2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

i have the right to say whatever i want whether you like it or not so shut up troll..

No you don't. These forums are owned by bw they make the rules on what is allowed to be said on them. Freedom of speach is only allowed to a point. You have no right to anything I'm affraid. You can say all the names you want.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point, since you seem to be unable to grasp it, is that pre-F2P games with barbershops that took in-game gold would have had to change the mechanic to store currency. TOR does not have to change anything because there never was a barbershop. And why should they provide "free" with a subscription something they know people will pay for and cost some amount of development resources to implement?

What you're really complaining about is that you're not getting more for your money. As I've said many times, companies don't give more value for the money just because some customers ask for it. You want BWEA's attention? Cancel your sub and tell them why. Enough people do that, they'll rethink whatever it was that made people unsub.

The only fee option I see for Rift is Rift Lite. What is Rift Lite? Are you sure Aion is now F2P? I don't see anything shouting "Play for free!" on the web site. Global Agenda looks like it's free. Was it formerly sub-only?

Hi there. Not wanting to argue, just pointing out that Aion is f2p now, well at least here in NA,it's 100% free to play. No subs. ^^

Yep....Alec. this one is a disappointment. All this new stuff & 20 dye packs is all that subs are going to get without spending their CC "grant".

It's really looking more and more like "preferred" status is the new way to play.

You guys do know that a content patch will be released within a month of 2.1! That was posted in this post by a dev! Considering Makeb is just a month or so old, this keeps the Bioware team on schedule even with the additional customization update.

Personally - I think we're getting plenty for the fluff patch. Probably a lot more than people raging realize.

Its easy to simply recolor armor sets or attach a light to a gun or even put out a new color for your lightsaber. If thats all this patch was doing I could see why people would be angry since that's not really much of a patch - and certainly not worth more cartel coins from subscribers.

But they are adding an entirely new race, which if you've noticed they've done a lot to try and showcase the different looks you'll be able to do with the cathar's by having a lot of different designs for the npc's in Makeb. Pre-Makeb almost all of the cathars looked the same, save for Jorgan.

While the cathar race has been in the game since launch, I'm sure 90% of the customization you'll be able to do FOR the cathar, has not been. They also said that the cathar would only cost 1 month's worth of cartel coins - which - lets be honest, isn't that much, considering its something you'll be able to use over and over again (I know most people pay a hell of a lot more for a a single use item bound to only 1 character.). I'm sure the kiosk will bring more unique designs - maybe specific to certain races and maybe the same across the board - only time will tell, but those are new models that they would have to implement as well.

The dyes well ... lets be honest thats exciting - not even WoW has implemented that - and people have been asking for that for YEARS. This patch doesn't have a lot of backbone in terms of game-changing new content like new quests or warzones, however the 'fluff' they are adding is more intensive than simply saying 'Here's the same BH armor model thats in green, blue, yellow and orange - but now - its in purple!'

Plus - adding dyes to the game means that it would be a waste for them to simply rehash armor models, so they'll probably be forced to create new armor sets or -gasp- be able to focus on new content! Very exciting I know.

But if it still makes you unhappy - look at the bright side. At least you won't have to pay like $30 to change your name - or to change your race because I mean.. who would do that amirite? :rolleyes:

Well put! :)

Hi there. Not wanting to argue, just pointing out that Aion is f2p now, well at least here in NA,it's 100% free to play. No subs. ^^

I looked at their web site and was surprised to see nothing screaming "Play for free!" Is it F2P/store purchase-based now (like I believe the way Neverwinter works), or does it have a subscription option? IOW, does it work more or less like TOR?

I am ok with new stuff in june. I got tons of RL stuff to do anyway in may :tran_cool:

For real. Some people act like they never leave their damn computer. Sometimes I like taking a nice week long break from SWTOR and doing other things. When I sit back down behind my computer I've got tons to do and I haven't worn it out.

I never quite understood the "grind all day never leave the computer" mentality.

I looked at their web site and was surprised to see nothing screaming "Play for free!" Is it F2P/store purchase-based now (like I believe the way Neverwinter works), or does it have a subscription option? IOW, does it work more or less like TOR?

It's entirely free to play and download.It's actually not to bad, I'm just a little worn out on the sword and sorcery stuff.Yes it does got a cash shop, but most of it is cosmetic. Now I will say that the do have enhance + modifier's for sell, but they really don't seem to add to much to the chance of enhancing your stuff(well..last time I was on I should say.).And the usual stuff you expect to buy like bank space and bag space from cash shop is not present, in other words you can unlock that stuff with in game credits. ^^

I can't remember the exact date but it was last year it went free to play.

And this makes BWEA different from the way they were before F2P? Or different from every other for-profit company in the universe?

I guess I lack your intuitive MMO connection.. So what does you crystal ball tell you is next?

It's easy to predict the future after it's passed. Just ask Nostradamus enthusiasts.

I can make two predictions with a 100% guarantee of being correct...

There is no Super Secret Space Project and there never was.

Whatever they do, Andryah will enthusiastically support it.

There is no Super Secret Space Project and there never was.

So what about what they said in that

:

(DH chat transcript)

Q: How is the super space project doing? Does it exist?

Schubert: Oh, it exists.

Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon.

Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

Edited by Shoogli

So what about what they said in that
:

They could simply _not_ ever bring it live. It wouldn't be the first time in TOR that something was promissed and then not delivered. Wouldn't even be the 10th, or 20th...

F2P caused many plans for this game to change. Who's to say that somehting else in the future won't derail the SSSP? Anything not already committed to has the potential to never happen. We really need to stop looking ahead to anything that is not officially committed to by the development team.

Edited by Jaing

Just a character rename thats lame!!! Legacy name renames would be nice since I regret mine. Did not know that EVERY character would share that same surname which does not make sense at ALL!!!! Like your Rival is going to have the same last name as you. The Legacy name and tree thing wasnt very well thought out. For instance my main Is a Jedi Guardian based after an actual Jedi Guardian of the same name that I played in the tabletop star wars game. Ikaze Kazash his nemesis is his half brother a zabrak sith named Silus Kazash that would work for him but i want a smuggler character thats a scoundrel. Named him Lenard(Leonard was taken) and would like his surname to be Mccoy lol unfortunately it would have to be kazash or My other toons would be Mccoy which they are because thats my Legacy name. A guildie and I decided to be the hatfields n mccoys lmao. It still doesnt work especially since that guildie left the game. I never understood the legacy name being for every toon you roll its stupid. I have no problem subbing i have since launch i just dont like having to get things via the cartel market that i should get through paying for a sub. Cartel market should be for appearance,armor sets,consumables frills and bonus things not actual content. Like Cathar race we were told duing E3 when they first announced the ROTHC expansion that cathar would be part of that. It wasnt now its part the cartel market. Im bummed now because I spent my cartel points for this month thinking the 2.1 update would be at the least 1-2 months off to my behest i find out its going live on the 14th...ugh!!! I know this post is not grammatically correct sue me. I just think things need to be better implemented.

^ I don't usually read big walls of text like that, but this time I did. Because I was also really looking forward to renaming my legacy. But I guess I should have known that believing when bioware says that something good is actually going to happen was stupid in the first place.

theres never anything for subscribers!

all we get is:

ability to post on forums

and

500 CC per month

theres something wrong with £10 a month sub for just that...

If you think that is all you get -- why not drop the sub? You can buy 1050 CC for $10 USD. Or, 450 CC for $5 USD.

Or, ignore the CC stuff and play for free! Because, really, subs don't get anything. Right?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:

• Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

You say this in the first Paragraph.

As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

Is that why you have priced all the good items more than what our Monthly Grant is?

Plus it is both Good and Bad. Yes we get more things to choose from, which is good. But that means that we just have more things that we can look at in the store but can not afford because our Grant is lower than what you price things at. Which means we have to wait longer to collect the items we want unless we spend even more money on the game. This is especially frustrating when you have multiple Toons.

The problem is that your Prices are just to High. Not just for the Subscribers Grant but for the F2P Players. I know you all want to make money, but charging $10 or more for things like a suit of Armor is outrageous. The best thing you could do is to just lower the prices of the items in the Cartel Market. Lower Prices will generate more Sales. More Sales will compensate for lower Prices and if priced right can also allow for more Profit. You just need to run the numbers so that the price is not to low but still high enough to allow more sales to compensate and give increase in profit. It is all in figuring out he right price.

Sure you will have people that may buy things at your higher prices but they will quickly see how much it is costing them and then they will just stop buying things. In the end you will have a lot less sales. You all need to keep in mind that the real world economy is not the best right now. This causes people to be more aware of the cost of things. So they will notice how much they are spending on your game. All you all guys are doing is Nickel & Diming players. That is not a good thing. Having prices to High and Nickel & Diming players can kill a game faster. People will basically move on to a game that does not cost them and Arm and a Leg. That is how this game is turning out.

What you want to achieve is to have players still willing to spend money on the game on a regular basis. With pricing so high and subscribers grants not worth anything you all are not really hitting this mark for F2P player and Subscribers. People will either not buying anything or buy a few things and see that they can not afford it. Then they will just move on to something else. Hopefully you all will realize thing and improve things.

In the end, it is good that you all are willing to give us more items to choose from. But since they are not price reasonably, it makes it hard to obtain them. Sure we do not purchase anything. That we could just save our money. But that would mean that we would not be experiencing this game to its fullest. We want to experience the game to its fullest and you guys are making hard to do so.

I will say that it is good to see that you mentioned the next patch. That was a good gesture, but it does not help this subject much. Hopefully there will be something in the following patch that we do not have to pay any more money for. :rolleyes: