December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

Alec_Fortescue

Oh please!

They did "do something". Your problem is they didn't do what you wanted, rather. Go where you want, play what you want, buy what you want. But sheesh! The whining bout the lack of Santa Claus wish-fulfillment around here is mind-boggling!

It's not whinning it's making a statement as a paying customer. I didn't ask anything and I am not asking anything. I was disapointed by this because it seems they're gonna push everything to cartel market. if they would have acknoledged their subscribers and did an event for the holidays and 1st year anniversary I would have been less disapointed. Since their are not then I'm doing what I can as a paying customer and thats bringing my money and business to somewhere else until I don't feel disapointed.

Been working in the restaurant hotel and such business for over 25 years and thats how it goes ;-)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been strong support of this game even Cartel Shop, but this I will not support this, if this behavior counties, I will join ranks of preferred players. I know they need to make money, but this is just plain wrong, beside this is going to generate negative PR for the game. I mean other major MMO can manage to do an events, some which are complete free to play what does this say about our game? So next year, we might get an event, sure. At least make them cheap, so we could actual get something for our monthly cartel coins. This just gives me very little hope for the future of this game.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.

Just to be fair, Christmas is the biggest holiday for Christians.

Star Wars is not the church and there are also people playing who do not give a damn about christian holidays.

Not saying that there shouldn't be an event, but just my two cents.

Star Wars is not the church and there are also people playing who do not give a damn about christian holidays.

Yes, but don't Jews and Muslims have holidays in December as well? Those two + Christians probably make up half the planet, and since Life Day isn't Christmas but just falls in December, it seems like they really screwed the pooch on this one.

Also, Life Day is certainly the biggest holiday, for Star Wars.

Please don't reduce events to mere seasonal cartel item sales.

It makes the game look desperate, devoid of a future.

It's also kind of insulting considering most MMOs have an actual event this time of the year.

Edited by Campaigner

So Bioware EA did us a favour by NOT having an event and charging a fortune for Life Day items through cashshop packs instead?

Glad you cleared that up, here was me with completely the wrong impression there for a while. :)

Actually, they might have: If they devote that time to making sure the next big patch has something really great, that everyone gets to enjoy, then yes, they did us a favor by not doing something that would be obviously shunned by half the players (because of different religions, because they don't give a rat's *** about a big Wookie Santa on the Imperial Fleet or because...well..it has NOTHING to do with Star Wars).

Now, if you want to enjoy your holiday themed game, by all means, buy (from the Cartel Shop or the GTN) the Life Day Packs and throw fireworks on Hoth waiting for the three Wise Men to come.

Edited by TheNahash

Life Day is arguably THE biggest Star War Holiday. :)

Actually, they might have: If they devote that time to making sure the next big patch has something really great, that everyone gets to enjoy, then yes, they did us a favor by not doing something that would be obviously shunned by half the players (because of different religions, because they don't give a rat's *** about a big Wookie Santa on the Imperial Fleet or because...well..it has NOTHING to do with Star Wars).

Now, if you want to enjoy your holiday themed game, by all means, buy (from the Cartel Shop or the GTN) the Life Day Packs and throw fireworks on Hoth waiting for the three Wise Men to come.

Unfortunately when someone offers to sell me a bridge I don't say "ooo.... how much". ;)

So Bioware EA did us a favour by NOT having an event and charging a fortune for Life Day items through cashshop packs instead?

Glad you cleared that up, here was me with completely the wrong impression there for a while. :)

yeah they did do us all a favor because a one time event only lasts a week or two and then is gone. the small amount of booohoooing about no event is tiny compared to the raging that would happen if real new game content was pushed back 3-4 weeks because devs spend time creating events.

charging a fortune? really? :rolleyes:

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

At least good to know you don't call this an event and there will still be events.

It doesn't help subscribers though. These items you can buy are too expensive to assume subscribers have the coins for them. To get them us subscribers first have to buy more coins. The point of subscribing is to not have to buy anything more.

I thought about buying a few coins and setting up a six month subscription to get more coins, but can't do either. My preferred (and only one I want to use) payment method keeps giving me the same message over and over: "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." for several days now.

So I am really unable to do anything now.

yeah they did do us all a favor because a one time event only lasts a week or two and then is gone. the small amount of booohoooing about no event is tiny compared to the raging that would happen if real new game content was pushed back 3-4 weeks because devs spend time creating events.

Most MMORPG holiday events are used every year for years, maybe with stuff added or a bit changed.

Of the stuff "coming" every single one of those things has already been pushed back at least 2 months and in some cases more than 6 months. I don't think a few more weeks would make any difference at this point.

charging a fortune? really? :rolleyes:

Yup really.

What else would you call 4 months worth of 6 month subsriber coins per character? A bargin? :eek:

Yes, such a coincidence that it was supposed to happen during real-life Christmas, huh? :rolleyes:

Star Wars Holiday Specials happen. You just have to deal with it, even George Lucas had to! :D

yeah to bad live events bring in more players then any other content so the complainers that there was a live event can go **** themselves

this game desperatly need someone creative in charge not the pathetic morons that dont even try to get people to play this game,

live events = more people paying = more people buying crap = more profit.

everyother game = holliday event = more people playing = bioware austin is pathetic

halloween - missed

holiday season - missed

1 year anniversary - missed

I would be firing people right now if I was EA [even if that means the last person still working in the studio]

just making all that up? or are you going to explain why you think short one time events bring in new paying players? ive played lots of MMOs and have lots of friends/people i know who play MMOs... not once have i ever heard anyone EVER say they are going to go start playing a game because of a holiday event. also, when i try to get friends to come join me in a MMO, they have never said, "what are the holiday events like in the game?"

just making all that up? or are you going to explain why you think short one time events bring in new paying players? ive played lots of MMOs and have lots of friends/people i know who play MMOs... not once have i ever heard anyone EVER say they are going to go start playing a game because of a holiday event. also, when i try to get friends to come join me in a MMO, they have never said, "what are the holiday events like in the game?"

yeah check x fire numbers for GW2 during the halloween event and tell me that was just coincedence, and didnt say NEW players I said it gets people playing, ask your friends again and they will probably tell you they do log into games to check out the live events even if they are not playing that game much or even at all

Edited by Vis-Tecum

It's not just about getting people to play, its about keeping them playing.

Certainly a Death Troopers Halloween event might have been fun.

Bioware EA must agree with this too, otherwise they'd never have made the Rak Event and the Scavenger Hunt Events in the first place.

yeah and those fireworks are a great example of the awesomness that bioware austin can come up with :rolleyes:

why do you guys want to encourage bioware austin to keep giving people reasons to not play swtor?

are you guys in league with damion schubert in trying to ruin this game as fast as possible?

thinking people will be pissed at a live event, watch the numbers in everyother game that is having a holliday event jump from now till january and watch swtor get nothing but bad press and trolled on gaming sites for not having one. just like halloween. bioware austin is running the game very badly and they are paying for it with loss of players. they need to change their stubborness and start putting in some effort or we are the ones who are going to lose our game, the crappy developers who ruined it will all get more work just like they allways do.

Before making a comment about a live event, I'd advice you to take a look at all the threads about the previous events. Maybe after you've read all the qq people were doing during those events, you would realize that maybe not having a Christmas...oh I'm sorry... Life Day :) event is not such a bad thing.

and lol at your stupid comment, like a red mount draped in christamas lights [yes thats what they are] fits in the star wars universe hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Oh and you were expecting Darth Vader and Yoda singing "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire", right?

Bioware EA must agree with this too, otherwise they'd never have made the Rak Event and the Scavenger Hunt Events in the first place.

both events bioware austin has said got people playing more and logging in to swtor

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Oh and you were expecting Darth Vader and Yoda singing "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire", right?

if I believed bioware austin was capable of or creative enough to come up with that or be able to get it in game before christmas 2013 then yes I would of expected that

It's not whinning it's making a statement as a paying customer. I didn't ask anything and I am not asking anything. I was disapointed by this because it seems they're gonna push everything to cartel market. if they would have acknoledged their subscribers and did an event for the holidays and 1st year anniversary I would have been less disapointed. Since their are not then I'm doing what I can as a paying customer and thats bringing my money and business to somewhere else until I don't feel disapointed.

Been working in the restaurant hotel and such business for over 25 years and thats how it goes ;-)

Nah, it's whining. "But I thought Santa was going to bring me this, I'm sooo disappointed! I'm never sending him another letter!"

Maybe after you've read all the qq people were doing during those events, you would realize that maybe not having a Christmas...oh I'm sorry... Life Day :) event is not such a bad thing.QUOTE]

maybe... if you look at how many people logged in for those events

...and then cross-reference that number with the people who actually said they enjoyed them and is the reason they remain or became subscribers.

...and then compare those numbers for a 1-2 week event with the numbers for a new warzone or a new Operation...

:rolleyes:

Maybe after you've read all the qq people were doing during those events, you would realize that maybe not having a Christmas...oh I'm sorry... Life Day :) event is not such a bad thing.

I am not sure how much an "event" drives new numbers. But, they can bring back former players. So perhaps with the droves of people that left SWTOR since February 2012 many of these "new" people for the last event were actually people returning? TBH, not sure anything is going to bring me back to SWTOR at this point. :cool:

Edited by Urael

...and then cross-reference that number with the people who actually said they enjoyed them and is the reason they remain or became subscribers.

...and then compare those numbers for a 1-2 week event with the numbers for a new warzone or a new Operation...

:rolleyes:

There were no new OPs or WZ with those events were there? :confused:

There were no new OPs or WZ with those events were there? :confused:

Nope, there were not.

And that's exactly why you can (or rather, Bioware can) easily compare those numbers.

If a new OP or a new WZ came out the same time with a live event, chances are people would take part in both the event and the new content and therefore you wouldn't really be able to measure the impact that the new content and the event had in bringing old players or new blood to the game.

Edited by TheNahash