Erked.

Levity

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bioware as morally reprehensible as the tobacco companies and banks?

As the banks? Sure. Honestly, if they didn't have the "text to pay" thing in place this would not leave as sour a taste in my mouth. If that serves some other purpose than to give kids a way of getting around parental consent for purchases I'm not seeing it.

As the banks? Sure. Honestly, if they didn't have the "text to pay" thing in place this would not leave as sour a taste in my mouth. If that serves some other purpose than to give kids a way of getting around parental consent for purchases I'm not seeing it.

bingo. :)

I fail to see any moral failing in making a bunch of extra cosmetic stuff and selling it to people who've shown a demand for it.

Adding in a reputation every 3 months for cartel packs, and adding achievements for cartel stuff in 2.0? The CM isn't just a side bar to this game anymore. It is becoming thee game. They should rename SWTOR: Starwars The Old Cartel Market.

The fact that everyone uses CM as being profitable as an excuse for going in this direction will be the death of the game as a whole. They didn't need to add these additions in for the CM to be profitable. They added them in to see how far they can go. There's probably more EA drones in the BW team now so expecting them to not go further just means your blind. If they don't, awesome. But I think it will just get worse.

At least we can enjoy the game while it lasts.

Adding in a reputation every 3 months for cartel packs, and adding achievements for cartel stuff in 2.0? The CM isn't just a side bar to this game anymore. It is becoming the game. They should rename SWTOR: Starwars The Old Cartel Market.

The fact that everyone uses CM as being profitable as an excuse for going in this direction will be the death of the game as a whole. They didn't need to add these additions in for the CM to be profitable. They added them in to see how far they can go. There's probably more EA drones in the BW team now so expecting them to not go further just means your blind. If they don't, awesome. But I think it will just get worse.

At least we can enjoy the game while it lasts.

Although buggy as hell, at least we'll remember what TOR used to be before CM. :(

The most naive bunch of people that I've ever seen. No one has said that EA is trying to break even on SWTOR. Your assumption that this will go into new content as opposed to their pockets is one naive and unrealistic assumption.

This is just shows blatant ignorance on how business operates. For profit orientated business, its the product's relative profitability to other possible investment lead to whether fail/continue the product. The more profitable SWTOR becomes then the more SWTOR likely to survive. You don't need SWTOR to face state of not breaking even to convince EA to drop SWTOR.

You'll notice the effort spent into making Ops vs the effort into supporting the Cartel Market are right now about 50/50 and its not like content pushes have sped up since the F2P options came into the game. The only content coming out is a *PAID* expansion.

Most of the end game content is PAID content. It's either paid through your subscription or CC. Trying to give an impression of it otherwise is just blatant dishonesty with twisting the issue. The only difference is just that the expansion requires an additional fee on top of your usual fee covering your usual PAID content. The only real pertinent question is whether the expansion is worth the money.

Most of us never expected SWTOR to release expansions without additional fees. So it's being a PAID content is no big surprise. Only after release can we really judge whether it was all worth it. IMO, most of the current complaints is simply masking certain people being dissatisfied of REAL money involved getting certain VANITY items.

So if you think this all amounts to you getting more content faster, you're naive and wrong. Sorry.

And what makes your claim to be solid with reason?

I fail to see any moral failing in making a bunch of extra cosmetic stuff and selling it to people who've shown a demand for it.

What levity said , and don't forget how "cool" of them it was to add the rep system , and then wait a month to put pay2rep system in place. "Here is this new progression that you guys can take part " 1 month later " Oh to complete this new part you will either have to spend millions of in game credits or hundreds of real life currency, also this is a thank you to everyone who bought cartel packs" , this makes the rep system look nothing more than a bait and switch or sorts.

Also its not bioware that is mainly the problem, its EA. Go to the origin store, look up under free to play ( which swtor is under) , then research how many of those games are pay2win. You will see that our concerns are valid.

I don't either. and if it would remain like this it would be great.

The moral failing will come soon enough when the extra cosmetic stuff will become powerful items which will shred any other gear. And it's gonna happen soon enough :) Notice how none of the bigshots is saying nothing about it :)

I don't either. and if it would remain like this it would be great.

The moral failing will come soon enough when the extra cosmetic stuff will become powerful items which will shred any other gear. And it's gonna happen soon enough :) Notice how none of the bigshots is saying nothing about it :)

We already have this slowly makign its way into the game; grade 7 ship gear on carte market. :rolleyes:

Wow, 37 pages, over 1400 posts, and still going strong.

I wonder how incensed the community would be if there were something that actually gave an ingame advantage that was created only via RMT transactions.

Edited by DarthTHC

I wonder how incensed the community would be if there were something that actually gave an ingame advantage that was created only via RMT transactions.

If they made a single endgame item for PvE that was not spaceship-based or some ability that gave someone using RL an advantage for endgame PvE I would unsub, immediately.

I don't PvP anymore either, but I would probably unsub if they did that to PvP.

There are lines people won't tolerate when they're crossed. And those are my lines.

If they made a single endgame item for PvE that was not spaceship-based or some ability that gave someone using RL an advantage for endgame PvE I would unsub, immediately.

I don't PvP anymore either, but I would probably unsub if they did that to PvP.

There are lines people won't tolerate when they're crossed. And those are my lines.

See, they'll never do that though because everything that's created only via RMT can still be posted on GTN for credits. Nothing will ever be RMT "only".

And it is still only the same handful of people discussing in the same thread. And still about 50/50 between people complaining and people saying it is not as bad as they complain about. Thread length is a horrible way to determine how important a subject really is.

So no, no reason to add this comment.

See, they'll never do that though because everything that's created only via RMT can still be posted on GTN for credits. Nothing will ever be RMT "only".

See what? It doesn't matter. I was already annoyed that you could craft top-end raiding gear by not raiding (I'm glad they made the change so you can't craft top-end gear anymore).

If they let you buy it with RL cash as well that would be my breaking point.

You don't have to have anything from it, just like you don't have to have anything from the Cartel Market. Bioware was good enough to let you sell those things on the GTN and not just forcefully restrict them to your account or even just one character. The vendor is a reward designed specifically at those who spend money at the Cartel Market. If they're spending their real money to get some of these things, throwing them an extra bone that only they can get isn't in any way a bad thing or a "Up yours" to people who don't want to spend their money on the cartel market or their at least 500 coins a month for being a sub on anything from the market.

Yup, just like it was good of them to make me wait almost 3 weeks to solve my in game issue when ive been a paying subscriber since the game released, and droped like 60-100 a month on their cartel market right? /sarcasm off. Stop being a fanboi bro...

Yeah nothing will ever be RMT only.... thats not really reassuring is it ? It is also not the issue. Lets assume that they go full pay2win, where you can just buy end game gear via cartel, of course you don't have to buy you can still raid, but the point is , that it will still pay to win. Furthermore the fact that you can buy stuff via the gtn is not very helpful either. Check the new reputation packs. Sure you can buy on gtn but due to the RNG nature of the drops , you would have to spend literally hundreds of millions of credits to get to legend. Thats not really realistic at all.

Yeah nothing will ever be RMT only.... thats not really reassuring is it ? It is also not the issue. Lets assume that they go full pay2win, where you can just buy end game gear via cartel, of course you don't have to buy you can still raid, but the point is , that it will still pay to win. Furthermore the fact that you can buy stuff via the gtn is not very helpful either. Check the new reputation packs. Sure you can buy on gtn but due to the RNG nature of the drops , you would have to spend literally hundreds of millions of credits to get to legend. Thats not really realistic at all.

Nah, only about 80 million depending I guess on how much people are charging on GTN for the packs.

Besides, the fact that it could be on GTN means there's a way to get it ingame, without spending a dime of IRL money. Therefore, not p2w.

Nah, only about 80 million depending I guess on how much people are charging on GTN for the packs.

Besides, the fact that it could be on GTN means there's a way to get it ingame, without spending a dime of IRL money. Therefore, not p2w.

And you find this reasonable ? I have been playing the game since pre release and i pretty sure i havent made more than 50 million overall. Also are you really saying htat you wouldnt mind if ppl could get gear up faster just by paying some extra money ? really ?

Edited by tekhiun