December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

Alec_Fortescue

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Sorry, for me this is unacceptable.

We were teased with a Life Day event from the Livestreams, not a Cartel Market event.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/shame on you BioWare !

Life Day is surely the very opposite of a greedy Cartel Market push for people to spend real money on items meant for holiday celebration/roleplay purposes.

I remember Life Day being much more thoughtful in SWG, where FREE gifts were given to players, one to keep, and another to give to a friend. A great way to thank good friends or to make new ones !

We don't even get a Xmas event if I'm reading the post from JovethGonzalez correctly. However, there is an in-game event planned after the holidays, where no doubt the Cartel Market will seek to squeeze more cash from the player base.

I'm just so disappointed that Life Day turns out to be an unashamed grab for real money and there's nothing at all (currently announced) to celebrate the Holiday Season in this Scrooge of a game.

Bah humbug !

Agree completely about Life Day, but then again SWG was a different game and a much different time.

"The stuff we're doing for life day".... Makes it sound like the event it actually is.

"Also available in a cartel pack".... Makes it sound like there is an alternative way of obtaining the items.

please be clearer in future to avoid such a disappointment say something like "Only available on the Cartel Store".

from seeing what was implemented I can see what you were trying to say but it came across very differently.

Edited by Solar_Breeze

"The stuff we're doing for life day".... Makes it sound like the event it actually is.

"Also available in a cartel pack".... Makes it sound like there is an alternative way of obtaining the items.

please be clearer in future to avoid such a disappointment say something like "Only available on the Cartel Store".

from seeing what was implemented I can see what you were trying to say but it came across very differently.

Ye they have strung us along there, clever wording while not commiting.

But the post from bioware in this thread has blown all the people who said still 2 weeks till christmas lifeday will come theorys out of the water hasnt it.

As for people blaming bioware turn your eyes to EA, EA that didnt listen to the players in warhammer online, EA that dont listen to there players with the fifa games or the NHL games, EA that not only didnt listen to its battlefield players but also decided to milk them, the same EA that has released nearly the same need for speed under a different title for the past 5 years, the same EA that helped with ME3 and its superb ending....

Funcom must be dreading things knowing EA has its claws into the secret world.

EA's tactic is buy up as many good development studios like bioware as they can in a hope there good rep will help save EA's rep, but instead they just give there bad name to good studios.

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Booooo

Booooo

Yet another fail from the BW playbook

Hey folks!

Thank you!

What happened to the pre-release assertion that there would indeed be holiday events (Life Day being specifically noted), and furthermore that there would not be allusions to the real world equivalent celebrations?

This is really good news. Back before TOR launched they said they weren't going to have any real life holiday events and I'm glad to see they're sticking to that. Seeing Christmas trees sitting around the Imperial Fleet would be horrible.

You do realize that nearly all of the in-game items allude to Christmas and not Life Day, yes? Christmas lights and snow on a speeder, red robes, tinsel bombs... :rolleyes:

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Are you kidding me? You know BW screw you. Taking subscribers for granted and treating us like second class citizens while you only worry about your stupid cartel store and how you can nickle and dime us for **** that should be obtainable in game. I dont care if I get banned for this **** YOU.

Edit: AND **** YOU JEFF HICKMAN AND YOUR *********** CHRISTMAS LAWNMOWER. Thanks for another retarded reskin already in the game with some lights on. People will die for it. Die of embarrassment maybe. ********.

Edited by Kazaganthis

Are you kidding me? You know BW screw you. Taking subscribers for granted and treating us like second class citizens while you only worry about your stupid cartel store and how you can nickle and dime us for **** that should be obtainable in game. I dont care if I get banned for this **** YOU.

Secret World might be going free to play on the 21st...see you there ^^.

Edit: AND **** YOU JEFF HICKMAN AND YOUR *********** CHRISTMAS LAWNMOWER. Thanks for another retarded reskin already in the game with some lights on. People will die for it. Die of embarrassment maybe. ********.

Now...This is gonna make you really really really mad....But I like my Hill-Billy Hot Rod.:D

Secret World might be going free to play on the 21st...see you there ^^.

oO

Tis good to have some good news in this thread.

TSW has some AWESOME dialogue. You get impression people writing dialogue for quests in TSW either actually enjoyed their jobs or felt genuinely inspired. Or some combination of these two. It was very welcome impression after TOR's talking heads.

It also has some very good puzzles completely unlike anything a typical consumer of typical AA(A) RPGs, MMO or otherwise, has ever seen. If/when it is F2P, it's well worth a visit due to these things alone.

Edited by Stradlin

Hey folks!

Thank you!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Wooooooooooooooooooooooosh* (big breath in)

/shame on you BioWare !

Life Day is surely the very opposite of a greedy Cartel Market push for people to spend real money on items meant for holiday celebration/roleplay purposes.

I remember Life Day being much more thoughtful in SWG, where FREE gifts were given to players, one to keep, and another to give to a friend. A great way to thank good friends or to make new ones !

We don't even get a Xmas event if I'm reading the post from JovethGonzalez correctly. However, there is an in-game event planned after the holidays, where no doubt the Cartel Market will seek to squeeze more cash from the player base.

I'm just so disappointed that Life Day turns out to be an unashamed grab for real money and there's nothing at all (currently announced) to celebrate the Holiday Season in this Scrooge of a game.

Bah humbug !

My thoughts exactly. The idea of making us pay $20 to participate in an event is ridiculous but as you said it's an easy cash grab so people are happily opening their wallets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

You mean they don't have this?:eek:

To be fair, it's not in-game with a giant Gold Circle reminding you how much you need to use it because you're missing out on X, Y and Z every few quests you turn in. :rolleyes: And they don't use it as a substitute for content additions. It's a complimentary system, not the main focus of development. SW:TOR could take a page or two from that implementation.

Just wanted to chime in that I agree with previous posters that this Life Day Cartel Cash Grab is the worst thing I've seen from F2P so far. The fact that if this WASN'T F2P we would have certainly got a real event, where we would likely have had to do quests to get the cool new items makes me mad at F2P for the first time.

And it makes sense, what's Bioware's incentive in doing a cool world event with new items, instead of just having people pay them cash for them in the Cartel Store? Just didn't think Bioware would be bottom-lining us so fast, is all.

One-year anniversary, and I'm sad for the future.

To be fair, it's not in-game with a giant Gold Circle reminding you how much you need to use it because you're missing out on X, Y and Z every few quests you turn in. :rolleyes: And they don't use it as a substitute for content additions. It's a complimentary system, not the main focus of development. SW:TOR could take a page or two from that implementation.

I hid mine behind my map, but it's annoying that I can't get rid of it entirely :rolleyes:

They need to make it so we can make it transparent.

I'm really not bummed about the items but the business decision to not do anything ingame when most of the direct competition seems to be doing it seems.... strange.

Feels like a wasted opportunity to get some community building done. *shrug* For a game that allegedly coppied existing models it's surprising how-much good stuff it chose not to emulate.