BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, Mercs are pretty good if you have 4 healers on your team, lol. Though I am very pleased with our damage output even in the face of interrupts and heavy melee pressure.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1367115860_apinZcQkq.jpg

RE: Kolto Overload, it has never saved me except in 1v1 situations due to the amount of execute abilities available. And if you find yourself in a pure 1v1 situation, chances are you're not playing the warzone as you should, or your opponent is not playing the warzone as he should.

Edited by Jenzali

Also, the problem i find with KO or AR, and I am not sure if this is a bug or design, is that if i activate it, then get healed by someone above 30% it switches off. This is frustrating when you get a small heal to 35% early on from a team mate, then lose the ability completely.

it does switch off, but the buff remains active for the full 8s now so if you do drop back below 30% it will keep healing you. granted, its still a badly designed ability.

imo it should be a reactive heal: for 15s taking damage will heal you for 3% of your health. can only occur once every 1.5s

Edited by cashogy_reborn

it does switch off, but the buff remains active for the full 8s now so if you do drop back below 30% it will keep healing you. granted, its still a badly designed ability.

imo it should be a reactive heal: for 15s taking damage will heal you for 3% of your health. can only occur once every 1.5s

So once again our CD is worse than those of other classes, and on a longer timer...

So once again our CD is worse than those of other classes, and on a longer timer...
That's one of several reasons this Advanced Class is still broken for high-level PvP. It's gotten a little better, but it's definitely not on par with other classes in a post-2.0 game. The status quo of the class hasn't really changed: we put out good numbers if ignored, but without those cooldowns we can't shake mdps and our damage output still drops like a stone. There's no mobile burst in the rotation without those cooldowns, and very limited ability to kite when mdps is on you. Edited by klham

That's one of several reasons this Advanced Class is still broken for high-level PvP. It's gotten a little better, but it's definitely not on par with other classes in a post-2.0 game. The status quo of the class hasn't really changed: we put out good numbers if ignored, but without those cooldowns we can't shake mdps and our damage output still drops like a stone. There's no mobile burst in the rotation without those cooldowns, and very limited ability to kite when mdps is on you.

i think the most important and at the same time underrated ability for mando is Tech Override. 60s base cooldown. make it happen bioware

tbh, tech override, reserve powercell and adrenaline rush could all go on 60s cooldowns. the first 2 abilities are single use (2 uses in the case of gunny spec) and do nothing to increase damage output, and adrenaline rush is sort of an "oh-sh**" button but a 3minute cooldown on that type of ability is absurd. especially since there is no longer a way to get active cooldown redux for it.

the 2 charge tech override for gunny is, imho, easily the best change we got with the expansion. now we just need the cooldown to be adjusted for the pace of combat in this game.

I'd also like to see Reactive shield gain interrupt immunity for all three trees, and change the talents to give a time reduction to 1m30. That would mean once every minute and a half, we could do some casting dps for a very brief window.

What pisses me off the most is that the Decoy skill doesn't work in pvp, fix this Bioware.

I can confirm this, Decoy didn't work for me either yesterday. I got charged by a Rage Jugg, so I used to Decoy to negate his Smash. I hit the button, got the buff, but he still took out a large chunk of my hp. I thought maybe Decoy ended, but no, I looked at my skill bar and still had the buff.

Later in the same match, I noticed that an Arsenal merc singled me out and put Tracer on me. I used Decoy to negate the inevitable Heatseeker Missile but nah, next Heatseeker killed me.

Decoy is a worthless ability that doesn't do anything. Don't take it -.-

Edited by CommanderKeeva

From what I've seen it does nothing to prevent the execution abilities from killing you. I use it at around 40% HP pre-emptively, so that it would take effect immediately when I reach 30% HP but I die to Dispatch, Impale, Takedown etc. just the same. It's like Decoy. A ****** ability that serves no purpose. On a 3-minute cooldown!? It's worse than a joke. It's an insult.

I would change it to an alacrity buff (like Sage/Sorc Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift). Snipers have an offensive CD to their accuracy. Sorcs have an offensive CD to their Alacrity. We have a CD to our......?

And I agree 2min long CD to Tech Override is just too long to effectively matter in the long run. 2 minutes is an eternity in PvP, where your life depends on seconds. Same goes for Reserve Powercell, it's nice to use it once in a while, but that while should happen more often.

So, 60 sec CD to Tech Override! 60 sec CD to Reserve Powercell! Change Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload to an Alacrity buff with the same CD as Mental Alacrity and Target Acquired. Then we can talk about a fun class.

It's still laughably easy to shut down an Arsenal Merc. If the enemy team allocates a tank or a vengence Jugg to the Merc, the Merc's output will drop by about 50%, with very little cost to the opposing team in efficiency. But most teams aren't aware of this and don't do it. So Merc dps is basically at the same place it was with 1.7 - it relies on lack of skill/knowledge in the enemy to be effective. It's just that Merc Arsenal is being used now compared to Merc Pyro.

I've been playing as a Vengeance Juggernaut for a few months now. They're a rare spec, but you might see more now given some of the nicer buffs and/or weariness with Rage, but not many.

The key to our DPS is our Ravage followed closely by an Impale. Between our armor set bonus and talents, it's a monster. We rely on you not recognizing our spec and attempting to use your KB while we have CC immunity. Eat the first two ticks of Ravage, and hit Hydraulic Overrides (I think) or punt if we're slow after leap to hit our Ravage. Your speed boost makes me cry as my Ravage misses and I believe it makes you immune to my Force Push (resets my leap) and my AoE slow. No other Merc or Mando gives me grief, except for Jherad / Zachariah. He picked up on it and 1 v 1 on a Huttball or two, I gave up chasing him. Plus he hurts when he hits you.

It's not much but it's something. Look for the purple stance thingy on the buff bar. I have a Mando of my own and hope you guys get the love you deserve.

I still dont see any point in bringing a 1000-1400 dpser when you can get a 1900-2100 instead, cause thats whats smash and slingers has to offer atm.

You havnt played alot RWZ lately, have you?

If a smasher gets more than 1500 dps in a RWZ something went incredibly wrong.

The absolut highest ive ever seen a slinger reach on live/aswell as PTS is 1700dps in a RWZ vs equally geared opponents with Dirty Fighting.

Gunnery absolutely matches marksman burst and dmg output.

A properly geared Gunnery Mando is going to drop a target a hell lot faster than any smasher or DF Slinger.

A Gunnery Mando has the shortest burst-buildup from any class.

A DF Slinger needs 3 globals to start rolling over a target, with the main dmg coming in the 4th global.

A Tele Sage needs a Dot, Tele Wave Proc, a 2 sec Turbulence Cast , altogether 3-4 globals to set up his burst.

A Smasher needs all his shockwave stacks, auto crit buff, and than smash the called target, while beeing snared/stunned and highly predictable.

A Marksman Slinger needs 2 Charged Bursts every freakin time to get Aimed Shot down to 1.5sec cast, and has aswell a highly predictable burst due to target marker/indicator on the victim and can easily be deflected or miss.

A Mando can create the same burst as every mentioned class above by pressing 2 Skills.

Grav Round + Demo Round !

With the slight delay on Grav Round Dmg both skills hit nearly at the same time creating insane burst and also delivering a 20% armordebuff on the target.

DPS is no indicator for usefulness of a class but epeen mentality and stat padding.

You havnt played alot RWZ lately, have you?

If a smasher gets more than 1500 dps in a RWZ something went incredibly wrong.

The absolut highest ive ever seen a slinger reach on live/aswell as PTS is 1700dps in a RWZ vs equally geared opponents with Dirty Fighting.

Gunnery absolutely matches marksman burst and dmg output.

A properly geared Gunnery Mando is going to drop a target a hell lot faster than any smasher or DF Slinger.

A Gunnery Mando has the shortest burst-buildup from any class.

A DF Slinger needs 3 globals to start rolling over a target, with the main dmg coming in the 4th global.

A Tele Sage needs a Dot, Tele Wave Proc, a 2 sec Turbulence Cast , altogether 3-4 globals to set up his burst.

A Smasher needs all his shockwave stacks, auto crit buff, and than smash the called target, while beeing snared/stunned and highly predictable.

A Marksman Slinger needs 2 Charged Bursts every freakin time to get Aimed Shot down to 1.5sec cast, and has aswell a highly predictable burst due to target marker/indicator on the victim and can easily be deflected or miss.

A Mando can create the same burst as every mentioned class above by pressing 2 Skills.

Grav Round + Demo Round !

With the slight delay on Grav Round Dmg both skills hit nearly at the same time creating insane burst and also delivering a 20% armordebuff on the target.

DPS is no indicator for usefulness of a class but epeen mentality and stat padding.

Gunnery is far FAR too prone to interrupts - stuns, leaps, pushback, pull, root. Without getting your GR's on your target, you're worthless! Sure, you can toss a sticky grenade and a Demo Round, but without procs, you can't even fire HiB. Channeled abilities are your only hope for a "big hit"...any half way decent player is interrupting a minimum of 3 of your channels.

I'm glad you like it, I encourage you to run it - but for PvP, I find Gunnery useless as crap in PvP!!!! I switch to Assault for PvP, I spec Gunnery for PvE - NPCs interrupt a helluva lot less than good players.

Gunnery is far FAR too prone to interrupts - stuns, leaps, pushback, pull, root. Without getting your GR's on your target, you're worthless! Sure, you can toss a sticky grenade and a Demo Round, but without procs, you can't even fire HiB. Channeled abilities are your only hope for a "big hit"...any half way decent player is interrupting a minimum of 3 of your channels.

I'm glad you like it, I encourage you to run it - but for PvP, I find Gunnery useless as crap in PvP!!!! I switch to Assault for PvP, I spec Gunnery for PvE - NPCs interrupt a helluva lot less than good players.

gunny > assault for PvP now sadly. assault just has no "umph" to its damage anymore which is sad

gunny > assault for PvP now sadly. assault just has no "umph" to its damage anymore which is sad

I agree, but disagree. Assault lacks that "big hit", but it compensates with the mobility that is so lacking with Gunnery. Interrupts are just too prevalent and too devastating to consider Gunnery viable imo.

Gunnery is 30% of the time immune to pushback, pull, roots.

Tele Sages are even more prone to interupts yet so many guilds field atleast one in RWZs.

You tellin me that with proper positioning you cant get off your grav rounds?? You serious?

Everyone right now complaining about Commandos beeing to weak post 2.0 deserves a big fat : L2P!

It's easy to stop tracer missile spam but it's very hard to ensure someone can't even get 1 off which is all you need now to setup your big attack. Before you needed at least 3 so getting interrupted messes up your rotation as you have to contemplate either have your big attack do quite a bit less damage or stand there like a fool.

I am a returning player. I played this game at beta and after the tracer missle nerf. i left around november of last year and am back now. Very pleased with my merc in pvp now. I have just hit lvl 55 so i have more to go as lowbie pvp is not max level pvp. However, it is the mechanics that have me impressed, not just big numbers.

Previously, it was practically auto-loss versus assassins, dps juggs and maruaders. Not so much now. Even if we come with the stigma that we are easier to kill so we are often targeted first, we are not made to fight against 5 angry focused players.

Adapt and over-come. Its possible. Carry on.

I agree, but disagree. Assault lacks that "big hit", but it compensates with the mobility that is so lacking with Gunnery. Interrupts are just too prevalent and too devastating to consider Gunnery viable imo.

honestly, i have no problems with mobility now in gunny. interrupts can still cause issues, but needing only 1 grav round to set up demo round allows me to play a much more "run and gun" style. which is what i used to do as a pyro merc. i will not stand still for more than 1-2 GCDs in most cases, and if im using an instant ability i am moving for that 1.5s

enemies that LoS can still be an issue, but thats a problem with every ranged class and good positioning will minimize it

electronet is a tech slow. long cooldown, but it will lock down an operative.

my #1 wish list item is still 60s base cooldown for tech override.

#2 would probably have to be getting back our 6% talented crit. w/ the nerf that is a logical change.

Yep, those 2, and #3, a 2 pt talent to reduce eletronet cooldown by 15/30 secs.