HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to assume this post has little to do with having to engage in PvP and everything to do with the fact that this will be wide open for griefing.

PvP is nothing. Griefing is another thing altogether. If there is a possibility for griefing, it WILL happen, especially on our new consolidated super-servers. This will be doubly bad simply because it is a Free-for-all zone. Anyone who believes otherwise is just fooling themselves.

The Dev team will have to take steps or they will have players raging all over the place.

this ^

people are openly saying in these forums they cant wait to grief the pve players...

why bioware is even considering this is confusing, the amount of forum rage and harassment tickets is going to be unreal

have fun with that BW lol

I've been on the PTS, the vendor is less than 30 seconds away from the PvP boundary via 110% speeder. Once you click on the vendor you cannot be engaged in combat. Think of it as an obstacle course, all you have to do is avoid the Ground Quakes, Force Storms and Death From Aboves long enough to get the vendor and click him. If you don't make it the 1st time you can try again.

Also, even if you're not a stealther, you can pair with an Operative/Scoundrel and they can help via Infiltrate (and the pub equivalent).

It's not going to be too hard to bypass everyone. Even if an Op of 24 [insert expletive of your choice here] AoE spam the vendor there should be enough people who want to get the mission item to take care of them. More importantly, if you can't find enough people that want the item, then it's most likely a week or two after 1.5 hit and so the gankers will stop soon.

I've been on the PTS, the vendor is less than 30 seconds away from the PvP boundary via 110% speeder. Once you click on the vendor you cannot be engaged in combat. Think of it as an obstacle course, all you have to do is avoid the Ground Quakes, Force Storms and Death From Aboves long enough to get the vendor and click him. If you don't make it the 1st time you can try again.

Also, even if you're not a stealther, you can pair with an Operative/Scoundrel and they can help via Infiltrate (and the pub equivalent).

It's not going to be too hard to bypass everyone. Even if an Op of 24 [insert expletive of your choice here] AoE spam the vendor there should be enough people who want to get the mission item to take care of them. More importantly, if you can't find enough people that want the item, then it's most likely a week or two after 1.5 hit and so the gankers will stop soon.

Translation: Aww com on! At least let us Try to Grief people until we maybe get bored in a couple of weeks!

I dont understand putting any kind of non pvp content vendor in a pvp area on a pve server.

Thats like telling PvP players that they have to run Raids to get PvP gear. It makes no sense. The PvP players would be complaining like there is no tomorrow, and all the while the PvE crowd would be happy because it would make it easier to get Raid groups because now there would be more people having to que up for Raids even though the PvP crowd dont have any interest in running Raids.

Edited by Apache

Translation: Aww com on! At least let us Try to Grief people until we maybe get bored in a couple of weeks!

I dont understand putting any kind of non pvp content vendor in a pvp area on a pve server.

Probably the same reason they are putting non-group content quests in a HM flashpoint .... go figure.

this ^

people are openly saying in these forums they cant wait to grief the pve players...

why bioware is even considering this is confusing, the amount of forum rage and harassment tickets is going to be unreal

have fun with that BW lol

It's impossible to be griefed as you can instantly teleport to your nearest friendly medbay unflagged.

If you insist on probing back up while surrounded by hostile forces, that's your own damned fault.

Probably the same reason they are putting non-group content quests in a HM flashpoint .... go figure.

Sadly...I have to agree. Even though I'm really excited about getting this companion, most of the quests really doesn't make any sense at all.

Honestly, it does really feel like BW is telling to all the solo player base (which conforms the majority in this game) this: "We are forcing you to pvp and group HM flashpoint...deal with it!".

Ah, but its still PvE though. Is it not? It may be group oriented but its still PvE content for a PvE quest on a PvE server.

Its not PvE content stuffed into a PvP scenario that can be camped and Griefed on a PvE server like the vendor will be.

See the difference there?

Ah, but its still PvE though. Is it not? It may be group oriented but its still PvE content for a PvE quest on a PvE server.

Its not PvE content stuffed into a PvP scenario that can be camped and Griefed on a PvE server like the vendor will be.

See the difference there?

I didn't say that I agree with the use of a PvP zone, it doesn't phase me particularly going into the PvP zone but I see how people may not want to, so I respect that and hope BW take note and remove both restrictions. As many have said HK-51 can be used in solo PvP yet you state it is PVE content which is not true. In essence apart from undermanning flashpoints with your companion out HK-51 is really for solo content imo.

They could have used the flashpoint in a similar way to Blizzard using the dungeons for the 'Broken hilt' quest.

Kinda like the way they used most of Blizzard's ideas from the get go? Which a bunch of people complained about, calling it a "WoW with lightsabers"? People want less WoW related stuff, they get it, then they complain that it isn't quite like how Blizzard does things. I'm sorry but either you eat the cake, or you keep the cake, it ain't going to be both you eat it and have it. I for one have no issues with having to go through a Flashpoint to get HK-51. Kinda ridiculous that people're complaining about it considering they're getting exactly what they asked for: Less WoW like stuff.

My two credits.

It's impossible to be griefed as you can instantly teleport to your nearest friendly medbay unflagged.

If you insist on probing back up while surrounded by hostile forces, that's your own damned fault.

Actually Outlaw's Den doesn't let you prob back up or be ressed, you automatically res at the medbay.

Please get over it people. Bioware is doing something awesome by giving us an amazing companion, one we all obviously want. do the content and enjoy it. Open world pvp is something the game is lacking and this will help. When the vendor is being camped we will have to round up some pvpers and go to war, then we will camp it while we have control... trust me it will be fun... Oh wait most of you guys have this idea that it is more fun to just be given everything on a plate with no effort, sorry I forgot what generation of people I was addressing.

Yeah, no.

First - we have widely divergent ideas of fun, clearly. There are a lot of people on this game, so that's not surprising.

Second - Ganking and griefing (as opposed to consensual PvP., for want of a better term) such as several posters have admitted they are looking forward to will not help enlist people in OW PvP - or any other sort. People will do the bare minimum to get what they need, have all their extant prejudices one way or the other confirmed, and that's pretty much it.

Kinda like the way they used most of Blizzard's ideas from the get go? Which a bunch of people complained about, calling it a "WoW with lightsabers"? People want less WoW related stuff, they get it, then they complain that it isn't quite like how Blizzard does things. I'm sorry but either you eat the cake, or you keep the cake, it ain't going to be both you eat it and have it. I for one have no issues with having to go through a Flashpoint to get HK-51. Kinda ridiculous that people're complaining about it considering they're getting exactly what they asked for: Less WoW like stuff.

My two credits.

Actually I don't believe this game is anything like WoW currently, although it is trying to be unfortunately. It seems more like the Cataclysm WoW, forcing end gamers into either Ops/HM or PvP. Even Blizzard worked out that that one was a disaster so when they brought out MoP they brought back non-HM rep grinds and introduced a number of mini games.

Trust BW to copy the end game of the worst expansion Blizzard ever made.

As it happens MoP doesn't float my boat and the levelling experience here is far superior to any other MMO I've played. The end game unfortunately sucks, imo, and the longer BW refuse to provide alternative end game activity the harder it will probably be to hold onto many of the subs they have left.

Then there's literally 0% chance to be griefed at Outlaw's Den!

Except for the part where they send you back to the medbay. So theoretically if they cut off access to the vendor you'd have to keep walking back from the medbay, and then dying and being sent back.

I would prefer they get rid of the pvp and the hm dungeon requirements. Like I said in another thread this isn't about gear it is about story and a new companion EVERYONE should have access to period. The power of the companion will be determined by the level of gear the play has access to anyway. if they have raid gear or top of the line pvp gear so then will the companion. If not for the rest of us he will have the grape gear we can get with dailies. Content like this shouldn't be gated by how long you have to play or the amount of friends you have online.

Bioware please remove the hm instances and the pvp requirement from this companion or allow small groups/solo players to get it at a scaled down power level. In my eyes this is just as bad as paying the same sub as raiders, gear grinders, and pvp nuts for content I will never see.

Everyone does have access to it, HM FPs are easy to complete in Recruit gear. And the "PvP Requirement" is walking to a vendor to spend money -.-

Well, i personally don't do pvp, i don't hate it persay, but i don't go into pvp zones ever, because 90% of the time, you will see max level players looking for easy kills, they don't care if they don't get anything, since most pvp'ers just care about winning, nothing more, nothing less.

I certainly will not be getting this companion, its not worth the potential griefing in the free-4-all zone, i have been playing mmos since well, a very long time, what i have learned from all the mmo playing is that pvp'ers will do ANYTHING within the games' rules to win, it could be to gank lower level players, find loopholes in rules that can be exploited.

I surely miss the good old days of pvp, because its turned into more about winning, instead of having fun on both sides of the fights and you can't even suggest things anymore on here, because all you get in response is immature 'L2P' from other players that obviously want it to be like it currently is.

In the end, this HK-51 had better be severely overpowered for what you got to do, to get it.....thats all i am going to say on this subject.

Well it's obvious that they want to spark some life into ow-pvp but it's at the same time an odd decision. I mean, I know of pvp'ers, even on pve servers, who has never cared for the pve material in this game and have never entered a fp or ops. So those guys obviously wont care about a droid you can only use in pve. Then we have strict pve'ers who hate pvp, never play warzones and picked pver servers because they didnt want to deal with pvp.

Even though I don't believe that it's going to be a big issue I can still see griefers, people who most likely dont even have any personal interest in the droid, go there just to mess with those who do. Not sure how interacting with a vendor works while being attacked, is it an instant interrupt? Will it break invis after a recent death? If so, theres a good chance/risk that they will be killed again even before being able to find and buy the items. I'd be pissed it if delayed me even ten minutes because I wouldnt stick and around and try for much longer just to be killed again.