Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

The problem is not with the weapons. Please listen...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not with the weapons. Please listen...

^^ what Mevan said...

We would like to COLLECT all our components on a single TOON. Those folks that have multiple 50's and run whatever is needed for a group are at a slight disadvantage in the fact they would need to run dailies on EVERYONE of them to get an item. Moving the actual weapon later on is not an issue. Taking 3-4 toons twice as long to complete as many missions needed to get multiple items. For me - I'm only really wanting 1-2 items in total, but might chase down collecting more later. Right now - time wise - I'm forced to use a single TOON so I can obtain all the tokens on him.

Please > Make the tokens BOL (Simple request and zero value not doing this). Those hard core gamers can go farm every toon every day. Heck they are already farming the bosses hardcore anyways and shafting causal gamers from those components.

Edited by dscount

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

ye gods...

so some imagined "penalty" to players with only one 50 prevents players with more than one 50 from utilizing the LEGACY system to any effect by enjoying playing multiple 50s instead of just one ad infinitum all event???

Until you reach 18/24 pieces the grey helix are useless spread out over multiple characters. The item bought is LEGACY bound, why on earth would the item to buy it not be LEGACY bound too? It really makes no matter who collects the helix when I ""purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel"" does it?? Penalizing me for using more than one character is completely arbitrary, and goes against everything the whole LEGACY system was intended for...

please think these things through properly. You are basically penalizing us long time players because you dont want us putting players with just one 50 at some perceived disadvantage??? which in reality is no disadvantage at all.

I am underwhelmed by the decision making on this project.

We have waited a year for Bind on Legacy Sabers, since we got the Bind on Legacy Blasters, so my response to you for saying that we will have to wait again for the "next time around" to get our Bind on Legacy Saber that we have already waited a year for is this.....

yeah you need to adress this legacy sabers ASAP. we have waited long enough for those!!!

give us this goddamn sabers ****

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

I guess I just don't see why it shouldn't be a massive advantage to have multiple 50s? We did put the time in playing your game. Tokens for the previous events were tradable, which was a nice element in that people could farm and buy tokens and the items they received, and yes, people with many alts had a much easier time collecting rewards.

I so ended up gaining most of the tokens on my healer, not one of my dps, which is not ideal for grinding out rep and tokens every day. If I'd realized early on the limitations on how many you could earn and that nothing was going to be tradable, I wouldn't have earned so many on my healer. One of the things that I love about SWTOR and have a ton of alts is that I'm not forced to play any one character or role on any one day--that I can switch between tanking, different styles of dps, and healing, whenever I feel like it. Now I have to grind out everything on my healer for two weeks if I want a reward. I'll do it, but that's just not as fun, nor how I've become accustomed to playing the game...(and it really sucks to be a healer and heal someone who is flagged, making me flagged, and then get ganked by people in pvp gear when I'm grinding pve in my pve stuff)

What I don't get, is I thought the Legacy system was designed to encourage us to level other classes. To explore the other stories, to see all the content.

And now we're supposed to stick to one class in order to grind something that's also supposed to support the goals of the legacy system?

Did you guys fall down and hit your heads?

we cant get our sabers in time geez. i remember seeing a posts where you guys promise us the legacy saber in the NEXT event (which is this one) and not the one of the same kind that is recurring in maybe next year!!!!

if you dont give us the saber then its a lie. all about the rep standing needed for the weapon is beyond horrible

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

This event is definitely a fiasco, thanks for confirming this. There is no doubt that you have no clues about what players want from their game and you are totally unable to meet that demand.

No one is asking our phat Legacy lightsaber right here and now, but once again leaving that event without that long awaited Legacy melee weapon is nothing but disappointing. There is nothing really rewarded for running the Gree event.

Also your argument is invalid, running the past events on several alts was never an issue to you. Why did it suddenly become an issue? Unless I forgot that F2Pers have now more value than subscribers to your eyes.

Edited by demotivator

yeah you need to adress this legacy sabers ASAP. we have waited long enough for those!!!

give us this gosh darn sabers ****

I'm only interested in the Saber as well and about done with waiting. Don't mind grinding for it, but walking away from a 2 week event and NOTHING physical (IE: 1 Item) to show for it is going to pretty much PISS OFF a lot of people. (Me included and the guy above leaving a creative response) :p

SUGGESTION: Next weeks patch includes two things 1) Components = BOL and 2) Sabers sold @ lower rep level

(IE: Can purchase this 2 week period with <24,000 REP Point status)

Everyone has been waiting since the Chevin event to get a Legacy Saber that was kinda of promised to be in the next event. Doing the math.. NO REALLY A TRUE STATEMENT. No possible way to obtain one this event, but instead the next one unless you do a trick with stock piling multiple REP items to use in week 3 and week 4 with the ability to BARELY buy a saber from the vendor (If he isn't yanked after 1-2 weeks).

Edited by dscount

I guess I just don't see why it shouldn't be a massive advantage to have multiple 50s? We did put the time in playing your game. Tokens for the previous events were tradable, which was a nice element in that people could farm and buy tokens and the items they received, and yes, people with many alts had a much easier time collecting rewards.

I so ended up gaining most of the tokens on my healer, not one of my dps, which is not ideal for grinding out rep and tokens every day. If I'd realized early on the limitations on how many you could earn and that nothing was going to be tradable, I wouldn't have earned so many on my healer. One of the things that I love about SWTOR and have a ton of alts is that I'm not forced to play any one character or role on any one day--that I can switch between tanking, different styles of dps, and healing, whenever I feel like it. Now I have to grind out everything on my healer for two weeks if I want a reward. I'll do it, but that's just not as fun, nor how I've become accustomed to playing the game...(and it really sucks to be a healer and heal someone who is flagged, making me flagged, and then get ganked by people in pvp gear when I'm grinding pve in my pve stuff)

Good post, that sums up what is happening. Even groups who use companion as healer and your companion heals your group member who is pvp flagged makes YOU flagged aswell funny isnt it?

I have a feeling Bioware made this choice with BoP helixes just we would have to continue next time event comes back. They planned this to be long run grind if you want more than one legacy weapon.

Im reading this behind the lines Jesse and Amber trying to explain. It was clear when this event started that there will be very limited amount helixes will be given out in "first phase" of this event.

Its another thing to explain to community that this event is totally different than previous ones... by putting caps and locks for dailys and also not possible to get more components with event mission progression (once you get into Glee its done).

Edited by Divona

I'm only interested in the Saber as well and about done with waiting. Don't mind grinding for it, but walking away from a 2 week event and NOTHING physical (IE: 1 Item) to show for it is going to pretty much PISS OFF a lot of people. (Me included and the guy above leaving a creative response) :p

SUGGESTION: Next weeks patch includes two things 1) Components = BOL and 2) Sabers sold @ lower rep level

(IE: Can purchase this 2 week period with <24,000 REP Point status)

Everyone has been waiting since the Chevin event to get a Legacy Saber that was kinda of promised to be in the next event. Doing the math.. NO REALLY A TRUE STATEMENT. No possible way to obtain one this event, but instead the next one unless you do a trick with stock piling multiple REP items to use in week 3 and week 4 with the ability to BARELY buy a saber from the vendor (If he isn't yanked after 1-2 weeks).

its all about this lightsaber. why would they promise that, then put it in the actuall event that is supposed to give it to us, just to piss us off?

its all about this lightsaber. why would they promise that, then put it in the actuall event that is supposed to give it to us, just to piss us off?

I know! I hear ya. Just want ONE item from this event. Later I'll start building a cool red gear set, but I've been waiting for this saber. My level of excitement to run to Ilum was rapidly decreased once I discovered that. I'll go grind and max out my 24k REP, but that's about it. This was a big let down in my opinion. Having an event and walking away with nothing but REP Points. Jeez... :mad:

Edited by dscount

I think Bioware is right on this one. It seems to me that all of the complaining is because people feel they should be able to achieve the final reward in the very first instance of a repeating event. Why? It is a repeating event!

The whole point is that you have some reason to play it again when it comes back. If you were able to finish everything in the first two weeks why would it even need to repeat!?

I think this is a case were people claim they know what they want, but if they actually got it they would just start complaining about how everything is too easy and "There's not enough to work for! I got everything in the first try!" complaint threads.

Bottom line, by the time the event rolls around for the 2nd or 3rd time everyone here will have everything they want and will stop complaining and someone like me will still be taking my sweet time grinding the rep.

I think Bioware is right on this one. It seems to me that all of the complaining is because people feel they should be able to achieve the final reward in the very first instance of a repeating event. Why? It is a repeating event!

The whole point is that you have some reason to play it again when it comes back. If you were able to finish everything in the first two weeks why would it even need to repeat!?

I think this is a case were people claim they know what they want, but if they actually got it they would just start complaining about how everything is too easy and "There's not enough to work for! I got everything in the first try!" complaint threads.

Bottom line, by the time the event rolls around for the 2nd or 3rd time everyone here will have everything they want and will stop complaining and someone like me will still be taking my sweet time grinding the rep.

i have to disagree. its not about getting everything, i dont even need everything. i just want that stupid lightsaber that they promised to us! with the rest i have no problem to get even the 4th time if it has to be

TL;DR: If you farm the WB you MIGHT get a weapon, if you do not farm the WB you WILL NOT get a weapon until some unknown time in the future.

Lame, just lame, it is just a lure to keep people subbing til the next time it comes and then there will be some other BS lure.

Would not be half as lame if they had not failed to fix the double bladed sabers from Cartel, but no, those still only show one blade, duh.

Agreed. I have been playing for 14 months. The last events ALL had awards and rewards that made it feel worth my time to do. We should have had legacy sabers in game LONG ago...it was silly not to have them with the first part of the gree event.

I don't mind working a week or 2 to get something that I really dont need ( just would like) but I DO mind working for a week or 2 with the limited playtime I have afer being a full time working mom and STILL not being able to get the silly saber.

The fact that Bioware cannot see what the playerbase clearly wants here speaks volumes.

And, to me, the fact that Bioware will not even coe out and tell us when the event will return...says volumes more.

Please tell me now if this thing is not coming back for 3 or 4 months so I can simply stop wasting my time right now as to me its not worth waiting that long for something that already I dont " need" just would be nice to have.

Clearly you have chosen to discriminate against ALL force users by making it so easy for non force users to have a legacy wep but for force users we haev to jump thru far more hoops for a wep that in this case is only cosmetic.

Agreed. I have been playing for 14 months. The last events ALL had awards and rewards that made it feel worth my time to do. We should have had legacy sabers in game LONG ago...it was silly not to have them with the first part of the gree event.

I don't mind working a week or 2 to get something that I really dont need ( just would like) but I DO mind working for a week or 2 with the limited playtime I have afer being a full time working mom and STILL not being able to get the silly saber.

The fact that Bioware cannot see what the playerbase clearly wants here speaks volumes.

And, to me, the fact that Bioware will not even coe out and tell us when the event will return...says volumes more.

Please tell me now if this thing is not coming back for 3 or 4 months so I can simply stop wasting my time right now as to me its not worth waiting that long for something that already I dont " need" just would be nice to have.

Clearly you have chosen to discriminate against ALL force users by making it so easy for non force users to have a legacy wep but for force users we haev to jump thru far more hoops for a wep that in this case is only cosmetic.

agreed, besides and i need and want it bad lol

jesse is a dude.

i have been doing these quests on 5 different characters, and soem only have 12 components, others have 3... i have yet to down xeno analyist, so i have to hope that some of my guild are still unlocked otherwise i am out like 8 components this week.

getting 24 seems like a gold ring in a infinite radius carosle.

I disagree with your first point and agree about the reason to play again later. Last event was overkill. I was able to buy EVERY ITEM! That was way too much, this time I just want ONE item. And the way it is setup you can't even do that. I think it's great that I have to wait to gear up a complete suit, but lame we can't get at least one item.

I disagree with your first point and agree about the reason to play again later. Last event was overkill. I was able to buy EVERY ITEM! That was way too much, this time I just want ONE item. And the way it is setup you can't even do that. I think it's great that I have to wait to gear up a complete suit, but lame we can't get at least one item.

My only 50 on my second account is a Gunslinger. Pity dual-wield classes! :'(

Okay, I see your point. But really what we are now talking about is a matter of degrees. They made it a little too hard to get even one item in the time it takes one event to run. It sounds like that was a mistake. That doesn't seem to justify the amount of nerd rage that is being thrown around in this thread.

Again, by the time the second event rolls around everyone here that is throwing a fit will be able to earn their items and they will be happy.

That said some indication of WHEN the next event will occur may be in order.

That said some indication of WHEN the next event will occur may be in order.

That adds to the frustration I think as well. Lack of communication and "Not knowing" just fuels my rage as well. If I knew that next month at the same time I could finish this event and wrap up the purchase of that one special item I'd totally be fine with that. (Knowing exactly when I could complete something).

Common Sense must have been removed from the whole REP points scale to purchase things. Unless something that hasn't happened yet changes that fact. (REP Point weekly lockout prevent that)

Why didn't the REP GEAR Scale like BH purchases? You could buy Gree Gloves in the 1st REP Tier, Boots in 2nd REP Tier, Belt/Bracers in 3rd REP Tier, Chest/Pants in 4th REP Tier and then Head piece in 5th REP Tier. Just thinking out loud here. Sabers in the 2nd Tier would have made sense (Not fourth tier) as pets are in the first one.

Edited by dscount

You do realize it is mathmatically impossible to get any of the weapons with a one a day gree component...

The event is for 2 weeks, which is 14 days... (to get enough components you need at least 18 days)

I don't have a problem with the gree component being bind on pickup, I do have a problem with the event's requirements being so high coupled with the fact it isn't even possible to get any of the items that one is really after...