The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Initially when they advertised TEC i thought that it would be something like proving grounds in wow. Unfortunately it wasn't like that.

Well, you can use TEC achievements as a a crude skill check. For exemple, if a player has the ten rounds achievements but no solo ones, you can assume that he got carried.

However, if someone has some solo achievements, you can assume that he knows the basics.

In that Korriban Incurrsion today tank was 220/224 gear, 1 dps was in DvsL armor and the guy was level 56, the other dps was 208/216 crystal gear and we managed, there is no gear check cause gear doesnt matter, skill does!

This aint WoW :D

I wrote it there :)

I would add only that stupid players would do more damage in better gear than in worse gear. Also it would filter out sorcerers with shield/absorb/defense gear :D So it would help. A little. Sometimes :D

Well, you can use TEC achievements as a a crude skill check. For exemple, if a player has the ten rounds achievements but no solo ones, you can assume that he got carried.

However, if someone has some solo achievements, you can assume that he knows the basics.

That could theoretically work but i myself don't have all those cheevos. Just couldn't make myself bring more than 2 characters through first 10 chapters of kotfe, so it's quite possible that a person to not have the achievement and still be good player.

Achievements are useless. Good guess is the offhand(224 means the person at least knows someone capable of killing HM TFB). I personally give every HM FP several tries. If there's a sign of progression then I can survive few deaths. If there's only chaos then "Bye, Bye Beautiful".

Achievements are useless. Good guess is the offhand(224 means the person at least knows someone capable of killing HM TFB). I personally give every HM FP several tries. If there's a sign of progression then I can survive few deaths. If there's only chaos then "Bye, Bye Beautiful".

i qued yesterday cause some peeps were asking for help on fp hm for dvl - we got korriban.1st try on droid we got to 1% and i thought, "ok if we got it to 1% it was prolly a mistake" but no.after that it just went worse and worse..and people were augmented - no set bonus, but even so..i had to sleep aswell so bye bye :D

I was in EV HM this week (priority ops) and there was a clueless sniper with 208/216 comms gear and no augments.

• He was not able to enter the ops because he was trying to enter through TfB

• He had about 8K achievments points, but EV was only completed for SM

• After some bosses he didn't roll in anything, people were asking why and I said that was probably because he didn't know to roll, which he confirmed

• After that the devil on me start to whisper in my ear: I said if the needed a gear he should press alt+F4, everyone kept quiet

• After the pylon fight, he tried to roll, pressing alt+f4, got DC'ED immediately... after he returned we asked what happened and he said "alt+f4 close the game

• we continued and after the last boss was down (the sniper didn't die in the platforms, for a miracle) he rolled and got the 224 mainhand, i said to him in order to equip the mainhand he should drag the token on an empty space, click it and confirm... he destroyed his mainhand

we continued and after the last boss was down (the sniper didn't die in the platforms, for a miracle) he rolled and got the 224 mainhand, i said to him in order to equip the mainhand he should drag the token on an empty space, click it and confirm... he destroyed his mainhand
I hope you are proud of yourself. :rolleyes:

I was in EV HM this week (priority ops) and there was a clueless sniper with 208/216 comms gear and no augments.

• After some bosses he didn't roll in anything, people were asking why and I said that was probably because he didn't know to roll, which he confirmed

• After that the devil on me start to whisper in my ear: I said if the needed a gear he should press alt+F4, everyone kept quiet

• After the pylon fight, he tried to roll, pressing alt+f4, got DC'ED immediately... after he returned we asked what happened and he said "alt+f4 close the game

• we continued and after the last boss was down (the sniper didn't die in the platforms, for a miracle) he rolled and got the 224 mainhand, i said to him in order to equip the mainhand he should drag the token on an empty space, click it and confirm... he destroyed his mainhand

Wow, dude. Just... wow.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he was that gullible to listen to you twice or that you were to troll him twice. Probably a kid, tbh, to be that naive twice in a row. You probably trolled a 10 year old.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

You are a variety of words that I cannot use on the forums because it will get me banned. It would be one thing if he was bossy, rude, or a troll, but he was clearly lost and confused and you had no reason to do that.

You are a variety of words that I cannot use on the forums because it will get me banned. It would be one thing if he was bossy, rude, or a troll, but he was clearly lost and confused and you had no reason to do that.

He just joined another pug that i was with an alt, he was with the same char and didn't know about lockouts... he didn't destroyed the mainhand... shame...

Interesting idea, but how will that work in 5.0? where getting gear only depends on how lucky you r :p

Edited by majopucik

Interesting idea, but how will that work in 5.0? where getting gear only depends on how lucky you r :p

It won't. How useful is achievement for HM/NIM operations from 3.0 for S&V(e.g.)? Useless. But everyone demands achievements for runs when many of them come from this era. What about people who hate KotFE? They are noobs because they cannot run TEC?

There's no way you can tell how good a person is based on the standard set of achievements for standard PUG content.

As a fellow troll I find this hilarious:D

And tbh, in less than a week this mainhand will be worth sh*t, so no real harm done anyway ;)

As a fellow troll I find this hilarious:D

And tbh, in less than a week this mainhand will be worth sh*t, so no real harm done anyway ;)

Depending on the RNG may and may not. With many unlucky rolls the 224 MH could be the best things for days/weeks(based on your playing time).

From my perspective this is bad because other reasons(screw 224 MH, EV, who cares, can be done with a zombie PUG(which is what is mostly happening anyway, brainzzzzzzz:D)):

1) The person learned he cannot trust people in PUG. Meaning once we try to get into his/hers head tactics for boss fight (s)he would probably ignore us as trolls. Well played!

2) +1 of a person who would ramble about elitists raiders and how we don't need new OPS but new story instead. Exactly what we need when we scream for new OPS. Well played!

3) We have so many players we can behave like this so more can leave ><

By no means I call for babysitting every new player, but c'mon, don't go too far :) alt+f4/suicide jumps for datacrons are enough :)

It won't. How useful is achievement for HM/NIM operations from 3.0 for S&V(e.g.)? Useless. But everyone demands achievements for runs when many of them come from this era. What about people who hate KotFE? They are noobs because they cannot run TEC?

There's no way you can tell how good a person is based on the standard set of achievements for standard PUG content.

You do realize there are time stamps, do you?

You do realize there are time stamps, do you?

Yes, that's why I asked how useful these achievements are today. AFAIK there's no renewal of the date, so you see the person achieved it in 3.0 and thus the achievement for HM Styrak is useles for nowadays run.

Just take the achievements as they are. Accept HM/NM L50 Denova, 55 Asation, 55 Darvannis, 55 Dread Fortress, 55 Dread Palace, HM 60 Temple and 60 Ravagers as they are. If someone's timestamp claims nightmare power for the current boss and (s)he claims to know what (s)he is doing, I'll trust his/her assessment without knowing the person or demanding a certain gear level.

NM five levels above still requires the person to have been in a somewhat competent group and implies basic knowledge of the mechanics, HM is indeed worthless.

(Except for Coratanni and Blaster, always ignore 16m achievements.)

Naturally, anything can be purchased and thus cannot be fool proof, but these people are debunked easily anyway.

Or, you know, ignore achievements at all. New players needs a chance too. As long as they don't have trash gear and are willing to listen I have no problems with taking them over any "pro" with 3.0 achievements. At least they're honest.

BTW in our guild is a person with proper NIM Styrak kill from the time when the ops was released(or some time around, surely not the first). DPS on actual Nefra - 4.1 k. C'mon, people change and killing some level 50/55 boss doesn't mean anything today :)

But that's totally OT so I think we can move on, give us some better topic to talk! :D

unfortunatly some of my nims kills are form 3.0 era, even so i done them all again in 4.0.i cant fix that, but wehn i ask for achievments, i inspect player myself to see important kills even from 3.0 era, like gate crasher, dread master etc.

its sad that BW wont reset ops achievmnts, or create a new tab for 5.0 kills :D that would be great!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.