December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

Alec_Fortescue

yeah they did do us all a favor because a one time event only lasts a week or two and then is gone. the small amount of booohoooing about no event is tiny compared to the raging that would happen if real new game content was pushed back 3-4 weeks because devs spend time creating events.

charging a fortune? really? :rolleyes:

new content? You mean a single warzone that was touted for release before now and much reviled and unused on rails space missions? Yeah that will keep people playing for sure....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, there were not.

And that's exactly why you can (or rather, Bioware can) easily compare those numbers.

If a new OP or a new WZ came out the same time with a live event, chances are people would take part in both the event and the new content and therefore you wouldn't really be able to measure the impact that the new content and the event had in bringing old players or new blood to the game.

So then it must have been the events. :confused:

Nope, there were not.

And that's exactly why you can (or rather, Bioware can) easily compare those numbers.

If a new OP or a new WZ came out the same time with a live event, chances are people would take part in both the event and the new content and therefore you wouldn't really be able to measure the impact that the new content and the event had in bringing old players or new blood to the game.

bioware has stated multiple times that they had influx of people playing during both live events and every other game experiances the same increasein activity. thats why every other game does holliday events, like I said look at what gw2 halloween event did for their numbers. you are the only one who does not want a live event

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

^

Thanks for the "fun" EA cash grab...

If only you could make a fun Life Day event like SWG had!

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Don't you and your people feel shame at all? This is pretty disgusting, even by EAware standards.

So then it must have been the events. :confused:

Let's say that the live events brought in (on average) X number of people

Let's also say that new content( OPs, WZs, HK-51) have brought in (on average) Y number of people

Then:

If X>Y they will focus on more live events

If Y>X they'll focus on more real content

Seeing as none of the events until now have been released at the same time as a new WZ/Operation/Content Update the results can be pretty trustworthy and therefore can affect the way they approach Events or regular content.

Is that clear enough?

Edited by TheNahash

If nothing else it would have made sense to have an event because people, especially students of any age, have more leisure time during the holidays so that is when you want something "special" to draw them in. It is also when people tend to be a bit freer with their spending. Unfortunately for the Subs EA choose to exploit the latter and not the former ;)

Let's also say that new content( OPs, WZs, HK-51) have brought in (on average) Y number of people

Then:

Seeing as none of the events until now have been released at the same time as a new WZ/Operation/Content Update the results can be pretty trustworthy and therefore can affect the way they approach Events or regular content.

Is that clear enough?

Not really given that the events were the only thing and that Bioware said players were up over this time, then it can only have been the events.

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Sorry to hear that, Joveth. I was really looking forward to it being an in-game event (I was around but skipped out on the previous two big ones), not paying more actual cash for the only IC holiday I'm aware of. Would've been nice if, say, there'd been an in-game event, a carrot to get people out and active, and have the (IMO too) expensive CM items there as a fallback option for those who didn't want to participate in the event and/or had the cash to burn to shortcut it.

Hope this feedback helps.

I'm very upset about there being no event. You should have made the Life day stuff part of a one year anniversary event. GW2 has an event every month and they add NEW stuff to their market, not recolors and old models with bits and bobs attached.

You guys are better than this. Show us what you can do and tell EA to loosen up on the reigns before they wreck the sleigh.

Not really given that the events were the only thing and that Bioware said players were up over this time, then it can only have been the events.

So you think that the number of new or old players that came to the game for the events was higher than the number of players that came back for a new OP or WZ, yet Bioware decided to release a new WZ before the holidays and not an event?

That makes sense to ya?

Edited by TheNahash

Hey folks!

Thank you!

And people are defending this? LMAO.

Then:

Is that clear enough?

LOL, thats y there are no new raids planned, no ingame event and everything on the CM

So you think that the number of new or old players that came to the game for the events was higher than the number of players that came back for a new OP or WZ, yet Bioware decided to release a new WZ before the holidays and not an event?

That makes sense to ya?

All the WZ and OPs have been in developement for a long time now.

Frankly I doubt Bioware EA could have made a Life Day event in the time they had, given how long it took for them to sort out the scavenger hunt event.

But the point was whether events encouraged people to play the game, they do.

what did you expect really? it1s all about $, nothing else for them. I couldn't care less about the packs, expect the ship bundles, that is the real kick in the teeth especially after they said they won't be doing p2w. Mark my words, in 3 months, when eaware gets even greedier than now, we will be seeing top end crafting mats to be directly bought from the shop, probably gear too.

what did you expect really? it1s all about $, nothing else for them. I couldn't care less about the packs, expect the ship bundles, that is the real kick in the teeth especially after they said they won't be doing p2w. Mark my words, in 3 months, when eaware gets even greedier than now, we will be seeing top end crafting mats to be directly bought from the shop, probably gear too.

at this point why not its not like they are really trying for any integrity or dedication to being a AAA mmo, at this point swtor might as well be a face book game

Hey folks!

Thank you!

This is a complete pile of horse crap. We have to buy the Life Day items? Really? You are excited about them-I was too until I read this and found out that it's not an event where we could earn them. Nope we have to buy them. I'm just cotton-headed ninny-muggins for believing in a Life Day event!

Hey folks!

Thank you!

No, thank you! . . . for making up my mind about which game I'll be playing for the holidays.

Oh please!

They did "do something". Your problem is they didn't do what you wanted, rather. Go where you want, play what you want, buy what you want. But sheesh! The whining bout the lack of Santa Claus wish-fulfillment around here is mind-boggling!

Well, a little bit of this for me to.

I have played a few hours, bought the orb for my sage, it suited her. People in the guild were talking about the new war zone that came today. I might actually get the speeder for my smuggler, she is crazy enough to put pretty lights on things. All in all I am quite happy with things. Will see what ends up in the Cartelshop in the next few days.

They never said that we would have an event. We do not know for how long these items will be up but this will quite possibly be something to get used to. There will be a continuous update of the shop with new packs and items. If one actually wants to buy all the new things it will be expensive.

I made the choice to get some things now, and I've used up all those shiny coins I got for subbing since the start. My husband has actually held on to pretty much all his coins so far, think he could buy all the things now straight away but he prefers to keep waiting and saving his coins. If the cartel shop gets amazing new weapons in January or perhaps really nice speeders in February he will get them and I will sit there with my tinsel-speeder and orb, or bring out my wallet. And that is quite ok by me, because I wanted them. I made my choice to spend coins, he made his choice to keep on saving for future updates.

We have the shop, there will always be new updates of items and gear. It is up to you if spend your coins now or later.

I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this.

Why the hell not?

Guild Wars 2 managed to do a fairly fantastic Halloween event and guess what I do not have to pay a monthly fee at all.

Just to think i was getting back into this game and it starts throwing this **** out of here.

I wouldn't be mad if it was possible to get these event items through other means but to make them Cartel Market only is *********** appalling.

Good job Bioware Good *********** job.

Well, a little bit of this for me to.

I have played a few hours, bought the orb for my sage, it suited her. People in the guild were talking about the new war zone that came today. I might actually get the speeder for my smuggler, she is crazy enough to put pretty lights on things. All in all I am quite happy with things. Will see what ends up in the Cartelshop in the next few days.

They never said that we would have an event. We do not know for how long these items will be up but this will quite possibly be something to get used to. There will be a continuous update of the shop with new packs and items. If one actually wants to buy all the new things it will be expensive.

I made the choice to get some things now, and I've used up all those shiny coins I got for subbing since the start. My husband has actually held on to pretty much all his coins so far, think he could buy all the things now straight away but he prefers to keep waiting and saving his coins. If the cartel shop gets amazing new weapons in January or perhaps really nice speeders in February he will get them and I will sit there with my tinsel-speeder and orb, or bring out my wallet. And that is quite ok by me, because I wanted them. I made my choice to spend coins, he made his choice to keep on saving for future updates.

We have the shop, there will always be new updates of items and gear. It is up to you if spend your coins now or later.

Sadly, what you are describing requires common sense and a bit of self-restraint.

Most people blew their free CC the first day the Cartel Shop came out and I was actually reading a post an hour ago, complaining that Bioware failed because he spent all his CC already.

Go figure.

In other words, your message is correct but it falls on deaf ears.

They never said that we would have an event.

its the f-ing 1 year anniversary they shouldn't have to say anything, it is expected. like if they were actually running a live mmo. this alongside the life day items being cash shop exclusive is just one big middle finger to subscribers and fans of the game.

an entire year and you were able to have 2 events go live, and then pat yourselves on the back for your mediocrity

bioware austin, you do know you are not the only game on the market and what your competition is making you look like. personaly if I had any say at bioware austin I would be working my *** off to prove swtor is a AAA mmo and bioware austin is as capable as any developer to run a live game. you are not blizzard and cant just do what ever you want when you want to and still have millions of players. put in some effort and try to compete

sadly the people in charge just dont give a **** and are perfectly fine running this game into the ground and just moving on to something else because hey its just a job and they would rather be playing rock band anyway. then just move on to EA's next project with no repercussion. while they paying customers who DO CARE have to sit and watch you guys do nothing to even try to help it out.

Edited by Vis-Tecum