The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

37 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

Uhm. Not really sure what you're getting at, so I'll just answer the question I understood, everything else is kinda "ok and now?" for me. 

I'm getting at you pretending I wrote "DPS don't matter" when what I wrote is "overall DPS don't matter*"

Edit: *outside of Speed Running / doing stuff your Group has on Farm anyway

Edited by DarthSpekulatius
forgot the disclaimer

8 hours ago, DarthSpekulatius said:

Jedi Quaker started this whole Argument by falsely putting the Accuracy of the Combat log into question when you look at sections of Fights. if you read what he wrote instead it's just People not knowing how to interpret data, the data is accurate enough. (most of the time)

I did not question the accuracy of the Combat Logs - I question people's ability to properly interpret the data. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JediQuaker said:
8 hours ago, DarthSpekulatius said:

Jedi Quaker started this whole Argument by falsely putting the Accuracy of the Combat log into question when you look at sections of Fights. if you read what he wrote instead it's just People not knowing how to interpret data, the data is accurate enough. (most of the time)

I did not question the accuracy of the Combat Logs - I question people's ability to properly interpret the data. 

when reading the entire post that's exactly what you did, just if this:

On 10/13/2022 at 9:09 PM, JediQuaker said:

Afaik, Starparse is most accurate when there is an unbroken stream of damage - particularly against practice dummies or relatively stationary targets. You can't just look at a section of Starparse data and say 'aha!'. 🙂

was taken out of context, then what you wrote got misinterpreted and started this whole Argument.

I wrote that badly, you didn't start the argument, a part of what you wrote was used to start the Argument.

if you just look at that segment however, you did falsely put the blame that should go to the people misinterpreting the data onto the Parser claiming it's inaccurate. (unless that's a translation thing / me missing common English phrasing, and "most accurate" is used interchangeably for "not easily misinterpreted" in English conversations, my English isn't bad but "false friends" do get me al the time, just like me writing standard-German-never-ending-sentences gets me in trouble all the time. :p)

Athiss FP, vet mode. One lv 80 assassin, one lv 60 Marauder, one lv 80 Jugg and one lv 48 operative (my toon). For some reason, the jugg attacked the cc-ed mobs, died a few times, then started insulting us. We kicked him out of squad and did the rest of fp with assassin's Ashara healing. 

He started pm-ing the assassin to complain about being kicked and claimed he was a beginner, but he was obviously lying about that, because a:) he was wearing the Investigator armor set (something very rare) and b:) found the guy at the Fleet and looked at his achievements, he had some from 2014.

This gotta be one of the weirdest encounters ever. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just had something 'amazing' happen to me in a flashpoint.

Joined a in progress Depths of Manaan (vet) and as soon as I joined I got kicked from a group with someone writing in chat that they were sorry but that spot was reserved for their friend. 

I'm not even mad about the kick but what baffles me is that I ended up getting a 17min lockout.

What kind of a logic is that? I didn't leave I got kicked lol

3 hours ago, RainEbon said:

Joined a in progress Depths of Manaan (vet) and as soon as I joined I got kicked from a group with someone writing in chat that they were sorry but that spot was reserved for their friend. 

I'm not even mad about the kick but what baffles me is that I ended up getting a 17min lockout.

Wow... if the spot was reserved for a friend they should've queued together.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, RainEbon said:

Groupfinder is just full of unnecessary Punishments, I'm not sure if they crept over from PVP or if the DEVs just hate the Players and always assume the worst of them. Don't take it to heart.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 6:34 PM, RainEbon said:

I think that time-out would have been a glitch.

Edited by JediQuaker

Hi. Not sure this belongs here, but i need to vent ( LOL).

DF SM group, we killed everything extremely fast, poor Corruptor Zero didn't even got a chance to fire the laser. At Brontes, we had to wait a few minutes, someone had to go spend tech fragments. Out of the blue, the healer ( with Dread mask and fancy NiM title) started complaining about " low dps" and picked on a smuggler, apparently his 336 irating gear was not good enough for SM ( !!) because, in this healer's opinion, being third in Star Parse was something the smuggler should be ashamed of.

I checked the guy, he had mixed gear ( Tionese, Rakata and Columi, all with purple augments) and his dmg wasn't bad at all, 21 k is decent for SM ops, at least that's what my guild told me.

Needless to say, the ops chat degenerated into an insult feast between the healer and the smuggler, but they calmed down and we finished the op.

1 hour ago, bluehufsa said:

Hi. Not sure this belongs here, but i need to vent ( LOL).

DF SM group, we killed everything extremely fast, poor Corruptor Zero didn't even got a chance to fire the laser. At Brontes, we had to wait a few minutes, someone had to go spend tech fragments. Out of the blue, the healer ( with Dread mask and fancy NiM title) started complaining about " low dps" and picked on a smuggler, apparently his 336 irating gear was not good enough for SM ( !!) because, in this healer's opinion, being third in Star Parse was something the smuggler should be ashamed of.

I checked the guy, he had mixed gear ( Tionese, Rakata and Columi, all with purple augments) and his dmg wasn't bad at all, 21 k is decent for SM ops, at least that's what my guild told me.

Needless to say, the ops chat degenerated into an insult feast between the healer and the smuggler, but they calmed down and we finished the op.

More often than not those people are the ones that get carried or buy runs and then like to act superior to others for whatever reason. If the achievements he has for that title are all on the same day in the span of 1-2 hours, he got carried/bought it

• Like 1

I think last week was strangest group finder i got in a long time. 

I was on a corruption sorcerer with my role set to heal for group finder 

When group match pops up, i see Rest of group has dps showing as role,

Seemed good to me, 3dps and me healing, i hit ready. 

And found myself in mandalorian raider fp. With all healers (who qued as dps) 

This group then continues to complain that its taking to long to kill bosses and that we don't need so many healers and  how dare people que as dps when they are set to heal. (fair enough complaints but it was coming from a op healer who qued as a dps...) 

This person also kept telling  everyone to just heal themselves as we don't need a healer for this flashpoint 😂

At least we had no deaths 😂

Edited by TalLura
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:30 PM, TalLura said:

I think last week was strangest group finder i got in a long time. 

I was on a corruption sorcerer with my role set to heal for group finder 

When group match pops up, i see Rest of group has dps showing as role,

Seemed good to me, 3dps and me healing, i hit ready. 

And found myself in mandalorian raider fp. With all healers (who qued as dps) 

This group then continues to complain that its taking to long to kill bosses and that we don't need so many healers and  how dare people que as dps when they are set to heal. (fair enough complaints but it was coming from a op healer who qued as a dps...) 

This person also kept telling  everyone to just heal themselves as we don't need a healer for this flashpoint 😂

At least we had no deaths 😂

I think people are changing their roles to make GF pop faster and forgetting about changing it for Vet FPs. Or they are looking at "role in need" and assuming that's what they are.

I exclusively play as classes that are DPS/Healer and DPS/Tank (That means never a Sent or a Slinger) and play nearly 100 FPs per week. Never have I ever been rolled into the wrong role.

• 4 weeks later...

Black Talon – Veteran Mode

1x LvL80, 2x LvL 60+, 1x LvL35

„hi“, „hello“, „what's up“, „...“.

First convo.

„Can we skip?“

„Yes, skip would be nice.“

No skip.

Second convo.

„This flahspoint is really long, if we watch all cutscenes.“

„There is the option to do this solo, if you want to see story.“

No skip.

First Player left the group.

Third convo.

Abort... second Player left the group.

Isn't it nice how civilized this exchange was? The members of the group realized that they have opposing views on how to run the content. One side communicated clearly their stance on the situation and gave reasons to convince the others. The other side made their intentions as clear through their actions, nonverbal.

Funny, that the only person who never spoke a single word, not even a greeting at the start, was the person, who insisted on watching the story... the LvL80 Sorc.

Be nice and have fun out there. It's just a game.

6 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Isn't it nice how civilized this exchange was? The members of the group realized that they have opposing views on how to run the content. One side communicated clearly their stance on the situation and gave reasons to convince the others. The other side made their intentions as clear through their actions, nonverbal.

Funny, that the only person who never spoke a single word, not even a greeting at the start, was the person, who insisted on watching the story... the LvL80 Sorc.

Sounds rude rather than civilized if someone is outright ignoring everything it's being said

2 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Sounds rude rather than civilized if someone is outright ignoring everything it's being said

Isn't there a saying... "actions are louder than words"? If a player does not skip after being asked to, he made his stance pretty clear. Every team member was on the same page. One side had to back down. It happened. Without any rudeness. I see this as a win/win situation. There was no need for more words, back and forth. Problem got solved.

46 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Isn't there a saying... "actions are louder than words"? If a player does not skip after being asked to, he made his stance pretty clear. Every team member was on the same page. One side had to back down. It happened. Without any rudeness. I see this as a win/win situation. There was no need for more words, back and forth. Problem got solved.

would hardly call a problem solved when one side got their way while ignoring everyone and the other had to lose their time. if a person is being addressed and doesn't reply that is rudeness.
The people that had to leave not only lost their time because they didn't get the reward but also got a lockout

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

1 hour ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

would hardly call a problem solved when one side got their way while ignoring everyone and the other had to lose their time. if a person is being addressed and doesn't reply that is rudeness.
The people that had to leave not only lost their time because they didn't get the reward but also got a lockout

You overlook that, if 2 members of the team are in favour of skipping cutscenes and 2 members are in favour for watching the cutscenes, this is hardly what you call a tie.

If a votekick is initiated (from either side) a majority from 2 out of 3 votes is a given, because the person you want to kick, is not allowed to vote. Sooo... that means... the two people that left did this out of free will, accepting the lockout... while they easily could have kicked the non-skipping LvL80 Sorc.

Everybody in that run did, what they wanted to do. I still don't see rudeness.

What would be the difference, if the LvL80 Sorc would have said a word? "Yes, i know, but i want to watch." You are in the exact same situation as before. There will still the same decision to be made. Kick him or leave the flashpoint myself.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Dread Fortress SM on DM server, went with my arsenal merc. The other dps were operatives and a marauder. The healer got disconnected in the middle of the fight with Rancor boss, we wiped. Then i got kicked for "low dps", but when i looked on starparse.. SURPRISE !!!! First place, an operative, 23 k dmg. Second place me, 21 k dps. The rest of guys.. 8 and 9 k dps. But somehow they decided it was my fault? Or maybe they got the revenge on me because the healer was from the same guild, who knows. Thing is i wasn't even angry, but rather amused. 

Kicking for performance in sm Op's or vm FP's is kinda laughable. Being continually stupid, not taking any coaching, DC'd for an extended time, or trolling I can see it, but kicking someone as lowest DPS when these mobs melt so fast seems 'extra sweaty' to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HypSpec said:

Kicking for performance in sm Op's or vm FP's is kinda laughable. Being continually stupid, not taking any coaching, DC'd for an extended time, or trolling I can see it, but kicking someone as lowest DPS when these mobs melt so fast seems 'extra sweaty' to me.

Some people just need to feel all 'leet'. 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, HypSpec said:

i was listening to some friends doing a pug sm tos the other night and when they got to revan, it got bad....

their first pull, they hit 100 stacks on the core and got dead.  at that point, i told them if someone dropped, just let me know and i could come in to help them.

however, after some coaching, they got it the 2nd pull and killed the core at about 45 stacks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh how I missed posting on this thread.

I just came back like a week ago since 7.0 release, already have my 6 imp to 80 336, now I decided to play my pubs with my usual way (fp till it 80 and don't touch fp unless its MM).

Play my IR 306 Gunslinger and got an Athiss pop with a 19 VG, and 2 Guardian x Shadow 336. But boy oh boy why the hell the mobs and boss agro always come to me smh.

Did BW make the game TOOOOO much easier and make people don't learn how to play their class? its just annoying but passable since SM FP is ezpz even Chiss and Nathema which I used to hate so much.