Erked.

Levity

I'm pretty sure the Gree vendor did just that. I'm pretty sure the fact that BiS gear comes from operations and operations only as well as BiS PvP gear comes from PvP'ing show just that. I'm pretty sure the storlyine for the expansion and having to play it to experience it show just that.

I was with you at the beginning... then you just started being overly dramatic (again) and making up stuff (again).

Top level gear and Event gear does not count, especially when the top selling modifiable stuff on the GTN is level 1 adaptive gear, which is not available anywhere in the game except the CM. I'm a crafter. Modifiable gear was my bread and butter. Well, now my bread is dry. Give me some fresh effing butter.

:cool:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top level gear and Event gear does not count, especially when the top selling modifiable stuff on the GTN is level 1 adaptive gear, which is not available anywhere in the game except the CM. I'm a crafter. Modifiable gear was my bread and butter. Well, now my bread is dry. Give me some fresh effing butter.

So, the reasonable response that new gear (nice, too!) has appeared in other parts of the game has made you change your tune. Get your story straight. Or will you just dig for another excuse to try to fit to your complaint? All respect lost at this point. I hope you find a game that caters to your every whim.

You said:

Show us that the CM and their Rep vendors isn't going to be the only place to get anything new from now on. Show us that there is any advantage to having a sub and just playing the game at all.

You didn't put stipulations on it. Now you are trying to find a specific sub-clause to fit your argument. That's finding truth to support your theory. Not finding a theory with supports the truth.

Also, your beef is completely different. You should have been complaining the moment they made aug kits is the day you're crafting of shells went dead. The moment I got aug kits it was cheaper to augment my dreadguard gear or PvP gear then it was to buy an orange crit-crafted aug piece off the gtn and transfer all the mods.

But I support you wanting new shells. It'd be nice if they did come up with new stuff for you, but that has nothing to do with the Rep Bar. I looked at the rep gear, it's terrible. Your beef is with the CM Market. That's a system that's been in place for months. You obviously resubbed sometime during the CM Market so what exactly is your problem now that wasn't a while ago?

Edited by Lostpenguins

So, the reasonable response that new gear (nice, too!) has appeared in other parts of the game has made you change your tune. Get your story straight. Or will you just dig for another excuse to try to fit to your complaint? All respect lost at this point. I hope you find a game that caters to your every whim.

Dude, I only have 1 level 50. I hated the open world PvP BS Gree event. And don't tell me that I could ignore the PvP part because I couldn't. Even when I was nowhere near the PvP mission areas other players were able to get me to flag myself (via AOE bug) and gank me. So, yeah. I could care less about that very nice (in your opinion) stuff that I have to try to ignore because I was unable to obtain it.

I'm not asking the game to cater to my every whim. I'm just asking for it to cater to more than the whims of the moneybag hamsters that keep that CM wheel turning.

You should have been complaining the moment they made aug kits is the day you're crafting of shells went dead. The moment I got aug kits it was cheaper to augment my dreadguard gear or PvP gear then it was to buy an orange crit-crafted aug piece off the gtn and transfer all the mods.

But I support you wanting new shells. It'd be nice if they did come up with new stuff for you, but that has nothing to do with the Rep Bar. I looked at the rep gear, it's terrible. Your beef is with the CM Market. That's a system that's been in place for months. You obviously resubbed sometime during the CM Market so what exactly is your problem now that wasn't a while ago?

Augment kits did not kill my business. Even sans augments players still bought crafted gear because it looked better than Raid gear. Now with a plethora of new options, all more detailed and higher quality than crafted gear, guaranteed to have any bug fixed in short order, crafted gear is worthless. That's not the augment kits fault, that's the CM. The CM Rep Vendor just reinforces that.

And my main issues are with this line.

We’ve added the Cartel Market Reputation System as a way of rewarding players who purchase multiple packs within a Shipment. Each Shipment will have its own Reputation track.

First, calling this a reward for loyalty is just an insult to everyone's intelligence, including yours. If you cannot see that this is just further enticement to keep you purchasing packs then you are the one who is blind. In no way does this reward anyone who made previous purchases. In no way does this reward loyalty of any kind, to the game or the CM. This is just a new carrot to keep the donkey moving and there will be another one added every few weeks.

Second, this alludes to them adding even more packs, each with their own Reputation vendors putting even more gear behind a pay wall and not directly into the game. If they are going to have their artists doing so much work on all of that gear, when will crafting ever get an update? Next year? Two years from now? Never?

Those are my main issues. Has a BW rep responded to those issues? Nope. They actually seem to be purposely avoiding saying anything about those issues. So, I will continue to post my complaints until they do.

Edited by Blackavaar

Second, calling this a reward for loyalty is just an insult to everyone's intelligence, including yours. If you cannot see that this is just further enticement to keep you purchasing packs then you are the one who is blind. In no way does this reward anyone who made previous purchases. In no way does this reward loyalty of any kind, to the game or the CM. This is just a new carrot to keep the donkey moving and there will be another one added every few weeks.

^QFT

Just another example that even though the spokesman has changed, the message remains the same. No matter how you spin it, this is just a way to "trick" the less inclined to "think" that EA cares about them when in the end they only want one thing: as much of your money as you are willing to give them until you finally realise you are being grifted. :cool:

Augment kits did not kill my business. Even sans augments players still bought crafted gear because it looked better than Raid gear. Now with a plethora of new options, all more detailed and higher quality than crafted gear, guaranteed to have any bug fixed in short order, crafted gear is worthless. That's not the augment kits fault, that's the CM.

I'll second that. The CM replaced crafting as far as armor goes.

The CM has also severely affected the profitability of artificing.

The CM has also made the social point system obsolete. It's another game feature in zombie mode. The purpose it served is now replaced by P2W items, assuming "looking cool" is an MMO staple that you enjoy.

On the plus side though, the CM did render goldsellers obsolete by taking over that business.

Dude, I only have 1 level 50. I hated the open world PvP BS Gree event. And don't tell me that I could ignore the PvP part because I couldn't. Even when I was nowhere near the PvP mission areas other players were able to get me to flag myself (via AOE bug) and gank me. So, yeah. I could care less about that very nice (in your opinion) stuff that I have to try to ignore because I was unable to obtain it.

You're confusing "unable" with "unwilling". And if you don't know how to kill adds w/out AoE'ing that's your fault. The people force-flagging you into PvP - that seems like an exploit. I would suggest trouble-ticketing it and see what the response is. And if BW doesn't care, then just don't use AoE. But you're making it seem like it's rolling a rock up a steep hill. It's not that difficult. It really, really isn't.

And sorry if you hate the Gree event, but still, it's not enough that they give you new stuff via an event, but now it has to be an event YOU like. Care to be catered to more?

First, calling this a reward for loyalty is just an insult to everyone's intelligence, including yours. If you cannot see that this is just further enticement to keep you purchasing packs then you are the one who is blind. In no way does this reward anyone who made previous purchases. In no way does this reward loyalty of any kind, to the game or the CM. This is just a new carrot to keep the donkey moving and there will be another one added every few weeks.

Second, this alludes to them adding even more packs, each with their own Reputation vendors putting even more gear behind a pay wall and not directly into the game. If they are going to have their artists doing so much work on all of that gear, when will crafting ever get an update? Next year? Two years from now? Never?

Those are my main issues. Has a BW rep responded to those issues? Nope. They actually seem to be purposely avoiding saying anything about those issues. So, I will continue to post my complaints until they do.

Sure. I'm not going to argue if they're trying to spin it or not, but it doesn't effect me. I didn't use the CM at all outside of subscriber free coins, so adding a rep bar to a system of vanity items that rewards you with more vanity items doesn't effect me in the slightest.

I still think you're blowing this out of proportion. It's like you decided to jump on the "anti-CM" bandwagon far after it rendered your crafting shells obsolete.

But I'll still put my vote in that they should give new shells every so often to the crafters. Or a way to obtain new ones through dailies comms and such. That'd be nice. But you're still being overly dramatic about this unless crafting was the core reason you decided to play this game. Crafting in this game was never very good. Honestly, I love it because I don't have to do much in it. It's really "fire and forget". There's other games that really cater towards crafting. This game isn't one of them.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Sure. I'm not going to argue if they're trying to spin it or not, but it doesn't effect me. I didn't use the CM at all outside of subscriber free coins, so adding a rep bar to a system of vanity items that rewards you with more vanity items doesn't effect me in the slightest.

I still think you're blowing this out of proportion. It's like you decided to jump on the "anti-CM" bandwagon far after it rendered your crafting shells obsolete.

But I'll still put my vote in that they should give new shells every so often to the crafters. Or a way to obtain new ones through dailies comms and such. That'd be nice. But you're still being overly dramatic about this unless crafting was the core reason you decided to play this game. Crafting in this game was never very good. Honestly, I love it because I don't have to do much in it. It's really "fire and forget". There's other games that really cater towards crafting. This game isn't one of them.

I don't see it as jumping on the band wagon far after. I mean sure, the stuff from the CM has been taking over the GTN bit by bit for months now. This CM Rep vendor thing and the mention of more CM Rep tracks to be added just reinforced that fact and showed me that BW have no intention of spending any time or money on anything that they cannot charge extra for.

Who wants to bet that when they finally do add new crafting schematics they put them in a CM pack? That seems to be where their thinking is.

And BTW, I was on a 6 month sub. When I last resubbed the CM was just a trickle. There was still hope. Now it's a waterfall and there is none. So, I think I'm jumping on the band wagon at exactly the right time.

I don't see it as jumping on the band wagon far after. I mean sure, the stuff from the CM has been taking over the GTN bit by bit for months now. This CM Rep vendor thing and the mention of more CM Rep tracks to be added just reinforced that fact and showed me that BW have no intention of spending any time or money on anything that they cannot charge extra for.

Who wants to bet that when they finally do add new crafting schematics they put them in a CM pack? That seems to be where their thinking is.

And BTW, I was on a 6 month sub. When I last resubbed the CM was just a trickle. There was still hope. Now it's a waterfall and there is none. So, I think I'm jumping on the band wagon at exactly the right time.

Wait, what? Didn't you say you had 120 some-odd days to go? That means you resubbed 2 months ago. It was a trickle then? Pretty sure I saw people buying stuff from the holiday event over 2 months ago...

Still, so you're #1 focus in this game was crafting? Yeah, go back to my statement when I say that crafting in this game is subpar to other MMO's. Do some research and you'll find one that has a better crafting system. I know of an ex-guildie who left specifically because of that.

Wait, what? Didn't you say you had 120 some-odd days to go? That means you resubbed 2 months ago. It was a trickle then? Pretty sure I saw people buying stuff from the holiday event over 2 months ago...

Still, so you're #1 focus in this game was crafting? Yeah, go back to my statement when I say that crafting in this game is subpar to other MMO's. Do some research and you'll find one that has a better crafting system. I know of an ex-guildie who left specifically because of that.

So, I should just go find a game with better crafting? My love for sci-fi and Star Wars have no bearing? You know what? It's so obvious. I should go play some crappy medieval fantasy crap game just because their crafting system is better. :rolleyes:

Yeah, forget it. You obviously don't care and will never understand.

Edited by Blackavaar

You don't have to have anything from it, just like you don't have to have anything from the Cartel Market. Bioware was good enough to let you sell those things on the GTN and not just forcefully restrict them to your account or even just one character. The vendor is a reward designed specifically at those who spend money at the Cartel Market. If they're spending their real money to get some of these things, throwing them an extra bone that only they can get isn't in any way a bad thing or a "Up yours" to people who don't want to spend their money on the cartel market or their at least 500 coins a month for being a sub on anything from the market.

I love you.

So, I should just go find a game with better crafting? My love for sci-fi and Star Wars have no bearing? You know what? It's so obvious. I should go play some crappy medieval fantasy crap game just because their crafting system is better. :rolleyes:

Well make up your mind. You're complaining, but now you're saying you want to stay. Didn't you say you also unsubbed and had 120-some-odd days left? Sounds like you're leaving anyhow if I'm right.

[snip]

^ Truth

Sure. I'm not going to argue if they're trying to spin it or not but it doesn't effect me. I didn't use the CM at all outside of subscriber free coins, so adding a rep bar to a system of vanity items that rewards you with more vanity items doesn't effect me in the slightest.

They don't need to spin it, they have a few True Believers in this thread doing it over and over and over and over....

They don't need to spin it, they have a few True Believers in this thread doing it over and over and over and over....

Don't even get the relevance of your post.

You just sound like a bitter person trying to smack anyone who doesn't cater to you.

Good luck with that one.

Don't even get the relevance of your post.

You just sound like a bitter person trying to smack anyone who doesn't cater to you.

Good luck with that one.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sounds of you bitterly smacking anyone who doesn't agree with you. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sounds of you bitterly smacking anyone who doesn't agree with you. :rolleyes:

I don't need you to agree with me. I need you to stop asking BW to change the games to suit your needs and somehow try to spin it as being the selfless matyr who's trying to preserve the integrity of this game.

/shrug So play this MMO for the sci-fi... and play some other MMO for the crafting. No MMO is all things to all people. It's why I play three different MMOs, depending on my mood and what I want to do.

Turn the coin over. Observe the few True Unbelievers who can and will bash this game day in and day out for every little nit and pick that they do not personally approve of.

All ponts of view are welcome in a forum unless/until they break the rules.

Edited by Andryah

This whole thing feels like BW testing the waters how far they can go with the cartel market. Once we scream "This is enough, don't go one step further!" we find ourselves in the water with further waves tumbling over us. I guess there's no stopping them...

This whole thing feels like BW testing the waters how far they can go with the cartel market. Once we scream "This is enough, don't go one step further!" we find ourselves in the water with further waves tumbling over us. I guess there's no stopping them...

Sadly no unless X amount leaves the game again.