HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Yeah, you're right. Your class quest doesn't require you to go into a Outlaw's Den. Hence, there's nothing in your class quest that is PvP required. HK-51 isn't part of your class quest. He's an optional companion. The key being "OPTIONAL"... meaning you don't have to have him. Therefore, you still don't have to PvP in this game.

Wow are you just dence? Cause you have to pvp to get a pve compain that will help you in the pve part of the game

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually try to give BW the benefit of the doubt since I've been here (prior to launch) but this is one thing I don't understand.

There are people who do not like pvp so why put a vendor in a pvp zone that is actully promoting ganking, especially on the non pvp one,.

There have been a number of pvp'rs that have acually stated they will stand at the vendor and gank anyone that comes in to get the part over and over, yet bw doesn't seem to listen or understand.

I have heard the comment well go with friends and that might be all good if you have friends that pvp. Some of us have never pvp nor do we intend to. And no there are some of us that can not come on at a different hours. Some of us have r/l responsiblities, school, work and coming on at 3 am is not possible.

Yes all I have heard from people is constant ridicule of people who don't like pvp. You really think that is going to make people like pvp? No, that is going to more than likely force people further away from it.

The only choices a non pvp player has is (1) get ganked over and over until they give up and quit or (2) dont get the part.

There should be a better way for those who don't pvp than to go into a pvp zone where it has been stated over and over again that if they do they will be ganked over and over. That may be fun for you but it is not fun for some others.

I thought the idea was for people to have fun .

I don't understand how bw can be so careless in doing something that will push a lot of players away.

If anything it's a bigger kick in the teeth to people that ONLY want to PvP to have to do the HM OP than it is for a PvEr run into a very small area ... to buy the item instead of having to get it as a drop of a Boss Mob in the HM OP. :D

No, actually, it's quite different.

Even one skilled PvE healer or tank who knows what they are doing can carry your sorry butt through a hard mode. Especially one like Foundry.

No one can get carried through PvP. It's been pounded into the ground how Expertise makes it pointless for people who don't PvP to even try so I'll skip that this time.

And it still comes back to you, "the masterful PvP player" actively spending time accomplishing absolutely nothing but preventing someone else from achieving a PvE objective.

(which can be done in off hours when no one is usually on if you are really that scared)

I work for a living. And I need to sleep at night. And do things when I wake up.

Logging in when the these kiddies are at school isn't always practical for me.

Huh... answering repeated questions by requoting my previous answers is actually fun.

Should do it more often.

I usually try to give BW the benefit of the doubt since I've been here (prior to launch) but this is one thing I don't understand.

There are people who do not like pvp so why put a vendor in a pvp zone that is actully promoting ganking, especially on the non pvp one,.

There have been a number of pvp'rs that have acually stated they will stand at the vendor and gank anyone that comes in to get the part over and over, yet bw doesn't seem to listen or understand.

I have heard the comment well go with friends and that might be all good if you have friends that pvp. Some of us have never pvp nor do we intend to. And no there are some of us that can not come on at a different hours. Some of us have r/l responsiblities, school, work and coming on at 3 am is not possible.

Yes all I have heard from people is constant ridicule of people who don't like pvp. You really think that is going to make people like pvp? No, that is going to more than likely force people further away from it.

The only choices a non pvp player has is (1) get ganked over and over until they give up and quit or (2) dont get the part.

There should be a better way for those who don't pvp than to go into a pvp zone where it has been stated over and over again that if they do they will be ganked over and over. That may be fun for you but it is not fun for some others.

I don't understand how bw can be so careless in doing something that will push a lot of players away.

OMG yes!

Yeah, you're right. Your class quest doesn't require you to go into a Outlaw's Den. Hence, there's nothing in your class quest that is PvP required. HK-51 isn't part of your class quest. He's an optional companion. The key being "OPTIONAL"... meaning you don't have to have him. Therefore, you still don't have to PvP in this game.

my point is what your definition of "optional" is... IF your class quest DID require you to enter a PvP area, believe me a LOT of you will complain

but for a PvE, it is my "duty" to do every PvE quest... that's the purpose I'm playing for... of course I don't have to do ALL quests, as I don't have to do any class quest neither... so HK-51 is AS OPTIONAL as a CLASS QUEST

IF a class quest SHOULDN'T have a PvP element to it, why should any other quest?

my point is what your definition of "optional" is... IF your class quest DID require you to enter a PvP area, believe me a LOT of you will complain

but for a PvE, it is my "duty" to do every PvE quest... that's the purpose I'm playing for... of course I don't have to do ALL quests, as I don't have to do any class quest neither... so HK-51 is AS OPTIONAL as a CLASS QUEST

IF a class quest SHOULDN'T have a PvP element to it, why should any other quest?

Hell yea

Your not "forced" to get HK, yea thats true but cmon give these guys a break, they are not forced but they have been awaiting HK like everyone else. You cant expect to say : "hey lets go farm holocrons tonight and will get Hk in 2 weeks.".

Just know this, usually griefers are compensating for a bad situation in RL and they need something to feel stronger, probably they were born with a really small *%*#& and that makes them angry, its not theire fault, so give em their little moment of glory, at least they are not acting out in rl.

Now lets sing kumbaya

Edited by Mateops

NO that is NOT your only choice.

1. You can WAIT until the "newness" has worn off and people get tired of ganking people.
  2. You can go EARLY IN THE MORNING when it is likely that noone is on camping OLD.
  3. You can go en mass with your guild and run cover for each other.
  4. You can zerg in and try to get to the vendor before you are tagged. If you do so you will be immune to any attacks ( or possitive buffs and healing for that matter) while you are interacting with the vendor. Start your quick travel after you have the part and do not click off the vendor.

These are but a few of the options that you have ... you DO have more than one choice.

Oh and finally, you can CHOOSE NOT to get the companion if it is TOO MUCH WORK for you.

Again, I am NOT a PvPer .. this is a trivial if not moot issue. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Your not "forced" to get HK, yea thats true but cmon give these guys a break, they are not forced but they have been awaiting HK like everyone else. You cant expect to say : "hey lets go farm holocrons tonight and will get Hk in 2 weeks.".

Just know this, usually griefers are compensating for a bad situation in RL and they need something to feel stronger, probably they have a been dealt a really small (%*#& and makes them angry, its not theire fault, so give em their little moment of glory, at least they are not acting out in rl.

Now lets sing kumbaya

LMFAO! :eek:

Omg to get the hk you are force to, what part are you not understanding the stuff being typed here. On pvp severs yea the best luck to. Buton a pve server you shouldnt be touch at all

Okay... follow the logic with me:

Getting HK-51 (an optional companion) is a choice.

To get him, you will need to enter a PvP area.

Please notice how acquiring HK-51 starts with choice.

Do you sit there and complain everyday that you're forced to go to your job? Because no one is holding a gun to your head. You have a choice. You can choose to find a different job. You can choose to just not go. But it's still your choice. You may not choose exactly the job you want, but you can choose not to work somewhere you don't want to work.

You may not choose how to acquire HK-51... but you can choose to acquire him or not. You can say, "Why am I forced to PvP to acquire HK-51?" That's a valid question. The reason: Because Bioware wants this quest to take in a little bit of everything in their game outside of operations.

But you can't say, "Bioware, why are you forcing me to PvP?" That's an absurd statement. You're leaving out the context. That's like complaining, "Why am I forced to wear a uniform?" and leaving out the "while working at McDonalds?"

Just know this, usually griefers are compensating for a bad situation in RL and they need something to feel stronger, probably they have a been dealt a really small (%*#& and makes them angry, its not theire fault, so give em their little moment of glory, at least they are not acting out in rl.

Now lets sing kumbaya

oh that just gave me a good idea...

how about instead of forcing you to PvP, force you to get every single piece of Datacron in every planet? that'll make everyone happy!! /troll

But this is not a class quest and is in fact optional content that is not required to advance hence rendering your argument not valid. You can not use the apples and orangles defense (so many have to recognize doing this). :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

Wow are you just dence? Cause you have to pvp to get a pve compain that will help you in the pve part of the game

Calling me dense and not knowing how to spell it... a little hilarious there.

Still, how does he help you beyond what your current companions can do? He's just a different skin with different dialog. He doesn't help you in any way beyond what any other comp can do. And he's not just a pve companion... he can also pvp.

Do you sit there and complain everyday that you're forced to go to your job? Because no one is holding a gun to your head. You have a choice. You can choose to find a different job. You can choose to just not go. But it's still your choice. You may not choose exactly the job you want, but you can choose not to work somewhere you don't want to work.

You may not choose how to acquire HK-51... but you can choose to acquire him or not. You can say, "Why am I forced to PvP to acquire HK-51?" That's a valid question. The reason: Because Bioware wants this quest to take in a little bit of everything in their game outside of operations.

But you can't say, "Bioware, why are you forcing me to PvP?" That's an absurd statement. You're leaving out the context. That's like complaining, "Why am I forced to wear a uniform?" and leaving out the "while working at McDonalds?"

Your statement is wrong. You are forced to work or you or your famliy go with out food/homne/ect. Bw is forceing pvp on people for the brand next content that we have been waiting months if not a year for.

I don't understand how people can throw such a temper tantrum just because not everything in this game is the way they want it. How does that sound?

Well, some folks are pretty passionate about avoiding PVP.

I don't think its that big of an issue since it has been pointed out that you can use companions in certain types of PVP...but at the same time I still think it probably wasn't very intuitive to put the vendor there.

Obviously folks that hate PVP are going to take issue with that. And my guess would be that is a substantial amount of players, if one speculates based on industry studies that state that anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of players in an online game never participate in PVP (depending on which study you choose to go by).

Is it unfair? I dont think so. Is it a nuisance to players that loath PVP? Certainly.

So it probably would have been a wiser choice to place it somewhere other than a PVP zone.

I guess I would ask this...does it have to be in a PVP zone? Couldn't it be moved out of that zone? What would be the reason, if any, that a PVP player might object to this?

The answer to those questions would be telling IMO.

So because it's not a "requirement" that makes you right?

Your argument is irrelevant. It's something I want to do, a portion of the game I choose to experience.

No one can prevent you from entering a warzone. No one can prevent you from gaining the highest ranked PvP gear (aside from ranked gear, you'll lose your way to enough commendations eventually). No one can prevent you from joining a PUG to see operations (except yourself. by being a bad).

BioWare's carelessness has created a situation where the actions of other players are preventing me from seeing this content and I have no recourse.

This is why it has to be changed.

Huh... answering repeated questions by requoting my previous answers is actually fun.

Should do it more often.

I am sure that is amusing to YOU.

I will leave you with this ...

If you are NOT WILLING to do WHAT IS REQUIRED you are NOT ENTITLED to reap the REWARD!

And again, there are Soooooooooo many ways around the PvP "requirement" that this has been rendered trivial if not MOOT!

BTW, the I work for a living defense is pretty idiotic. I would wager MOST of us work for a living. How hard is it to get up in the middle of the night .. log in for 10mins get the vendor part quick travel back and then go back to sleep.

The problem is that you are NOT GETTING YOUR WAY so you feel the need to QQ.

EAware has provided tools within the game to faciltate making this a non-issue. I suggest you use them. :cool:

I don't understand how people can throw such a temper tantrum just because not everything in this game is the way they want it. How does that sound?

Its not that, they are trying to make us do something that we dont come to the game to do

All of you with "you're not forced because quest is optional" argument is forgetting that this is ONE SMALL part of a BIG QUEST that is stepping out of bounds...

I can answer your "Why am I forced to wear a uniform?" and leaving out the "while working at McDonalds?" with "you're not forced to work for McDonalds neither"

but you CHOSE to no?! if YOU CHOOSE to work at mcdonald's you're forced to wear a uniform... THAT is FORCED but THERE IS A GOOD AND VALID REASON FOR THAT!!! <==== this is what you don't get

I CHOSE to take the quest but forcing me to go PvP!? THERE IS NO good and valid REASON for it

the whole POINT of this thread is WHY!? are we FORCED to go into PvP on some quest that has NOTHING to do with PvP??? (yes yes you can use him if you flag yourself and attack opposing flagged players, but HOW MANY actually BOTHER on a PvE server?)

Lol... you just failed. Let me point it out. You said "every PvE quest". Guess what? Part of this quest involves some PvP. So it's not strictly a PvE quest. It's a PvE and PvP quest. Hence, your entire thread fails because your premise failed.

HK-51 is as mandatory as any piece of loot in this game. He's optional. You can't argue that. Deal with it.

Lol... you just failed. Let me point it out. You said "every PvE quest". Guess what? Part of this quest involves some PvP. So it's not strictly a PvE quest. It's a PvE and PvP quest. Hence, your entire thread fails because your premise failed.

HK-51 is as mandatory as any piece of loot in this game. He's optional. You can't argue that. Deal with it.

That seems pretty dismissive. Would you be against them moving it out of the PVP area?

Its not that, they are trying to make us do something that we dont come to the game to do

They are not MAKING YOU DO ANYTHING.

You CHOOSE to want the HK-51 companion.

You don't HAVE to HAVE him.

There is a perscribed set of tasks you must accomplish to obtain this OPTIONAL companion.

Again NO ONE IS FORCING YOU to go after HK-51. You are ELECTING to try to obtain him but are not WILLING TO DO WHAT IS REQUIRED to obtain the REWARD.

:cool:

NO that is NOT your only choice.

[*]You can WAIT until the "newness" has worn off and people get tired of ganking people.

From my experience most do not get tired of ganking people. I have seen this too many times on SWG that they would always have someone camped at locations just to gank people.

[*]You can go EARLY IN THE MORNING when it is likely that noone is on camping OLD.

Again I wil state some of us don't have this choice. Real life responsibilites such as school, work, etc have to come first before the game..

[*]You can go en mass with your guild and run cover for each other.

Some guild do not pvp and so this would not be a choice for them as it wouldn't help them since they don't pvp and the people that are ganking would have more people to gank.

[*]You can zerg in and try to get to the vendor before you are tagged. If you do so you will be immune to any attacks ( or possitive buffs and healing for that matter) while you are interacting with the vendor. Start your quick travel after you have the part and do not click off the vendor.

Ever hear of lag that causes a delay in action. There are people that have lag that the action is delayed even when they click on something.

It would be better if BW would have thought about the ones that didn't pvp when they placed the vendor in outlaws den.

Normally I would defend their actions but this they seem not to consider all players into this.

Edited by ScarletBlaze