The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

In short, they were post-truth people ?

This is the kind of self-proclaimed elitists that I fear. Burning through many people without seeing their own flaws.

What was that saying from the Bible ? Some peopple do not see their own piece of wood on their forehead ... ( Matthew 7,3 EU, "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" - According to Wikipedia )

I had an idiot like that in the first FP tonight, Czerka Core Meltdown. Yes, the Sorcerers were being absolute tools but the very fact I was able to keep myself up on that boss for a while, almost took it down with two people... the problem is some FPs are just too difficult for a level 15 Assassin which was why he wiped so quickly and why I, a Marauder was able to keep myself up in as a stand-in tank by aggro default.

So I left, I'd more than tried- so jump into Battle of Ilum and have one of the Sorcerers join in, after a rough start we lose one person, bring out companion- no more wipes despite me lagging into server select screen once. Sorcerer just seems to spam certain moves and Juggernaut and I basically make our way through, and we get them disconnect during the fight with Commander Folek, draw out another companion afterwards and finish the flashpoint.

I don't mind people learning but I do mind smart mouthed jerks who rant about my teammates while they're just as much the problem.

These are the types I really hate, the "I read it so I know it" type. It would be like me saying "yeah I completed NiM ops, why don't I have the achievement? well I didn't play it but I watched a video of someone doing it on youtube". or "yeah I did bh in blue 172's, because I watched it on youtube."

This is the attitude I expect when certain posters continuously flex by posting those videos in order to shame less experienced players. Then the less experienced players take to GF to mimic what they see on youtube and it causes most of the stories in this thread to write themselves. I get in some sense that their goal is to illustrate ever so helpfully how this game can be cleared with no gear *by experienced people who know each other that have run content dozens and dozens and dozens of times but they do not have that intended effect.

Bad gear? Well, someone did it naked so I don't have to worry about my gear, especially when playing with complete strangers.

Stupid "strategies"? Well, it's not the correct way, but we managed to do it one time with extreme luck, so it'll happen like that every time, no matter the rest of the group composition. Why should I learn to do it properly?

Overall bad play? Well, I watched this fight on youtube and they cleared it easily. The problem here must be you other three, because I'm doing it perfectly *imagining myself as the heroic youtuber

Well, YouTube videos might be a case for themselves.

Yesterday I was in a group trying to get an Dark-vs-Light boss down. Half or even most of us didn't know him.

The comrade of the leader said he was watching an YouTube video about this boss, and that he didn't see special mechanics.

It turned out for us - I can't say who knew him, but my guess is that most didn't - the boss was hitting harder than expected - for us - and we weren't prepared for his "force choking to death". That made each one of us getting killed 2-4 times, I think. Me 3 times.

Since yesterday, I've come to believe that mwatching videos isn't the best thing, because FP & OP veterans might neglect things ("curse of knowledge" -> wikipedia) Newbies need to know.

In the end, fighting against him was like fighting against a WB - a thing we hadn't expected. I think that most of us had believed that he was rather a "minor boss", but that's my subjective impression.

( He was in Justicar territory - I forgot his name, was something beginning with an "e". )

Since yesterday, I've come to believe that mwatching videos isn't the best thing, because FP & OP veterans might neglect things ("curse of knowledge" -> wikipedia) Newbies need to know.

Xander and EN-4C

Everyone, I repeat, everyone says kill Xander first. Not just veteran players.

Yet today in my solo run I had to trap the droid and kill if before Xander. Exactly like the fight is supposed to be done.

Why not the quick way? Unfortunately it wasn't available for me and fight would have been way too annoying the wrong way.

Edited by Halinalle

I agree : Everyone says : Kill Xander first. I'm even guilty of that. :D ( "In a land filled with blind ones, the one-eyed one is king", or as the saying goes ... I once had to guide a rather Newbie group through that FP ... I'm talking about SM, not HM. ) Edited by AlrikFassbauer

False Emperor where bossy Shadow decided to do something really unusual with prototype units.

What's the point in this? "Run down the stairs when adds spawn" aka "I don't know how to do the mechanic here" but in False Emperor?

Edited by Halinalle

Yesterday I was doing my very first FP after 5.0 came - Hammerstation. As a Balance Sage, I had to heal and a few times revive others from the group, despite Kolto Stations being there. The biggest problem was that level 21 jedi tank ( who gained 2 levels within that FP ), not the other 2 Commandos ( I forgot which levels they had ).

After the FP, with the talk to the hologram of Satele, I noticed that our Jedi tank had the same voice as my Sage ... ouch ! I never inspected him, I just assumed that ... if he carried a lightsabre and was in most times the first to engage in a fight, then he would be a tank. :D He was wearing armor that didn't show what class he was ( probably CM armor ).

...I noticed that our Jedi tank had the same voice as my Sage ... ouch ! I never inspected him, I just assumed that ....

Umm, and what is weird about that? He could have been a shadow tank (same base class as sage, so same voice, same story...). Or he didn't have to be tank specced at all, because you are clearly talking about role neutral tactical flashpoint.

Also, you don't really have to inspect anyone to see their class, or have to figure it out from the armor styling.

Ah, yes, he could have been a shadow as well ... Only without a double blade ...

Sorry, but as long as there are no major wipes I'm happy in just going on, sometimes even dragging Newbies through that :D and dont inspect characters.

I only inspect if there are some bigger problems going on.

But I could heal & revive him a few times, and we had no wipe, so I wasn't worried that much.

Yes, I'm much more forgiving than The Emperor. :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I was the weird one in this case...

Helping my friend level on my 70 slinger, tactical taral pops. My friend is on shadow dps, and another slinger and sent join us. So we start this fp, and the sent starts trolling us by pulling multiple mobs and such repeatedly. Eventually we have to click on a console, and he just goes afk without a word. Ten minutes later, I've had enough. I initiate a vote kick, friend confirms. Then the slinger gets kicked because I clicked on his name by mistake rather than the sent. :o

Felt sort of bad so I mailed the slinger 100k.. but yeah. Don't pve when you're tired I guess.

Edited by Jake_Chambers

This is the kind of self-proclaimed elitists that I fear. Burning through many people without seeing their own flaws.

And this is what I always tell you Alrik: These elitists you complain about mostly aren't good players. Most of them aren't even decent.

This is the attitude I expect when certain posters continuously flex by posting those videos in order to shame less experienced players. Then the less experienced players take to GF to mimic what they see on youtube and it causes most of the stories in this thread to write themselves. I get in some sense that their goal is to illustrate ever so helpfully how this game can be cleared with no gear *by experienced people who know each other that have run content dozens and dozens and dozens of times but they do not have that intended effect.

The point isn't to shame players. It's to show them they're not as good as they think(which in itself isn't a bad thing) and that it's not the game that is too hard. I mean, when someone comes here to the forum and starts yelling that you absolutely need 224 gear for anything(back in 4.0), then no, you doesn't.

And I'm the first to admit that some bosses are way harder than others. So what? It's called HM for a reason.

long time reader, first time poster.

so I'm running through tacticals on my newish commando healer, because I figure I owe it to other people i get grouped with to have some good practise of different healing situations before i go into HM's. side note, mando/merc heals are so much more fun than op/scound heals.

maelstrom prison pops, and its 3 dps and i; a 70 shadow, 50 sent, 70 commando and myself. as with all tacts it should be a breeze if people are semi-competent. the first half of this FP was super interesting.

we get through the first boss, and are on our way to mr lazer eyes, when the commando pikes up and says "there's 2 people in this group with taunts why am i getting all the aggro and damage???" i point out that no one has queued as a tank, so unless its really needed - which it wasn't - then there was no need for them to throw out random taunts. i also mention that they didn't have to accept the pop if they weren't willing to facetank.

silence. oh by the way, this commando was using his reflect-absorb-heal God bubble at 70%!!!

we get to the second boss and our 2 jedi drop dead pretty quick, i rez the shadow but he goes down almost as soon as he gets up ( he may have been going to stealth rez other guy or hit kolto I'm not sure). so its just the dps-not-tank-EVER mando and i up to take him down. i thought to myself, it may take a while, but this guy is easy enough to chip away at.

surely enough we down him and i say to the mando "see, you can face tank just fine" to which they reply "yeah and it sucks" as if face tanking changes anything in your rotation?? (save the odd dcd if needed, which again, they really weren't). so i figure the rest of the FP may drag on a little, but clearly we'll be alright.

we arrive at the darth with the goat voice acting - new to pub side so names elude me here - and i notice that the mando is not with us, lagging behind i assumed. but no, our friend the mando has gone back to the fleet! without a word, then proceeds to drop group and throw me on ignore... anyway, we reque, get a 19 sent and the rest of the FP is a cakewalk.

now ive had plenty of frustrating groups before, but this one just struck me as odd, like seriously, if you're not willing to facetank a TACTICAL as a dps (that is more than capable of doing so) then please don't take pops without a tank, and if you do, don't have a go at the other dps's for not pulling aggro off of you when there is absolutely no reason to.

I was just in a Hard Mode Czerka Corporate Labs as a healer.

At first, it seemed like it was going to be a good run when I saw the tank guard one of the dps right off the bat. Gave me a warm and fuzzy. We did some trash, everything seemed to be going okay.

Then we made it to the Eradicator Droid. The group followed the mechanics decently (not that they're complex or anything). The dps were a bit slow on picking up the adds, but we managed. However, the fight seemed to drag on longer than I remembered.

Then we hit enrage. Whoa.

I tabbed onto the boss to check his HP and saw he had 53% HP left. :eek:

I successfully kept everyone alive for another 3-4 minutes during the enrage. Eventually, I got force drained and we wiped. After which I commented that we just didn't have the DPS to run this flashpoint and politely recused myself.

Ouch. 53%? Really?

Edited by Khevar

My Sorc on JC managed to put together a PUG for SnV last night. I noticed that DPS was a little slow on Dashroode, but tried not to worry. Yet Titan 6 launched 5 times...when he should have launched maybe 3.

I have no idea why the DPS was so low. It's not like people were spamming basic attacks(I was healing so I can see procs by people's names).

So about half the group left, and the rest went back to the fleet. I spent about 30 minutes asking for people. It was not late at night, I should note. No response, and my messages in my guild's chat fell on deaf ears.

Not sure if JC is full of people who hate the SnV op, if I have bad luck, or if the devs' fault. I'll blame the devs. :p

My Sorc on JC managed to put together a PUG for SnV last night. I noticed that DPS was a little slow on Dashroode, but tried not to worry. Yet Titan 6 launched 5 times...when he should have launched maybe 3.

I have no idea why the DPS was so low. It's not like people were spamming basic attacks(I was healing so I can see procs by people's names).

So about half the group left, and the rest went back to the fleet. I spent about 30 minutes asking for people. It was not late at night, I should note. No response, and my messages in my guild's chat fell on deaf ears.

Not sure if JC is full of people who hate the SnV op, if I have bad luck, or if the devs' fault. I'll blame the devs. :p

The reason why is because SnV takes forever if you do not speed run it with zero wipes. There are what? Seven bosses in SnV? I've had runs last 3 hours of just wipes, explanations and yelling. I had a fun yesterday on EB that lasts just under an hour and a half with zero wipes Andy i had to book after Olak the Shadow.

It takes time that's why everyone hates it.

So, the other day I was on my Chiss Guardian which I've not played this new patch. Her spec has always been Tank, but like I said since I've not played her since 5.0's changes I'm a bit rusty. Not to mention, I say it all the time how much I hate "tacticals" where you supposedly don't need a healer... except often times you really do. So, I get Assault on Tython and am following the party leader. As the tank I Force Leap to the enemy when we are near and then get called a noob for pulling before the rest of the party was ready. Kay. Well, with no healer and me having all the aggro (not to mention as I said, I'm a bit rusty) I get killed and the rest of the party does too. When we respawn, I start to mention we should go slow but then figure that's probably a bad idea when they're already obviously in a hurry because they're already past the trash (without killing any of it) to the next objective.

Now, I've never been good at sneaking around avoiding fights in flashpoints, I'll be the first to admit that. So, I accidentally didn't get far enough away and aggroed one of the guys. They immediately say "What kind of idiot are you?" and initate a vote kick, no reason given. I clicked "Confirm" and just kicked myself, not even giving them the chance. I also then put all three of them on my ignore list.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

So, the other day I was on my Chiss Guardian which I've not played this new patch. Her spec has always been Tank, but like I said since I've not played her since 5.0's changes I'm a bit rusty. Not to mention, I say it all the time how much I hate "tacticals" where you supposedly don't need a healer... except often times you really do. So, I get Assault on Tython and am following the party leader. As the tank I Force Leap to the enemy when we are near and then get called a noob for pulling before the rest of the party was ready. Kay. Well, with no healer and me having all the aggro (not to mention as I said, I'm a bit rusty) I get killed and the rest of the party does too. When we respawn, I start to mention we should go slow but then figure that's probably a bad idea when they're already obviously in a hurry because they're already past the trash (without killing any of it) to the next objective.

Now, I've never been good at sneaking around avoiding fights in flashpoints, I'll be the first to admit that. So, I accidentally didn't get far enough away and aggroed one of the guys. They immediately say "What kind of idiot are you?" and initate a vote kick, no reason given. I clicked "Confirm" and just kicked myself, not even giving them the chance. I also then put all three of them on my ignore list.

5.0 is yet again full of rehashed ****. Never be suprised that people expect you to do the FPs perfect and know ever mob to skip and have a flawless run.

Peoples patience have pretty much run out. I know i start cursing in teamspeak if someone in the random fps i am in are not spacebarring. But this comes from someone who has been playing since the begining

5.0 is yet again full of rehashed ****. Never be suprised that people expect you to do the FPs perfect and know ever mob to skip and have a flawless run.

Peoples patience have pretty much run out. I know i start cursing in teamspeak if someone in the random fps i am in are not spacebarring. But this comes from someone who has been playing since the begining

Spacebarring is a totally different matter. Now that we have solo FP, you are expected to go watch cutscenes there. Not in tactical, let alone HM.

Then we hit enrage. Whoa.

I don't even remember him enraging. Impressive.

Spacebarring is a totally different matter. Now that we have solo FP, you are expected to go watch cutscenes there. Not in tactical, let alone HM.

Lol, I recently ( I think it was my very first FP after 5.0 ) found that 2 group membery wanted to "skip" the dark / light dialog that comes after beating that Mandalorian in Hammerstation ... I mean, what's there to skip ? You get DL points from that ! ( And I think Social Points, too ? )

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Lol, I recently ( I think it was my very first FP after 5.0 ) found that 2 group membery wanted to "skip" the dark / light dialog that comes after beating that Mandalorian in Hammerstation ... I mean, what's there to skip ? You get DL points from that ! ( And I think Social Points, too ? )

They obviously meant spacebaring the text introducing the decission, not avoiding the whole conversation. That wouldn't even be possible.

Tbh, someone looking to replace half a pug team at the 2nd boss of an operation rings a lot of alarm bell lol, since it pretty much mean "run that fell apart because some people are just hopeless and single handily wipe an SM raid" and you suppose the "bads" that caused the wipe are happily unware of their status of group wiper and still in waiting for more lamb to the slaughter.

I left such a group I think it was toward the end of 4.0.

I realized quickly on Dashroode there was a massive dps issue, even tough I was pulling enough numbers to carry at least one very bad or 2 lows (had starparse on), pulling around 6.5k (again, 4.0)

Then Titan 6 jumped 5 times and enraged. I requested the DPS join me on my starparse to see where the problem was, as I had no interest in wiping for the next 2-3 hours. They refused, I left. I put together a group of guildies half and hour later, we cleared it (maybe an hour and a half), and an hour after the clear, I checked who was on Darvanis, just for lol, and sure enough, they were still at it.

Edited by verfallen

Seems 5.0 has brought a new problem, back seat tanks.

Got a pop for HM boarding party with my jugg tank. My jugg still has some old 216/220 gear with 208 augments and some crappy blue or even green 230's from command crates. The group I join has a sorc dps with 9 pieces of 242 gear and 5 pieces of 240 fully augmented with rank 10 purples. The merc dps is similar but has 11 pieces of 242 and 3 of 240. Healer was probably newly 70 because, like me, had old 65 gear.

I put guard on the merc, they tell me to put it on healer. I don't bother answering. We clear trash to the first boss and I notice both dps have gold fever, and the sorc keeps pulling before me. This leaves me running around grabbing aggro on the little stuff while I let the dps face-tank the golds.

That shouldn't be an issue right? These people are massively overgeared and its their own fault they are tanking golds because they don't follow kill order. Turns out it is an issue to the sorc (who gets the aggro because merc has guard). They keep complaining about being hit and I keep replying with "its easier for me to control aggro if you follow kill order."

Get to first boss, sorc rips aggro, I taunt back, merc rips aggro, I aoe taunt back, sorc rips aggro, I taunt back, sorc rips aggro soon after and I have 2 seconds cd left on my taunt. In 2 seconds the sorc went from 100% to 22% (didn't help they ran into lightning). After the fight the sorc complains again about aggro. I tell them to aggro dump.

sorc: "I don't have it bound"

me: "so you come into a mission for people with 200 gear in full 240, don't bind your aggro dump and pull before the tank, then complain about getting hit?"

sorc: "lol look at the weekly"

me: "what?"

sorc: "you clearly don't run fp's often, they aren't for 200 gear, you need at least 240 to beat them"

me: "perhaps you do, that's because you are crap, any half decent player can easily do them with bolster stats"

I then set a fast pace to the next boss, sorc complains they keep having to spam force speed to keep up. I love the "ending combat finishes cd on enrage, force charge and sabre throw" ability. That combined with mad dash makes for good tanking, plus the op jugg dcd's mean healer spends most of their time dealing damage, granted they are doing so as a ranged operative but I am beyond caring now, just want this crap over with.

The sorc catches up once we get to the bonus boss thing, the commando with 2 droids, but then I set off quick again. Once we get to second boss I ask "ready?" but sorc wants another argument

sorc: "why do you have to go so quick?"

me: "well you were pulling then throwing tantrums about aggro, so I thought it best to keep ahead of you stop you moaning"

sorc: "tantrums? **** you learn to tank"

merc: "lol first you complain about him not holding aggro, now you complain because he sets a fast pace without ever losing aggro"

sorc: "well he was throwing tantrums about kill order, whatever that is"

me: "lol level 70 full 240 dps doesn't know what kill order means"

merc: "what is it?"

I give an explanation about killing weak enemies first, and then a conversation starts between me and the merc, he says he wants to ask me more questions about dpsing. I start with how kill order helps tanks tocontrol aggro because they don't have the time to worry about every little enemy over at the side of pulls.

I then point out what happens when dps have gold fever, with the tank having 2 options: 1) keep aggro on the gold by tunnel-visioning it meaning everything else goes for the healer, or 2) let the dps rip the gold as I grab aggro on everything else to keep them off the healer.

I mention abit about spread out pulls and paying attention to what is being attacked. I point out if the tank has not hit an enemy that is the first one you should kill.

I then mention kiting towards the tank when you rip aggro as all tanks can generate more threat in melee and they may not want to move from where they are due to bunched up golds and silvers or dps aoe (something I learnt recently tanking and op with my shadow, sabo slingers really don't like me running out of their aoes, for good reason).....and so on and so on.

The merc asks question after question, often prompted by the previous answer I spend about 5 minutes typing out what I think about how to play dps alongside a tank. Afterwards:

merc: "ty mate, sorry about all the questions, just not often I meet people who explain all this stuff, makes sense though"

me: "np, ready?" (as in ready to pull the jedi boss)

I get a yes from the op and merc, but the sorc stays where they are and doesn't say anything. We wonder if he is dc'd but soon after he says "was afk, waiting for tank to stop timewasting"

merc: "timewasting?"

sorc: "as if he knows anything about dps"

merc: "he said some useful stuff"

sorc: "yeah but its all bs, I played dps since beta"

me: "how long you been playing tank?"

sorc: "I never tank or heal, I'm pure dps so I know dps better than anyone"

me: "strange, most of the stuff I learnt about playing dps came from tanking and healing"

sorc: "lol"

me: "you know about peeling off healers, dcd's, aggro dumps and when to use them" (after taunt btw) "positioning when you rip aggro?" (the kite towards the tank thing)

sorc: "lol noob you do know what dps stands for? damage per second"

So its just another of these people who play every single pull and every single fight like a parse dummy, and he want to moan about my tanking.

I just pull and kill, this fight with the jedi boss the sorc tunnel-visions the main boss and ignores the 2 healers, but the merc is overgeared enough to take them down himself. We do convo, continue on, do bonus boss, get to final boss and I start tanking, then the sorc rips aggro on the security chief with single-target dps. Clearly he doesn't know kill order. Now with a melee enemy attacking him what do you think he does:

1) run towards me to stack enemies

2) continue attacking the security chief while popping dcd's

3) stop attacking security chief so as to not generate any more aggro so I can control him with taunt

4) type "TANK NOOB" in chat 16 times while stopping all damage.

He went with option 4.

Perfect contrast of players, one dps who admits hes not perfect and asks questions then asked me to add him to friends incase he has more, another dps who points out they have played pure dps since beta and therefore know everything about dps......except kill order, peeling, dcd's, positioning, aggro dumping and letting the tank pull (not sure if he knows about interrupts because there are none in boarding party, but I would be very surprised if he did). In other words he knows his rotation which, although better than some dps, is hardly grounds to consider yourself a dps master.

Still it was a win-win in the end because the sorc put me on their ignore. Thank god I will never get grouped with them again.

Edited by BobFredJohn

The group I join has a sorc dps with 9 pieces of 242 gear and 5 pieces of 240 fully augmented with rank 10 purples. The merc dps is similar but has 11 pieces of 242 and 3 of 240. Healer was probably newly 70 because, like me, had old 65 gear.

I find it saddening that a player like that has had luck enough to get nine pieces of top-tier legendary gear. I mean sure, they might be the biggest grinder there is, having 2000+ Veteran mode Fractureds under their belt, but geez.

I also find it sort of hard to believe that a player who has "been here since beta" has only played as dps. Also, if they've played dps without ever coming across a situation where their less-than-stellar playing has riled people up, then they've been really lucky. :rak_03: And furthermore, if their rotations were good enough to keep pulling off Bob then they've probably read a guide or two in their time. And those guides usually tackle issues like "what are my dcd's" and "when to aggrodrop".

sorc: "you clearly don't run fp's often, they aren't for 200 gear, you need at least 240 to beat them"

He should check Vulkk's Hammer Station and FE master mode runs with Zen they did soon after 5.0 launched. Vulkk was in 224s and Zen probably had some 228s. If I remember correctly the only boss that enraged was bonus boss in Hammer Station. They also struggled a bit with Jindo but it was because of that stupid bug.

Gold fever is also raising its ugly head after 5.0.

Multiple times I've had to explain it to everyone else in the group in veteran mode flashpoints.

Me: "Dps kill order: from weakest to strongest. Tank kill order: from strongest to weakest"

Random person: "But we don't have a tank!"

Which, by the way, is very good point!

Edited by Halinalle

He should check Vulkk's Hammer Station and FE master mode runs with Zen they did soon after 5.0 launched. Vulkk was in 224s and Zen probably had some 228s. If I remember correctly the only boss that enraged was bonus boss in Hammer Station. They also struggled a bit with Jindo but it was because of that stupid bug.

Gold fever is also raising its ugly head after 5.0.

Multiple times I've had to explain it to everyone else in the group in veteran mode flashpoints.

Me: "Dps kill order: from weakest to strongest. Tank kill order: from strongest to weakest"

Random person: "But we don't have a tank!"

Which, by the way, is very good point!

typically when I do tactical (or veteran now ...) as a dps, I nearly always end up as the tank unless one is there :D. Very rarely have I seen a dps that outdpsed me in those, even 70. Still its mostly just faceroll, altough having someone healing makes it a lot smoother.

Best tactical teams are typically 3 dps and a heal imo.

Edited by verfallen