Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

In fact, everything in the game that is currently bound to a character should be bound to legacy as well.

No. That would severely damage what little is left of an early-game crafter economy in this game.

And stop it with the silly colour. You are not special.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

This is *COSMETIC* gear. Being disadvantage is bollux. If this was progression gear it would make sense to be BOP. As it stands, weapons are BOL. The coin purchasing them should be as well.

I'm honestly getting sick n' tired of all the begging to turn everything Legacy bound. Yes, some things take a while to obtain, and I know some crafters want a BOL lightsaber to transfer hilts between their alts. Since, admit it, that's the only reason why people feel they "need" them. Well, you'll get it EVENTUALLY. Games get stale really fast if they were instantly gratifying.

By the way, there are dozens of other crafters on your server trying to obtain these hilts as well. The chances of any of you to be the servers' first, even less to get a monopoly on crafted hilts, is truely marginal.

Sure, the lightsabers look nice too. But so do many others. And apart from the ability to transfer hilts with them, they're in no way better than any of the other lightsabers.

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

The extreme developer blind spot/bias against people with alts is getting pretty obvious here. The list keeps growing instead of shrinking as time goes by.

1) No attempts at all to make gearing multiple toons easier.

2) An utter lack of real bind on legacy gear.

3) Character perks being insanely expensive and not legacy wide.

4) Obvious things like account wide mounts/pets aren't implemented.

5) No account wide valor or social points.

6) Now apparently any minor advantage you could get from multiple alts is something to be discouraged.

I don't say you guys are doing this on purpose. You guys probably lack someone with a voice who understands what it's like to have 4 or 5 50's though.

You do realize it is mathmatically impossible to get any of the weapons with a one a day gree component...

The event is for 2 weeks, which is 14 days... (to get enough components you need at least 18 days)

I don't have a problem with the gree component being bind on pickup, I do have a problem with the event's requirements being so high coupled with the fact it isn't even possible to get any of the items that one is really after...

Not true, do the WB in the ship, do it twice a week, story and hard mode 8 or 16 man OPs. I puged it on one of my toons in both and now have a total of 19 components.

The extreme developer blind spot/bias against people with alts is getting pretty obvious here. The list keeps growing instead of shrinking as time goes by.

1) No attempts at all to make gearing multiple toons easier.

2) An utter lack of real bind on legacy gear.

3) Character perks being insanely expensive and not legacy wide.

4) Obvious things like account wide mounts/pets aren't implemented.

5) No account wide valor or social points.

6) Now apparently any minor advantage you could get from multiple alts is something to be discouraged.

I don't say you guys are doing this on purpose. You guys probably lack someone with a voice who understands what it's like to have 4 or 5 50's though.

1. How so? One of the cheapest legacy armour sets allow you to transfer old, bound armour/mods/enhancements/augments between any number of your own characters.

2. With the exception of the full legacy armour sets. Weapons are more difficult, but what exactly are you losing there? Buy a Cartel crystal and there is your crystal needs covered for Levels 10-50+. It's only hilts and barrels which are a major issue and even that isn't exactly a "major issue".

3. Because they are Character Perks? You see, character perks are entirely different to legacy perks - hence the fact they do different things and are called different things. Want a "Legacy Wide" version of the character perk? A new "legacy perk" if you will? Sure, but it'll be insanely expensive.

4. Why should they be? I'm interested to hear why you feel things gained by one character should be automatically available to all of them?

5. Again, why? Social points and certainly valor are gained by a character doing certain things in the game. Why should I have a character who gets logged in once a week get a valor level of 90 due to my PvP character?

6. So very basically, what you wanted from the event was the ability to take multiple characters, to run them through the same events and share all of your components and then buy loads and loads of the weapons etc. So any thinking that these might be a little bit rare would be destroyed as every many and his dog (who has loads of spare time in a day - unemployed/students/no family) gets them?

Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible.

How do you think anyone could have bought a weapon yet, since nobody could possibly have achieved Champion rank with the Gree? This makes me wonder if you all even realize that it is mathematically impossible to get Champion within the two week time frame of the event (12-13k weekly cap x 2 weeks =/= 37.5k+ rep points by a long shot).

How do you think anyone could have bought a weapon yet, since nobody could possibly have achieved Champion rank with the Gree? This makes me wonder if you all even realize that it is mathematically impossible to get Champion within the two week time frame of the event (12-13k weekly cap x 2 weeks =/= 37.5k+ rep points by a long shot).

The vendor will stay on Ilum after the event has ended.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

That is utter rubbish. First of all your approach is entirely communistic by nature. Next you are going to tell me (a registered player since the game appeared) that I should not get Hazmat gear because somebody that just joined the game and has a level 45 single, with no guild character and plays 1 hour / week cant get the same gear and that it's not fair.

Legacy weapons don't have mods in them. So there is actually no "disadvantage" for a recently joined player. Or advantage for me. It's just cosmetic and Legacy wide gear transfer (which btw lvl 45 player with single character does not need). There are several speeders that are no longer available in game (like Korrealis Commander). Is that fair for newcomers? Certainly by your definition not but nobody gives a damn about it. However this makes me think I am losing my time. Any player, in extreme conditions (e.g. 24h/day playing for 2 weeks) should be able to buy all the legacy weapons if he wished to. This "some other time" is pissing me beyond madness level. SImply because it shows you dont give a damn about my time.

This displays a lack of respect for stable, subscription paying, long hours playing customers up to the point I am considering unsubscribing.

What are you actually saying makes no sense. Why?

1) Is this approach helping Bioware attract new players (subscribers)? I don't see how.

2) Is this approach helping Bioware keep existing subscribers in game? Frustrating most of them certainly does not help.

3) Is this approach helping Bioware make soon to be un-subscribers change their minds? Do you really think that after you pissed me off you can keep me in the game by saying "we will have the same event later? Stay some more months for the grind and you will get one stupid lightsaber" ...

Next EA/BW will be telling us that there will be a limit on Cartel Market items you can buy, because it would be unfair for people with more RL money to be able to buy whatever they wanted rather than invest their hard-earned money into it. Oh wait, i bet not....

I have 8 level 50s and 8 alts on one server. It's desperately unfair that this event is only for high levels, and that my low level alts can't participate. Once BW starts playing the "it's unfair to such and so" card, this can be extended to any number of equally absurb propositions.

Making the rep account-wide and legacy based is narrow-sighted and trivializes advancement to begin with. Why should my imperial toons get to be a legend for my republic toons actions? They care NOTHING for story, immersion, continuity, or anything *actually* related to rping. Look at their actions from Beta on.

There is no cross-faction talking so no real cross-faction RP (the ONE Thing that a lot of people counted on for an RP MMO), no cross faction guilds, very limited cross-faction interaction At All. But if my republic toons do favors for the Voss, the Voss will smile at my imperial legacy people. Yeah, right. How stupid is that?

BW/EA doesn't Care. Get that through your heads. Except insofar as they make money off of you, they're rather you *didn't* play, because you consume server resources. The Marketing Department (department of lies and double-talk) has taken over, in case you haven't noticed. Tag, tease, and milk - that is the motto of the day. After that, you're a box someone has taken the valuable ring out of.

If you expect anything else you're naive, at the very least. I'm sorry.

Why are the weapon components BOP when the entire event is based around legacy.

So that people have an incentive to take part in the event when it comes around for a second time.

You can't get the Champion rep in 2 weeks so you can't get the weapon even if you have the helixes. That means that when the event returns even the casual players with 1 character should have a decent chance of getting 1 weapon by the end of the second phase. It also means that you don't have to grind every day with multiple characters this time around.

For the more dedicated players you can earn enough helixes in the 2 weeks as there are 38 possible.

I have already got to the 12k rep cap and have 11 helixes. So by the end of the 2 weeks I will certainly have enough rep items stored up and enough helixes that it will be possible to buy the weapon as soon as enough weeks have passed to use the rep items.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Ok Jesse, firstly you game is all about story, bioware have said this many times before, to get more story players roll alts and to be fair if we didnt roll alts over the last 12months anyone but the very casual players would of been bored out of there skull by now. So people loyal to the game like me and alot of my guildies rolled alts, we are now being punished for rolling alts by the Gray Helic Components being BoP.

The Gray Helix Components buy purely cosmetic weapons so it puts nobody at any disadvantage at all, people that have put the time into the game by rolling alts shouldnt be punished, those just turning 45-50 on the first char are eiether very casual or just started playing the game recently. There should be no issue's with people who have played more hours of the game and leveled up several alts getting the items if they put in the work legacy wide on several characters. Its not putting anyone at a disadvantage, its not going to make us uber strong in pvp or pve, its a cosmetic item. Nobody is at any disadvantage by these being legacy bound.

You dont turn round and say sorry guys we have to delay the new OP's because people with only 1 character, casual players and new players aint got the armor from the old one yet do you.

So yes i will sign this it is a bad decsion from bioware, you put in the work you should get a reward.

/signed

EDIT: also id like to point out to Jesse that while a Sorc, sage, and BH's can get there weapons for 18 tokens only, snipers, gunslingers, operatives and scoundrels all need to pay 24, even though we only get 1 weapon out of it, like the sorc and the BH

Edited by mentalmackem

I don't see a problem with the current system and I have 6 level 50's doing the event and they all will have enough by the end to be able to purchase any weapon or 2 in some cases. Running alts makes it far easier to stockpile reputation and by the end of my third day playing I'll personally have maxed out the system (currently have 47520) and only need to do the missions that give components. IE heroic and SM/HM Xenoanalyst II, which it quite easy to find groups to do these.

So where are we being punished for having alts??? Well yes my lower level alts can't participate, however they can easily get the gear and weapons. Will I have components left over that can't be used, yes, but this is not a one time event so they can be saved til the next time. What is the point in making them BOL if we can't use them to purchase weapons til we have the required reputation level, which will take 4 week to achieve. Hopefully the vendor will be around for the next 5 weeks...

BTW how do we know there aren't other missions that will pop up, like in the past? I doubt EA/BW would reveal this, if there are, they want us to keep guessing.

I don't see a problem with the current system and I have 6 level 50's doing the event and they all will have enough by the end to be able to purchase any weapon or 2 in some cases. Running alts makes it far easier to stockpile reputation and by the end of my third day playing I'll personally have maxed out the system (currently have 47520) and only need to do the missions that give components. IE heroic and SM/HM Xenoanalyst II, which it quite easy to find groups to do these.

So where are we being punished for having alts??? Well yes my lower level alts can't participate, however they can easily get the gear and weapons. Will I have components left over that can't be used, yes, but this is not a one time event so they can be saved til the next time. What is the point in making them BOL if we can't use them to purchase weapons til we have the required reputation level, which will take 4 week to achieve. Hopefully the vendor will be around for the next 5 weeks...

BTW how do we know there aren't other missions that will pop up, like in the past? I doubt EA/BW would reveal this, if there are, they want us to keep guessing.

Because not everybody has the time to play all his alts and in my case I have to switch around characters to actually get something going at all for Xenoanalyst.

I'm being gimped for being helpful so that people can do the content. Great system.

So let me get this straight.

You don't want people who have alts to have an advantage over others yet the entire legacy system does just that.

It encourages alts and higher level ones at that. In turn, it give presence bonus so your next leveling alt will have an easier time. Having these alts also gives the buffs of the other classes so as you level them you eventually have all the buffs. Another advantage.

The benefit you're denying others for this event is also the same benefit you gave everyone in past events like the Rakghoul and previous gree event. The tokens were either BOL or unbound all together. Again allowing those with alts a benefit.

But now cause of the same play style you have been encouraging, AKA: Please level alts as they give you advantages, you are now saying, "Sorry - Your alts give you an advantage so we're not allowing BOL components for the gree rep event which by the way, is a massive legacy wide event but BW no longer thinks having alts and/or legacy perks is all that good so they have to stifle it in some way.

You know that's some messed up game design right? It pretty much goes against the entire point of legacy when you say alts are the problem.

So that people have an incentive to take part in the event when it comes around for a second time.

Even if you get the champion level and buy your 1 or 2 weapons, why would you not do this event again? You telling me getting legendary is not the overall goal?

No one is getting legendary this go around and only the really dedicated will get weapons this round, as it should be and I'm sure some missed the past Gree event and missed out on a legacy barrel weapon. Tthere are plenty of reason to continue doing this event.

Limiting alts under the guise of, "Sorry, no BOL components cause your alts, that we encourage you to play so you get a legacy benefits/advantages, are giving you an advantage vs those that don't have them."

If there going to stick to that logic, legacy means nothing and should just be scrapped cause it gives you an advantage over others if they don't have alts and you do.

Edited by Quraswren

Because not everybody has the time to play all his alts and in my case I have to switch around characters to actually get something going at all for Xenoanalyst.

I'm being gimped for being helpful so that people can do the content. Great system.

Actually the alts made it much faster and I didn't have to waste time doing the silly PVP quest that turned into a gank feast, with players that had only one thing in mind, to grief others. I spent over 2 hours attempting one, then realized the payout wasn't worth my time. I simply jumped on an alt and joined every WB fight I could while doing the PVE quest. Heck you get 270 rep just by bringing an alt into the area. Didn't take me long before I had gotten my newcomer status, then all my toons were able to do the Gray Secant missions that have very nice payouts.

Granted I've spent alot of hours doing them the past few days, but since I knew the start date, was able to schedule a few days off (called in sick) so I made the most out of it grinding the rep points, so now all I have to do is the Heroic on each toon and a op or 2 each day....easy

Edited by TheShootist

People complaining fairly viciously because prestige item is hard to get ...

I appreciate that the tokens are BOP. It prevents the reward items from being too easy to get. All people here are really accomplishing is making someone's job at Bioware unnecessarily frustrating dealing with this incessant complaining.

Their job is to put obstacles in the way of obtaining things to make certain vanity items harder to get. BOP tokens are an entirely fair form of restriction to make obtaining certain vanity gears harder.

I honestly hope that there is future content with BOP tokens.

People please, just because you pay a subscription fee (or even don't, now), doesn't automatically entitle you to being able to easily obtain every item in the game. (Signed as someone who may never obtain HK-51 due to not being willing to repeat a story flashpoint involved for story-continuity reasons.)

The Reputation is NOT the problem.

The problem is that you are being gimped on the Component-side.

gimped how? 1 per day for heroic = 14 possible during event, 2 for completing a mission after you reach newcomer status, 6 for SM WB, 8 for HM WB that is a total of 44 possible components during the event on each toon so far.

example:

do 2 SM ops, complete mission, and 4 of the daily heroic and you have enough to get the lightsaber, yup just need to play 4 days for a few hours at most.

If people here had it the way they wanted, everyone would have been champions the first day with all of the gear from the event bought and paid for. And then, of course, we'd have heard endless complaining about how easy the event was and also how there's really no point doing it anymore after the first few days....

If people here had it the way they wanted, everyone would have been champions the first day with all of the gear from the event bought and paid for. And then, of course, we'd have heard endless complaining about how easy the event was and also how there's really no point doing it anymore after the first few days....

This.

It's vanity gear. It's vanity gear in an event they've announced will be returning "multiple times this year". It's reasonably obtainable vanity gear in an event they've announced will be returning "multiple times this year".

It's simply not gear that's MORE obtainable for you than players with only one 50.

Funny thing is if these items were BOP, you would only hear some mild complaining that the items were BOP, and no one would mention the tokens also being BOP. It would still largely be considered 'fair'. (Heck, you can't equip that Dark II vanity gear on this other character without getting *them* to Dark II). Yet people can't handle a system that's part one way BOP and part another BOL, without feeling like they've been oppressed in some fashion.

Edited by Jagrevi