Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

If people here had it the way they wanted, everyone would have been champions the first day with all of the gear from the event bought and paid for. And then, of course, we'd have heard endless complaining about how easy the event was and also how there's really no point doing it anymore after the first few days....

Can you please show me where anyone has asked for champion to be achievable quicker or on the first day for that matter?

I thought people where asking for tokens to be BoL not rep to be made faster to level up, but apprently you have read something i have not.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old mods/armoring/hilts/barrels are not useful on alts. They're all different stats. This is exactly what I mean by a "blind spot". Because you don't do the alt thing you didn't think of this. It's what I suspect is happening with the devs.

The rest of your list is basically the same problem. There's all sorts of stuff you're missing because you are not a full time alt freak. There's no valid argument that can say this game lacks basic quality of life features for altoholics.

In a game where the biggest selling point is class stories that is a TRAGIC flaw.

Guess you don't understand what people are really doing with these BOL gear and why such an outcry for the legacy lightsaber. I have my main raiding toon that had maxed out tokens with nothing to use them on, the legacy gear allowed me to cash in these token for specific gear for my newly leveled 50 and it's companions.

Despite what others are saying, this strikes me as an obviously sensible line to take. I hope the vocal minority don't influence the direction of this event.

Same here.

(Although I have to admit I do wish it was faction v. faction pvp area rather than just a free-for-all. It is a bit weird being suddenly attacked by a Jedi on a roleplaying server.)

Can you please show me where anyone has asked for champion to be achievable quicker or on the first day for that matter?

I thought people where asking for tokens to be BoL not rep to be made faster to level up, but apprently you have read something i have not.

go back a few pages

There are a lot of people crying:

"WAAA YOU ALL JUST WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU ON A PLATE"

Yet nobody in this thread has suggested even once that the rewards require less work.

Underlining mine.

You do realize it is mathmatically impossible to get any of the weapons with a one a day gree component...

The event is for 2 weeks, which is 14 days... (to get enough components you need at least 18 days)

I don't have a problem with the gree component being bind on pickup, I do have a problem with the event's requirements being so high coupled with the fact it isn't even possible to get any of the items that one is really after...

Underlining mine.

Also, I'd like to point out that something being easy to get is not the direct opposite of work being required to get it, so it's kind of a false dichotomy that I assume you're implying. (I know using the word "dichotomy" on an MMO forum argument makes you sound like a jerk for some reason, I just couldn't think of a better word). Things being unobtainable in certain circumstances is also part of the picture.

Edited by Jagrevi

Please log into the game and ask what people think about not being able to get enough event currency to buy a weapon then come back and tell me the majority said they were happy. Don't make things up please.

You can get a total of 40-something Gray Helix over the two weeks of this event. The most expensive weapon costs 24. Buying one weapon (or more) will not be a problem, gaining a high enough faction status to use it will be.

You can get a total of 40-something Gray Helix over the two weeks of this event. The most expensive weapon costs 24. Buying one weapon (or more) will not be a problem, gaining a high enough faction status to use it will be.

Some of us have jobs...

Guess you don't understand what people are really doing with these BOL gear and why such an outcry for the legacy lightsaber.

I understand that a lot of people use multiple chars to grind tokens. That doesn't actually make it EASIER to gear up multiple chars. That makes it easier to gear up ONE char.

Using tokens and transferring the mods doesn't negate the work required to get those tokens. It simply means you aren't wasting time.

Edited by Sorenia

We are talking about a handful of daily missions and event bosses that can only be fought every 4 or 5 days. Getting the maximum amount of helixes hardly constitutes spending an inordinate amount of time in game :rolleyes:

Doing the dailies each day gets me 1 helix and takes quite a while to do. For a two week event that's 14, nowhere near the number you pulled out of your hat. You may have plenty of free time, but others do not.

Doing the dailies each day gets me 1 helix and takes quite a while to do. For a two week event that's 14, nowhere near the number you pulled out of your hat. You may have plenty of free time, but others do not.

I'll quote myself since you aparently have no clue about the event

gimped how? 1 per day for heroic = 14 possible during event, 2 for completing a mission after you reach newcomer status, 6 for SM WB, 8 for HM WB that is a total of 44 possible components during the event on each toon so far.

example:

do 2 SM ops, complete mission, and 4 of the daily heroic and you have enough to get the lightsaber, yup just need to play 4 days for a few hours at most.

BTW i already have 19 components on 1 toon and 11 each on 2 others

Edited by TheShootist

I'll quote myself since you aparently have no clue about the event

I know plenty about the event thank you. I know more about it than you know about reading, clearly, since I said some people don't have time to go around doing everything available and you start spewing out irrelevant maths. Plus you're assuming I'm geared enough to do the Ops? As I've said, we're not all unemployed...

Please read everything else before you post in future.

You tell me what you want then. I can't decode everything you write. All I got was you have a job, don't have raid gear. So I add them together and to me it equals out to you not having enough time to get things done or you want stuff handed to you. If not, explain what you are after.

I know plenty about the event thank you. I know more about it than you know about reading, clearly, since I said some people don't have time to go around doing everything available and you start spewing out irrelevant maths. Plus you're assuming I'm geared enough to do the Ops? As I've said, we're not all unemployed...

guess not since I've done the SM ops and the 2 WB's on a toon geared in columi level equipment, PUG group even and no wipes.

Guess you didn't even bother to read my quote, you don't have to do much to get enough components, with very little time invested overall.

You tell me what you want then. I can't decode everything you write. All I got was you have a job, don't have raid gear. So I add them together and to me it equals out to you not having enough time to get things done or you want stuff handed to you. If not, explain what you are after.

I want an event that isn't dedicated to unemployed players and isn't designed so that the casual player is unable to get the rewards despite putting in time and effort to do the quests. "Come back next time!" is a pathetic idea and whoever came up with it should be sacked.

guess not since I've done the SM ops and the 2 WB's on a toon geared in columi level equipment, PUG group even and no wipes.

Guess you didn't even bother to read my quote, you don't have to do much to get enough components, with very little time invested overall.

Most groups I have seen have been taking a Rakata/Columi mix as minimum, which I don't have yet. Saying you don't have to do much and it takes little time is bollocks, sorry. If this system is decent, how come General chat is filled with various complaints about what a crappy idea it is?.

I want an event that isn't dedicated to unemployed players and isn't designed so that the casual player is unable to get the rewards despite putting in time and effort to do the quests. "Come back next time!" is a pathetic idea and whoever came up with it should be sacked.

so now your saying only unemployed people can complete this event and us "EMPLOYED" people can't

We are getting way off topic, the bottom line is there's nothing wrong with the components being bound and no reason for them to be BOL.

Edited by TheShootist

so now your saying only unemployed people can complete this event and us "EMPLOYED" people can't

Nope, I said I don't want an event dedicated to unemployed people. Ie, people with a lot of free time on their hands. The unemployed are just a good example.

The missions are limited per day/s, therefore even if you had a full 24 hours at your disposal you couldn't do any more than someone with only an hour or three to spare. In this respect, the event serves casual players as much as any other kind.

And everyone will have to "come back next time" regardless of the amount of time they have to play, as it is the reputation cap that prohibits the use of Champion level items, not the cost of buying them. Stop with the hyperbole and actually learn some facts about this event before having a knee-jerk whine.

Nope, I said I don't want an event dedicated to unemployed people. Ie, people with a lot of free time on their hands. The unemployed are just a good example.

14 day event and you don't have the time needed??? guess you didn't read some of my earlier post in this thread.

You don't have to do all the missions, nor do you have to do it every day, if you don't get the needed items this time around, the event will be back, so finish it then. That was the way it was intended, so casual players don't miss out on gear like that last 2 world events. And don't be one of the posters that wants everything handed to them on a silver platter......

The missions are limited per day/s, therefore even if you had a full 24 hours at your disposal you couldn't do any more than someone with only an hour or three to spare. In this respect, the event serves casual players as much as any other kind.

And everyone will have to "come back next time" regardless of the amount of time they have to play, as it is the reputation cap that prohibits the use of Champion level items, not the cost of buying them. Stop with the hyperbole and actually learn some facts about this event before having a knee-jerk whine.

Whatever. Can't argue with EAware fanboii's.

"Come back next time" is the WHOLE POINT of a recuring event. The whole idea is that you CANNOT get everything out of it during just one single occurence. Yes, there are things on that vendor that none or only few of use will manage to get. There are also some things that about everybody should be able to grab easily. Whether you find the "easy pickup" desirable or not is NOT an issue. It's actually a matter of logical game design to make the more desirable things unobtainable during the first occurance of the event. Why make something recurring if there's no incentive for players to revisit on later occurances?

It actually baffles me that Bioware decided to keep the vendors available between events. They should simply be gone at the end of the event. "POOF! See you next time!"