Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

StephenReid

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Australian servers and release, personally, I am not fussed if it is a local based server or a U.S based labelled server, would be great if it was placed on our shores, hope that it is still a May 1st release as Mr Reid said, some form of confirmation would be appreciated, also, I wouldn't care if we had to make new characters if we can not transfer accross. Edited by Anarchistic

Im quiet happy with the server being put here, well i should say hopefully put here. i imported my copy, and while im having a blast playing on american servers, it would be nice to play on a more local server, and be able to even transfer a couple of my characters across :)

There's an article on an Aussie site that says that it's confirmed there will be Aussie servers, they're just figuring out where to put them (Melbourne or Sydney). Also says that there will most likely be free Xfers to those servers for Oceanic people if they so choose.

Apparently an announcement next week on all the details.

Im quiet happy with the server being put here, well i should say hopefully put here. i imported my copy, and while im having a blast playing on american servers, it would be nice to play on a more local server, and be able to even transfer a couple of my characters across :)

I dont even know if i will bother. I may transfer my toons across, I may not. Im having alot of fun on the US servers and have carved myself quite a reputation. So meh i dunno...

Regarding the Australian servers and release, personally, I am not fussed if it is a local based server or a U.S based labelled server, would be great if it was placed on our shores, hope that it is still a May 1st release as Mr Reid said, some form of confirmation would be appreciated, also, I wouldn't care if we had to make new characters if we can not transfer accross.

as had been stated,

We are planning on actual servers located in the area. The final location is being locked down, but when we say 'local' we don't mean 'in the US but with a label'.

daily bump for a oceanic update from a yellow.

(´・ω ・`)

Regarding the Australian servers and release, personally, I am not fussed if it is a local based server or a U.S based labelled server, would be great if it was placed on our shores, hope that it is still a May 1st release as Mr Reid said, some form of confirmation would be appreciated, also, I wouldn't care if we had to make new characters if we can not transfer accross.

May 1st? I could have sworn it was March 1st.....

Edit: yep SR said March 1st as a target.

Edited by Radox

Hmm getting close to 2 weeks now, I am not confident anything is happening soon on this, but I guess I have to assume this since we cannot get an official response.

Discussed this within my guild recently and there is also concern that 1/3 of us will be allowed to transfer to the new server but the others 2/3 from EU we play with will be stuck where they are.

I hope there is a full guild transfer option allowed where players want to stay with the group can move with us as many will not be willing to leave their L50s behind.

Anyways I will keep checking this thread and hoping for a response.

EDIT: As pointed out, southern hemisphere seasons are reversed! When we say 'Spring' you can substitute 'Q1/Q2 2012'. Apologies for that.

Our timezone is also "reversed". Can we expect the maintenance times to be "reversed" as well? The current US and EU schedule falls right in the middle of the evening in Aus (7PM on the East Coast).

Our timezone is also "reversed". Can we expect the maintenance times to be "reversed" as well? The current US and EU schedule falls right in the middle of the evening in Aus (7PM on the East Coast).

This.

It would be coutner-intuitive to hold to current server maintenance times; server maintenance needs to be done during non-peak local times.

Full details, as much as you could glean question with nicely avoided answers here

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3175610

Basically

1 March 2012

Servers in Australia

Players with current payed accounts as of 28 Feb 2012 limited time to transfer

Players from AU, NZ, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Our goal for maintenance windows is the same for everything else we do – we try to think about the player experience first. We want to minimise downtime as much as possible and will be constantly evaluating them to ensure they will affect the fewest players possible.

Meaningless with a touch of how they evaluate "fewest" players possible.

Edited by Lungbutter

Hi everyone,

As we made an announcement today regarding the Asia Pacific Launch, we will go ahead and close this thread and direct you to our more current and on going discussion regarding the announcement.

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

We ask that you please continue your discussion in the above linked thread.

Thank you!