuase they are taking 4 instead of 8 weeks (i understand there are multiple teams so time is different) is 2.2 not going to be as big as originally planned.

Edited by ninjonxb

THAT is a good question. We're moving into what, the 3rd Gree Event? I missed the Rakghoul event :-(

I wouldn't be so concerned had we gotten other events in-between the Gree events. . . .but when nothing is changing, even twice is a lot. I'd love to see 1-2 more evens BEFORE the gree event, and see them change the Gree Event almost completely.

Then again -- seems like it may come back in 2.2, so maybe it will have changed? Could we be that lucky? Gosh, I hope so >.<

Exactly. Is it really an event when it happens for 2 weeks ever month or every other month? It wouldn't be so bad if they kept up that frequency of events but cycled through the 3 they'd done so you only see the same event 2 or 3 times a year at most. Then as they slowly add more vents into that rotation it would get rarer and rarer.

Basically, everyone was crying about CM-only updates in 2.1

Now, we're being told 2.2 will be SOLELY NON-CM updates, and coming out on schedule, with 2.1 basically being an EXTRA update.

And people are still crying about it? Jesus people, grow up. I'm SHOCKED we were given this information as a response to a thread this aggressive -- but am incredibly grateful to hear this from Musco.

Once again -- doomsayers will continue to be mad, because they're most likely wrong. And proven to exaggerate.

Finally someone who makes sense. I agree completely.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

Thank you for the updates

While I understand it is awesome to have this finally coming and I agree that having more options is not a bad thing, while we may not have all the particulars in regards to next's weeks patch. I would also like to point out that having multiple payment options is also not a bad thing.

I thought the way the Legacy system was setup where you could use in game currency in addition to cartel coins was a good thing. Don't get me wrong I can see were the higher customization options require cc's it would be better to allow more diversity on the lower options specifically either in game currency or cc

It's much more likely your are seeing the results of two differnt internal teams (something they have stated they do) working on different segments of the game. Perhaps they intended orginally to combine the content of 2.1 and 2.2 into one large patch at 20. + 8 weeks. Perhaps they split them for marketing effect on the 2.1 much loved and demanded features. Perhaps they had problems with some content and split the patch into two to bring 2.1 features out earlier and give them more time debug what's coming in 2.2.

My point? My point is any of us could sit here and armchair quarterback and create questions and scenarios in our minds all day long. What is the point? Content plans have been shared.. and now we wait for them to unfold.

I think it's a valid question -- considering he works in software development, it isn't quite the arm-chair discussion most others have.

Even from a project management standpoint -- I'd rather see them hold 2.2 back a bit and smush a bunch of content in it.

I think the valid fear is -- could it be possible that they are releasing 2.2 this soon after 2.1 *because* of the complaints people are making? I truly haven't seen this much anger in the forums for a while. My fear is from the "white knight" standpoint -- I don't want others to be complaining that 2.2 wasn't big enough because they didn't wait long enough.

Much more probable that they only recently (in the last day or two) made significant headway on some of the 2.2 features, and are more confident about a release date.

His only fear is that -- in order to please all of the morons who are complaining about 2.1 being CM-Only -- they are cutting some content OUT of 2.2 in order to release it sooner.

He is not jumping on any bandwagons. Or subscribing to any conspiracy theories. Hell, he isn't even on the same side as all of the whiners in this thread.

Why must you be so combative when you can't even be bothered to read and comprehend someones post?

The thing is Kilora.. if they wanted to disarm the complainers... you know the ones who have been saying "oh no... only CCM content... no more non CCM content evar" ... the smart move would be to simply delay 2.1 content and blend it with 2.2 content just to prove them wrong. It would meet their target of 6-8 weeks and it would disarm the coplaints abut CCM only patches.

If anything.. they leaned into the criticisms in the approach they took, because from now on.. the anti-CCM crowd will carry patch 2.1 as their perpetual rallying cry. So clearly.. something else in their planning drove what was announced today by Eric.

Edited by Andryah

Maybe because I'd like some people to know how moronic this community is?

How about you take 5 seconds to STOP complaining about literally EVERYTHING they do. If you cannot find a single thing you enjoy -- why the HELL are you still here?

You're like vegans going into Texas Roadhouse and ************ that they serve things other than vegetables.

While there may be some morons here, they are most certainly not the people you're pointing fingers at.

You have every right to cheerlead for Bioware and champion their every action - but many disagree with you. Insulting them, just for having a differing opinion than yours, doesn't convince anyone of anything other than your maturity level.

Also, just because someone disagrees with the upcoming CM only update, doesn't mean they should quit the game, nor does it imply they hate everything about the game - only a true moron would think such a correlation exists.

And that analogy is backwards - lemme help you out - it's like you defending Texas Roadhouse for having an all veggy night. Veggies are fine, but they're NOT the main attraction and if they told me they weren't serving beef that evening, I'd be very disappointed. That doesn't mean I dislike Texas Roadhouse, nor does it mean I want to give up steak.

Even from a project management standpoint -- I'd rather see them hold 2.2 back a bit and smush a bunch of content in it.

Strictly from a project management standpoint... I'm ambivalent one way or the other. It really does not affect the practice of project management of content releases as far as I am concerned.

What splitting the patches does do is create unique marketing focus. Sure... some people hate the CCM... but really.. most people love what's coming in 2.1 even if they hate the method of aquiring it. From a marketing standpoint... it makes sense.

From a project management standpoint... if they did not plan the two patches as separate endeavors to begin with... separating them with only a week to go before a live patch would make a project manager pull his/her hair out trying to do it and not screw it up. If I was the PM on this and they pulled that with me 7 days from patch.. I would be pushing back hard on management about it.

Edited by Andryah

The thing is Kilora.. if they wanted to disarm the complainers... you know the ones who have been saying "oh no... only CCM content... no more non CCM content evar" ... the smart move would be to simply delay 2.1 content and blend it with 2.2 content just to prove them wrong. It would meet their target of 6-8 weeks and it would disarm the coplaints abut CCM only patches.

If anything.. they leaned into the criticisms in the approach they took, because from now on.. the anti-CCM crowd will carry patch 2.1 as their perpetual rallying cry. So clearly.. something else in their planning drove what was announced today by Eric.

Now that it's not that way, they will be better served to leave anything connected to the CM out of 2.2 and even put it in 2.2.1 or then all the white knights will look like FOOLS again believing BW can actually pull it off.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I would also like to point out that having multiple payment options is also not a bad thing.

Completely separate issue, worthy of it's own topic. This topic was about what's in 2.1. It should not be hijacked over the disagreement with method of purchase IMO.

Now that it's not that way, they will be better served to leave anything connected to the CM out of 2.2 and even put it in 2.2.1 or then all the white knights will look like FOOLS again believing BW can actually pull it off.

There are no white knights. There as just people who disagree with you. Don't raise them to knight status just for that IMO. :)

OIC... you need a perjorative to throw at other people. my mistake. :p

Completely separate issue, worthy of it's own topic. This topic was about what's in 2.1. It should not be hijacked over the disagreement with method of purchase IMO.

have you seen the forums? HIjacking a thread is common place. How many times have you seen a thread hijacked to talk about dual spec, hood toggle, ability delay, etc.

On that note. I love Unicorns. Do you love unicorns? :rak_03:

There are no white knights. There as just people who disagree with you. Don't raise them to knight status just for that IMO. :)

There are no complainers then. There are just people who disagree with you in thinking BW and this game is the Alpha and Omega of MMOs and PERFECT in every way. Don't raise them to complainer status when they want to see the game continue and improve just for that IMO

See how that can go both ways? You start throwing labels earlier in the thread then address the "white knight" label?

Oh, there are white knights. There are absolutely posters on this forum who defend every single aspect of the game, the developers, and EA management while offering exactly zero criticism of the same.

It's not a "lofty" title.

Edited by DarthTHC

Please let us know about server transfers.

There is some German site that stated they are slated for 2.1. Would you please confirm or deny that?

Information about server transfers would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you

There are no complainers then. There are just people who disagree with you in thinking BW and this game is the Alpha and Omega of MMOs and PERFECT in every way. Don't raise them to complainer status when they want to see the game continue and improve just for that IMO

See how that can go both ways? You start throwing labels earlier in the thread then address the "white knight" label?

What did you expect? :p

have you seen the forums? HIjacking a thread is common place. How many times have you seen a thread hijacked to talk about dual spec, hood toggle, ability delay, etc.

Why yes.. I have seen the forums. :)

And yes.. hijacking threads is a meta-game within the forum.. but I still advocate against it IF the reason it is hijacked is to get a point in open and objective discussion.

I do feel the discussion about method of aquiring content is a valid discussion to be had in the forum (even with all the passion and bia it will create, just that it does it and this threads topic a dis-service by trying to blend them together IMO.

Strictly from a project management standpoint... I'm ambivalent one way or the other. It really does not affect the practice of project management of content releases as far as I am concerned.

What splitting the patches does do is create unique marketing focus. Sure... some people hate the CCM... but really.. most people love what's coming in 2.1 even if they hate the method of aquiring it. From a marketing standpoint... it makes sense.

From a project management standpoint... if they did not plan the two patches as separate endeavors to begin with... separating them with only a week to go before a live patch would make a project manager pull his/her hair out trying to do it and not screw it up. If I was the PM on this and they pulled that with me 7 days from patch.. I would be pushing back hard on management about it.

I think i'm just frazzled today and not forming my ideas properly into text.

I more meant -- I assume 2.1 and 2.2 were planned separately from the beginning. But, after seeing the uproar over 2.1, and how particularly angry people were this time.

Do you think the pushed up the deadline on 2.2 to use it as a PR spin to stifle some of the anger?

Don't raise them to complainer status when they want to see the game continue and improve just for that IMO

LOL... yeah.. even though people are in fact complaining. I see.

You don't complain to get a product improved. It does not work with corporations. It would be nice and much simpler for you if it did.. but it does not. You want changes.... you present ideas, discuss them, make a case, establish credibility for consideration.... and then wait and see what comes to pass. Rinse and repeat if needed or desired.

Complaining on the other hand is an emotional method of venting. It servers no purpose but to vent personal steam, sometimes at something, sometimes at somone, sometimes both.

The problem here is that many people are labeled "White Knight" solely for disagreeing with something.

Usually, it's when someone comes in and makes a ridiculous complaint. "I finished all of the content in 2.0 in 1 day. Except I didn't do these quests, or Makeb, or any of the Ops."

THOSE are the people who are whiners. I enjoy people like DarthTHC -- because he doesn't make ridiculous cry-posts about things. It's always from a level-headed perspective.

There are MANY people on these forums that have made criticisms and recommendations in a mature way, and good has actually come out of it. The healing forums Pre-1.3 were LOADED with criticisms and recommendations. I left shortly before 1.3 dropped, and when I came back -- almost all of the recommendations had been taken into consideration, and either added as-is, or re-worked and placed into the game.

Constructive Criticism is always welcome. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who make statements like "There is no Progression at all, this game sucks and couldn't even copy the best of WoW." Really? What benefit is that giving us as a community? Or BioWare as a company?

I think i'm just frazzled today and not forming my ideas properly into text.

I more meant -- I assume 2.1 and 2.2 were planned separately from the beginning. But, after seeing the uproar over 2.1, and how particularly angry people were this time.

Do you think the pushed up the deadline on 2.2 to use it as a PR spin to stifle some of the anger?

Think about it for a second, 2.2 drops the exact same day as E3 starts, i dont think 2.2 was pushed anywhere, This is hickman we are talking about he will do what he wants when he wants and how he wants no matter what the playerbase say, so no amount of uproar on 2.1 would have moved 2.2.

2.2 is strategicly placed for a reason, what that reason is god only knows.

Edited by Shingara