Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

The missions are limited per day/s, therefore even if you had a full 24 hours at your disposal you couldn't do any more than someone with only an hour or three to spare. In this respect, the event serves casual players as much as any other kind.

Personally I don't find it hard to do it 3x a day on my alts. For other people though having to do it every single day is what's difficult. If it was a bunch of weekly quests people would complain less.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't find it hard to do it 3x a day on my alts. For other people though having to do it every single day is what's difficult. If it was a bunch of weekly quests people would complain less.

Sorry but BW has deemed it unfair that you can do it 3 times a day on alts and someone with one toon can only do the quests once a day. Since alts give you an advantage this benefit will have to be removed.

Alts should not give you an advantage vs those that do not have alts. You're gaining reputation faster than them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In turn, BW is also considering the removal of legacy wide buffs as the benefit to alts is to great vs those without them during the leveling process.

Please review the legacy system and anything that gives you an advantage for having alts will now be considered for removal.

BW's new stance:

No one left behind who only has a single toon.

Edited by Quraswren

If you wanted to do that you should of had the components tied to several weeklies. You're pretty much forcing everyone to do it every single day this way.

Also this game is FULL OF DISADVANTAGES for people with alts. Have to grind gear multiple times. Have to pay for augments on multiple suits. Etc. Etc. Something needs to be an advantage with alts for once.

Legacy Bank, enough said.

Well, I will say more. With one bank you can share all your mats, gear collected and transfer gear you no longer need to your alts.

NOT AGREED.

They should definetly be Bound on pickup as you dont want everyone to run around with the same gear.

There SHOULD be very rare gear in the game which is not available for all with few hours of grind.

Need the gear? Play more.

Hows that work since everyone will eventually have this gear and only time in game this round will decide that? Not necessarily the BOP components but the amount of rep you farm with alts are still clearly giving an advantage.

Should that be changed too given BW's no alts giving an advantage stance?

However, nothing in this event will ever be rare. Everyone knows you cannot get this gear without massive amounts of time played and working the event rep tokens even after it's over. Getting it in a short amount of time is not the issue here.

My issue is making BOL components to limit what you can acquire through alts yet allow legacy wide rep that crosses factions. Designing all that reputation gain through multiple alts but tacking on a BOP component so that alts want give an advantage. Pretty convoluted game design when you design against yourself.

Placing BOP on components was made just to create a headache for gamers and has no real reason to be created that way since the real hindrance is the rep caps and how it will be manipulated after the events over to reach champion. The BOP mechanic here and the reason it was created that way goes against everything the legacy system was designed for - Giving you advantages for having alts.

Imagine if they removed all the alts advantages vs those that do not have them cause that's what BW just said was now on the design table.

Edited by Quraswren

Well you know this isn't a job. Anyone who approaches anything in a game with the mindset of it being something they 'have' to do is defeating the whole purpose of playing, in my opinion.

If weekly missions are your thing, then just treat it as weekly. As others have repeatedly pointed out, this event is recurring not a one time only thing, so eventually we will all get the rewards, whether we put in 1 hour per week during event time or 10. And fortunately the reputation is legacy bound, so no need to repeat it on alts if we don't wish to.

Edited by KariTalRathe

I want an event that isn't dedicated to unemployed players and isn't designed so that the casual player is unable to get the rewards despite putting in time and effort to do the quests. "Come back next time!" is a pathetic idea and whoever came up with it should be sacked.

Gotcha. So I was right. You want it all now cause you don't want to come back nex time. God forbid they out I. An event that takes a little time and leg work vs completing it in 2 days and complaining it was to short.

Gotcha. So I was right. You want it all now cause you don't want to come back nex time. God forbid they out I. An event that takes a little time and leg work vs completing it in 2 days and complaining it was to short.

No, you were wrong. I want at least one item now for all the time I'm putting into this crappy grind. Expecting people to grind out for two weeks for no rewards until a few months down the line is an insult. But you keep twisting my words however you like...

The BOP mechanic here and the reason it was created that way goes against everything the legacy system was designed for - Giving you advantages for having alts.

You may actually agree with this sentence, but you seem to have this notion that because a system exists to give you advantages for having alts, ANY NEW SYSTEM that does NOT go out of its way to allow 100% for similar advantages (even when it goes partially there, as reputation does) is somehow HAMPERING the previous system, as if the "alt-system" had some kind of inherent claim on that new design territory.

Personally, I think that's a bit silly.

Edited by Jagrevi

You may actually agree with this sentence, but you seem to have this notion that because a system exists to give you advantages for having alts, ANY NEW SYSTEM that does NOT go out of its way to allow 100% for similar advantages (even when it goes partially there) is somehow HAMPERING the previous system, as if the "alt-system" had some kind of inherent claim on that new design territory.

Reputation is an extension of the Legacy system, which is all about alts. Making the currency used to buy LEGACY gear BoP is stupid. Nobody is saying all new systems should be catered towards Legacy, but this one is, hence why people want it fixed.

Nobody is saying all new systems should be catered towards Legacy, but this one is, hence why people want it fixed.

Well it is *partially* - but not entirely (re:sometimes using BoP tokens), which is why we are here in the first place, no?

You may actually agree with this sentence, but you seem to have this notion that because a system exists to give you advantages for having alts, ANY NEW SYSTEM that does NOT go out of its way to allow 100% for similar advantages (even when it goes partially there, as reputation does) is somehow HAMPERING the previous system, as if the "alt-system" had some kind of inherent claim on that new design territory.

We'll I know I don't design something and then turn right around and design a new concept that that goes against what I just created and the entire reason I made it in the first place.

IF the weapon component was a real limiting factor for those that were putting in large amounts of game time I might would agree with you but that is not the case here.

The limiting factor will be the rep cap for most gamers, not the components. making the BOP is just an extra headache and will ultimately not affect the ones playing the game so it makes no sense to allow legacy wide anything and then add in the BOP weapon component when at the end it's not a factor. All it would do is allow a little more breathing room for those that are just barely doing enough.

The rep cap will be what gets most people. Not the components. That tells me, it was done for some trivial reason like, sorry, alts give you an advantage (which they are already doing through the rep system anyway) and BW just felt like tacking on something extra for no other reason then that they could.

I would agree with the OP, were it not for the fact that the Xenoanalyst fight was so easy and the amount of people wanting to do that fight so plentiful.

But as said by the person above me, the real limiting factor are reputation points.

Now, if rumours are true and the vendor will stay, you could grind all the reputation points and spend them over time to get to champion status.

Edited by GuruVII

NOT AGREED.

They should definetly be Bound on pickup as you dont want everyone to run around with the same gear.

There SHOULD be very rare gear in the game which is not available for all with few hours of grind.

Need the gear? Play more.

But you do realise that everyone will be running round in the same gear in 2 weeks right??

Your argument doesnt make sense they are not rare, and what bioware is doing by making them BoP is making everyone get them at the same time so everyone will be running round with the gear at the same time.

Well it is *partially* - but not entirely (re:sometimes using BoP tokens), which is why we are here in the first place, no?

Yes, to complain that the tokens do not match the event. Just because something is in game does not mean it should be.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

Sorry to say this, but that makes ZERO sense:

1. Why would that be a disadvantage? Isn't the whole point of the legacy system (you get BoL weapons, remember?) to have ADVANTAGES though alts?

2. Why would a player with only ONE 45+ char want a BoL weapon after all? Only because its "longer"??

3. Bioware should sincerely consider NOT aggravating players with multiple alts not further, as it's those people who are bored of content and are MOST likely to unsub. Players with one char likely find enough to do in the game afterall...

4. If you want to give us a carrot-on-a- stick, at least be smart about it, and don't - well heres this weapon, but you can't get it yet until the event is repeated so you better don't unsub yet!

No, you were wrong. I want at least one item now for all the time I'm putting into this crappy grind. Expecting people to grind out for two weeks for no rewards until a few months down the line is an insult. But you keep twisting my words however you like...

Lol twisting your words. I said you want it now. Your reply was, and I quote you: "No, you were wrong. I want at least one item now."

Why does it need to be NOW! I for one am looking forward to the day, someday I can weld that cool looking double blade. But I know I'm going to have to work for it it'll I want it.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo

They should still be Bind on Legacy. Often times, I'm asked to come with my healer to do the heroic or the ops quest, but I need the helixes on my Sentinel damage dealer who I never get into groups with. They should be bound on legacy.

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

I understand what you're syaing and it makes sense up to a point. Yes, someome with only one character at 45+ is at a disadvantage to getting reputation with any faction. But why is it fair to hinder those people that have put in the time to get multple characters to level 45+.

Your second comment is basically telling Gizmo is that if you want to get the Lightsaber sooner for your favorite character (i.e. Sentinel) he has to play his healer to get enough helixes to buy it. I realize this is not your fault but the fault of the different class/role populations inherent in the game. But now Gizmo will have to do all the event dailies on his healer rather than just doing the ops group stuff on his healer and doing the rest on his Sentinel and combining his helixes to get the Lightsaber.

For me, I'm not real worried about getting the weapons from this event right away. It would be nice to get the lightsaber so I could transfer hilts across to other toons but my next lightsaber using toon won't be close to hitting 50 for at least a few months or more. And it's really not needed since I'll probably just use my Black Hole comms to buy gear and pull out the mods to RE for the stabs and have a 63 hilt made anyway.

But so far the event is enjoyable. And when doing the PvP quests I get flashbacks of playing other MMO's on a PvP server. "It's a RED nameplate, KILL IT!!!!!!":rak_04:

Edited by Lusidious

but I need the helixes on my Sentinel damage dealer who I never get into groups with.

If people wont take your sentinel into groups then you are playing with very bad players. One of the strongest DPS classes in the game should not be having difficulty getting into a group.

So.....broken as intended then? Cool. I'll be able to buy nothing for a while then be able to buy 5 weapons at once. At least that'll allow me to buy my Merc matching guns at the same time.

Rakghoul DNA: unbound, Tokens of Enrichment: unbound, Gree Components: BoP. It's all about consistency.