HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Your statement is wrong. You are forced to work or you or your famliy go with out food/homne/ect. Bw is forceing pvp on people for the brand next content that we have been waiting months if not a year for.

Wow... are you sure about that? You could sit on the side and beg for money. Statistically, beggars making about $30k in the US... tax-free. So no, you don't have to work. Plus, there are other ways you can acquire money besides going to a job. And there's plenty of people in this world who have homes and food w/out working. So even though we're really digressing... you're wrong.

And that's my point. You seem to think you're blameless when it starts with the fact that you seem to think you need HK-51. And because you need him... now you need to PvP. Start at the beginning. You don't need him. Hence, you don't need to pvp.

/discussion

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... you just failed. Let me point it out. You said "every PvE quest". Guess what? Part of this quest involves some PvP. So it's not strictly a PvE quest. It's a PvE and PvP quest. Hence, your entire thread fails because your premise failed.

HK-51 is as mandatory as any piece of loot in this game. He's optional. You can't argue that. Deal with it.

I'm sorry, please name me 1 single STORY QUEST that requires PvP other than HK-51?

STORY quest... not one you get from fleet computer

Wow... are you sure about that? You could sit on the side and beg for money. Statistically, beggars making about $30k in the US... tax-free. So no, you don't have to work. Plus, there are other ways you can acquire money besides going to a job. And there's plenty of people in this world who have homes and food w/out working. So even though we're really digressing... you're wrong.

And that's my point. You seem to think you're blameless when it starts with the fact that you seem to think you need HK-51. And because you need him... now you need to PvP. Start at the beginning. You don't need him. Hence, you don't need to pvp.

/discussion

start from even BEFORE that, you're not forced to live... why don't you stop breathing?

we are talking about WHY are we FORCED to if WE CHOSE to do it...

the question is WHY?

not if we CHOSE to or not, that doesn't matter...

WE DID CHOOSE TO, and I DID CHOOSE to go in... and I DID get my part, and I was lucky that it didn't cause me any more trouble, but I DO understand MANY OTHERS who are bullied while trying to as well...

BULLIED!!!

there is NO DIFFERENCE in this case

Griefers are attacking for NO REWARDS whatsoever other than self-satisfaction... that's what bullies do...

so my question is WHY are forced to have to RISK being BULLIED when trying to do something THAT IS NOT NEEDED WHATSOEVER in what we're trying to achieve, other than the sake of it "being there"

Edited by SumZed

BTW, the I work for a living defense is pretty idiotic. I would wager MOST of us work for a living. How hard is it to get up in the middle of the night .. log in for 10mins get the vendor part quick travel back and then go back to sleep.

That is such an asinine response I would wager you are one of those people.

In case you didn't know.... people are different.

Even if I had the desire to set an alarm to wake up halfway through the night (which can completely **** up your circadian rhythm by the way) to do this, it doesn't make it practical. It might work for you, but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

The problem is that you are NOT GETTING YOUR WAY so you feel the need to QQ.

Wrong. We are complaining about the percentage of players who are actively campaigning to prevent us from achieving end game content for no reason other than lulz.

You don't get valor for this, you don't earn commendations, you don't get any reward.

Please feel free to define this in terms that does not make it griefing.

EAware has provided tools within the game to faciltate making this a non-issue. I suggest you use them. :cool:

Indeed? Do tell.

Edited by Tonymitsu

/discussion

No I am not. Do you really see them live the right way? No you dont. And if you really want to know most town have not leagal to beg for money and cops ether run you off or take you jail. But he is for pve. A thing that will help you pve or do you junt not get that?

From my experience most do not get tired of ganking people. I have seen this too many times on SWG that they would always have someone camped at locations just to gank people.

This is not a valid arguement as it is based in emotion and imperical experience. I am well established as not being a PvPer and very vocal about anti ganking ... this is a non-issue.

Again I wil state some of us don't have this choice. Real life responsibilites such as school, work, etc have to come first before the game..

Then you really don't NEED to have this OPTIONAL companion. This is not for you unless you are willing to commit to what is needed to obtain him.

Some guild do not pvp and so this would not be a choice for them as it wouldn't help them since they don't pvp and the people that are ganking would have more people to gank.

You don't have to "PvP" you just run interfearance for each other ... die a bunch of times while some of you make it to the vendor and are SAFE while buying. Your guild can make a few runs at it until everyone has the part. This really isn't that hard.

Ever hear of lag that causes a delay in action. There are people that have lag that the action is delayed even when they click on something.

This is not a regular thing. You can not use this as an excuse. If it is such an issue for you then I suggest getting a better connection and or upgrading your rig.

It would be better if BW would have thought about the ones that didn't pvp when they placed the vendor in outlaws den.

Normally I would defend their actions but this they seem not to consider all players into this.

Again I am NOT a PvPer. This really isn't an issue. Its very "doable" just be creative.

Stop saying you can't and think of a way that you can.

:cool:

Well, that sucks man. Alternatively, someone else posted you can actually go and die, get to the vendor, and click it. Once you click it, you're invulnerable. Just gotta get close enough. (Scoundrel team cloak? Transcendence? Ask someone to cloak and "pull" you to it?)

Nothing will probably frustrate those tards more than you actually accomplishing your goal.

Well, that sucks man. Alternatively, someone else posted you can actually go and die, get to the vendor, and click it. Once you click it, you're invulnerable. Just gotta get close enough. (Scoundrel team cloak? Transcendence? Ask someone to cloak and "pull" you to it?)

Nothing will probably frustrate those tards more than you actually accomplishing your goal.

you don't get teleported to the vendor, he's not a healing droid...

There are ablties that can break your stealth so yea

And just because I can:

/discussion

So because it's not a "requirement" that makes you right?

Your argument is irrelevant. It's something I want to do, a portion of the game I choose to experience.

No one can prevent you from entering a warzone. No one can prevent you from gaining the highest ranked PvP gear (aside from ranked gear, you'll lose your way to enough commendations eventually). No one can prevent you from joining a PUG to see operations (except yourself. by being a bad).

BioWare's carelessness has created a situation where the actions of other players are preventing me from seeing this content and I have no recourse.

This is why it has to be changed.

Again I am NOT a PvPer. This really isn't an issue. Its very "doable" just be creative.

Stop saying you can't and think of a way that you can.

:cool:

My whole thing wasnt about me not being able to do it. The whole thing was why arte they trying to force me to pvp on a pve server in a none wz area

Entering Outlaws Den to reach a vendor with a brief possibility of PvP that may not even happen?

Is this argument being made from a moralistic ivory tower? "I wasn't actually inconvenienced, but I might be so this is horrible!"

How many people in this thread have started the HK-51 quest, went into the Outlaws Den and were prevented from reaching the vendor due to unwanted PvP? And how many people (like myself) had this experience:

1. Went into Outlaws Den.

2. Went to the vendor.

3. Bought stuff.

4. Left.

?

Edited by Khevar

How many people in this thread have started the HK-51 quest, went into the Outlaws Den and were prevented from reaching the vendor due to unwanted PvP?

/raises hand

Right here.

And how many people (like myself) had this experience:

2. Went to the vendor.

3. Bought stuff.

4. Left.

?

/points at self

Not this guy.

Entering Outlaws den to reach a vendor with a brief possibility of PvP that may not even happen?

Is this argument being made from a moralistic ivory tower? "I wasn't actually inconvenienced, but I might be so this is horrible!"

How many people in this thread have started the HK-51 quest, went into the Outlaws Den and were prevented from reaching the vendor due to unwanted PvP? And how many people (like myself) had this experience:

2. Went to the vendor.

3. Bought stuff.

4. Left.

?

That happened to me. Maybe it was because it was early in the morning, or something, but I didn't even run into any Imperial in Outlaws Den. (I admit, I QT'd out of there, just in case) But, I didn't run into any "Forced" PVP

My whole thing wasnt about me not being able to do it. The whole thing was why arte they trying to force me to pvp on a pve server in a none wz area

And my question to you is as follows:

Why if you are not willing to do what is required do you feel you are entitled to the reward?

It's a simple question. Please answer it directly and don't spin, or use straw man defense, or apple and oranges arguments, or recutio ad absurdum. ;)

Most if not ALL of the QQers in this thread can't seem to comprehend this FACT. :D

I'm not QQing...

I got the part, again, I was lucky enough to not have run into much trouble, the Pubs there somewhat ignored me... as I did to them... except 1 in the beginning when I tried the first time

NOW PUTTING MYSELF IN SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOES, it isn't so simple

Nope:

Most if not ALL of the QQers in this thread can't seem to comprehend this FACT. :D

Wrong. We are complaining about the percentage of players who are actively campaigning to prevent us from achieving end game content for no reason other than lulz.

You don't get valor for this, you don't earn commendations, you don't get any reward.

Please feel free to define this in terms that does not make it griefing.

And my question to you is as follows:

Why if you are not willing to do what is required do you feel you are entitled to the reward?

It's a simple question. Please answer it directly and don't spin, or use straw man defense, or apple and oranges arguments, or recutio ad absurdum. ;)

My whole reason to all my post is I feel its wrong to have a part of new content be where people can just camp and stops you from getting it. In my eyes that is wrong. I understand that if you are on a pvp server then you have deal with pvp all day love. But those of us on a pve sever only pvp when we want too. Not being killed over and over to do a quest that is new contet