BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

Oh, that would be great!!! I REALLY appreciate you working on that and I look forward to seeing it all spelled out...although I'm also a bit troubled by what I fear the results will be...

the results will show that Merc is designed for a game with much slower paced combat.

our average utility skill cooldown is 87.5s, median 105s (10 abilities)

sniper's is 84.375, median 60s (8 abilities)

the averages are close, but the sniper median is ~40% lower than merc's.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread must be closed. Merc/PT/mandos/VG have strongest defensive CD in all game, 30% HP in few seconds is huge buff, they just have to learn to play it and stop spaming 1 button.

You sir are an idiot, and must be a bad. You cry for buffs to Shadow/Assassin, which happens to be one of the most "balanced" classes in game. To emphasize "we need a dot to counter Ops and Scoundrels" I definitely find it laughable you got your a** kicked by a scoundrel/Op. Why else would you want a buff against one of the weakest classes in game (when not healing).

Also, you obviously have no idea how the new adrenaline rush works...it's doo doo now.

Also, you obviously have no idea how the new adrenaline rush works...it's doo doo now.

this makes me a sad panda.

not that it was a good skill before, but its now just so bad. it does absolutely nothing to keep you alive in PvP, and is 100% useless against classes w/ execute abilities.

the 3min cooldown certainly doesnt help its case either.

It's still laughably easy to shut down an Arsenal Merc. If the enemy team allocates a tank or a vengence Jugg to the Merc, the Merc's output will drop by about 50%, with very little cost to the opposing team in efficiency. But most teams aren't aware of this and don't do it. So Merc dps is basically at the same place it was with 1.7 - it relies on lack of skill/knowledge in the enemy to be effective. It's just that Merc Arsenal is being used now compared to Merc Pyro.

The one possible bright spot I see for Merc Arsenal is that more people are playing it. And you know what that means. We have more lower skill people and that lowers the subclass meta average. Our numbers are nothing compared to Juggs and Operatives running around, but it still increases the chances we get another Merc Arsenal buff in 2.1.

It's still laughably easy to shut down an Arsenal Merc. If the enemy team allocates a tank or a vengence Jugg to the Merc, the Merc's output will drop by about 50%, with very little cost to the opposing team in efficiency. But most teams aren't aware of this and don't do it. So Merc dps is basically at the same place it was with 1.7 - it relies on lack of skill/knowledge in the enemy to be effective. It's just that Merc Arsenal is being used now compared to Merc Pyro.
This is a pattern I'm noticing. It all depends how far off the node they want to chase you. If they're determined, they'll get you, but often they turn back. The commando is very weak between the long cooldowns, so there's this oscillating pattern in how the commando must engage, retreat, engage at the fringes depending on whether he gets noticed. You can make a single pursuer pay dearly, but if you survive you'll be a lame duck until your cooldowns come back up.

Not sure how likely it is that we'll see changes to our cooldowns which is probably the easiest fix (either in their flat duration or in a proc'd reset of some kind). There seems to be a lot of push-back from mdps regarding the effectiveness of Electronet. We were taken for granted as free kills for so long that some ppl don't want to see that change. The situation has definitely improved for us, but it still feels like something is missing compared to my alts.

this makes me a sad panda.

not that it was a good skill before, but its now just so bad. it does absolutely nothing to keep you alive in PvP, and is 100% useless against classes w/ execute abilities.

the 3min cooldown certainly doesnt help its case either.

It does alot:

It prevents Dot classes to finish you off. It completely counters DF and Sadness Specs.

Ive yet to see anyone 1shot my 30k Mando when he is below 30%. We are looking at 10k Hp that need to be knocked off in 1 single execute.

Besides you can cast Adrenaline Rush when you are at 50% and it will trigger as soon as you drop below 30% and imediately push you back up and prevent any execute from beeing used against you.

Combine it with Reactive Shield and you cant be finished in a 1on1 situation!

You Sir should get more in to PvP action!

Edited by texoc

Ive yet to see anyone 1shot my 30k Mando when he is below 30%. We are looking at 10k Hp that need to be knocked off in 1 single execute.

I've yet to see anyone 1 shot my 30k Mando when he is AT (not below) 33%.

There. I fixed it for you. There are plenty of toons that can execute for 8k. I personally can crit for 10k. But more to the point - the vast majority of times you aren't dealing with 1v1 situations. And then you get a lot less mileage out of the new KO than the old one.

the only attack that uses the base ranged accuracy is Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot. all other abilities, ranged or tech, have +10% base accuracy.

if youre optimizing for PvP, you dont want much accuracy in your build. Merc can get 3% from talents, and you can get 1% by maxing a companion. imo youd be fine with that for PvP; with these new DR curves you have to sacrifice too much of other stuff to get accuracy to what would be "resonable", ie +5-10%.

Are those stats passive, or will they show up in your stat chart?

Allow the option to pick which animation Tracer Missile uses by choosing the right chest piece.

Allow the option to buy the old animation with cartel coins.

If this happens i am making my mercenary my main again and swtor the only game i play again ,on the spot.

The lobbyists that changed the old animation to the current one will go to hell for this,for sure.

Edited by Kaedusz

Any dps mercs getting invited to rwz yet?

Everyone is right now, I don't think anyone has a set team yet - it's hard to say how it'll shake out until every is geared up, minmaxed and augmented, and the bolster exploits have been squashed.

On our server nearly every team has atleast 1 merc/mando.

And the good ones get between 1000-1400dps every rwz.

I still dont see any point in bringing a 1000-1400 dpser when you can get a 1900-2100 instead, cause thats whats smash and slingers has to offer atm.

On our server nearly every team has atleast 1 merc/mando.

And the good ones get between 1000-1400dps every rwz.

I still dont see any point in bringing a 1000-1400 dpser when you can get a 1900-2100 instead, cause thats whats smash and slingers has to offer atm.

60s baseline cooldown for TO and RP. get it done devs.

This. A thousand times this.

Though I don't really get most of the hate on the new Adrenaline Rush. It should be on a much shorter cooldown, but I think you're crazy if you don't think you're getting more mileage out of it than the old one. Save you in a 2v1 or 3v1? No, but t he old one wasn't gonna do that either. I think it does make us a VERY tough nut to crack if we have a high enough HP.

Remember, you can't actually be executed at 30% HP. They have to push you below and then IMMEDIATELY follow up with a very hard hit to knock you down. If you've got Reactive Shield and a WZ Adrenal going? Not gonna happen

That being said, its cooldown should also be lowered to a minute cooldown after it triggers. A 3 minute wait is all out of proportion for the survivability it grants. That's really the problem with all our cooldowns though. The effects are fine, the cooldowns enforced for the benefit is not. Anything on a 3 minute cooldown should make us the next best thing to unkillable outside of being focused by every DPS on the opposing team.

This. A thousand times this.

Though I don't really get most of the hate on the new Adrenaline Rush. It should be on a much shorter cooldown, but I think you're crazy if you don't think you're getting more mileage out of it than the old one. Save you in a 2v1 or 3v1? No, but t he old one wasn't gonna do that either. I think it does make us a VERY tough nut to crack if we have a high enough HP.

Remember, you can't actually be executed at 30% HP. They have to push you below and then IMMEDIATELY follow up with a very hard hit to knock you down. If you've got Reactive Shield and a WZ Adrenal going? Not gonna happen

That being said, its cooldown should also be lowered to a minute cooldown after it triggers. A 3 minute wait is all out of proportion for the survivability it grants. That's really the problem with all our cooldowns though. The effects are fine, the cooldowns enforced for the benefit is not. Anything on a 3 minute cooldown should make us the next best thing to unkillable outside of being focused by every DPS on the opposing team.

the old one was crap too. i like this version even less tho.

60s cooldown would make it a better ability tho; the cooldown does not equal the survival benefit it provides

the old one was crap too. i like this version even less tho.

60s cooldown would make it a better ability tho; the cooldown does not equal the survival benefit it provides

The new adrenaline rush is almost complete garbage. The ONLY use it has is if you have someone healing you or you break LOS or something. It is the worst healing ability in the game. It needs to be fixed BIG TIME.

What I'd like to see is KO/Adrenaline Rush have the same effect it currently does but relative to whatever health level you have when you activate it. At least then there is some trade-off and strategy about when to activate KO. Right now you just use it and forget about it. If it was instantly activated you'd have to weigh the benefits of having KO try to keep you at a high health level (good) vs. the chance that enemies just stop shooting at you temporarily (bad). Correspondingly if you used KO at a low health level, the odds are high that enemies will continue attacking you and you get a lot of mileage from KO, but there's the chance they could burst you down.

Also, the problem i find with KO or AR, and I am not sure if this is a bug or design, is that if i activate it, then get healed by someone above 30% it switches off. This is frustrating when you get a small heal to 35% early on from a team mate, then lose the ability completely.