Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

Is bioware trolling us with these responses?

This event just feels like its punishing me for having 3+ 50s,like BW is telling us "ONLY PLAY ONE CHARACTER"

There are multiple weapons and the weapons are bound to legacy. If you collect helixs on 3 different toons every day, you'll be able to easy buy three of the weapons in no time. Which is still a huge advantage for people that have multiple 50s. People with only one 45+ character will have to spend a ton more time trying to obtain enough to buy 3 or 4 of the weapons. So, advantage = you.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gimped how? 1 per day for heroic = 14 possible during event, 2 for completing a mission after you reach newcomer status, 6 for SM WB, 8 for HM WB that is a total of 44 possible components during the event on each toon so far.

example:

do 2 SM ops, complete mission, and 4 of the daily heroic and you have enough to get the lightsaber, yup just need to play 4 days for a few hours at most.

Because I don't have time for that because I can't call in sick just to play.

There are multiple weapons and the weapons are bound to legacy. If you collect helixs on 3 different toons every day, you'll be able to easy buy three of the weapons in no time. Which is still a huge advantage for people that have multiple 50s. People with only one 45+ character will have to spend a ton more time trying to obtain enough to buy 3 or 4 of the weapons. So, advantage = you.

I dont want 3,I want 1,the lightsaber.

I already have more then enough reputation and components stacked for atleast 2(But on different alts..),but BW is holding it back,even though I have the requirements.

Just don't see why they are limiting people with big legacys when they promoted it so much..

Than if necessary, get the items the next time this year the event returns (confirmed multiple times this year).

Saying that rewards should take less time to achieve because I have less time is ridiculous. What if I only have 1 hour - should all rewards be obtainable in 1 hour?

You'll get your items, the event will return. I will *never* get my bowcaster because I was busy that week no matter how much I want it, but that's not a problem. It's a vanity item. There are SUPPOSE to be obstacles in the way to getting them. I don't NEED or DESERVE all items in the game just because I pay my subscription fee.

Edited by Jagrevi

not true, you have an advantage over someone that has just one level 50 doing the event.

How?I can only obtain 12k legacy a week,thats one day on 3 chars.

Gray Helix isn't transferable and I can't see the point in buying anything other then the lightsaber.

Make the legacy mean something,if your gonna make the rep legacy bound make the currency of the event legacy bound aswell..

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

Completely agree, Jesse. Good job keeping the power gamers from burning through your system in a couple weeks and giving them further unfair advantages over those of us who are more casual, have jobs, families, etc.

People complaining fairly viciously because prestige item is hard to get ...

I appreciate that the tokens are BOP. It prevents the reward items from being too easy to get.

How is that even true when the larger limiting factor is not the weapon components (though it is still a issue) but actually getting the required rep level.

Sure, the token is rather poor design decision to speed bump the process even more but getting the champion rep level will take some dedication on the players part through lots of play time. No matter what, getting any weapon for this event will take effort and the greater effort is getting the rep level.

All people here are really accomplishing is making someone's job at Bioware unnecessarily frustrating dealing with this incessant complaining.

The why make a forum board in the first place if they do not want feedback from players. Complaints on poorly created design decisions that goes against an entire system (legacy system and the advantage alts give you) in the game are warranted especially when BW says alts giving advantages vs what others have is why it was done.

Their job is to put obstacles in the way of obtaining things to make certain vanity items harder to get. BOP tokens are an entirely fair form of restriction to make obtaining certain vanity gears harder.

The obstacle in front of players for this event is already time as well as repetition. You have to do it nearly everyday for 2 weeks on one toon to get what you want and do everything multiple times.

I'd say that's a big obstacle. Adding in BOP components and saying the reason you did it is cause alts give an advantage is quite a large design flaw given how legacy has been working. Hell, even the reputation gained is cross faction meaning they were Ok with alts giving an advantage but not components. Seems BW is not entirely liking the legacy system after all.

I honestly hope that there is future content with BOP tokens.

People please, just because you pay a subscription fee (or even don't, now), doesn't automatically entitle you to being able to easily obtain every item in the game. (Signed as someone who may never obtain HK-51 due to not being willing to repeat a story flashpoint involved for story-continuity reasons.)

No one can instantly get anything in this event or automatically due to the reputation caps and the reputation level needed to get the more interesting items of this event. You have to invest quite a large bit of gaming time to get to that level which is well above the normal person play time and you think that means there entitled?

I think you have no idea what you're talking about since no one in the entire game can even get close to obtaining every time much less automatically or quickly.

Is bioware trolling us with these responses?

This event just feels like its punishing me for having 3+ 50s,like BW is telling us "ONLY PLAY ONE CHARACTER"

No, it means you can't powergame yourself to all the rewards in a week. Then QQ next week about having nothing to do. This is an age old complaint by those with nothing us going on in their lives but to play TOR for 4-6 hours a day, every day.

I realize you may not specifically be saying this, but this is the side effect. If they made grey helixes (or whatever they are called) bind on legacy , then content would be rendered worthless within 2 weeks. That's not good design.

As it stands, most people are going to want two of the weapons anyway - a gun and a saber - for legacy use/transfer purposes. Just pick your favorite character and do the HEROIC on the same character each day. You can do every other, I stress EVERY other quest on whatever alt you want with no negative effect.

Seriously, why is everyone configured to whine about anything and everything these days? It's pathetic.

Edited by islander

The weekly cap doesn't really matter. Just keep the items and level up the faction rank when the cap resets. The vendor is still sticking around after the 2 weeks are up.

It's a huge advantage.

I have-already have enough to get to champion but I have to wait 3 weeks..

How many alts you have that are level 45+??? take each to fleet and pick up mission, go to area and turn them in to get an instant 270 rep each. Do all the easy PVE quest on each alt in turn and you'll have newcomer status in no time.

Wow is sound like you have no time at all to do this event and expect the get all the items for doing nothing. It's 14 days long, What I spelled out amounts to less than an hour of time each day of the event.

Foe me personally, there will be days I simply can't play, so I had to grind as much as I could, just to see where the event was heading. Now that I'm way ahead of the ball, I can now slow down and not press it. I have a guildie that have very limited times that he can play, yet he achieved newcomer status last night following my suggestions.

Avoid all PVP quest if your limited on time, they aren't needed......

Edited by TheShootist

How is that even true when the larger limiting factor is not the weapon components (though it is still a issue) but actually getting the required rep level.

Not what this thread is about. This thread is people complaining that tokens should be BOL so they get their full advantage to obtaining the items with their alts.

Sure, the token is rather poor design decision to speed bump the process even more but getting the champion rep level will take some dedication on the players part through lots of play time.

Not what this thread is about. This thread is people complaining that tokens should be BOL so they get their full advantage to obtaining the items with their alts.

The why make a forum board in the first place if they do not want feedback from players. Complaints on poorly created design decisions that goes against an entire system (legacy system and the advantage alts give you) in the game are warranted especially when BW says alts giving advantages vs what others have is why it was done.

Complaints are cool. Some people - not necessarily you - were being rather rude though. That's less cool.

I disagree that since having alts gives you advantages (and it certainly does for a heck of alot - including the reputation system) it HAS to give you an advantage for every system it can be designed to give you an advantage for,

The obstacle in front of players for this event is already time as well as repetition. You have to do it nearly everyday for 2 weeks on one toon to get what you want and do everything multiple times.

I'd say that's a big obstacle. Adding in BOP components and saying the reason you did it is cause alts give an advantage is quite a large design flaw given how legacy has been working.

No more than not being able to share Warzone commendations is a "flaw in the legacy system".

Hell, even the reputation gained is cross faction meaning they were Ok with alts giving an advantage but not components. Seems BW is not entirely liking the legacy system after all.

This is a strange backwards complaint regarding that you are still being given an advantage, so I'm going to amicably file this one under 'rhetoric'.

No one can instantly get anything in this event or automatically due to the reputation caps and the reputation level needed to get the more interesting items of this event.

Yes, I was employing hyperbole. My emphasis was that it doesn't matter. It does require gameplay.

You have to invest quite a large bit of gaming time to get to that level which is well above the normal person play time and you think that means there entitled?

What about the people who don't have the TIME to level up a bunch of 50's? You see it's time either way, not even less time invested. It's not a difference of time invested, or a difference of whether or not people get their rewards. It's merely a difference in whether or not you get the rewards in the next couple weeks. The event is returning multiple times this year, it's been confirmed.

The (RUDE) complaints (Just the rude ones), do strike me as entitlement, yes. Because they are insisting it be easier to get their rewards (NOW).

If you have even a single 50, obviously you have time the game. It will NOT take you more investment than this to get the items. It simply will to ge the items right now

I should be clear.

THEY ARE VANITY ITEMS. IF IT TAKES 200 HOURS TO GET THEM, THAT WOULD BE FAIR.

BECAUSE THEY ARE VANITY ITEMS.

Edited by Jagrevi

I have-already have enough to get to champion but I have to wait 3 weeks..

then why are you complaining? Because you have to wait? I too already have enough for champion, almost legend as well and have enough to purchase the lightsaber, which is really all I wanted from this event. For me the rest is just gravy.

Sorry you have to wait another 3 weeks before you can get your weapon, but everybody is in the same boat. Do I like the rep cap, not one bit, but I do understand why and not gonna cry about it. At least next week there's gonna be a bunch of people running around in Tron outfits......

they funny thing is that even you get 18 or 24 token you cant purshase anything since you need champion rep to do so :D

Yes but you can easily get that in 4 weeks.

(And before you object, you can easily get that many faction items in 2 weeks, and get the items from the vendor after the event has ended)

Welcome to MMo's, where the devs wants u to stay playing and lolgrinding for that littleshinny thing that u need

For this instance it's not just that.

It's that the entire legacy system and how this decision pretty much goes against the entire point of legacy.

Legacy encourages alts. You get advantages for leveling alts in multiple ways.

This event pushes legacy in a big way to the point you get reputation across the entire faction. Empire to Republic. Legacy perks and advantages. Alts also stack into the same reputation level.

But to then say, "Sorry the reason we didn't make BOL weapon components is cause your alts give you an advantage. (which BTW is the entire reason the legacy system was created so that alts gave you an advantage)

I know more people see the messed up game design there given how the legacy system is designed and how it encourages alts for the advantage but then they design the game to make sure alts do not given an advantage.

Might as well scrap the whole system at this point since it gives those with alts an advantage.

I've read Biowares response and I probably have to agree with them.

All I'm seeing from everyone else (not all) is a "I want it NOW" attitude. They are acting like kids in a store at Christmas time. They see that shinning new toy in the window. They know it's there, they know they will have have it soon, but they stomp their feet cause its not in ther hand immediately.

Look I'm a very causal player. I maybe get and hour or 2 a day if I'm lucky. Most day no time. But in 2 days with the event I have 9 components. I'm half way there already. I like knowing that I'm actually working for something, even it's only a cosmetic toy.

1. How so? One of the cheapest legacy armour sets allow you to transfer old, bound armour/mods/enhancements/augments between any number of your own characters.

Old mods/armoring/hilts/barrels are not useful on alts. They're all different stats. This is exactly what I mean by a "blind spot". Because you don't do the alt thing you didn't think of this. It's what I suspect is happening with the devs.

The rest of your list is basically the same problem. There's all sorts of stuff you're missing because you are not a full time alt freak. There's no valid argument that can say this game lacks basic quality of life features for altoholics.

In a game where the biggest selling point is class stories that is a TRAGIC flaw.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

Despite what others are saying, this strikes me as an obviously sensible line to take. I hope the vocal minority don't influence the direction of this event.

Despite what others are saying, this strikes me as an obviously sensible line to take. I hope the vocal minority don't influence the direction of this event.

Please log into the game and ask what people think about not being able to get enough event currency to buy a weapon then come back and tell me the majority said they were happy. Don't make things up please.