Gender Changes in Barber Shop

mhobin

What class are you playing? If i remember correctly that is part of the IA story. Like star trek. Regardless of the gender you always say "Sir" to a commanding officer.

Well then I stand corrected if what you say is true! It was the IA story, thank you for clearing that up for me! I semi-thought this when I played through but was not really sure if that was their intention and assumed wrong myself it would seem. I give you props in my original post. Thanks again!

Cheers!

Edited by Master_Nate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What class are you playing? If i remember correctly that is part of the IA story. Like star trek. Regardless of the gender you always say "Sir" to a commanding officer.

It seems especially true in the Empire that there are little to no specifically gendered titles or forms of address (beyond pronouns) and that's something that I really rather appreciate about the writing in this game. I guess that's partly why I'm so surprised to hear that there is gender specific dialogue and moments outside of the [Flirt] options.

• 4 weeks later...
Character customization will not allow for players to switch their gender. Although this seems like a simple appearance change there are a lot of factors tied to gender in our game. Gender affects everything from gear selection all the way to companion romance and dialogue choices throughout the game.

Hope that answers your question!

Since we're on the topic of changing our characters, are there any updates regarding the "one Character, Guild, or Legacy name change per month" that was advertised on the site some time ago? It seems like a name change service would go in perfect tandem with the ability to change our character's appearance.

I imagine changing from male to female at the barber shop would be a heck of a lot easier than female to male....

/justsayin'

Don't even get me started, but... it's totes easier in the SWTOR Universe. Vat grow that stuff.

hope they never add a gender change option. I hate that they are adding species changes. These are two choices that people should live with. Thankfully there is no gender change option for the BS when it goes live later this year. Seriously, you played your character all the way to 50 and suddenly you want to change the gender? No. Just no. ]

Geez, why do you care what others spend CC on? It doesn't affect you at all.

I can't remember the last time I traveled faster than the speed of light.

Because you wouldn't see it... lol.

Nah but really you haven't. Lightspeed is the speed of light, not faster than it. Ludicrous speed on the other hand...

• 5 months later...
So is that "always no, forever and ever" or "Soon"?

Any updates on this? Is this a hard no? Is it in the works as a paid feature or cartel points? I think it would satisfy the community and also generate additional revenue for Bioware. Make it happen devs. I'm tired of people saying it can't be done due to romance companions and what not-we don't care.

Any updates from a Dev on this please?

Edited by Master_Khyven

Any updates on this? Is this a hard no? Is it in the works as a paid feature or cartel points? I think it would satisfy the community and also generate additional revenue for Bioware. Make it happen devs. I'm tired of people saying it can't be done due to romance companions and what not-we don't care.

Any updates from a Dev on this please?

NEEEECCCCCRRRRROOOO!!!!

And yes - there was a dev response on the bottom of page 2. To save you a trip - it's a hard no. They will not allow it because of all the other elements in the game that are tied to character gender.

There is no reason a max level shouldnt be able to change gender for instance i wish to make my gfs females into dudes

eric made a post about how gender is not just an appearance, but a lot of code goes into it - available armor, quest dialogue options, and all the romance options - so it isn't something they are currently looking into making available.