The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ebon Hawk: leveling my Marauder to 70, get a pop for tactical False Emperor. Starts with a dps Sorc, dps Op and Immortal Juggernaut. We zoom in and everyone says hello except for the Sorc. Op volunteers to switch to heals and we agree on that. Tank tends to tunnel vision, so I peel the mobs attacking the healer. Now, we go through a few mobs, past the Trandoshan mini-boss, and I'm thinking, "I don't hear the sound effects for Lightning, nor seeing the debuffs from Madness". So I'm watching the Sorc...they're attacking the mobs, with their lightsaber. Occasionally, Chain Lightning is hard cast(I sometimes run Lightning when my Corruption Sorcerers are soloing a flashpoint and I know you should never do that once you get the passive proc for it).

Still, it's not too bad, because at least the Jugg is using his AOE taunt, although he doesn't have the Sonic Barrier passive or using Saber Reflect. We get to HK, somehow the Op gets one shot, melee Sorc dies a bit later, probably to a missile. My Marauder is pretty well geared, and with the way Berserk works with Annihilation(your bleeds heal you and your group for a small amount) , I manage to keep myself up along with the Jugg for a little while. I think I died to a missile while running for the kolto. So the Jugg is left alone.

It took him about three minutes, but he killed HK by using the koltos and his DCDs. He was in the Eternal Commander MK-14 crafted Force tank stuff. If only he'd done so well with the mobs. :p

And since my plea to the Sorc to "please don't use your lightsaber" got ignored. I checked their gear too: green tank mods, no implants, no earpiece and no relics.

Shadowlands: I got home from work at a decent time last night and the GF operation was Dread Fortress. Well, I want the BTL tauntaun that completing Descent Into the Dark Fortress gives you, so I see a "need 2 t and 2 h, DF last boss" and whisper the guy on my fresh 70 Juggernaut. She's in mostly green tank mods(I'm relatively broke on that server), save for her set bonus wrists and a blue earpiece. A little bit later the group is assembled and we head off. The leader of the op, my co-tank, asks of everyone knows the fight. I said, "It's been a while but I know the tactics and I have Dulfy pulled up".

One of the DPS, a PT, whispers me and says, "you have very few achievements, I'll tank this". Now, my Shadowlands legacy is relatively new, so I'm going to hazard a guess and assume that most people assume that I'm a n00b if they look at my achievements. I said, "I've done it on another server multiple times, it's just been a while. He says he thought I didn't know what I was doing. I replied, "No, I do, but advice is always appreciated". Plus, I have Dulfy, whose Brontes guide is a bit out of date, but the mechanics haven't changed that much, if at all.

So we pull her tentacles in front of the door and I hear the yells that Shield Tech PTs make when Flame Engine procs. He'd respecced without telling me.

First pull of Brontes, two DPS die standing in stupid, then a couple more die to not running from Reaches, then the other tank pulls Brontes when I said I'd be the one to tank her. Wipe, then the PT tells me to respec to DPS. Whatever, I know Vengeance pretty well. This time we managed to get to the "I will know what you are truly capable of" phase, but healers got overwhelmed and we wiped.

By this time, I needed to go to bed so I left and finished Forged Alliances, and left my Jugg on her ship. At least I got her set bonus pants from a crate thanks to the mobs.

Bottom line: if you want only people with the achievement, don't PUG it or ask in genchat to link the achievement.

Edited by josephinec

• 2 weeks later...
Fell off the front page, I see. Does that mean players overall are getting better? Or just not playing enough anymore?

No matter how bad you are, how much can go wrong when farming Fractured? :p

Got an interesting False Emperor HM yesterday. I was the weird one - from a certain point of view.

FP in progress, replacements are two level 70 operatives, a healer and me as a dps. The others are two juggers, a level 65 tank and a lv 50 dps. Both in the same guild, with a guild name that suggests RL friends or siblings playing together. I skim a bit over their health: 98K-ish on the tank, but well, he's 65 and FE isn't that hard, when you know the mechanics and are lucky with the buggy second boss.

They had only cleared the hangar bay so far, so I guessed the leavers saw their levels and quit group, healer must have come to the same conclusion, and we proceeded. The operatives do the jump, the juggers go the long route, should have told me that they aren't exactly veterans. :rolleyes:

Lots of tunneling, no taunts, and a jugger! tank! melting faster from the one mob he's tunneling than an operative trying to take care of everything that aims on the heal, saw the healer leaving after the third pretty close fight full of jugger casualties.

Oh well , so I decide to... STAY and pull out my Lana. We clear the remaining mobs, wipe at the pull right before the first boss. Second time's the charm (one of them even came up with the idea to push down one of the reinforcement mobs) and now we faced the first boss.

Tunneling the boss on the bridge and not only standing in the red circle but actually leading the red circle to the only thing that keeps you alive (Lana), is a bad idea, but hey, my fault for not telling then, right? So after the wipe we go back, and I decide to pull the boss instead. On the 3rd attempt of what must have looked like training sessions of the Benny Hill's School of Kiting, the juggers finally managed to kill the other mobs before they could kill the comp healer, and I downed the boss with maybe 10% health left and everyone else long dead. I just looove Lethality...

Only now do I bother to check the tank's gear... Oh boy, a hotchpotch of level 20-60 dps gear. And, well, I'm still sticking around. We're making our way to the next boss, CCs are broken, juggers die, repair droids are paid, you know, the usual. And then we stand at the second boss.

I tell them that we'll very likely not be able to do this with 3 dps and a companion healer and that I'll give it two tries, also asked them whether they're here for the HK part, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I had a sneak peek at their achievements: 300 and 1200 points. With the only flashpoint achievo ever being the first boss of HM False Emperor. :rolleyes:

No chance of course, but I've seen much more experienced players faring no better on this boss, especially when the ship/cannon bugs. So after the second attempt I said farewell, told them that story-mode FPs may be a less frustrating experience, and that the "tank" should list as dps if they look for replacement again. They actually agreed and thanked me for sticking with them so far.

TL/DR: very new newbies having fun in a HM Flashpoint, and a veteran player being a bit slow to do the two most important things when entering a FP in progress: check gear and achievements.

Repair bill: 100k, Frustration factor: actually very low, and that's the "weird" thing, I guess...

Edited by Mubrak

TL/DR: very new newbies having fun in a HM Flashpoint, and a veteran player being a bit slow to do the two most important things when entering a FP in progress: check gear and achievements.

Repair bill: 100k, Frustration factor: actually very low, and that's the "weird" thing, I guess...

I think its not weird, if new people chat and ask questions or take advice, I have no problem to spend lot of time to do 1 flashpoint, If my experience can help somebody, not care about time or repaire bill. That way got many nice guildmembers, who been evolved over time. I am happy to help. Most annoing are new playesr, who never say anything, listen anything, costantly go Leeroy etc. From those runs I drop quickly.

the Benny Hill's School of Kiting,.

Damn you I'll hear that tune every time in my head now :D:p

I also never take the time for that. Instead of 2 submenus there should be ZE button on a player! :p

I need 1 HM FP to finish Conquest on my Commando healer. Queue up GF and get D7. Good. Easy one: Conquest done. Tank starts and I stun big droid on left. Throw k bomb and turrets target healer. Figures. Type to tank to get turret aggro.. He's late in reading the chat, but Echoing D is awesome, first part done. Everyone agrees to do bonus, so fine. Start 1st droid boss with the 2 turrets. Tank heads for droid and starts melting. DPS don't bother with turrets. Turrets target healer. While keeping the tank alive I take out the turrets and at the end inspect the tank's armor. There's 208s, and level 10 relics. Just great! :confused: I tell the tank he's not geared for HM and he says he's wearing what the game gave him... :( Ponder that will you...

We start to go over the bridge and head around all the droid trash when someone runs ahead and aggros them and next thing I know they're on me while typing to the tank and we're all dead. Enough. I'm not in the mood.... and leave.

7 minute GF penalty wait, and I'm back in queue. Hammer Station comes up. Good. Easy one: Conquest done.

Tank is not reading chat. No communication. LOS in beginning is mute, as tank jumps to big droid on right. Somehow we get through and move on. I notice this tank is melting. Check gear, 216 mix, but it's Ham S so I'll stick it out. Melts a little at first droid boss. I clean at 5 ticks but have to really work to keep his health up. DPS take a few hits but we get through it.

We start heading for the tunnel to the next section. One DPS is way behind. We get to the part where everyone (unless doing bonus but we weren't) goes around the mobs to the droid waiting in the hallway. I mark the path for the lagging DPS guy with markers in case he's never done this. We kill elite droid in hallway and I look back and the DPS guy is just coming through... right into the enemy droids. The tank has already moved to the other side and stunned the guy blocking the next area. The lagging DPS guy melts and dies and the mobs come into the hallway. The other DPS and myself start fighting the mobs and our health is depleting fast. No tank in sight. I CR the dead DPS guy and right at the end the tank shows up. Rez, rez, and we move on....:confused:

No slicer for elevator so we have to go the long way. The fights aren't as easy as usual, but we're getting through them. We start to turn the corner to the next 3 boss area in that little room with the window in the back and I type " CXP TURRET" and mark it just as the tank is running by. He heads for the bosses. No communication, no turret and jumps into boss fight. Very difficult fight with melting tank and each DPS fighting different targets, but somehow we get through it with no deaths.

Before the two turrets and the bridge the tank starts acting weird. He runs ahead when fights haven't finished, and again zero communication on group chat. Both turrets go down pretty normal and we advance to final boss. One of the DPS (a commando) starts fight accidentally and melts and dies. The group wipes because nobody's ready. We all get back to boss and tank goes into stealth and goes behind boss and starts fight. We're doing better. Boss is down 75% health. Keeping everyone healed up is a chore ( i'm in 230 gear btw) but we're doing it. Finally going to get Conquest done!:D ....

Tank goes over edge. :eek:

DPS takes aggro and melts; the group wipes and we head back to boss.

Tank finally finds group chat and types a little threat: " This FP is one of the easiest, so this is my last attempt," or something like that. So I said: "But you're the one who went over the edge!!!!!" :eek:

We start the fight again. almost immediately, the commando DPS starts taking fire from boss. No aggro from tank and the commando is melting. The commando is my main. I know commando better than any of my other classes except sorc/sage healer lol. Where's his Echo Det, Reactive shield, or Adrenaline Rush? I can't heal as fast as he was melting... and dead. Quick CR but it's not looking good. Everyone's health is about half and I'm trying to get the newly revive commando's health back up when, the other dps must have lingered too long in "stupid" because he dies instantly. Alright, 1 down, no CR but I've got us 3 back to mostly full health with boss about 1/3 down. Then tank does something weird. Drops aggro and goes over to the dead dps and starts stealth healing. I've never done that before, but it works. I thought once CR is used you're done, but the dead dps is back. Unfortunately, tank dropped aggro, the adds are upon us and the two commandos are now melting with too much damage. All my defensive abilities are on cd. Group wipes. I quit.:( As I type this, I still haven't finished Conquest on this character and it's been about 4 hours now.

HM is not that hard. But only a good tank knows how to "gather" all aggro and keep the aggro. They know when the adds come in and keep them off the healer. This was not a good day for tanks in my groups. The tank guarded me btw. I've stopped explaining that whole thing a long time ago.

TLDR: The whole purpose of this thread is reading. Go'way.

Edited by Zerileth
spelling

...Then tank does something weird. Drops aggro and goes over to the dead dps and starts stealth healing. I've never done that before, but it works. I thought once CR is used you're done, but the dead dps is back...

Stealth res is a rather popular mechanic in ops and such. When shadow/scoundrel stealths out, he effectively leaves the combat, so ressing from stealth doesn't waste combat res. The only thing to watch for are your DoTs and HoTs, you need to let them run out before stealthing out, because their ticks would pull you back into combat.

I need 1 HM FP to finish Conquest on my Commando healer. Queue up GF and get D7. Good. Easy one: Conquest done. Tank starts and I stun big droid on left. Throw k bomb and turrets target healer. Figures. Type to tank to get turret aggro.. He's late in reading the chat, but Echoing D is awesome, first part done. Everyone agrees to do bonus, so fine. Start 1st droid boss with the 2 turrets. Tank heads for droid and starts melting. DPS don't bother with turrets. Turrets target healer. While keeping the tank alive I take out the turrets and at the end inspect the tank's armor. There's 208s, and level 10 relics. Just great! :confused: I tell the tank he's not geared for HM and he says he's wearing what the game gave him... :( Ponder that will you... .

Insta 65 + intro to warzones left side :p

Sad state of affairs eh?

I'm not sure I'd even bother to check out attacks 4 5 6 and beyond if I just jumped into the game and everything melts under my comps and auto-attack.. and reaching level 70 on day one.

Wondering if your shadow tank wasnt dps specced. At any rate, had never heard of taunts.

Second HM tank perhaps didn't understand English...

Man you've been patient! ;)

Edited by BenduKundalini

Don't they get a full set? My Insta 60 at least had a decent left side by default, no need for lvl 10 stuff. :p

Yeah, thought about it later. Dunno, perthaps that dude changed spec and took the relics "granted by the game" after doing the warzone intro... in any event this is where he got them (could have bought them but then wouldn't have said "this is what the game gave me")

So, nothing bad here but actually weird.....

Short version: 4 DPS, someone was telling me that I'm the tank. I'm 1 of 2 Infiltration Shadows. I said "no I'm infiltration not KC," they reply "The game think you're a tank." My role icon said DPS so I asked "Does it show me as a tank? Does anyone else see that?" Reply: "oh lol there's 2 shadows"

:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

^ this

What's any good reason why on tactical with 4 dps my half-geared infiltration shadow should taunt boss off overgeared gunslinger (not dying, full health bar)? And I was demanded to do it actually? When gunslinger can sit happy there doing damage and relying on his cd-s and all my defencives are already on cooldown including combat stealth and it's simply not comfortable without being able to use maul (can't remember rep name for ability). The only thing I can imagine it's because I have taunt.

Edited by Lesheren

- I have no problems taunting the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders. Or should I let boss run around freely and potentially attack the healer just because I'm not in tank gear or discipline?

- I have no problems taunting the boss if whoever was tanking the boss needs to run to kolto. Especially if boss has pull ability.

- Not that I even need taunts on my commando or shadow. I'll be tanking the boss anyway sooner or later. Commandos don't even have taunt.

They were called "tactical" for a reason.

Edited by Halinalle

- I have no problems taunting the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders.

Btw, can everyone please stop using that tactic in tacticals and burn Braxx ASAP since he's the only one doing real damage in this fight. Hound does not enrage after his death.

- I have no problems taunting the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders. Or should I let boss run around freely and potentially attack the healer just because I'm not in tank gear or discipline?

- I have no problems taunting the boss if whoever was tanking the boss needs to run to kolto. Especially if boss has pull ability.

- Not that I even need taunts on my commando or shadow. I'll be tanking the boss anyway sooner or later. Commandos don't even have taunt.

They were called "tactical" for a reason.

It was the last boss of Cademimu with no mechanics involved. And since I've already used even combat stealth to drop aggro It would be plain stupid to taunt boss back.

Thanks for sharing information about you being a responsible player though :)

Btw, can everyone please stop using that tactic in tacticals and burn Braxx ASAP since he's the only one doing real damage in this fight. Hound does not enrage after his death.

So they only enrage in hard mode?

I figure everyone uses that tactic since I think they used to enrage when it was story mode before 4.0.

Sure, then you get the same issues with players going from tacticals to HM not knowing the mechanics. Like Cademimu, the cop and droid. I've never run a pug of this where the others all knew the proper tactic for it. They attack only the cop and can't understand why they're getting frozen and insta-killed because they just ignore the droid like you would in tactical. :rolleyes:

I say do whatever you want in your own tacticals with friends/known commodities, but let's not teach new players bad play, yeah? (unless your secret goal is to have more to read in this thread ;) )

aerockyul, two different modes, two different tactics. I'm sorry, but Braxx brings down your health to 30% with one hit (someone always die there) and with mostly low dps in tactical groups, that fight goes above 5 min, cuz the person with high dps have to run from kolto to kolto. After his death is just tank&spank and this fight is over after 2-3 min.

I see your point, but one sentence before the fight in HM is enough for people to adapt with differences.

Sure, then you get the same issues with players going from tacticals to HM not knowing the mechanics. Like Cademimu, the cop and droid. I've never run a pug of this where the others all knew the proper tactic for it. They attack only the cop and can't understand why they're getting frozen and insta-killed because they just ignore the droid like you would in tactical. :rolleyes:

I say do whatever you want in your own tacticals with friends/known commodities, but let's not teach new players bad play, yeah? (unless your secret goal is to have more to read in this thread ;) )

if you see people using sm tactics in hm, just tell them what to do. most of them listen.

I'm sorry, but Braxx brings down your health to 30% with one hit (someone always die there)

I would like to see that happening to any level 70 in tier 2 or tier 3 gear. Maybe dps in HM but tank is supposed to tank Braxx in HM anyway.

Don't try to tank him on level 15 character. Problem solved. Even my somewhat poorly geared Jugg (not at 70) laughs at Braxx's damage. All my level 70s laugh at him. You do know that there's two kolto stations near you at any given time. If you have healer in group you don't even have to worry about it.

Not to even mention that a single level 70 can kill Braxx in the same time it takes for three low levels to kill one of the dogs.

Edited by Halinalle