So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhrm I really don't see the problem...

9.99 dollars

I think you'll be alright without one McDonalds meal. If you like the game then support it, creating digital products is not free, paying your bills is not for free.

Support the game!

I support the game with 15 dollars a month plus my pre-order long before it was released, and my loyalty through the long stretch of no content updates. Furthermore, it doesnt matter what the price is, the MMO market has competition and i compare this product to it's competitors, whom currently are providing superior content updates for their subscribers at no additional charge, with expansions that include far more content than a single zone and a 5 level cap raise. This is content-update level stuff, but they want to nickle and dime us instead of giving us content updates like should be given to paying subscribers.

Again i point to trion, i'm not a rift fan but their developer is great, they have already published more than triple the content through updates than SWTOR has done in its lifetime, all major SWTOR content so-far after this will be additional-expense content. Hell, even STO is outpacing SWTOR now with a whole planet, guild updates, and more quests at no additional charge to its customers. Its bad when STO is releasing more content updates without charging than SWTOR...

Edited by Zyrious

5 more levels ? I'll do them in 3 :cool:

Will it count all the xp I have already accumulated above the level 50 ? ;)

I'm sure to be at least level 56 already :eek:

Anyway, i'm already equipped with lvl 58 to 61 gear ... Will we find lvl 100 gear in there ? :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to find where they ever said it was going to be free at all. The last I heard they were undecided on if it was going to be free or not to subs. This just confirms that it wont be free. Hell... subs even get a discount on the price.

I was going to be really angry if they took a single planet and a lvl cap raise and called it an expansion. Luckily at this price they went for a mini expansion with which i could be ok with if:

It scales all Hm fp to new lvl cap

It scales all ops to new lvl cap

It has some additional content other than what advertised

It comes with a random boon, like the mentoring system, a mioi game or something on that level.

I like those people who are so fast to forget dev stated subscribers won't get charged for makeb. But i guess i'm in the minority of people for whom word still means something. Oh well i guess world is heading in direction where what comes out of persons mouth is worth as much as what comes out of their backside and majority people are actually fine with it.....

And it took you an MMO to realize that, eh? Are you a teenager? Because in the grown-up world, seeing is believing.

But just to be clear they've said in the past that they were thinking about it, not that you'd get it for free. Plus, the details of what this expansion will be are so little right now that even if you are right, we will not know until we know everything that will be included.

Edited by TheNahash

I was going to be really angry if they took a single planet and a lvl cap raise and called it an expansion. Luckily at this price they went for a mini expansion with which i could be ok with if:

It scales all Hm fp to new lvl cap

It scales all ops to new lvl cap

It has some additional content other than what advertised

It comes with a random boon, like the mentoring system, a mioi game or something on that level.

If they some how get scaling to work this game could be something. Though I feel they will just give up on it and go the WoW route of making everything obsolete every expansion.

BW is stupidly greeeeeeeeeeeeedy, and its this stupid greed that gonna kill them together with the game. Hopefully. Why the hell do you need to charge subs, what are you thinking ?? Many will leave from revolt I am sure. This will just make things worse for everyone. And you wont get more money - WHY? Because you will lose subs... aaargh this is like talking to buffalos.

GREED IS BAD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If they some how get scaling to work this game could be something. Though I feel they will just give up on it and go the WoW route of making everything obsolete every expansion.

I`m not going to dig that out, but they stated that they will go for the rescale route.

I remember being told Makeb would be free to subscribers (when they first started planned F2P), but I can't find any posts/podcasts about it (okay, I'm actually too lazy to look too super hard). Can someone post a link to where they indicated it would be free for subs?

I have the link to where they became wishy washy and said they weren't sure if it would go into the cartel market or be charged for in another way or free.

They said they were not sure if this would be free cause " It is quite a beefy amount of content", since i don't consider a single planet a beefy amount of content i guess there is more in there than what advertised.

We can only hold our judgement on this until we see what's in it.

Bottom line is that they just want more of our money and im guessing most people will be more than happy to fork it over to a company that produces constant bugged / glitched content w/ IMO the worst customer service that ive experienced to date. The news would love to hear some of these horror stories im sure.

Bottom line is that they just want more of our money and im guessing most people will be more than happy to fork it over to a company that produces constant bugged / glitched content w/ IMO the worst customer service that ive experienced to date. The news would love to hear some of these horror stories im sure.

Oh yes, i'm sure it'd be frontpage news.

"This just in, a business is attempting to make money! More on pages 6-8 on this shocking event completely unprecedented in all of human history."

This just in:

BW/EA near criminal in how it treats its paying customers w/ poor product and customer service ... I'd love for you to spend hours on hold only to not have anything resolved or have your credit card charged and not receive your CC ... i guess you don't care about any of your fellow players but yourself :)

I support the game with 15 dollars a month plus my pre-order long before it was released, and my loyalty through the long stretch of no content updates. Furthermore, it doesnt matter what the price is, the MMO market has competition and i compare this product to it's competitors, whom currently are providing superior content updates for their subscribers at no additional charge, with expansions that include far more content than a single zone and a 5 level cap raise. This is content-update level stuff, but they want to nickle and dime us instead of giving us content updates like should be given to paying subscribers.

Again i point to trion, i'm not a rift fan but their developer is great, they have already published more than triple the content through updates than SWTOR has done in its lifetime, all major SWTOR content so-far after this will be additional-expense content. Hell, even STO is outpacing SWTOR now with a whole planet, guild updates, and more quests at no additional charge to its customers. Its bad when STO is releasing more content updates without charging than SWTOR...

Agree with this but will wait to hear reports from PTS. But as it stands right now I may end up cancelling my sub before then. Really don't like where the business model of this game is headed right now.

I left Wow because I had enough of paying an expansion while already paying a subscription.

Well, I guess I've found my reason to leave SWTOR.

Paying for a fake expansion with no class story (just a planet storyline, this was confirmed by lead writer Hall Hood) while paying a subscription already?

No thanks.

I'll let my subscription run out and be done with you Bioscrooge.

What long stretch? We've gotten six updates in a year. 2 FPs, 2 OPs, 2 solo endgame areas, 2 warzones, 2 events, new space mission, new gear tier and multiple mechanics upgrades: Legacy, Group Finder, match to chest.

If you like those other games, feel free to go play them. STO is F2P, Rift is garbage, but if you want to pay for it, be my guest.

What long stretch? We've gotten six updates in a year. 2 FPs, 2 OPs, 2 solo endgame areas, 2 warzones, 2 events, new space mission, new gear tier and multiple mechanics upgrades: Legacy, Group Finder, match to chest.

If you like those other games, feel free to go play them. STO is F2P, Rift is garbage, but if you want to pay for it, be my guest.

This....thats about as much content update as any other MMORPG has put out in its first twelve months afaik...

People forget that when they are just desperate to bash...like the same way people forget that any other western MMORPG except for WoW would literally KILL to have SWTORs active sub base, it's kind of hard to bash the game when you include facts like that lol :)

Driz

This should have been ingame from launch.. so they are actually fixing stuff that already should have been here.

They are WAY behind with ''new'' content/ mechanics. and updates.

This....thats about as much content update as any other MMORPG has put out in its first twelve months afaik...

People forget that when they are just desperate to bash...like the same way people forget that any other western MMORPG except for WoW would literally KILL to have SWTORs active sub base, it's kind of hard to bash the game when you include facts like that lol :)

Driz

Its not, Rift had far more, with a smaller player base, budget and dev team.

However the problem really is they said it would be free for subscribers and then changed their minds, they can't expect people just to forget that.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies. Is all we ever hear from you bioware. 5 lvl cap increase and 1 planet is your definition of paid expansion bioware? Really?

Lie? Where's the quote stating thay would NOT charge for Makeb? They've always stated it would be looked into. And we all know that "would be looked into" means "we'll be charging" in MMO world. It's the same stereotypical answer as to whether a game will have subscription fees or not.