2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

I still don't see how ONE update that's focused on CM tells us that CM becomes the NORM for updates.

I see a cycle. I see content - bug fix - CM - content - bug fix - CM...

A pattern of ONE occurrence is not a pattern.

I was slightly concerned about the pattern precedence this could put into place. . .

But that was completely relieved upon hearing that this CM-focused update isn't even part of the normal 8-week schedule. It's basically just an *extra* update.

If they had clarified it, and said that the ~6-8 week schedule was based on their Content team, and they had a separate ~x-y week schedule for the Cartel team, I'd be incredibly grateful. But, that may also be putting themselves on too much of a promised guideline.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see how ONE update that's focused on CM tells us that CM becomes the NORM for updates.

I see a cycle. I see content - bug fix - CM - content - bug fix - CM...

A pattern of ONE occurrence is not a pattern.

What content that was given to the subs? Where was that? Your cycle example the CM is first not third.

snip

I wish I could take the good sides of both games and mash them together and leave the bad out. Now THAT would be a great MMO.

I've always thought Blizzard, Square Enix, BioWare and a few others should team up together. Make a MASSIVE MMO with the best parts of each.

Unfortunately -- I feel we'd end up with Franken-MMO. A game pieced together with the worst from each, and something that would scar all of us for life.

I was slightly concerned about the pattern precedence this could put into place. . .

But that was completely relieved upon hearing that this CM-focused update isn't even part of the normal 8-week schedule. It's basically just an *extra* update.

If they had clarified it, and said that the ~6-8 week schedule was based on their Content team, and they had a separate ~x-y week schedule for the Cartel team, I'd be incredibly grateful. But, that may also be putting themselves on too much of a promised guideline.

Yes. They can give themselves a couple more weeks for the content team and that will be okay. I would be okay if at the 6-8 week mark, if they are running late due to bugs or whatever, they at least at that time say "Guys, we're running late to work things out but look forward to this, this, and this. And may be a surprise or two but those things aren't ready so can't speak on them yet."

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1.

Ah!!! So, unlike 2.1 which focuses solely on the CM, you meant to say that 2.2 will have some actual "content" with the inevitable CM update...got it.

What content that was given to the subs? Where was that? Your cycle example the CM is first not third.

Uh, does 2.0 not count as content? RotHC wans't content?

1.7 wasn't content?

Since I've rejoined the game, it's been (at least, major updates):

1.7 -- Content

2.0 -- MAJOR bug fixes and content

RotHC(w/ 2.0) -- MAJOR content addition

2.1 -- CM-focused update

2.2 -- Non-Cm-Focused Content update

Hey everyone,

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.”

NO NO NO NO NO! :mad:

Our concern is that subscribers are being nickle and dimed and not receiving full access to the game.

Edited by Jhericho

Why are so many people asking for old events?

Here's a novel idea, make a new one. Don't keep asking for old events like it would so awesome to do the same things over and over. We should be asking for new events not pleading for things that have already been done.

Because that's a norm. and achievements are tied to them; it's easier to add new rewards to older events, or add a spin on the basic concept of them, etc.?

Sorry for asking this, but is TOR your first? Because, as I stated this is a norm in the MMO world to repeat an event yearly, or by X timeframe.

Hell the Gree Event is coming back within a month even.

Why are so many people asking for old events?

Here's a novel idea, make a new one. Don't keep asking for old events like it would so awesome to do the same things over and over. We should be asking for new events not pleading for things that have already been done.

If we're being told we are getting a recycled event it makes more sense to ask for something that has existed than something that has not. They don't have the tech to change the past and add new events to it as far I can tell. I'd love to see new events too; based on the two I've experienced thus far (Rakghoul and Gree) they make good ones. But if I'm being told one of them is making another appearance I'm going to accept that rather than demand something new in its place.

1.7 wasn't content?

1.7 -- Content

2.1 -- CM-focused update

Everyone of those updates had massive CM additions. I think he's mainly looking at solely content based.

Everyone of those updates had massive CM additions. I think he's mainly looking at solely content based.

I don't understand why.

Put as much CM additions in as you want! So long as I get non-CM additions of a reasonable size, I'm a happy camper.

I can't see being mad at them for adding CM stuff in addition to other stuff. When it takes the place of content, there is an issue. And if they don't figure out how to better value their subscribers, I won't blame people for leaving.

Ooh! Can you name one "downside" to swtor?

I can name a long list of them.

I make comments about a downside, or somthing I feel they need to do, rather regularly in this forum. It's not my fault people ignore them and attack my optimism instead.

Since I've rejoined the game.....

1.7 -- Content

2.1 -- CM-focused update

I find your ferocity in defending them ironic, given you quit playing.

2.2 will also be a CM inclusive update - stop spreading lies.

I can name a long list of them.

I make comments about a downside, or somthing I feel they need to do, rather regularly in this forum. It's not my fault people ignore them and attack my optimism instead.

They must be in threads I never visit. Care to PM me a link one such post? Just for grins? :p

Two comments:

1) your use of the term "massive" is hypebolic IMO.... it's an exaggeration to make a point, rather then being in any way factual.

2) even if we go with your use of the term.. the inclusion of CM content (which can be largely ignored or aquired via CM, depending on player preference) in no way makes non CM content invisible or non-existent. The two sets of content actully coexist within the game.

Edited by Andryah

I find your ferocity in defending them ironic, given you quit playing.

2.2 will also be a CM inclusive update - stop spreading lies.

Gosh, what the heck have I done to make you such a rabid hate-filled person?

Maybe you should read the post I made after that. . . and maybe stop attacking people on a personal level?

I didn't say 2.2 would be content-exclusive. I said it WILL NOT BE CM-FOCUSED.

Wanna call me a liar? Please, feel free to call Musco a liar for it. That's where we get the information from.

1.7 wasn't content?

1.7 -- Content

2.1 -- CM-focused update

Okay, let me rephrase it because you got me there. I left out an important word in what I said and I meant. So I am not saying you are wrong. I messed up. I think by now you might get an idea what important word I missed. lol

I meant (and I am stressing it so you know I am not disputing anything you just did because it was my bad) FREE TO SUBS content update.

Again, Kilora, because I messed up in leaving out a very important word, you got me. I'll man up and admit it. Fair?

I don't understand why.

Put as much CM additions in as you want! So long as I get non-CM additions of a reasonable size, I'm a happy camper.

I can't see being mad at them for adding CM stuff in addition to other stuff. When it takes the place of content, there is an issue. And if they don't figure out how to better value their subscribers, I won't blame people for leaving.

We're valued. They give us a little over $5 worth of gameplay (er, cartel coins) for our $15 monthly subscription!

Okay, let me rephrase it because you got me there. I left out an important word in what I said and I meant. So I am not saying you are wrong. I messed up. I think by now you might get an idea what important word I missed. lol

I meant (and I am stressing it so you know I am not disputing anything you just did because it was my bad) FREE TO SUBS content update.

Again, Kilora, because I messed up in leaving out a very important word, you got me. I'll man up and admit it. Fair?

I wasn't trying to be rude -- I'm literally not functioning as well as normal today, and did mistake the meaning of the post.

Even so, though -- 1.7, 2.0 -- both free.

RotHC wasn't, although it was an expac. Would've been nicer to have it free, but that's a different argument.

2.1 will be mostly CM, so not free at all.

2.2 sounds to be mostly non-CM. Meaning, of course they'll add in a new pack or something, but the focus is on free content.

I don't think it needs to be all or nothing -- the two can co-exist peacefully. They just need to balance really well on that tightrope, because it is a fine, fine line.

I don't want to see CM updates take the place of actual content -- and I don't want to see significantly more CM stuff than actual content. Keeping in mind, however, that most CM stuff is much easier and faster to produce than actual content. Especially when so much is re-skinned.

I think we agree more than it appears -- I'm just more optimistic. Although, I am being jaded soon. As I said in another thread, "I'm an optimistic person. But -- EA just pisses in my cup way too much. Sure, the cup is now full -- but it's full 'o piss!"