Erked.

Levity

I don't see it as jumping on the band wagon far after. I mean sure, the stuff from the CM has been taking over the GTN bit by bit for months now. This CM Rep vendor thing and the mention of more CM Rep tracks to be added just reinforced that fact and showed me that BW have no intention of spending any time or money on anything that they cannot charge extra for.

Who wants to bet that when they finally do add new crafting schematics they put them in a CM pack? That seems to be where their thinking is.

And BTW, I was on a 6 month sub. When I last resubbed the CM was just a trickle. There was still hope. Now it's a waterfall and there is none. So, I think I'm jumping on the band wagon at exactly the right time.

:cool:

I honestly can forgive and forget the impact to crafting. I can ignore the CRC Reputation track (the don't show "not started" feature helps). But the Cartel Market achievements on the PTS are a bit too far.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can forgive and forget the impact to crafting. I can ignore the CRC Reputation track (the don't show "not started" feature helps). But the Cartel Market achievements on the PTS are a bit too far.

There's even achievements for it on PTS? Aw that's lame.

Swtor Pay2win, coming soon .

Just wait and see, with the amount of ppl defending this new development direction and the guys throwing money at EA to gamble for "fluff". It won't take long until EA makes bioware do more of this, i see in your future you paying to increase the weekly caps on comms. =)

Swtor Pay2win, coming soon .

Just wait and see, with the amount of ppl defending this new development direction and the guys throwing money at EA to gamble for "fluff". It won't take long until EA makes bioware do more of this, i see in your future you paying to increase the weekly caps on comms. =)

I can see one's wallet pretty much being end-game.

I can understand why EA is making this move. What I don't understand is why players support this system of paying more for the same product (the game as a whole). But hey, if FTP/Freemium/P2W is the direction of all future MMOs, help yourself. I can find better things to do.

Still playing and enjoying the game (for now), but disappointed in its direction. I joined the game in beta and launch, when it was P2P and more content-inclusive. This will probably be the last big-studio MMO I get involved with.

You people are ridiculous. At what point does the word reputation, when used in context to mmos, automatically equate to subscription entitled?

It is quite literally a cash shop rep/faction, offering exclusive rewards that are purely cosmetic to those that spend thier cartel coins (those things that subs get every month) on the market.

There is no content being withheld from subs, as the faction has nothing to do with any form of storyline or end game gearing. You are entitled to nothing the faction has to offer if you do not spend your coins on the market (barring the gtn) since they are at their very essence, exclusive to one another and nothing else.

Good lord man..

I'd like to just add to this, what I am about to say has probably been said 100 times before, but it needs to be said over and over again, till it's sorted.

I have been buying the new contraband pack's for the Rep mostly, but also in the hope of getting something special.

I now have 2 market certificates on different toons, I am about to purchase a 24X pack in the hope of getting enough to purchase the said speeder, all of this plus what I "we" have purchased in the past is a lot of real life cash, this is not paid for by ingame credits.

Therefore I am glad I found this thread.

I have to say that, I personally feel that the cartel market is too commercial, I constantly get repeated item's like boots, or dancers clothes which are not desirable to me anyway.

The crafting matts given in the packs, with the exception of the Molecular Stabilizer's every thing else has been easily acquired matts via companion missions, like 10 perfect orange crystals, or 10 lorrdian gemstones these are all blue matts, would it not be better to give us purples, like ice-jewels, chrysopaz and corusca gem's, these are hard to obtain matts.

TBH, I have artifice 400 and and since the start of the cartel market, I have not made a single crystal, I don't see the point when I can purchase a lvl50 crystal that can be used from lvl10 onwards, therefore the perfect orange crystals will most likely stay in my cargo hold forever.

I sincerely hope that you sort this out, I think that the swtor team should be paying more attention to what the customer needs and less to how much revenue they can acquire.

This certificate problem is a perfect example of not thinking it out properly, or perhaps you guys, did think it through, who's to know so please sort this out asap.

I feel the certificates and any purchased items should be legacy bound until it is used, also the helix's and the certificates should be account/legacy bound, if for example I have 4 on one toon and 6 on another, I should be able to spend 10 using a third toon on my account or legacy, which ever way you wish to look at it.

Edited by Kabolt
Forgot to say...

Fair enough.

I get lightside points though, since I only go all Pot on the Kettles with long histories of trying to shout down others.

Misuse of the term "shout down". Nobody can shout anyone down in an internet forum... not even if they use all caps.

-50 DKP to CosmicKat. :p

Misuse of the term "shout down". Nobody can shout anyone down in an internet forum... not even if they use all caps.

-50 DKP to CosmicKat. :p

Do I even need to point it out... :rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

I agree with this original post, absolutely. BW wants us to buy the packs, but one does run out of room. I've upgraded my cargo bays and inventory space(s). I still need to purge to my other toons. We should be able to trade the certificates to our legacy . Thx~

That is a very good point, I am going to pass this on to the development team.

Keep the feedback coming as I will be keeping an eye on the thread and continue to pass your feedback on. I understand some of you are frustrated but try to keep your feedback as detailed and constructive as possible. It will allow me to more easily discern your specific frustrations with the system to pass on your feedback.

-eric

Edited by Tarubit

You don't have to have anything from it, just like you don't have to have anything from the Cartel Market. Bioware was good enough to let you sell those things on the GTN and not just forcefully restrict them to your account or even just one character. The vendor is a reward designed specifically at those who spend money at the Cartel Market. If they're spending their real money to get some of these things, throwing them an extra bone that only they can get isn't in any way a bad thing or a "Up yours" to people who don't want to spend their money on the cartel market or their at least 500 coins a month for being a sub on anything from the market.

Nonsense. It's pure greed. Make the reputation items unbound.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

I get that you guys are about making profits but at least be honest about it. This isn't a "thank you" - thank you's are free. This is a way to drum up more sales on cartel packs. Take a lesson from Eve Online about when being too greedy gets you in trouble.

QFT.

People need to realize that the money spent on these cosmetic items is money that will directly go toward creating new Operations, new Flash Points, new Warzones, new mounts, new worlds, new...everything.

A profitable TOR is a better TOR for everyone.

Now, you may not like the Cartel Market, but for the love of god, realize that it benefits everyone in the game, subscribers and F2Pers.

The most naive bunch of people that I've ever seen. No one has said that EA is trying to break even on SWTOR. Your assumption that this will go into new content as opposed to their pockets is one naive and unrealistic assumption.

You'll notice the effort spent into making Ops vs the effort into supporting the Cartel Market are right now about 50/50 and its not like content pushes have sped up since the F2P options came into the game. The only content coming out is a *PAID* expansion.

So if you think this all amounts to you getting more content faster, you're naive and wrong. Sorry.

Well personally I don't really care for the new Cartel Reputation. However there for a while since I was thinking to myself this game is about STORY. After reading the description about the new reputation it sort of sounded like you all were trying to implement a faction requirement to have access to Makeb. Since in the description it mentioned this faction was a "Blockade" for Makeb. I also thought this might be a pre-cursor reputation that you would be able to obtain more rep on the planet Makeb once it officially comes out.

Folks said they wanted updates. They got an update. Now they complain it's not enough. All you're doing is telling the devs that you can't be satisfied and so should be ignored.

The CE was $100 more than the other version and EA said they would be regularly updating the store. The store is what enticed people to pick it up. Honestly, how many subs have been lost in this game because of a failure to grasp a basic concept living up to expectations? Say what you mean and mean what you say. I've played since launch and the only thing I've learned about EA/Bioware is to ignore anything they say and just try to enjoy the game.

You know.. there is some irony in there.

Just because people do not agree with you (even taking time to explain why and be completely disregarded by you)does not make them wrong, ignorant, or any other personal attack you would like to toss their way like a hand grenade. ;)

There is a lot of ignorance actually - when you hear things like "This will equal mohr content for me!!!"

Show me where that has ever happened. I'm positive that EA's content budget does not move at all regardless of how many kiddies rack up several hundred dollar phone bills on these cartel packs. To me I don't care about the content, I just find it an immoral and unethical cash grab. You want more money? Do your job and build a better game, put more stuff in it, get people to subscribe and play it, expand the game, fix the bugs. Getting as much cash as you can milk out of little kids is just, disgusting and pathetic.

Still a subscriber and waiting for the Makeb update which I actually bought when it came available. However, I haven't logged in the game for almost two weeks. Browsed to swtor.com to see if there would be a reason to log on and found this thread. Crawled through it randomly. Checked the PTS forum and .. *boom* ..didn't feel the need to log in and play. New cartel packs. Pay to win, and to be specific, pay to win a grind? Uh oh. The new Tomb Raider suddenly feels enticing, at least I can enjoy the scary surprises instead of mentally going "w t f o m g l o l - that is scary".

Like 120 pages ago representative at forums took the message to developers. Gratz! It's not like the forum popular opinion about "Pay to Win" was not recognized before this. Meh, all I can think is releasing an operation so that there is a new boss every week for a month. Or an event with a new boss every week instead of grinding one boss for two weeks. It would almost feel ... interactive and it might make people log on.

I just hope that Bethesda Softworks handles their first MMO (Elder Scrolls Online) better than this mess.

This is now the Star Wars version of Magic: The Gathering ... buy a crapload of brand new expansion pack sets every few months, even if you pay a monthly fee, or be left in the past.

No thank you.

The most naive bunch of people that I've ever seen. No one has said that EA is trying to break even on SWTOR. Your assumption that this will go into new content as opposed to their pockets is one naive and unrealistic assumption.

You'll notice the effort spent into making Ops vs the effort into supporting the Cartel Market are right now about 50/50 and its not like content pushes have sped up since the F2P options came into the game. The only content coming out is a *PAID* expansion.

So if you think this all amounts to you getting more content faster, you're naive and wrong. Sorry.

/agree

I bet they also believe the rep system is a thank you to everyone that bought cartel packs so far.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically exploit the players who have OCD

-eric

Fixed that for you.

Ok so this thread keeps going and going, so please correct the title.

So....forum moderators...can you please correct the title of the thread.

Unless he really meant erked which is not a word from the dictionary except the urban dictionary where it means:

the feeling you get after doing some sort of pills (ie. percocet, vicodin) either by just eating them or crushing and snorting them