Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I experienced what must have been a personal record for me last night; 21 imps on the scoreboard at the end of the game. This was the outcome of the pubs managing to get two of their best premades on the same team. On the imp side we had three 14-15K people, those were the ones who didnt quit, and five spots where the players rotated as more and more were quitting. I joined at the end of the first round as the pubs were farming my awesome team mates.

It didnt get much better in the following games. Threw a fit when I noticed that my horrible team mates were camping a home node, long before the game was actually won by the other team, so I probably recieved a bunch of reports for that. I don't mind facing premades but for some reason I'm always ending up with people I've never seen before and who most likely only play once per week so this is where we need some form of ranks for normal warzones. It's no guarantee that someone is good just because he/she plays a lot but the likelyhood of them having some clue of what's going on is significally higher than with people who more or less never play or hasnt been on since back in the Champion gear days. Experienced players shouldnt have to deal with the newbies and I won't re-sub unless there's a change to the current system before my current prepaid time has run out.

Edited by Washingtoon

There should be a limit of, say, 2 in a group when queuing for non-ranked warzones. If people want to queue larger groups (but less than 8) the ranked warzone environment should be altered to accommodate them or they should have to wait until such time as a similar sized group is available to act as opposition. Pre-mades have too large an advantage when opposed by 7 or 8 individual players. The advantage is so large that it voids any attempt to offset it via player skill.

There should be a limit of, say, 2 in a group when queuing for non-ranked warzones. If people want to queue larger groups (but less than 8) the ranked warzone environment should be altered to accommodate them or they should have to wait until such time as a similar sized group is available to act as opposition. Pre-mades have too large an advantage when opposed by 7 or 8 individual players. The advantage is so large that it voids any attempt to offset it via player skill.

I'd be fine if there were a limit of 4 grouped players per team per warzone, regardless of if it's 2 groups of 2 or 1 group of 4.

4mans aren't a problem and anyone who says so is wrong.

The problem is when you've got 6-8 dropping queue until they get a simultaneous pop. I've no time for griefers who are too afraid to play rateds.

I have played several pvp games just as the rest of us. I enjoy the game concepts and what Bioware is trying to do. The bad thing is pugging these pre-made games. It is like sending lambs to a slaughter. Then from the pvp guilds that defend this, telling you to get in a guild, be reasonable. There are a lot of pugs out there. I think the que solo should not allow grouping at all. It would eliminate the group pre-mades. They would be playing other pre-made groups. I agree with the weekly 9 matches too. It shouldn't be completed in an instant,, but it should not be untouchable either. They should start the solo ranking system and start non grouping ques for this. I think being fair to all players is not a difficult thing to ask. I have a subscription. I choose to have that subscription. I am a customer of your product. Please make your product worth that subscription.

They don't comment on anything because they don't really care as long as we pay our monthly sub. We gonna get more cartel packs before they fix smash, bubble stun and 10 other things that are far from being balanced.

Meh can agree with smash getting a TAD bit toned down, but im preety debateable with bubble stun haveing a problem...

Yes, like 8 pugged or even 7 guild players with 1 pugged ranked groups will win consistently against any regular ranked teams... most people will just quit pvp if this happens. Against good 8 ppl teams, that 1 pugged is going to ruin your day.

I see alot of dumb things being talked about outside Harbinger half the time :rolleyes:

5 topics seem to be dominating the PvP forums over and over and over. Here is my list in order of importance.

1)Matchmaking aka Premades and Ranked

2)Class balance for gimped classes

3)Stun Wars

Tied for 4 depending on what class you play.

4)Jumping Monkey Epidemic

4)Bubble Boy Epidemic

Probably because there is no reason for them to comment on this.

The amount of posts is the reason enough. It's their game, their forum and their paying players. Every topic that brings that much interest is a topic they MUST be active in.

It's a company that is getting paid for their service, not some redneck shack in the middle of the swamp.

But hey, as long as they have customers that expect them to be silent, it's ok.

I can't understand why Bioware don't put the power to matchmake back into the hands of the plsyers by giving us a set of buttons that allow us to choose what we are willing to play against and just have 1 queue for ranked and other warzones?

Bioware could give us 4 buttons that we could tick or untick depending on what we wanted to play :

8 man premade (effectively ranked warzones)

4 man premade

2 man premade

Solo

If you are in a group then the buttons you can tick are only those that are greater than or equal to your current group size, so anyone in a 4 man group could only tick 4 man or 8 man.

if you are solo then you can tick all groups if you like or only tick the solo button if you are a new player to level 50 and would then not be placed in a match with any premades.

if you are in a group of 6 then you would only be able to tick the 8 man button and would know that you are going to be pitted against other 6,7 or 8 man groups in a ranked warzone that has also been filled with solo players or 2 man groups that have actively ticked the 8 man button.

i think this would allow premades that can't get 8 to play ranked warzones, albeit with solo fillers but also allow new level 50's to choose to only play in totally random warzones and so have a much better chance of actually winning one.

At least with this option if you keep coming up against an 8 man premade but are queuing solo you can untick the 8 man box

Three times against premades in EWH in a row. Learn how to program a working matchmaker, learn to sanction people quitting losing battles, till then I'm back in Starcraft 1v1 for some fun pvp.

Lets be honest, the difference between WH and EWH is so minimal, you cant really make this excuse anymore

The amount of posts is the reason enough. It's their game, their forum and their paying players. Every topic that brings that much interest is a topic they MUST be active in.

It's a company that is getting paid for their service, not some redneck shack in the middle of the swamp.

But hey, as long as they have customers that expect them to be silent, it's ok.

What more can they comment on. "hey we understand this is an mmo, some people will group because it is a multiplier game and even though there is ranked not everyone can field 8 and we do not want to limit the possibility to group with friends or guildies". They said they are working on a matchmaking system and changing expertise on gear again.

Lets be honest, the difference between WH and EWH is so minimal, you cant really make this excuse anymore

Agreed. Such a low difference and the fact that WH can be achieved in a fraction of the time its know true that people will complain about anything.

Edited by cycao

The only good thing about this thread is, it has somehow managed to stay on the first page of the PvP forum for so long, there are not so many posts concerning the same "issue".

Other than that, so many proposal to fix that problem, BW would need to make another game in order to implement them.

Anyway, Hajd, lets go stomp some pugs this noon? :D

Rather than ask Bioware to take away a game mechanic that many people enjoy to satisfy your feelings of unjust why not ask Bioware to add things to level the playing field? Ranked WZ are a 1 or 2 nights a week thing for PvP guilds due to having enough people on, or the right comp and then hoping an opponent team was able to do the same. Premades are in WZ’s and aren’t going away.

The ability to create a voice channel has been implemented in other MMO’s. This would allow a pug team to communicate just as well as a premade. (EvE Online comes to mind.)

Advance class detection so there isn’t 5 of the same class on a team.

Expertise detection so fresh 50’s don’t have a team of geared 1400 + expertise stacked against them.

Just my 2 cents. Dev team doen’t need to take away from a large group to satisfy a small group that either doesn’t want to be guilded or can’t get on at peak times to roll in premades, they can add new mechanics that everyone can utilize.

Agreed. Such a low difference and the fact that WH can be achieved in a fraction of the time its know true that people will complain about anything.

However, people do not take in account that remodding makes a difference,

Anyway, Hajd, lets go stomp some pugs this noon? :D

Fosho

Removing rated groups out sounds good, but it penalizes players who are trying to have some fun when they're waiting for a rated queue to pop. Yeah I know it seems hardly like it'd be fun to roflstomp recruits but it passes the time and thats why they're there.

Hence the dilemma, the ones who want to be pro's go premade but decide to sap the time of solo pugs to pass their time for enjoyment. Don't care what game or genre it is, PuGs should vs PuGs and premades should vs premades.

If the premade guys can't deal with their premade wait time the simple solution is to break up into smaller groups and end up going against eachother in a pug match. You have vent, talking program, etc. Obviously you can spend time fighting each other and having fun and laughs while communicating.

But no you instead decide to go and stomp pugs to blow some time and get some marks at the same and then wonder why the queues get longer and longer.

What happens when you run into a game you can never beat and loses its fun factor? You quit. Thats plain and simple.

Any premade who uses the excuse that they are puging in unranked matches to pass the time with friends is lying to you. You can most certainly spend time with chat programs for your friends spending time and having fun without making a pug players limited game time a living hell.

But then again in time the Pugs will dwindle and you will be forced against premades at which point most these "elite" will queue quit to find some other group they can 1 shot for marks and fun.

Eventually bioware will lose its PvP population and be forced with making Pugs vs Pugs and premades vs premades in unranked matches.

it's not solo q wz. It's "would you like to q solo and do a wz" ....

Yeah and a single's bar is really for couples. A single room might really have an extra room in there. Flying solo really means you might have a buddy go along. Han Solo is really a twin. I call bs on solo queue. It doesn't mean what it says it is a lie, just like the cake.

But then again in time the Pugs will dwindle and you will be forced against premades at which point most these "elite" will queue quit to find some other group they can 1 shot for marks and fun.

Eventually bioware will lose its PvP population and be forced with making Pugs vs Pugs and premades vs premades in unranked matches.

Haha the arguments were always funny. They'd always whine that queue times would go up too much, meanwhile the populations cratered and we needed merge after merge until what we have now. If things go as they've been going we'll be left with 3 US Servers and maybe 3 other World servers.

Bioware is the same company that used to only have 1 PVP bracket, from 1-50. Then they moved it to 10-50, but of course the 50s still abused everyone. Finally after much complaint and after probably losing about 500k subs, they moved to 2 brackets, with 10-49 as one and 50 as the other. The 50s whined that nobody would queue so the brackets shouldn't have been split. Reality though was that the 50 bracket was fine.

Same thing would happen with splitting Solo and Group queues. The Group queue people would whine and complain but in the end it would be fine. If it ever became that big of an issue you'd just Solo queue anyway. If you were actually any good you'd still be fine in solo, but you'd have to deal with variance like all the other solo queuers.

But I know this won't happen, and this game's PVP will continue to be on life support and be a joke. This isn't a game that would ever make it to Major League Gaming or any of those other tournament level groups. Bioware is not interested in that, and either are the people that play this game, it is what it is. But the posts on it are imo entertaining.

Hence the dilemma, the ones who want to be pro's go premade but decide to sap the time of solo pugs to pass their time for enjoyment. Don't care what game or genre it is, PuGs should vs PuGs and premades should vs premades. .

I don't care how many times I have to repeat the same thing: just a few player have the courage and honesty to admit this.You're quite right, pal: PuGs should always be figthing another PuGs, just the same as premades should be facing another premade.

Let's hope forced solo queue (no longer available to groups) will be implemented in time.

Edited by zorroazul

I don't care how many times I have to repeat the same thing: just a few player have the courage and honesty to admit this.You're quite right, pal: PuGs should always be figthing another PuGs, just the same as premades should be facing another premade.

Let's hope forced solo queue (no longer available to groups) will be implemented in time.

The premades will cry and scream desperately to avoid it. Personally I think if Failware will be this stupid about it, they should just let premades queue as an op (so 8 of them) and let them just bully PUGs. It happens anyway, but let's put that in as a "feature" so the premades can enjoy themselves more. Then maybe the moron PUGs will finally stop queuing completely. If solo queuers stopped queuing completely Failware would then act, even if for a week or something.

I still don't get why people keep solo queuing and putting up with it.