The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Only 10k? That's nothing.

KDY. Grenade guy. Multiple wipes.

My commando, two level 70 sentinels and low level vanguard.

One of the sentinels left at one point and we continue with companion. First I have companion as dps. But sentinel and vanguard keep ignoring the mechanic and adds -> wipe. Sentinel pulls out rank 50 Lana and we try again. Companion is still not as healer, nothing changes so we wipe again. Next try sentinel set Lana to heals and we try again. Again, fight mechanic is totally ignored by sentinel and vanguard. I'm the only one trying to do it properly. Adds will go unnoticed most of the time. Even though I mentioned that with healer companion they will never learn it. Sentinel actually start to kill 1 out of 3 adds every spawn so that's at least something. What did it cost? 24k.

Edited by Halinalle

Only 10k? That's nothing.

KDY. Grenade guy. Multiple wipes.

My commando, two level 70 sentinels and low level vanguard.

One of the sentinels left at one point and we continue with companion. First I have companion as dps. But sentinel and vanguard keep ignoring the mechanic and adds -> wipe. Sentinel pulls out rank 50 Lana and we try again. Companion is still not as healer, nothing changes so we wipe again. Next try sentinel set Lana to heals and we try again. Again, fight mechanic is totally ignored by sentinel and vanguard. I'm the only one trying to do it properly. Adds will go unnoticed most of the time. Even though I mentioned that with healer companion they will never learn it. Sentinel actually start to kill 1 out of 3 adds every spawn so that's at least something. What did it cost? 24k.

Thank you for nailing why I quit when I did. I just couldn't stomach it... did you eventually get through the FP?

Thank you for nailing why I quit when I did. I just couldn't stomach it... did you eventually get through the FP?

Yes, Lana as healer was our last attempt. Vanguard died though.

I should have quit when I thought about it, after second wipe. But I think I have a certain type of reputation at least on Progenitor: extreme tolerance.

Edit: Just finished Hammer Station veteran mode where people kept breaking CC and causing multiple wipes in last boss fight. I could've probably soloed it on commando or done combat rez but I think that group just wasn't worth it. Like I decided to do earlier with two champion turrets. Hiding behind the corner and healing. No combat rez for them. Also, Sentinel who started screaming "focus on boss" while dead on ground. Sorry, I was doing what a good dps should be doing: killing the adds. People standing in circles and frontal channeled attack. 31k repairs. Tbh, I was very close to asking who wants to pay.

Edited by Halinalle

Just had this gem a few minutes ago. Pictures worth a thousand words, so here it goes:

Screenshot

If I had the chance, I would've kicked the guy for "low intelligence". (I was backfill btw.)

To be honest im just doing Korriban and Tython now and when i get low levels i decline que or kick the low levels, no point of going on.

Veteran Czerka Labs

I don't know exactly what class and level they were but it was a healer and two dps, ranged I guess?

I came in as backfill with my level 70 operative, they told me the fourth guy left after the droid boss enraged for the second time and then they vote kicked me because they "need ranged dps for this, sorry"

I didn't even know this boss can enrage, so I went in alone and soloed the FP with my filthy melee class, nope not any harder in 5.0 :)

Edited by Mubrak

The Red Reaper PUG (very short run with lot of time wasted)

I queue through GF for a quick daily tactical FP. As usually,many people decline when they get 4 DPS,or they just wait for a timer to run out. After some 15 minutes of waiting I finally got a full group ready.

Lvl 16 sniper,36 lightning sorc,immortal jugg lvl 24 and me carnage mara lvl 70.

While I am skipping the cut-scene I hear the sound of my lightsabers drawn...mkaaay...let's charge!!!

"I have a bad feeling about this"

Jugg is in combat getting melted pretty fast...and he dies.The 3 of us clear that first adds and start regen. The jugg marches on and pulls the adds that can be skipped in the room before elevator.

Ok...now I realize this is turning into mission impossible with this Leeroy Jugg.We fight a close fight,sorc is first to fall,sniper follows next.Jugg and me clear the 3 remaining enemies and proceed to the elevator.

I sit down before that bridge with adds,waiting for other two players to join us and ask in chat if they know this FP.

No answer of any kind from anyone.

Few minutes have passed without answer or any kind of movement. Sorc and Sniper leave the group.Jugg is leader,he re-queue us.2 new players have entered fp but couldn't join us after the elevator because Leeroy is already bashing his way forward,we die with 2 enemies still alive.Jugg disconnects,2 new players quit group.

*sigh* I'm getting tired of group finder and i'm seeing a pattern here.I hope this is just a phase and i hope it will get somewhat better when "Rogue One" hype subsides.

Next FP was Hammer Station,full dps group.We kept wiping on the first big pull and all I could think of was how I miss "Disable Droid" ability! It was a lifesaver in 4.0. I rage-quit.

The lesson taught : Avoid pugs for a month or two and spare your nerves!

Before the next "story" could I just mention this:

Hammer Stations, Hammer Station, Taral V, Hammer Station, KDY, Taral V, Hammer Station, KDY...

I already forgot that other FPs exist.

Core Meltdown

My lvl70 commando, lvl70 sentinel, two low levels, forgot the classes.

We get to desert boss and wipe. Sentinel complained about "unbalanced group" and left. Two low levels complain about how this game is worse than WoW because no healer and tank. We requeue and lvl70 commando joins the group but quits before even getting to instance. We try boss with my influence 50 companion in heals. Low levels die pretty fast and I have to solo end of the fight. Low dps + no generators left = even influence 50 healer companion got into big problems healing. I had to use all my dcds just to help Shae a bit.

Edited by Halinalle

Hammer Station. I've never wanted to kick anyone for sheer stupidity the way I wanted the low level Marauder gone. All DPS group (tank's tanking abilities were so low that healer and I were drawing more aggro which happens in all low level, bar the one level 70 which was me). Low level tank rage quits (although not his fault), it was this idiot Marauder who literally charged into mobs, while we were regenerating- and pulling left, right and centre. I ended up regenerating them at one point just so the kick would finish going through. I believe everybody has the right to learn but this idiot was too much.

Their replacements, including another level 70 were like land. The rest of the flashpoint- no wipes and absolute ease. But I really miss Disable Droid. I could have used the damn thing to save that first wipe and that really big mob with the two gold Droids? That was one of baby Marauder's 'let's jump in' moments and I knew I was dead because my group was dropping like flies but I killed one gold, hoping to squeak the group through. It worked but the idiot baby Marauder (level 25), kept on. Reason for kick, my other original teammate put 'troll' and it was either that or they forgot they don't have a pocket companion healer.

Sometimes I think there should be level sync brackets for level. I can't imagine having succeeded at Depths of Manaan as an all DPS with that group the way I did with another group of almost all 70s.

Red Reaper, veteran

Full lvl70 group. Should be butter smooth run. My commando, Guardian tank, 2x Shadow

We get to last boss without issues. Two of them get knocked to pit. Next one jumps into pit. After this they started screaming "stuck" and "suicide". Why? This is only veteran mode. I can easily solo this.

Group chat during the fight and after the fight:

http://i.imgur.com/KZSWezy.png

Edited by Halinalle

Just did a Maelstrom Prison HM on my shadow. I was tanking since queuing as a DPS is a waste of time, heal is a sage and dps are a sage and a sent. When we zone in, I quicly check the DPS to see on who I need to throw my guard. Mostly blues and greens so I wait till the first boss to see who rips aggro. We start the FP, I almost die at each pack of trash. Noone interrupts the droid that bump so I tell them to, but don't do it even after I told them. Healer doesn't cleanse on the 1st boss. I wouldn't have mind if he was keeping me alive, but that was far from the case. After cleasing myself with Resillience and having burnt through all my DCD, I died just as they kill the boss. We manage to advance through the FP. Each and every boss enrage, some at 2% like the 1st boss, some as high as 50% like the bonus boss. We mostly 1 shot everything to my great surprise except the bonus and last boss. Even giving them advice on how to play their class, we still see enrage at high HP level so I put my DPS gear for both encounters and we manage to clear them in a very painful way. I had forgot how much GF can be a pain sometimes.

Veteran Czerka Labs

I don't know exactly what class and level they were but it was a healer and two dps, ranged I guess?

I came in as backfill with my level 70 operative, they told me the fourth guy left after the droid boss enraged for the second time and then they vote kicked me because they "need ranged dps for this, sorry"

I didn't even know this boss can enrage, so I went in alone and soloed the FP with my filthy melee class, nope not any harder in 5.0 :)

Hey at least the knew operatives are melee. I've actually been told (when we still had snipe and orbital strike) that operatives are a ranged class.

And I saw it right up to 5.0 that they would just stand there and rifle shot and snipe.

Granted I've seen snipers do that too...

Been holding onto this story through the week, waiting until I had a sub so I could mention it. I generally play tanks. Been leveling a merc healer lately in the hopes that it will help me understand what healers have to do and what they need tanks to do, see wht I need to improve.

Athiss. Myself on my merc, and three sins, two of which were queued as dps and one as tank. I thought, "Oh hey, I managed to get a true group." I was quickly proven wrong. We get the explosives and head to the first mob. The tank sin pulls the mob, and I see his health going down so I quickly heal him. Next thing I know, I'm getting swarmed by the trash. Tank does nothing. No taunts, no diving in to build aggro, nothing. Think I barely survived that mob. The next mob, similar situation. Then I noticed it.

I had been curious about the tank sin, and targetted him to see his buffs shortly after a fight. Sure enough, I see 3 stacks of static charge. Check his gear: 4 of his gear pieces were tank pieces. He had a very low shield and absorb chance (think his shield rating was...152?). Basically a DPS queued as tank. They run ahead to the next mob, never using mind trap, and started a fight while I was too far to heal. The lowest level sin was getting low right as I get there, and sure enough, right as I start to heal, he ends up running to the side of the stairs where I can't see him. He dies, I get swarmed and die. The other two finish the rest off and revive me and him.

We get to the five droids before the first boss, kill the two on the right, then wipe. One of them says "we need another healer" (thanks..), and I said that we need an actual tank. Apparently, the one sin thought he actually was a tank just befause that was what he queued as. I told him, as politely as I could, that he was in deception and thus couldn't actually tank. No response to my statement, but they defided to discuss how to kill the droids. We get back to that spot, and I notice the two on the right were missing and decide to run where there was now a large gap. They a stealth....then decide to fight the three rather than walk past. I let out a deep sigh.

We start the boss. Adds constantly swarm to me with little help...or at least effective help. We wipe. The lower level sin says he's weighing us down, and I mention the lack of tank. Now, i know tacticals can be run by any comp, and I probably could have done better at keeping myself alive. As to what that is, i don't know. Anyway, one of the dps sins decide to chime in and say the one is a tank. At that point i was tired of constantly dying to trash. I simply stated, "My main is an assassin tank. He is in dps spec." I wait a few moments, and when no response to that came, I dropped group. Very rarely will I do that, but while I'm not the greatest in the game, I still take pride in my tanking and I get a little miffed when someone tries to tell me that they are a tank when they clearly aren't.

My Lesson learned? Learning to heal without a proper tank sucks..

I'm curious, what do you guys think a solo tank should do in an op? Do we need to have each and every add on us, even when we have at least one other person who can single taunt?

My Jugg on TRE was farming Bestia's adds and the healers in the group were getting mad at me for not having every single one on me.

I'm curious, what do you guys think a solo tank should do in an op? Do we need to have each and every add on us, even when we have at least one other person who can single taunt?

My Jugg on TRE was farming Bestia's adds and the healers in the group were getting mad at me for not having every single one on me.

It depends, but for something like that you should be trying to get all the adds stacked up on you as much as you can. People aren't doing Bestiary runs beca use its fun per se, but because it's fast, so stacking the adds makes it go a little faster.

Also, its story mode, and it's only the first 30 seconds that there should be a lot of adds up, and all the tanks have cds to let the survive at least that long.

And honestly, thinking of most other fights, even if you are so tanking you should be picking up all the adds (at least in sm. HM usually has mechanics which makes that not really feasible).

I thought I would do flashpoint on my shadow tank for fun. Big mistake. My level 60 shadow, 2x lowbie guardians and commando.

We get through the difficult pull even though my tanking sucks. First boss I try to tank but both guardians have taunt in their rotation. We kill the boss. I didn't die though I didn't hold aggro all the time because of taunts from guardians.

Commando pulls the easily avoidable trash after first boss because... mats? Second boss: one of the guardians really want to put Guard on me. Two turrets: only me and commando survive. Yeah, I know my tanking sucks.

Last boss fight goes exactly like though it would go: commando pulls, I try to grab aggro, Guardians taunt, I managed to keep boss on me until at one point one of the guardians move to same position where I am, between boss and console, taunts and stands in frontal channeled attack. Which I tried to avoid as often as possible, like what good tank should be doing, instead of just standing there like you have something to prove.

Now my day is ruined.

I know! I know I'm bad at tanking but please: if you want to taunt off as dps could you at least stop standing in easily avoidable damage like a clueless sentinel.

Edited by Halinalle

I thought I would do flashpoint on my shadow tank for fun. Big mistake. My level 60 shadow, 2x lowbie guardians and commando.

We get through the difficult pull even though my tanking sucks. First boss I try to tank but both guardians have taunt in their rotation. We kill the boss. I didn't die though I didn't hold aggro all the time because of taunts from guardians.

Commando pulls the easily avoidable trash after first boss because... mats? Second boss: one of the guardians really want to put Guard on me. Two turrets: only me and commando survive. Yeah, I know my tanking sucks.

Last boss fight goes exactly like though it would go: commando pulls, I try to grab aggro, Guardians taunt, I managed to keep boss on me until at one point one of the guardians move to same position where I am, between boss and console, taunts and stands in frontal channeled attack. Which I tried to avoid as often as possible, like what good tank should be doing, instead of just standing there like you have something to prove.

Now my day is ruined.

I know! I know I'm bad at tanking but please: if you want to taunt off as dps could you at least stop standing in easily avoidable damage like a clueless sentinel.

IIRC you actually HAVE to stand in the cleave as it follows you around, but yeah DPS with taunts suck

EDIT Actually, I was wrong...

Edited by De-mu-noki

This was a weird encounter on Czerka Corporate Labs like yesterday,

I was on my DPS (remember this I'm DPS it comes into play later) speced Operative grinding to lvl 50. So I get the queue pop as normal but after only two conformations (only me and the " tank") we zone in. I was wondering what the hell went so wrong that two people quit on these guys, or possibly got vote kicked. So here' s the run down of the line up: a mid 40s sniper, a 70 Marauder, a 30 something Juggernaut and me, a humble old infiltration spec Operative..

So I zone in, say hi, and all hell breaks lose. Both the Marauder and especially the Sniper start complaining that they need a tank for one of the easiest pulls in the entire FP, and they do not notice that the Jugg is labeled as a "tank" so they started to throw a fit. I offer off heals when I can when my rotation runs it's course, just to calm them down. (This was my first mistake here) This (for some reason) cemented into the Snipers head that I was in fact a healer when I was speced into infiltration. I provide minimal heals when I can, and we move on to the Security Chief no problem, all is peachy keen.

This is where it gets dicey though. The Sniper soon started to ***** out the Jugg for being under geared and therefore unable to properly tank. Admittedly he was under geared and in the wrong type of armor (accuracy and crit gear) but I said that it didn't really matter he was doing alright for a lvl 30 tank. (I run a Jugg tank and this guy was popping CDs WAY to quickly but he kept up threat and guarded me which was good. So he was a fine tank even in crit gear) So the tank finally speaks up and tells the Sniper to shut it and proceeds to attack the Czerka Security Chief (CSC) essentially locking the marauder and the Sniper out. This pissed them off because they they eventually wiped since CSC can hit them through the blocked door.

The thing is, me and the Jugg worked great as a team. We, as a two man team, took CSC to around 25% health before we got unlucky, got Cryo'd and then rocket launchered to death. I thought it was a positive run because A.) We got the guy down to 25% with 2 people, imagine with 4 people and B.) This proved that the guy knew how to tank the boss, he kept agro, used the kolto correctly, and taunted at the right times, (he still popped CDs to fast). I say, "Okay, we got this with 4 people." but the Sniper literally refused to enter CSC's room. She was such a drama queen that she "protested this GF because we have an egotistical douchebag as a tank."

After around five minutes of us trying to coax her into the room the Jugg gives up and locks her out of the room. (Which she then said, "Why the hell did you lock me out you douche?" I mean seriously.)

So it's me, the mara, and the Jugg. So after CSC gets to his rocket and cryo phase, the Mara literally stands in the rocket's red circle and wipes. I soon see in all caps in my chat bar, "WHY DIDN'T THE HEALER HEAL ME?" Now, I cannot heal through the rocket strike when the Mara was at 75% health, its literally impossible, its an auto wipe, but to each his own. So after having a bunch of all caps insults thrown at me (by both the Sniper and the Mara) its just me and the Jugg toiling away at CSC, eventually getting him down to 13% before I get caught on the crate and wipe.

This led to the Sniper (figeratively) yelling at the Jugg that he's useless. I tried to tell them that the performace says otherwise, but they order a vote kick anyway. It passes, which causes the (obviously) pissed Jugg to cuss them out, saying that they didnt help, they were useless, and that they had no right to talk when they cannot do the fight right. He said I was a great groupmate then he was phased out.

I was pretty pissed at this duo of idiots. They kicked a perfectly decent guy from the group. So my second mistake was to call them out for their BS. Both the Mara and the Sniper proceeded to tell me that I "suck at healing" and that I "need to learn my class" The Mara literally said "I only saw you heal the Jugg why didnt you heal me?" Note: again I am not a healer, im a DPS spec. I could not ram it through their thick skulls that they were being, irrational, irritable, and plain stupid. Eventually after calling them out on everything (and after we got a new groupmate) they vote kicked me (to the new groupie's surprise) and it passed.

Eventually (around a half of an hour later) the new groupie (I think it was Mara) messeged me and stated that they kicked her because she "wasn't DPSing enough to be a DPS class." I mean what?

Some people man. Some people.

I could not ram it through their thick skulls that they were being, irrational, irritable, and plain stupid.

In short, they were post-truth people ?

Eventually (around a half of an hour later) the new groupie (I think it was Mara) messeged me and stated that they kicked her because she "wasn't DPSing enough to be a DPS class." I mean what?

This is the kind of self-proclaimed elitists that I fear. Burning through many people without seeing their own flaws.

What was that saying from the Bible ? Some peopple do not see their own piece of wood on their forehead ... ( Matthew 7,3 EU, "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" - According to Wikipedia )

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Boarding Party on my lowbie assassin dps. Sorcerer, assassin and operative.

- Others rarely use kolto stations even though we don't have a healer

- I'm first to die usually because of aggro

- No off heals from operative or sorcerrer

Sorcerer left at one point and we got 4th stealther as replacement. Assassin left a bit later and we used healer companion to the end. I wanted us to requeue for replacement but I just wanted FP done asap.

False Emperor. Again on my assassin.

- Lvl 65 Jugg who only had 3 abilities: two basic saber attacks and Smash.

- Again I'm first to die most of the time. I know, Hatred is low dps but come on...

- Wipe after wipe after wipe after ...

I decided to give up after dying to big pull after HK.

Quick reminder why I don't like to play group content on empire side...

Btw, can someone explain these to me:

- why security officer before medical officer in Boarding Party?

- why Valk before Jos in Blood Hunt?

Would those even work in master mode?

Edited by Halinalle

- why security officer before medical officer in Boarding Party?

- why Valk before Jos in Blood Hunt?

people often do security guy first because they don't bother reading tooltips. A lot of people think the damage reflect given by the security guy applies to the whole group, even though its only captain. The problem is people have been doing security -> med -> captain for ages, that's the way I was taught to do it on my first run years ago. So when some idiot like me turns up and says "tooltip says med guy has no shield so we can kill her first" I usually get a "l2p noob" in reply.

I cant remember names on second boss BH but I prefer white person first because they have the long range knockback, the conal which can be annoying with the red guys fire jump thing forcing you to move I have seen loads of people move into the while person conal while avoiding red person jump and I think white person does the 4 circles that follow you mechanic which is a pain if group is dumb.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Question 1: Really depends on the fight. For many fights that would be bad, like Writhing Horror. For others it's a good thing.

Question 2: In that case if you're farming XP then I'd stack them on you because it allows the dps to AoE the hell out of them.

met an interesting player yesterday.

Got a pop for HM mando with my 69 jugg tank, group was 70 sin dps, 70 sorc healer and 4th guy dropped before I loaded in.

I tried to guard the sin but couldn't because he was guarding his comp. I asked him what spec he was and he said he was dps. I asked him why he is guarding people.

sin: "lol l2p noob, dps have guard now"

me: "do they? didn't know that, can you switch it off so I can guard you"

sin: "lol read patch notes for 5.0 you dont know how to play, you should guard the healer"

Then the sin chain-pulled some trash and died. After which he complained about aggro, me not tanking properly etc. I use the good old "you pull it you tank it."

The sin the put their guard on the healer, still preventing me from guarding him but he did stop pulling and most things were smooth until first boss.

I killed bloke before dps and his rank 50 dps comp killed the 2 dogs. I write "please pick up the dps"

sin: "lol you could just stop hitting the boss"

me: "shouldn't have to, you have better gear than me and a 50 comp which is op, should easily have out-dpsed me"

sin: "we couldn't dps properly the sorc was kiting"

So apparently a moving target prevents a sin dps doing proper rotations. <sarcasm> I know, all those channels and casts that fill sin rotations, kind of reminds me of mm spec snipers </sarcasm>.

We carry on, get a replacement and get to second boss. I guard the new dps and the sin starts telling me to either guard properly or not at all.

me: "well I cant guard you until you switch yours off"

sin: "you don't need to guard me, guard healer"

The sin then starts screaming at us to los. I say "no need" and leap in to stand between the 2 ranged enemies.

The sin starts complaining about "tanks with napoleon complexes" then starts attacking the knight. The other dps attacks trooper first. I write "knight first" but he doesn't move.

Not that it would be much of an issue, I figure the high geared sin can take out the knight faster than a bolstered lvl 65 sin can take out the trooper. But no, trooper dies, sage dies, scoundrel dies. Knight is the only one still alive, and untankable, I taunt, I aoe taunt, I backfist (which doesn't stun, damn) I taunt then lose aggro. Guess who the knight goes for, the high geared sin. It 2-hits him and he lies dead on the floor complaining about bad tanks and not holding aggro.

me: "sorry I didn't explain kill order I assumed everybody knew it as nobody asked, still it was weird a lvl 65 managed to kill 3 bosses before a lvl 70 killed one."

sin: "lol I'm not the problem here, l2p noob"

Do bonus boss, I tank it in what was the usual place, the spot against the wall between the pillars and the sin keeps taunting the boss and dragging it to the other side of the pillar telling me it must be tanked between the pillar and lift door, talk about napoleon complex. After the third time I don't bother taunting back to save his life, so he dies. He lies dead on the floor writing in all caps about tanking properly. After hes dead the fight is a doddle, nice and smooth and no issues at all.

Do final boss, the way I usually do turrets is to sabre reflect as soon as they come up. I have the thing that makes sabre reflect last 2 seconds longer and generate high threat on all enemies currently in combat (its essentially an aoe taunt and dcd in one). That gets aggro on both turrets, then I generate more with the reflected damage and then I hope both dps attack the same turret so I can just tank on that 1 and hold aggro. I have never ever had a healer rip the non-tanked turret off me before we kill the first one.

But this time high geared sin decides I am doing it all wrong. He goes and attacks the second turret but I keep aggro, boss moves and I do same again, sin does same again, attacks the other turret so I run back and fourth holding aggro. Get to third spot, same again, high geared sin then taunts the one he is attacking. I think "you taunt it you tank it" (slightly different from the you pull phrase but same concept) and the high geared sin dies. He then complains about aggro and I tell him not to taunt then. His response "your a tank, your supposed to pay attention and control aggro regardless of what others do."

No I will not taunt off someone who taunts just because he wants a stick with which to say "you are crap you lost aggro."

After the mission I keep getting whispers from the sin telling me how to play. I tell him I understand most stuff but he keeps going on about:

-updates in 5.0. He tells me a lot has changed since 4.0 so now tanks are supposed to guard healers in pve. I reckon hes talking bs but he insists I should read patch notes for 5.0

-los is important in second boss mando, he says it stacks enemies up so they can be aoed. My response is what it always is with this claim: "2 of the enemies are ranged and 2 melee, both ranged are stood close together, therefore if entire group stands between ranged enemies, sage and knight run into melee range with us and just like magic the enemies are stacked up just like an los, but without the hassle." And of couse he does what every los noob does when I explain my logic too them, change the subject because they know I am right.

-goes on about guard on healer saying dps don't need it because they have aggro dumps. I explain how healer aggro works, why guard should be on highest dps and, seeing as dps now have guard, the lowest dps can guard healer if they want (pointless though). I then get abit petty due to his attitude and point out that he geeked out and read patch notes on release, I learnt about it 30 minutes ago and I understand how to use it better than he does. Of course he insists.

-he then complains about aggro management, telling me that in second boss he aggro dumped the knight then came out of stealth, hit boss twice and had aggro again. I explain to him the boss mechanics, the fact that the knight cant be tanked and say "complaining about aggro on the knight is exactly the same as complaining about aggro on the dogs and really demonstrates how little you know." He drones on about having read patch notes, knew about dps guards long before I did (I point out yet again at least I know where to put them)

-then complained about healer getting aggro on the first few pulls. I wrote again "you pull it you tank it, not my fault you cant hold any aggro." Now that really touched a nerve, from this point he started typing to me in all-caps. I found it really funny, watching him get gradually more and more upset. I might be turning into a troll :rolleyes:

he starts droning on and on about reading patch notes, therefore he knows how to play. Ok so we have someone who read patch notes and thinks guard should be on healer in pve, doesn't know fight mechanics on second boss mando, pulls before the tank then moans about aggro and died repeatedly in a flashpoint.

These are the types I really hate, the "I read it so I know it" type. It would be like me saying "yeah I completed NiM ops, why don't I have the achievement? well I didn't play it but I watched a video of someone doing it on youtube". or "yeah I did bh in blue 172's, because I watched it on youtube."

This guy reads all the updates, but doesn't read his tooltips and thinks he can teach me how to play. Still I asked him if I could add him to friends to get any info about updates if I find something I don't know about. He agrees and I offer to give him advice on gameplay when he gets unstuck. He says he doesn't need it.

I suppose its another person whose head is too full of ego to fit any actual knowledge in.

Edited by BobFredJohn