Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

lol,..you don't seem to understand something very important,.....the community wants an APPEARANCE TAB,..we don't want moddable gear. Why you guys went with this "moddable gear" system I will never know. I am a mmo veteran,..played all the mmos,...and you guys come up with "moddable gear",..I mean that is just crazy,....when everyone else and their brother is doing the Appearance Tab thing

Appearance Tab is so easy,...you see something you like,..you wear it and keep wearing it without it affecting your stats. Are you guys new to mmo's??? Here is a suggestion for you Bioware,.....go to LOTR Online and Rift....check out their Appearance Tab system.....guess what?.....IT WORKS!!!!....PERFECTLY!!!

You guys are seriously whacked,....is their something in the game code that prevents you from using an Appearance Tab system??? We have been crying for this appearance tab from DAY ONE! ok...DAY ONE!!! When I first got into the game at launch and saw your moddable system,..I was like....*** is this crap???

Scrap your moddable system, get rid of it...and put in the Appearance Tab. I can't tell you enough how stupid your moddable system is,,...it is so &$^&^% stewpid!!!

Black hood up robe for marauders. Like the one the Juggernauts get. I just want to look like a classic sith warrior. Nothing fancy.

You got close with the Defender set in the cartel market already but unfortunately its hood down.:(

This and also an option to have the hood up while wearing headgear. More Hoods all around really!

I would like to see some miniskirts.

There are a few lowbie outfits such as the leatheris jackets and the Ithorian padded coat which would make a great miniskirt when combined with a dancer's bottom.

It it was moddable, that would be awesome!!

This!

Or how about instead of just one robe at a time a collection. For example, black Sith robes (like in the links above) with or without armour under and with or without the hood up. But defiantly with the belt under the robe please.

Also why not bring back the Jedi tunic and pants look from Kotor, while robes are great, I think many knights would suit this look more.

And more adaptable gear so we can mix and match our looks more, it would be nice if there were many different combinations of looks out there so that people did genuinely appear to be different, at least at higher levels.

Edit: one more thing, please make some robes with long sleeves, dont think i've seen a single one in game

Edited by ImperialHippy

lol,..you don't seem to understand something very important,.....the community wants an APPEARANCE TAB,..we don't want moddable gear. Why you guys went with this "moddable gear" system I will never know. I am a mmo veteran,..played all the mmos,...and you guys come up with "moddable gear",..I mean that is just crazy,...

Moddable Gear > appearance tab. It is more interesting and makes more sense, that you are upgrading your gear rather than magically changing appearance of your gear. ALSO it allows me to not only wear what I want but also customise the stats to my liking. A lot of mmos always mess up stats on gear, except than in SWTOR you can change the stats to your preference. I don't remember being able to swap out stats in any other MMO.

And I wouldn't say they came up with the idea. Maybe they think they did, but an MMO called Chronicles of Spellborn used the same "mod & slotted statless gear" system (except that mods were crystals). And that game came out way before SWTOR did.

Anyway, I'd love to see a Black Valiant Jedi armor set with a HOOD ON.

Edited by Aelther

Something for juggernauts more sinister looking than the lame Dread Guard/Black Hole chestpieces. The now-defunct Battlemaster chestpiece wasn't bad, except it lacked a cape, and it was friggin' lavender coloured.

There are far too few black or red heavy (or even adaptive) chestpieces. Those are sith colours. Not lavender, not white, not powder blue. Black or red. The Dire Warmaster cartel armour comes close - how about a black version of that, with spikes protruding from the shoulders? Or a more detailed elder vindicator chestpiece? Or just let us dye our armour?

Thereare tons of brown & green stuff already. Somebody make it stop!

Reinforced matrix chestguard for marauders,or for the love of god some black robes. I mean the jedi got what they wanted in the cartel market with hood down robes, now where is the love for the marauders that includes something at least BLACK. I don't want to walk around looking like a jedi if I want a hood.

More options for Sith Inquisitors. If you want design ideas, think less "fabulous" and more "SCARY." I'm a sith. Please give me a look that strikes fear in other people, not laughter.

^This! Assassins should wear pants, not skirts! And black or red please. The best chest/pant combo I could come up with is Saber Marshalls chest with Black Hole Stalkers pants. That almost gives me the look I want. A bodysuit would be better, but we take what we can get. Or how about something similiar to the Valiant Jedi Armor in the CM now. Only without the armor plating and in black. I could do that. Sith are not supposed to dress in pastels for God's sake!

Edited by OldRepJedi

lol,..you don't seem to understand something very important,.....the community wants an APPEARANCE TAB,..we don't want moddable gear. Why you guys went with this "moddable gear" system I will never know. I am a mmo veteran,..played all the mmos,...and you guys come up with "moddable gear",..I mean that is just crazy,....when everyone else and their brother is doing the Appearance Tab thing

Appearance Tab is so easy,...you see something you like,..you wear it and keep wearing it without it affecting your stats. Are you guys new to mmo's??? Here is a suggestion for you Bioware,.....go to LOTR Online and Rift....check out their Appearance Tab system.....guess what?.....IT WORKS!!!!....PERFECTLY!!!

You guys are seriously whacked,....is their something in the game code that prevents you from using an Appearance Tab system??? We have been crying for this appearance tab from DAY ONE! ok...DAY ONE!!! When I first got into the game at launch and saw your moddable system,..I was like....*** is this crap???

Scrap your moddable system, get rid of it...and put in the Appearance Tab. I can't tell you enough how stupid your moddable system is,,...it is so &$^&^% stewpid!!!

Agreed, minus all the attitude and jerkiness.

I'm a game tech programmer and understand all the time probably invested in the modable system, but quite honestly an appearance system is easier and better for appearances. Keeping mods for stat adjustment is great, but please just move to an appearance system. Heck you'll get another cartel unlock out of it, can even double up and put a second cartel unlock for companions appearance gear.

Appearance gear is also amazing simple for players to understand.

Bracers/belts that compliment the dancer's/loungewear outfits. Something elegant like the Cadet's Cuffs model would be nice, or maybe even hidden bracers/belt.

It would be extra super great if you could fix the horrendous clipping of top flaps through robes and skirts.

I really like the loungewear top, but it looks stupid paired with my technician's belt and my cardboard tube bracers and I feel constrained having to choose robes based on how effectively they mask the flap clipping.

Agreed, minus all the attitude and jerkiness.

I'm a game tech programmer and understand all the time probably invested in the modable system, but quite honestly an appearance system is easier and better for appearances. Keeping mods for stat adjustment is great, but please just move to an appearance system. Heck you'll get another cartel unlock out of it, can even double up and put a second cartel unlock for companions appearance gear.

Appearance gear is also amazing simple for players to understand.

Disagree. I love the modable system. I keep every piece of modable armor I get. The more I get, the more options I have to mix and match. The cost of moving mods is fairly trivial. Of course I make extensive use of the preview window to make sure I have the look I want before I make any changes.

The other system I am familiar with is WoW's transmogrification system. It works, it is kinda cool, but I think the mod system fits Star Wars better.

I would personally want to see Darth Malgus armour, some black robes like the emperors robes even the black "wrapping'' around his head like the SI battlemaster had just without the feathered mask. It would also be desired to see some colour option for each/some item to increase variety among players. also make items faction/class restricted so items will be more rare too see.

out of topic: I would like too see some character customazation availible on the chartel market with restrictions.

Allow us to spend 50cc per item to use the opposite faction look on existing items. I understand at first you wanted to keep with lore and have each side look the part, but with cartel armor that crosses those lines, that reasoning is no longer valid. Allow us to choose which look we want for each item. You already have all of the armor built for every model. Just allow it to be selected.