Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

Keffeine

I dont think so as the only way for people under 45 to get to Illum was to buy legacy fast travel to Blackhole then take the shuttle to Ilum, it's obvious Bioware over looked this and people took advantage of it. Now their fixing it and the exploiters are QQ'ing about it...

But a level requirement on the legacy fast travel to Blackhole (Level 45++ only) and implement something like Kubernetic suggested and problem solved. :cool:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still have 2-3 more weekends of double xp to hit 50, if you can't hit 50 with those double XP weekends then I'm not sure what to tell you....

Not speaking to this poster but in general I love how players complain about Bioware fixing an exploit in their game.... It's rather ridiculous to think Bioware was going to let you level a new toon to 50 in 2 days...

But it isn't ridiculous to think that they were going to let you level a new toon to 50 in 6 days over three weekends?

Is there a significant difference?

I dont think so as the only way for people under 45 to get to Illum was to buy legacy fast travel to Blackhole then take the shuttle to Ilum, it's obvious Bioware over looked this and people took advantage of it. Now their fixing it and the exploiters are QQ'ing about it...

But they had already known about low-level players being able to get to Ilum for many, many months. This was all pored over during the Ilum chest camping bot fiasco last year.

They just "forgot"?

Every day I get closer to submitting a resumé to Austin... LOL

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on this now that I have all of the information in place.

First, we are not considering this an exploit so anyone who had fear of action being taken against their characters, etc, should not be afraid. We will not be doing anything to players who used the Ilum pylons to get to 50.

I will say that player ingenuity never ceases to amaze us all. This was not a part of the intended design of the Gree event running simultaneous to the Double XP Weekends. Due to this, we are going to be having a maintenance later this week to deploy a fix to this issue.

I wanted to talk a bit about the fix itself since it will mix up things on Ilum temporarily. Our immediate fix to this issue is that for the time being, we are going to disable bolster on Ilum. This will have a couple of different affects.

• Low level characters will no longer be treated as level 50 in regards to experience. They will now have the normal experience penalties associated to grouping with a player of a higher level. Meaning those players will now gain little to no experience when grouped.
  • Players who are levels 45-49 will have a slightly harder time completing some Gree event quests as they are no longer bolstered to level 50.

I want to again reiterate that this is only a temporary solution. We are continuing to investigate the issue and intend to have a more permanent solution in place before the Gree event returns.

-eric

NOOOO!!!!! I just now found out about this and only used it to gain 4 levels :(

NOOOO!!!!! I just now found out about this and only used it to gain 4 levels :(

And this is why it's an exploit. It was not intended and gave a select few an advantage not commonly known by ingame means.

But it isn't ridiculous to think that they were going to let you level a new toon to 50 in 6 days over three weekends?

Is there a significant difference?

One big difference would likely be that they wanted to offer you better exp for a limited time, as incentive to do the content designed and intended for your level - Not exploit that bonus by working around the system and ignoring that content alltogether.

But the biggest significant difference is probably the fact that this was not common knowledge, and thereby gave a select few a personal advantage during the 2 x Exp weekend.

If anything is ridiculus, it would be to think that they would allow a chosen few to level a new toon to 50 in a few days by abusing their system, while those using the weekend as it was intended had to spend many more hours gaining the same levels.

QFT...

OP you have Snowflake syndrome much? Or just a need to dictate to everyone else how to play the game? :rolleyes:

i play for my own expeicance and could care less how anyone else plays.. It took me till about my 3rd lvl 50 character before I really started to mold into what i would call an expeianced player whick has enriched my playing expeiance. I love the game! :)

I will say that player ingenuity never ceases to amaze us all. This was not a part of the intended design of the Gree event running simultaneous to the Double XP Weekends. Due to this, we are going to be having a maintenance later this week to deploy a fix to this issue.

-eric

Translates as 'We wish we had known this would happen so we could have found a way to charge CC for it' :)

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on this now that I have all of the information in place.

First, we are not considering this an exploit so anyone who had fear of action being taken against their characters, etc, should not be afraid. We will not be doing anything to players who used the Ilum pylons to get to 50.

I wanted to talk a bit about the fix itself since it will mix up things on Ilum temporarily. Our immediate fix to this issue is that for the time being, we are going to disable bolster on Ilum. This will have a couple of different affects.

• Low level characters will no longer be treated as level 50 in regards to experience. They will now have the normal experience penalties associated to grouping with a player of a higher level. Meaning those players will now gain little to no experience when grouped.
  • Players who are levels 45-49 will have a slightly harder time completing some Gree event quests as they are no longer bolstered to level 50.

I want to again reiterate that this is only a temporary solution. We are continuing to investigate the issue and intend to have a more permanent solution in place before the Gree event returns.

-eric

So INSTEAD of taking actions against people using cheats and bots AND FIXING the BIND ON PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gree event speeder, you destroyed the one and only different way to level alts.

So if you think people will level their other characters by DOING THE SAME quests over and over again and by doing 5 (1 year and we got ONLY 2 more warzones!!!!!!!!!!) WARZONES you are really mistaken. And the quests except the first two planets are - go from point A to point B, while in the meantime TRAVELLING HUGE AMOUNT OF EMPTY SPACE (NPCS JUST STAND DOING NOTHING) to reach the quest goal.

What will happen, most of the people will start the bots for space missions and will level while not at home.

And what can you do about that - nothing, because the space missions are sooo bad implemented and i havent seen that kind of implementation since i played Cyberia 15 years ago.

So ban me? I dont care anymore.

SWTOR Launcher:

"Level faster and boost your characters"

Whiners:

"OMG PEOPLE ARE BOOSTING ON ILLUM! THEY'RE GETTING XP FASTER THAN ME! REMOVE THE BOLSTER!"

Although we get a double xp boost, and use it to it's full potential, there will still be people who complain.

I love how they waited until today to remove it. They clearly weren't that concerned about it. That was why I went ahead and farmed it yesterday lol.

honestly...there is a part of me think that they dont really care about the ilum farm groups. they said they were gonna patch it , so the "morally high" players would shut up :p

honestly...there is a part of me think that they dont really care about the ilum farm groups. they said they were gonna patch it , so the "morally high" players would shut up :p

God...I HOPE they would be that clever. I HOPE this is exactly what they did...I have my doubts, but I really hope they left it intentionally :)

God...I HOPE they would be that clever. I HOPE this is exactly what they did...I have my doubts, but I really hope they left it intentionally :)

that what i wouldve done. i dont see it as a problem, then why should i waste time on something that im gonna remove on monday or tuesday when the event is suppose to end

Translates as 'We wish we had known this would happen so we could have found a way to charge CC for it' :)

That's the first thing that crossed my mind, as I dropped cartel coins for the bh pass to get to ilum on multiple lowbies. Can't buy the pass with credits....but you can with cartel coins. :rolleyes:

Well, if this is patched by the patch that's patching the patch, guess I won't spend any more cartel coins this weekend on any more lowbies.;)

No because Illum is a lvl 50 world and bolster was designed for 45+ through their own statement. Anyone below that has no leveling business there, just looting chests if they can get to them.

yup. the planet might wear out if too many people go there...of course the 50's need to be banned from opening chests on planets lower than 50.

people under 45 have these things called space ships.

So INSTEAD of taking actions against people using cheats and bots AND FIXING the BIND ON PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gree event speeder, you destroyed the one and only different way to level alts.

So if you think people will level their other characters by DOING THE SAME quests over and over again and by doing 5 (1 year and we got ONLY 2 more warzones!!!!!!!!!!) WARZONES you are really mistaken. And the quests except the first two planets are - go from point A to point B, while in the meantime TRAVELLING HUGE AMOUNT OF EMPTY SPACE (NPCS JUST STAND DOING NOTHING) to reach the quest goal.

What will happen, most of the people will start the bots for space missions and will level while not at home.

And what can you do about that - nothing, because the space missions are sooo bad implemented and i havent seen that kind of implementation since i played Cyberia 15 years ago.

So ban me? I dont care anymore.

Wait, so WZs, Flashpoints and Questing aren't all different ways of levelling up?

Hey folks,

-eric

So correct me if I'm wrong but this patch/fix was supposed to be taking away the powerlevel stuff from Ilum. Why then, are so many low level people on Ilum STILL doing it? From what I am hearing is that just bolster was removed, but xp gains are still the same; still hearing getting 13 levels in 7 hours. So what you guys really did was just make it so an ops group of lvl 24's cant do it, but an ops group of 3 50's and the rest 24's can do it. In essence you really didn't fix anything did you? So either your fix needs a fix (which is pointless at this point) or you never wanted to fix it in the first place.

So, wait. What you're saying is that this is not considered an exploit for anyone who already did it, but you're going to fix it so that no one else can. That seems like a contradiction to me, Eric.

If it's not an exploit, leave it alone. If it is, fix it and take action against the players that used it.

:cool:

before the Fix my 47 had a hard time with the Gee event any way so idea what they are saying, I had no idea this was even poss ... ;p

So correct me if I'm wrong but this patch/fix was supposed to be taking away the powerlevel stuff from Ilum. Why then, are so many low level people on Ilum STILL doing it? From what I am hearing is that just bolster was removed, but xp gains are still the same; still hearing getting 13 levels in 7 hours. So what you guys really did was just make it so an ops group of lvl 24's cant do it, but an ops group of 3 50's and the rest 24's can do it. In essence you really didn't fix anything did you? So either your fix needs a fix (which is pointless at this point) or you never wanted to fix it in the first place.

With double xp weekends and experience buffs, 1 level every 30 minutes doesn't seem too extraordinary. I certainly did that myself on my Bounty Hunter on Saturday through questing.

With double xp weekends and experience buffs, 1 level every 30 minutes doesn't seem too extraordinary. I certainly did that myself on my Bounty Hunter on Saturday through questing.

You will find....what am I talking about....you already know (LOL), that most people that complain on these boards really have little information of what they are complaining about. They usually grab a sound bite of something, then extrapolate, exaggerate and bloviate their reaction based on that.