The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I've seen plenty of stupid wipes, but I've actually never had a boss enrage on me before. Am I super lucky, or is it because I play DPS as a gunslinger?

That would help, especially if your DPS is sufficient to do the work of 2 people in a hard mode flashpoint. People in decent rated gear from ops can definitely manage this.

I used to see enrage a bit in the level 50 HMs, and the 55s when they first came out. I still sometimes see it in 16 man pug ops if too many ungeared and inexperienced players are in the group - TC HM for example.

I solo some of the level 50 HMs as DPS when I want to work on achievements but can't get a group. A friend and I thought a group was in order to complete Kaon HM so we went in as heals and tank and picked up a couple of pug DPS - one was a new level 50 with 15k health, and the other was a level 55 with quite good gear. I would have thought his DPS would be sufficient to cover the lesser DPS output of the level 50. So I was quite shocked when the Rakghoul Behemoth enraged - the tank had been following mechanics so I'm not sure what the DPS were doing! The level 50 DPS got one-shot but through decent gearing the rest of us managed to stay up till he died. We shouldn't have assumed that the DPS knew what they were doing, and offered an explanation of the fight.

Changing from my usual operative to my Merc!Healer, get a HM Candi with two Merc!DPS and an Assassin!Tank.

Tank's decently geared and using all the correct moves but aggro is still being lost now and again, though no guard on anyone. I don't think much of it until we clear the bonus boss (again with a few aggro losses which sent the three of us running out of a sneaky pull-immune spot to avoid the red) and we're waiting for the elevator so I have a closer look.

Cue me going "..... did you forget your Tank stance?!"

The poor embarrassed Tank clicks their tank stance on and we finish with no issues and no further aggro loss :D

On a slightly different note... Tactical FPs when you have two or more healers and one healer decides not to DPS. At all. Just stand there at times and wait for someone to heal. Now that is starting to get on my nerves. Between Heals Over Time and the occasional AOE Heal you don't really need to do anything more heal wise so smack the enemy! Please!

I have been running a lot of KDY recently as part of leveling up both a Mara (I needed a new DPS toon; played Assassin since launch) and a PT tank.

I would like to report that news of Assassins'/Shadows' 'smashing' success with Overload has been picked up by the Juggernaut community.

I've just recently done a KDY with a ranged DPS, my Mara, and an Assassin and Juggernaut. Every.Single.Time I found myself content with a melee mob(s); if the Assassin wasn't scattering them about with Overload, the Jug was Pushing them out of my way. The rDPS had it easier, obviously.

I am quite sure it is now just trolling. I mean, can that many people be that clueless?

Knowing a Mara's 'reputation' in a PUG, I take extra pride and care in 1) following a kill order, 2) respecting CC, and 3) not leaping before the tank. But, man, KDY is really eye-opening.

My Story: Pugging 55 HM CZ Meltdown

Was a while ago but I remember it because of that terrible experience. Queued for 55 on my best geared toon, 39K HP Pt Tank. Got 2 good Dps and a sorc heal. DPS wasn't the problem here.

Got to the Vrlbther boss with the spores. On this boss, I'd created a method that stopped him from throwing me without moving very much. I call the boss to the spore by the door, explode it and run straight to the spore by the tree. Put my back to the tree and when the 1st dot runs out, I have a second spore to explode giving the group a few minutes of uninterrupted Dps, great for mDps.

Anyway, this moron sorc decides to explode the spore way too early even though I say leave it to me and tries to dps instead of heal, causing a wipe. Blames me and for the nest round, he decides he knows how to tank better than I can and basically uses his sorc pull to drag me around whenever it was off CD. He doesn't even let the dot get halfway before giving me A THREAT DROP.

Finally, kill the boss, I leave and ignore. Ran another with my guild. I have no time for idiots who always blame the tank so they don't take the blame.

TL;DR Moron sorc heal used threat drop friendly pull on tank because of own stupidity causing a previous wipe. Put me off tanking pugs for a bit.

Edited by Akheria

KDY is cattered for casual and actually dont need to have much mechanic beside hack and slash and you rarely died there unless facing the boss or aggro too many mobs at same time

so yeah... we have to accept that and you will see a bolster system in ops 16m in GF starting 2,8 , i just hope i dont see the kdy style on the ops :eek:

I've just recently done a KDY with a ranged DPS, my Mara, and an Assassin and Juggernaut. Every.Single.Time I found myself content with a melee mob(s); if the Assassin wasn't scattering them about with Overload, the Jug was Pushing them out of my way. The rDPS had it easier, obviously.

Not really if you are like me and try to stay at 25-30m. Sure sniper/gunslinger has few 35m abilities but those aren't usually enough to kill the mob.

Knowing a Mara's 'reputation' in a PUG, I take extra pride and care in 1) following a kill order, 2) respecting CC, and 3) not leaping before the tank. But, man, KDY is really eye-opening.

Yep. Same for Sentinel too. If I break CC I apologize and groups are mostly ok with it. It happens very rarely and only if my character decides to leap to CC'd target instead of target I've chosen. :D

Edited by Halinalle

KDY is cattered for casual and actually dont need to have much mechanic beside hack and slash and you rarely died there unless facing the boss or aggro too many mobs at same time

so yeah... we have to accept that and you will see a bolster system in ops 16m in GF starting 2,8 , i just hope i dont see the kdy style on the ops :eek:

If the ops bolster is temporary - and I can read that either way in the Summer 2014 Announcement - and it is just to let everyone (willing) to get a taste of endgame - fine. OK. Great. Maybe a number of folks will be like, 'damn, these ops are good stuff, I want more!' and we all win.

I used to consider the TFP almost completely positively. But now? I don't think so. They have their place, sure. But I think they are doing a 'diservice' on the whole since people are learning that dumb is normal and OK. A bolstered op? Where the healers have to heal, the tanks have to tank, and, here is the kicker, DPS has to not be stupid? Oh boy! Bolstered or not, there is only so forgiving 16-man SM (yes, even SM!) DF is going to be at Draxus (just as one example) when ... the Subteroths explode killing mDPS; ... the Dismantlers appear and tanks have to taunt off the affected DPS/Healer; ... the Corruptors need to be interrupted (or the healers go into overdrive); ... the Guardians have to be managed all whilst dealing with Draxus at the end (let alone two rounds prior). That poor player who relied on KDY to get to 50-54 is going to be in for a shock when roles become important and ALL their skills used CORRECTLY becomes vital.

Writing this, I am actually curious now. I may queue for one just to see the show. I could be pleasantly surprised, after all.

Writing this, I am actually curious now. I may queue for one just to see the show. I could be pleasantly surprised, after all.

Same here. And, if you want commendations, I think you will be forced to do the 16m gf runs...

But atleast we will get some legit gf ops stories here :D

bioware is trying to get more people to join the fun, as my surprise according to bioware as much as 35% people are playing solo in this mmorpg and treat it as KOTOR solo style game (never do heroic, fp or ops)

and also many people also may feel intimidated by even joining a pug raid or FP (my officer on old guild on jedi covenant never do ops just FP and dailies )

so maybe by trying KDY or tactical FP it encourages people to join more team play

but again i also curious how the bolster system work in ops , i also eager to see :D

That poor player who relied on KDY to get to 50-54 is going to be in for a shock when roles become important and ALL their skills used CORRECTLY becomes vital.

I'll definitely be queuing and hope that if the experience isn't good, it will at least be amusing. As it stands at the moment, 16 man story mode runs are already pretty interesting. There's the usual refusing to move out of the yellow circles on The Dread Guards in TFB (happens without fail), dropping the firebug in the middle of the raid on Thrasher (also happens without fail), and the multitude of problems pugs have with Styrak that often results in more than one wipe and people leaving the raid. There's always a few people who have no idea what to do with Operator 9, but I expect with the bolstered runs I'll be seeing a lot more of the type of run I had last week - NOBODY channeling or standing in mid for some of the phases, and people attacking the boss and not the cores throughout. Rectifiers all over the place. Would have love to have seen that lot deal with The Terror From Beyond but, alas, it was just the weekly.

To think that this could all get even worse when it's full of people whose only experience is the mess that is bolstered KDY, I am really looking forward to checking it out!

I'll definitely be queuing and hope that if the experience isn't good, it will at least be amusing. As it stands at the moment, 16 man story mode runs are already pretty interesting. There's the usual refusing to move out of the yellow circles on The Dread Guards in TFB (happens without fail), dropping the firebug in the middle of the raid on Thrasher (also happens without fail), and the multitude of problems pugs have with Styrak that often results in more than one wipe and people leaving the raid. There's always a few people who have no idea what to do with Operator 9, but I expect with the bolstered runs I'll be seeing a lot more of the type of run I had last week - NOBODY channeling or standing in mid for some of the phases, and people attacking the boss and not the cores throughout. Rectifiers all over the place. Would have love to have seen that lot deal with The Terror From Beyond but, alas, it was just the weekly.

To think that this could all get even worse when it's full of people whose only experience is the mess that is bolstered KDY, I am really looking forward to checking it out!

In other words, this thread will get a few hundred new pages in a few months? :p

The trash between trasher and infiltration will be fun then! Ooh and more sentinels who think they are tanks :p

Right. So we're going to get people with absolutely no idea how to play their class/role or what boss mechanics are (because they leveled from 15-55 by farming KDY) in a mix of lv. 10-40 gear bolstered to 25k life in a 16man pug run.

Yeah, best idea ever BW ;)

The trash between trasher and infiltration will be fun then! Ooh and more sentinels who think they are tanks :p

I would really like to see the infiltration itself :D

Edit: 8man TFB SM. 1. small boss. Marauder Tank. True story.

Edited by CheaterLL

In other words, this thread will get a few hundred new pages in a few months? :p

I'm a sentinel who think he is tank and I'm offended :p:rak_04::p;)

/sarcasm off

I've successfully tanked plenty on my marauder. The actual tank tunnel visions one enemy (wit the other DPS) while I tank everything else in a desperate attempt to keep things off the healer. I then get thanked for my tanking at the end of the fp.

New story, I'll keep it short. Czerka Labs SM (!). 2 Tanks, 2 DPS, not bad, not great. The Powertech tank thinks he's ranged and stays out of melee range, using things like Missile blast and Unload, causing me on my Jugg to take over tanking after the 3rd or so pull because it took forever.

We get to the Security boss. Oh my god. The fight, simple as it is, TOOK US MORE THAN 8 MINUTES! :eek:

He got to his "Rocket Launcher of Doom" phase at 45% HP, used it to kill both DPS and left me pseudo-soloing the rest of the fight, because our ranged tank did so little DPS.

Good god. I don't even understand how that happens. :mad:

On a slightly different note... Tactical FPs when you have two or more healers and one healer decides not to DPS. At all. Just stand there at times and wait for someone to heal. Now that is starting to get on my nerves. Between Heals Over Time and the occasional AOE Heal you don't really need to do anything more heal wise so smack the enemy! Please!

Whenever I see we have another healer and I am on my op healer I usually give them the option to heal or dps. Most chose dps, so they can mess around a bit for a run. Every now and then I will get some lvl 15 that insists on healing, even though I have access to much more of my healing tree.

One of the few times I have ever quit KDY was like that, the other three were all in the same guild and they wiped on a decently easy pull. I wasn't really looking at health bars so when they went down I just dropped combat with stealth. I asked the healer if he wanted to switch to dps and let me keep his guildies up and he began all caps screaming that we need to slow down and let him bubble everyone before each pull.

I figured if it was going to yell at it's guild mates like that the rest of the run would be equally annoying and dropped.

I've successfully tanked plenty on my marauder. The actual tank tunnel visions one enemy (wit the other DPS) while I tank everything else in a desperate attempt to keep things off the healer. I then get thanked for my tanking at the end of the fp.

Cool story! And I've successfully tanked plenty on my heal spec'd Sorc when the tank and dps tunnel trash. But no one ever thanks me :)

Edited by tharbison

Now that 16 manned opses become even more accessible I fear that SWTOR will dumb down even further in the future :(

AND you don't get ultimates from 8m SM, which makes it practically useless. Now these people who need bolster just to be able to touch the boss will be getting ults every time they run an op, even though 8m is harder :mad:

That said, this will be fun, in a way. Can't wait to try it :p

Edited by FrozenGoalie

ran into a disturbing new trend yesterday. At least, I sincerely hope its not going to be a trend.

Did all the pieces/shrouds last stand first, which went extremely well. I mean, so well that both runs were over in less than 30 mins. People who done those before should know that those runs can take the entire afternoon if you are unlucky. So naturally, I was pretty psyched up afterwards. To use a Star Wars quote: I felt like I could take on the whole Empire myself.

I decided to queue for a flashpoint immediately afterwards. Big, big mistake.

Very soon I got a pop for Korriban incursion. Me on sniper, juggernaut tank, sorcerer heals and marauder dps. In other words: a perfect trinity group.

Run started pretty uneventful, up until we got to the second boss (the droid). The sorcerer and marauder died fairly fast from circles, and the rest of the fight its just me and the Jugg, with me running around like crazy for the heal stations. We end up wiping at 10% health or so.

The Jugg immediately ragequits with the following words: **** this, Im not going to waste my time with clueless idiots. Well I agree the sorc and mara were not the sharpest tools in the box, but to ragequit like that after a single wipe, thats just moronic. Anyways, someone requeues and we get a dps sorc replacement fairly soon.

We try the droid boss again. I have aggro for the entire fight, even with me spamming countermeasures the entire time its off cooldown. Which kinda annoyed me. Normally those damn marauders love to steal aggro from the tank, and when there is no tank I end up with the one who cant take aggro from a countermeasures spamming sniper. Well whatever, we end up killing the droid with me dying at 5% boss health because our healer sorc is really a dpser.

And now comes the disturbing part. The others loot the boss, and dive straight into the next pull, without reviving me. My jaw just drops. No way in hell I was going to retreat (douchebaggery should not be encouraged)

they kill the pull with 3 people, and afterwards one of the sorcs decides to come back to revive me (I could hear him sigh lol, it was very clear his opinion was that reviving a teammate was a waste of his precious time). The sorc then spend 30 seconds or so waiting next to my corpse because the other two had already pulled the next group of mobs I was literally facepalming myself at this point.

After I got finally revived I couldnt resist making a sarcastic comment. I said: Is this a new trend or something? Not even taking the time to revive a fallen teammate? No response.

We work our way to the final boss. At the final pull just before the boss door, the marauder manages to get himself killed. After all the mobs were dead, both sorcs just ignored the dead marauder and clicked the door. I toyed with the thought to ignore him as well and let him run back all the way from the start (the marauder did the same thing with me after all at the droid boss) but I decided to be the bigger man and gave him a rez.

He just got up and walked to the door. No thank you or whatever.

Final boss was fairly uneventful. I toyed with the thought to make a comment about their douchebaggery and that they would all go on ignore, but I was like mwa, run is over, just bail without wasting any more breath on it.

On a side note: I won the speeder, a relic case and a exotic element equalizer, so I basically cleaned out the instance lol. Guess patience and being the bigger man is rewarded sometimes :)

I really hope I just ended up in a group of douchebags and not taking the time to revive a fallen teammate is not becoming a new trend in flashpoints. It is impolite and not to mention retarded. You are not saving time by letting someone walk back all the way from the entrance. Even a three year old can guess that giving someone a revive is faster than letting someone walk back from the start.:rolleyes:

Edited by bob-a

Today, I was with my Vanguard DPS in a Heroic 4 on Hoth in a group of 4 people. I usually do these heroics in smaller groups, but we were somehow lucky to get everyone within 2 minutes. We not only had a healer, we had a "tank" as well.

This tank was a guardian, properly geared and at a proper level. I inspected his gear later on, so I know he even had the right tank gear. He had the right stance and was leaping into enemies as first without any delay. There was no doubt, he was a tank.

Well we all know that some tanks are not able to hold aggro on more mobs than one. This tank not only did not hold aggro on the group, he was constantly losing aggro to me on the mob he was hitting. I have no idea what he was doing, but that was the first time I saw a "real tank" losing aggro on the mob he was fighting. Hell, even the ninja-stealing dps queuing as a tank I met yesterday (we kicked him after the second more difficult fight, as within two fights only, everyone in the group died once) was holding aggro on 1 mob. :rak_02:

I met that guy again later on in KDY. He dropped the group after the first conversation without saying anything.

bioware is trying to get more people to join the fun, as my surprise according to bioware as much as 35% people are playing solo in this mmorpg and treat it as KOTOR solo style game (never do heroic, fp or ops)

and also many people also may feel intimidated by even joining a pug raid or FP (my officer on old guild on jedi covenant never do ops just FP and dailies )

so maybe by trying KDY or tactical FP it encourages people to join more team play

but again i also curious how the bolster system work in ops , i also eager to see :D

Only 35% solo players is very good! Wildstar is 60% solo players, and that is more typical of the industry.

I personally mostly solo with a smattering of tacticals tossed in for the weeklies. For me standard flashpoints are stressful, so I don't do them for fear of intolerant people. I don't memorize routes or fights quickly. My rotations aren't perfect and my reaction times are, at best, average. Even though I often play tanks, I really hate leading.

The increased rewards and boosted healing & absorbing sound very tempting to me, but I don't know that it will be enough to overcome my fear of ops. I would like to see the stories though :( Unfortunately fear tends to win out over desire. I know I need to find an active, friendly guild that will put up with my inexperience and altohaulic ways, but that brings up more anxieties :eek: (If you know of such a guild on Pot5 let me know!)