The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

In flashpoints, I don't see that there is an excuse for not explaining if the person has been considerate enough to admit their lack of experience. Most fights can be summed up in a couple of sentences, and the group is so small that everyone will be disadvantaged if they don't offer this information.

Word that.

I have fond memories of pre-2.0 HM Directive 7, having to explain the Mentor fight to newbies...the way I learned it was basically:

"Stay out of circles, interrupt & kill the big turrets when they pop up, blow up the cores and their little turrets when they overheat, kill the core guardian, kite the claw, save your defensive cooldowns for the green stuff at the end, oh and don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds."

Which is pretty much how I explained it to any newbies I ran with. Amazingly, most people seem to pick up on it fairly well.

I didn't remember about one boss and his melee AoE (which should be interruptable despite my interrupt not working).

Lord Vanithrast's "Spinning Strikes" attack is uninterruptible, but there's no visible buff for that I don't think. Just run out of it.

During the last double xp weekend I was levelling with my friend and we ended up in a situation that was pretty damn hilarious! Well we were in Kuat, me and my friend as DPS and other 2 players tank and healer. Pretty soon we noticed that there were something really weird with our tank. 1st he wasn't in tanking form and 2nd when we asked him to shield my friend as she was getting aggro all the time he put a SHIELD MARKER :eek: on her!!!!

I understand that is was double xp but still, come on ppl! Have to say that we had pretty good laugh in TS :rolleyes:

At least it was kuat so we finished it with 3dps and a healer.

I decided to level a Gunslinger since I already had an Operative and try something new. Finished Ord Mantell, and like always, I would do a few Esseles before going to Coruscant for some exp and social points. First 2 runs went great and met some nice ppls. The third run was like this:

Guard - Know what he was doing

Scoundrel - fight in cover from 30m range...

Vanguard - also fight in 30m range, including using pluse cannon at 30m...

Me- Slinger

I was fine with the scoundrel and vanguard since the guardian knew what he was doing and it's Esseles. Half way thro and the kick box alert thing popped up, with the reason blanks. I saw the it was the guardian who started the vote and I was wondering who he wants to kick. To my surprise, he wants to kick me. Ask him why he want me kicked, but by the time he replied, the vote already went thro. Apparently his brother was gonna join the run. So, I used the 25 sec before I get teleport back to fleet to tell him that "yep, kick the guy who know what he doing, yet keep the 2 who don't".

Long story short, Esseles is as bad as KDY.

I love pugging flashpoints on impside. There's always so much drama and crazy people, almost every GF pop guarantees a good story. Here's the latest one:

Cademimu HM. I'm on my healer sorc. GF pops, me and two deeps zone in. Tank's health is dropping and it's obivious he's doing dailies or whatever. I say "hi" and follow it up with "i'd like to do the bonus too". No replies. Not even a "hello". Two minutes later, the tank states he'll be joining as soon as he hands in the quest rewards. Thinking I'll have their attention now, I repeat my desire to do bonus and ask if everyone's okay with it. Tank zones in a few minutes later and by this time 10 minute have passed and we're still at the starting platform. I get guard :rolleyes: tank starts moving. I ask for bonus a third time.

No replies.

We start clearing and, seeing as I'm guarded, I pull a group of mobs. They go down fast. I pull another group the tank ignored. They too go down fast but this time tank says "*** U DOIN". I say I'm pulling mobs so that we have enough kills to activate the bonus.

Tank: We're not doing bonus.

DPS1: I don't do bonus.

DPS2: LOL BONUS

Seeing as how they've wasted 15 minutes of my time and tried to hoax me into doing a run without a bonus by ignoring my questions, I politely ask to be vote kicked. One DPS fires it up, but the other two are deliberatly ignoring the votekick in hopes in blackmailing me to come on a run wihout bonus. Abuse starts when the kick fails and I'm still not moving from my position. Twenty+ minutes after the initial GF pop and loads of abuse later, they finally realise I can't be blackmailed and hoaxed so they votekick me. Three people on ignore, next GF pops - Cademimu with bonus. gg

You do realize that this you are "the drama and crazy people" for this one story, right?

Ignoring a 3v1 vote for not doing bonus, and pulling stuff before tank just because of said bonus that no1 wanted to do apart from yourself, makes you one of " the weird people you meet in the gf " gratz :p

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

You do realize that this you are "the drama and crazy people" for this one story, right?

Ignoring a 3v1 vote for not doing bonus, and pulling stuff before tank just because of said bonus that no1 wanted to do apart from yourself, makes you one of " the weird people you meet in the gf " gratz :p

You've GOT to be kidding me.

The tank takes 10 minutes to zone in, while slafko patiently waits. He asks several times to do the bonus, everyone ignores him. Suddenly the group doesn't want to do the bonus, slafko ASKS to be vote-kicked (so he doesn't get a lockout). The group then refuses to kick him.

And somehow, you think slafko is in the wrong? Did you misunderstand what happened or something?

If you wasted 10 minutes of someone else's time, ignored them in chat, were nasty to another player wanting to do the bonus, refused to kick that player (so they could re-queue), then you would be the turd in the story, not him.

Edited by Khevar

You've GOT to be kidding me.

The tank takes 10 minutes to zone in, while slafko patiently waits. He asks several times to do the bonus, everyone ignores him. Suddenly the group doesn't want to do the bonus, slafko ASKS to be vote-kicked (so he doesn't get a lockout). The group then refuses to kick him.

And somehow, you think slafko is in the wrong? Did you misunderstand what happened or something?

If you wasted 10 minutes of someone else's time, ignored them in chat, were nasty to another player wanting to do the bonus, refused to kick that player (so they could re-queue), then you would be the turd in the story, not him.

Some points of general pugs knowledge:

1)most cases of " no reply " in chat usually means " no, and cba to argue over it " , but nvm that.

2)you see group attempting to skip stuff, you don't go and deliberately pull it anyways, which is exactly what the slafko person ( which wasn't even the tank ) did, and unsuprisingly, tank got mad.

3)in a 4 man group, if 3 say no bonus then, maths-wise, the bonus gets skipped. ( oh and btw if you stick around in a fp for sometime, you can quit and re-enter straight away without requesting the boot )

4) you don't hold up an entire group for one's needs, specially after pt.2 and 3, trying to impose yourself over the group despite 3 out of 4 of the group saying ( or showing ) that they didn't want to do bonus.

a little side-note of mine: 69 is now basically redundant gear, all that argument over a piece of it, just wasn't worth doing all that arguing, imo

1)most cases of " no reply " in chat usually means " no, and cba to argue over it " , but nvm that.

Last time I checked, no reply in the chat despite speaking the language always means being rude. Especially after you let someone wait for you for 10 minutes.

As for the rest of your post... I am not sure we read the same slafko's post, because I cannot see the things you described in that post.

... trying to impose yourself over the group ...

Here's the problem. You somehow think that politely asking to do a bonus, waiting 10 minutes for the tank to zone in, then asking to be kicked from the group when it became apparent they DIDN'T want to do the bonus is "imposing".

On the contrary, that is actually rather polite behavior. When he realized his desires didn't coincide with the group, he wanted to join another group that did.

"Imposing" happened when the tank refused to vote-kick him, forcing the other player to either accept the group finder lockout, or skip the bonus against their will.

I never heard of such a rule. Neither I, nor anyone I know follows this rule. If we don't answer someone in a chat it is either: 1. we don't understand what he is asking and waiting for someone who might know to answer 2. we weren't able to read it (usually because of all the other crap that clogs up the chat) 3. we are having problems responding in chat, in which case I would pm instead.

3)in a 4 man group, if 3 say no bonus then, maths-wise, the bonus gets skipped. ( oh and btw if you stick around in a fp for sometime, you can quit and re-enter straight away without requesting the boot )

Actually, the only votes that matter are the tank and healer, in normal cases, tank vote outweighs healer, in this case, with the tank being late and all ...

4) you don't hold up an entire group for one's needs, specially after pt.2 and 3, trying to impose yourself over the group despite 3 out of 4 of the group saying ( or showing ) that they didn't want to do bonus.

He asked 3 times. If they had a problem with it they should've said something in the beginning instead of wasting his time.

a little side-note of mine: 69 is now basically redundant gear, all that argument over a piece of it, just wasn't worth doing all that arguing, imo

You get 2 elite comms for just getting the bonus, you don't even have to fight the boss. The only place it might not be worth it is athiss since you have to fight those champs, but even then it doesn't take long.

Actually, the only votes that matter are the tank and healer, in normal cases, tank vote outweighs healer, in this case, with the tank being late and all ...

The only point I disagree on.

Tanks and healers are 'rare' for forming PUGs; not the dictators of what the PUG does. They may hold a bit of coercive force due to their rarity, but that is neither proper to do nor does it grant them a right to dictate. Douchey-tank is douchey just as derpy-DPS is derpy.

Pretty soon we noticed that there were something really weird with our tank. 1st he wasn't in tanking form and 2nd when we asked him to shield my friend as she was getting aggro all the time he put a SHIELD MARKER :eek: on her!!!!

Hahaha, that is priceless!

Pretty soon we noticed that there were something really weird with our tank. 1st he wasn't in tanking form and 2nd when we asked him to shield my friend as she was getting aggro all the time he put a SHIELD MARKER :eek: on her!!!!

Lolwut.

So I took my Powertech into a 55HM as a tank for the first time tonight. Got Czerka Corporate Labs, with a well-geared Op healer, a decently-geared Advanced Prototype PT, and a somewhat undergeared Lethality Sniper. We had one wipe on the Infiltrator Droid where he enraged at 26% health left and we managed to get him down to 2% before he killed us all. The second try, he only enraged at 10%, so we were able to down him, although only one of the DPS survived the whole thing.

Impressively, we had no further deaths and finished the run like a quartet of bawsses.

You do realise you've completely and utterly missed the point and have no idea what you're talking about, right? :)

I have spent 20 minutes politely waiting for a reply. When they finally answered me and the answer wasn't along the lines of my wishes I asked to get votekicked. Not to hold them hostage or twist their arms into bending to my will, but to spare myself from a 15-minute lockout wich would result in 35 minutes of wasted time. Since I haven't done anything wrong, I felt that the punishment of a lockout was not deserved. That's the reason I asked for a votekick.

You do realise that this is just another proof of how you have no idea what you're talking about, right? :)

Pro tip: It's not about the gear or two additional elite comms. It's about the achievement. hf

I have spent 20 minutes politely waiting for a reply. When they finally answered me and the answer wasn't along the lines of my wishes I asked to get votekicked. Not to hold them hostage or twist their arms into bending to my will,

Pulling the mobs that 3 people out of a 4-man group are skipping, does sound a little bit like it :p

Pro-tip : after sticking around a bit in a fp, don't know if it's triggered by a certain number of killed mobs or time spent in the said fp, but one can quit without incurring in the lockout penalty :)

[i think everyone in the thread is now familiar with this one]

Was the Tank rude to make you wait? Yes. Were the DPS rude for not voicing their lack of will to do the bonus early? Yes. Was the Healer (original poster) rude for expecting the other three to do what they wanted and pulling skipped groups? Yes.

No one was blame free in that group. All of those things belong in this thread, so to see them all in the same FP is a little bit hilarious :p

Now, my latest WPYMIGF group...

Me on my darling Scoundrel!Healer, get paired with a well-geared Shadow!Tank I've run with before, a DPS!Sentinel, and a DPS!Guardian. Say the howdy howdys and off we go into HM Czerka Labs.

I notice early that the trash was taking a while to down, but the Sentinel and Guardian were in average gear so I didn't dwell on it again for another few pulls, until I got the feeling we were moving just too slow. Checked them, gear was fine, buffs were up... oh, Guardian has no stance. Point it out and he clicks it on and apologises.

Smooth run after? If only. We reach the first boss, the droid in the electrified water, and the first thing I notice is the Sentinel doesn't move out of the water. Or he does then runs around the outside for a good ten seconds after the water becomes clear. Tank and Guardian are dealing with the adds so they don't slaughter me but despite my attempts the Sentinel dies. Before I can stealth rez (I wasn't going to waste my combat rez) he rezzes back to the start, runs back in, stays in the next bout of electric water and dies again.

It doesn't stop there. He rezzes back to the start, again, and starts running back. Somehow he dies on the way there (I still don't know how, it wasn't a fall to the bottom else I'd have seen him) so another rezz, another run back.

By this stage the boss is just under 40% and enrages. Thankfully the Shadow is one of the best I've run with and the Guardian, despite his earlier moment of fail, knows his tricks, so we slowly wail down the boss and the adds while the Sentinel does... whatever he's doing. Guardian dies when boss is below 10% so I use my combat rez and we finish the droid off.

I was assuming the Sentinel was used to the fluffier, SM version of the FP so I quickly point out the differences as we move ahead to the next boss, Chief Zokar. Needless to say, the fight progresses until he's throwing out the red circles of death, one of which destroys the Sentinel. Again, he rezzes, runs backs, and then is surprised the door is closed locking him out... so again the three of us keep wailing away until the Chief is down.

No deaths on the final boss, though unless someone releases all the Flesh Raiders at once it's a terribly easy fight.

Was the Healer (original poster) rude for expecting the other three to do what they wanted and pulling skipped groups?

No, because his group consisted of 3 chat mutes that didn't express their opinion untill after that happened. If you don't say anything, neither pro nor contra, how would he know? Slafko even asked 3 times, and after they told him they wouldn't do bonus offered them to kick him. 3 times is twice too many, and he never got a response.

Aside from that, the fact that the group spent several minutes trying to force him to do it regardless makes me wonder why slafko's getting more hate than his group :rolleyes:

I am tank and I choose what we kill. It works like that, if you have problem with it - leave. My companion will fill roll of you without a problem, hell, they can all leave and I'll solo fp.

Is it fair? Probably not. How to change it? Roll tank and choose what you do and how you do it.

I am tank and I choose what we kill. It works like that, if you have problem with it - leave. My companion will fill roll of you without a problem, hell, they can all leave and I'll solo fp.

Is it fair? Probably not. How to change it? Roll tank and choose what you do and how you do it.

Lol.

Seriously, do us a favor and do all the flashpoints solo, if you think you can. I do no think anyone wants to do flaspoints with people having your attitude.

Lol.

Seriously, do us a favor and do all the flashpoints solo, if you think you can. I do no think anyone wants to do flaspoints with people having your attitude.

I know the feeling...

DPS1: "Tank, pull now!"

DPS2: "What he said!"

1s later DPS1 jumps to nearest group and starts "tanking"

It doesn't stop there. He rezzes back to the start, again, and starts running back. Somehow he dies on the way there (I still don't know how, it wasn't a fall to the bottom else I'd have seen him) so another rezz, another run back.

Slight off-topic here: if the droid uses his pull on you while you are in the upper levels, it's instant death. I learned it the hard way when a group of three speedrunners started the fight literally a second after I picked Security Key Beta (yes, Beta - the three of them jumped all the way down after picking Alpha, climbed back up to get Delta, and waited for me to pick Beta).

Lol.

I'm quite friendly, always helping new players, talling them tactics etc. Just finished doing mandalorian raiders with merc - 18k hp. All green gear. And we didn't have problem killing anything. It may take longer time, but it is not problem carrying him.

Don't know why you so offended by my post, it is just how things are in the game. Tanks decide what they are going to kill, it is always like that. When I quee as dps, I follow tank, simple.

I quee because I know there are people in quee who want to do them and who are waiting for tank . Seriously, I can just take dps friend and burst through them couple times faster then people who are gearing themself.

So, if tank goes in and decides he will kill every boss for achievement (lets say Kaon or LI or FE or Boarding Party or any fp that has bonus), and lets say one dps is against it, how do you think issue should be resolved? Who should back down?

Just to mention, if I would ever experience situation where three players are against doing full run and I'm only one for it - I would just leave. No point in making them do it, and no point that I waste my time. Still, never seen such a thing.

As I said, it goes tank > healer > dps. Always will. Why you so offended by the fact that tank decides is beyond my understanding.

So, if tank goes in and decides he will kill every boss for achievement (lets say Kaon or LI or FE or Boarding Party or any fp that has bonus), and lets say one dps is against it, how do you think issue should be resolved? Who should back down?

Tank?

Why?

- "DPS is always right"

- In most groups healer has someone from their guild as dps (easy way to votekick tank)