Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

I really hope these gray helix components have been changed to bind on legacy. It ashame the components I have are restricted to one character I don't really play anymore.

I almost couldn't find this topic to necro. Almost made a new topic.

Edited by Nickious

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original intent was to prevent giving an advantage to people with lots of alts compared to those with only a few characters. But I feel the event has been around long enough and people have had enough time to get what they want even with just one character, that this potential unfair advantage has disappeared. Changing this would let those who already have most of the things they want actually do something with their leftover components they have spread out across multiple characters.

/signed

The original intent was to prevent giving an advantage to people with lots of alts compared to those with only a few characters.
Which is nonsense design considering the entire Rep grind is about giving advantage to people with lots of alts. They have to decide either one way or another. Edited by Pietrastor

Which is nonsense design considering the entire Rep grind is about giving advantage to people with lots of alts. They have to decide either one way or another.

I am sure they have decided and results are implemented as expected. You may not like them, but that is another story.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

So why are you punishing people that have invested alot of time into your game? Shouldn't we be rewarded for having multiple characters? This was a bad design choice from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that these should Legacy Bound. The event is seldom active, plus there are only a few missions that provide the tokens. Add to it that some of us actually work for a living and have various commitments, getting enough tokens to purchase high value items takes multiple events for a single character. Alternatively, add more missions that give tokens. All-in-all, the Gree event is rather poorly designed.

I've got 7 helix components sat there mocking me on a badly geared level 52 alt from when the event was level 50 :(

I had the same amount on another alt but fortunately he was 55, so I had to gear him up a little, but I'm still about 9 parts off to get the speeder...

You could bypass a lot of the complaining and uncertainty on here if you guys would just give us an idea (even a tentative one) as to how often that will be. A lot of people are assuming this is going to be annual until they're told otherwise, which leads to a lot of the frustration you see here. If it's every other month, then all of this is going to suddenly be a non-issue (more or less). If it's every year, then that''s not really "enough frequency" for most people.

Once a year? The event has been repeated thrice in 2013 alone...

I think Bioware is right on this one. It seems to me that all of the complaining is because people feel they should be able to achieve the final reward in the very first instance of a repeating event. Why? It is a repeating event!

The whole point is that you have some reason to play it again when it comes back. If you were able to finish everything in the first two weeks why would it even need to repeat!?

I think this is a case were people claim they know what they want, but if they actually got it they would just start complaining about how everything is too easy and "There's not enough to work for! I got everything in the first try!" complaint threads.

Bottom line, by the time the event rolls around for the 2nd or 3rd time everyone here will have everything they want and will stop complaining and someone like me will still be taking my sweet time grinding the rep.

I feel that the Helix Components should be BoL...agreeing with most statements made in this thread. But While my rep is maxed, according to your post, this event is useless to me now. Not true. While this event is on, I do it while doing weeklys on each toon (sect x, black hole, czerka, oricon and event) during bounty week, i did that despite having everything and max rep. same with the other areas. Know why I still do them? Creds...TON of creds. about 800k per toon for my weeklys sometimes more if i get good items.

I want BoL components for 1) storage after event is over 2) can give them to toon that needs the item I want and have earned enough tokens for.

Even IF this happens, and Gree keeps coming back...it will still be in weekly rotation.

It's not about getting the components "easy". It's about a reputation grind that encourages alts, and rewards are almost exclusively Bind on Legacy gear.

So why can't we pass the currency between alts that are going to share the gear anyway, and share the reputation grind for that matter?

It just blatantly a decision to slow down the grind for everyone, despite that the event has only occurred 3 times and was clearly meant to have "Legacy" as a major theme.

I have 6 alts with 10-15 Gray Helix Components each. Not really enough to do anything with for each character, but all together I could buy one of the recolored mounts for one of them.....you can imagine how much time was spent in the event accruing those components, so you can understand how it's a little frustrating that I can't combine the alts' stores to buy something for one of them.

And really, it's that simple: You're playing the event, you've spent the time to gain enough components, why shouldn't you be able to use them? It's not hurting anyone. The event has been out for a year already now, it's not like someone buying the re-color of the mount within this month's iteration is really bothering anyone, is it?

Really, is it bothering anyone that someone who has saved their components since January bought the recolored mount on day 1 of this month's iteration? Because pooling your own alts' components really isn't any different in the grand scheme of "We're playing a video game".

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

It's not about getting the components "easy". It's about a reputation grind that encourages alts, and rewards are almost exclusively Bind on Legacy gear.

So why can't we pass the currency between alts that are going to share the gear anyway, and share the reputation grind for that matter?

It just blatantly a decision to slow down the grind for everyone, despite that the event has only occurred 3 times and was clearly meant to have "Legacy" as a major theme.

I have 6 alts with 10-15 Gray Helix Components each. Not really enough to do anything with for each character, but all together I could buy one of the recolored mounts for one of them.....you can imagine how much time was spent in the event accruing those components, so you can understand how it's a little frustrating that I can't combine the alts' stores to buy something for one of them.

And really, it's that simple: You're playing the event, you've spent the time to gain enough components, why shouldn't you be able to use them? It's not hurting anyone. The event has been out for a year already now, it's not like someone buying the re-color of the mount within this month's iteration is really bothering anyone, is it?

Really, is it bothering anyone that someone who has saved their components since January bought the recolored mount on day 1 of this month's iteration? Because pooling your own alts' components really isn't any different in the grand scheme of "We're playing a video game".

Almost everything is based on Legacy .. HK-51 for example, If you don't use CC to buy Treek , you need Legacy level 40. And what about the Bounty Event? You can only do 1 Bounty per day per toon and 1 Kingpin per week. But of course, you can buy the tokens ... Rakghoul Event ... you could buy the tokens as well .. the same with the first Gree Event (With the Bowcasters), you could sell those as well.

I understand the need to make it completely fair to players who are either new or wont roll alts (I knew a few people like this), but why is every other event's tokens NOT bound and have Legacy stuff (BoL Bowcaster!) but the Gree event is the ONLY one that they are worried about ... I understand that it is recurring, but what about the Bounty stuff? Those tokens are being sold all the time and it comes back once a month!

I doubt it will be changed though, I believe the last time the event was up, people were asking about ti as well and got the same answer (Even though Double XP Weekend was not too long ago).

No Bind On Legacy = all your characters get 1 weapon at the same time.

Bind On Legacy = player can use all their characters that they leveled to their benefit and obtain 1 weapon at a time earlier.

The equipment is all BOL, why not the parts to obtain them?

This wave a new players cry alot, just have patience like almost everyone else..be happy you didnt have to spend 48helix components for a mount that is 16now, just different color, antannea and an extra bar ontop.. looks a little generic when i compare it to my blue one. but its still nice.. .

All you qq newbies can get it in a week of hm/sm xeno 16man and after you get rep for it. be glad..

This wave a new players cry alot, just have patience like almost everyone else..be happy you didnt have to spend 48helix components for a mount that is 16now, just different color, antannea and an extra bar ontop.. looks a little generic when i compare it to my blue one. but its still nice.. .

All you qq newbies can get it in a week of hm/sm xeno 16man and after you get rep for it. be glad..

This thread was began Feb 2013. So no doubtful its just the new wave who is angry. Its a pain in the *** when it doesn't have to be because virtually all the other events have tokens that can be exchanged between alts.

Supported this fully last year. Now with the cyan mount and the digitizer cube, it's an ok compromise giving the people who farmed this hard on one char a rarer ( and slightly uglier :D ) mount and everybody else nice stuff to buy with alts.

Still wouldn't mind bind on legady, but the Gree event now caters alot less to the 24/7 clientele than it did in the past. I like it alot, but hope we don't have to wait half a year or longer to see it again.