Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

A general advise is not to play on Tuesday and Wednesday. Most guilds seems to out in force on these days (weekly reset).

Weekends are way worse. I'm getting suicidal thoughts from the amount of badness in PvP during those 2 days.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is that I haven't seen a single person from that guild in 70s. Competition too hard, I guess.

Me neither. I was wondering what's that scarebare thing everyone talks about.

@AlCorazon - I can highly recommend transferring to a different server. I have and it's mostly because of guilds like TaS and Scare Bears. PVP is suddenly enjoyable again.

I honestly think TRE is the best out of what we have left. If queue has many players in it you can get decent matches. If some guild is bothering you with a premade, leave, skip a pop and catch another train. Problem solved.

I honestly think TRE is the best out of what we have left. If queue has many players in it you can get decent matches. If some guild is bothering you with a premade, leave, skip a pop and catch another train. Problem solved.

I used to think that way, but it hasn't been my experience this past year or so. I am certainly enjoying myself more on a different server, despite still considering TRE as my home (47 characters there).

I used to think that way, but it hasn't been my experience this past year or so. I am certainly enjoying myself more on a different server, despite still considering TRE as my home (47 characters there).

Out of curiosity: anything you can recommend specifically? I left Prog because it's mostly dead and it was always RP anyway, I tried ToFN but it was already dead when I created a toon there, and I've fooled around on Harb but 330 ms ping and the amount of trash made me drop it as well. TRE has lots of trash also, but there are more good games out there you can catch theoretically even if you mostly queue solo (like myself).:)

Edited by zhezvya

Out of curiosity: anything you can recommend specifically? I left Prog because it's mostly dead and it was always RP anyway, I tried ToFN but it was already dead when I created a toon there, and I've fooled around on Harb but 330 ms ping and the amount of trash made me drop it as well. TRE has lots of trash also, but there are more good games out there you can catch theoretically even if you mostly queue solo (like myself).:)

I almost fear to recommend it out loud, but I have migrated to TEH. Despite having many roleplayers, the general PVP is more or less on level with TRE. There are certainly also premaders on TEH, and I guess it's unavoidable to escape them completely. I am getting ~100 ms ping despite playing from Europe and there a plenty of WZ pops. I have not played ranked on this server yet.

I almost fear to recommend it out loud, but I have migrated to TEH. .

Why fear, many people recommended it here previously. I heard Rep side is strong there which is curious. I probably should try it out as well, though I'm pretty satisfied with TRE.

I almost fear to recommend it out loud, but I have migrated to TEH. Despite having many roleplayers, the general PVP is more or less on level with TRE. There are certainly also premaders on TEH, and I guess it's unavoidable to escape them completely. I am getting ~100 ms ping despite playing from Europe and there a plenty of WZ pops. I have not played ranked on this server yet.

SSSSSsSHHHHHHH..... TEH is a secret....

btw... epic thread necro... love it. The more things change the more they stay the same...

• 1 month later...
Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

I wholeheartedly agree.

I would love PvP to be solo-entry only. No more pre-mades and no more guild-fixing. If everyone would end up in randomly assembled teams that would fix a lot of balance issues already. The emphasis wouldn't be so much on gear either, but rather on improvisation and team play. Isn't that exactly what PvP should be all about? Aren't you looking for a challenge? A fair fight?

If all of us were solo players in PvP then everyone would have a chance to shine. If it wasn't for all the pre-mades, PvP in general would be so much more enjoyable, so much more alive and so much more competitive for the majority of players, who are really quite casual. Today, there's almost no point entering a Warzone anymore. You're going to lose the same way, see the same tactics, encounter the same teams, the same ''experts'' with their pocket healers and the same guilds farming solo players a million times over. Not much fun if you ask me.

Edited by saberscreen

I would love PvP to be solo-entry only. No more pre-mades and no more guild-fixing. If everyone would end up in randomly assembled teams that would fix a lot of balance issues already. The emphasis wouldn't be so much on gear either, but rather on improvisation and team play. Isn't that exactly what PvP should be all about? Aren't you looking for a challenge? A fair fight?

If all of us were solo players in PvP then everyone would have a chance to shine. If it wasn't for all the pre-mades, PvP in general would be so much more enjoyable, so much more alive and so much more competitive for the majority of players, who are really quite casual. Today, there's almost no point entering a Warzone anymore. You're going to lose the same way, see the same tactics, encounter the same teams, the same ''experts'' with their pocket healers and the same guilds farming solo players a million times over. Not much fun if you ask me.

Just a thought, why dont you simply ask other solo players you see in warzones of they want to group up? You see most of ua who queue aa premades now all entered wz's as solo. Then instead of just constantly complaining about our experience we chose to do something and asked others if they wanted to group.

And I dont think your premise of only solo would allow players to shine is accurate, there is a solo queue mode in the game called solo ranked and if you hadnt noticed its a toxic mess filled with queue syncers, exploiters and wannabe heroes so trust me a pure solo experience would be torture for all.

Stop bumping this stupid thread and let it die. ************ about this doesn't change the fact that Bioware is in no rush to balance or make "pug only" queues. It will never happen.

All this thread comes down to is randoms bushing players who just want to play with their friends. Give it a rest.

the only bearable matches in swtor are with and against premades.

playing in a pug is such a shame... don't know how it could turn this

way that fast.

in 4.0 many good players have left the game, so the quality was not the best,

but what happens now.. no sorry. i'm out, too.

Stop bumping this stupid thread and let it die. ************ about this doesn't change the fact that Bioware is in no rush to balance or make "pug only" queues. It will never happen.

All this thread comes down to is randoms bushing players who just want to play with their friends. Give it a rest.

Irony of you posting and bumping a thread you seem to not care about aside, why should people who still do care listen to anything you say? You dont care, great, so piss off and let people who do say what they want.

Then instead of just constantly complaining about our experience we chose to do something and asked others if they wanted to group.

[/quote}

So you cause cancer in our experience? Let me ask you this. If the way you do it is the most popular way of doing it then why is PVP a stagnated part of this game? Why were the PVP servers dying way before the instance change? Why countless threads on this subject? Also what would it do to you if there was a solo-que only? You group up run with other groups..if you solo-que you run with pugs. That would not effect you in any way would it? Heck if they made solo only and word got out good chance it would bring people back. Premade fotm ts tryhards stinking up reg ques so they can have their "fun" has done more damage to the pvp community IMO then lack of maps or balance changes. So in "My Playstyle" the OP is spot on.

Then instead of just constantly complaining about our experience we chose to do something and asked others if they wanted to group.

[/quote}

So you cause cancer in our experience? Let me ask you this. If the way you do it is the most popular way of doing it then why is PVP a stagnated part of this game? Why were the PVP servers dying way before the instance change? Why countless threads on this subject? Also what would it do to you if there was a solo-que only? You group up run with other groups..if you solo-que you run with pugs. That would not effect you in any way would it? Heck if they made solo only and word got out good chance it would bring people back. Premade fotm ts tryhards stinking up reg ques so they can have their "fun" has done more damage to the pvp community IMO then lack of maps or balance changes. So in "My Playstyle" the OP is spot on.

Couple of things, your 'playstyle' seems to be the whine on foruns but not do anything about it style.

Point where in my post where I said I was opposed to premade vs premade queues? You cant because I never mentioned it, what I did so though was my opinion that in the current system the best option is for people to seek to group.

And no premades did not stagnate pvp as you claim, majority would say it was the removal of 8 man ranked tigether with class balance issues that did the most damage. The scene was actaully doing pretty well up to that point. But I guess you wouldnt know this since you dont group and yet claim to know about our motives.

Just for the record, I fully support a premade vs premade only queue but that is unlikely to happen, after all they removed the 8v8 ranked that was keeping that alive and 4v4 ranked is terrible.

So again I am trying to give advice to deal with an imperfect system, dont like queuing solo then grouo. I will group with anyone who asks.

But I suppose I could just do what you do and go on forums and complain about pugs ruining my premade wz experience since more often than not tberes 4 pugs with us.

Couple of things, your 'playstyle' seems to be the whine on foruns but not do anything about it style.

Point where in my post where I said I was opposed to premade vs premade queues? You cant because I never mentioned it, what I did so though was my opinion that in the current system the best option is for people to seek to group.

And no premades did not stagnate pvp as you claim, majority would say it was the removal of 8 man ranked tigether with class balance issues that did the most damage. The scene was actaully doing pretty well up to that point. But I guess you wouldnt know this since you dont group and yet claim to know about our motives.

Just for the record, I fully support a premade vs premade only queue but that is unlikely to happen, after all they removed the 8v8 ranked that was keeping that alive and 4v4 ranked is terrible.

So again I am trying to give advice to deal with an imperfect system, dont like queuing solo then grouo. I will group with anyone who asks.

But I suppose I could just do what you do and go on forums and complain about pugs ruining my premade wz experience since more often than not tberes 4 pugs with us.

Premades drive casual and solo queue pvpers out of pvp. When the same teams are face rolling pugs over and over the queue eventually dies off until more ppl log on or the premade stops queuing up for warzones.

That's just fact and I'd love to see w/e counter evidence you or anyone else can show to dispute this fact.

Edited by MercenaryPlayer

And no premades did not stagnate pvp as you claim, tigmajority would say it was the removal of 8 man ranked ether with class balance issues that did the most damage. The scene was actaully doing pretty well up to that point. But I guess you wouldnt know this since you dont group and yet claim to know about our motives.

First time on forums snark you very much

Other option is obvious isn't it? besides not queing at all

I understand that could be a reason maybe a bigger one then I realize

Last two in red MOTIVE is again obvious isn't it?

Grouping will only prolong the problem, not solve it. I see the same thing happening on the shadowlands last couple months that I saw on the bastion. Due to whatever reasons better players are grouping up controlling wzs. Pugs get frustrated and after enough farming quit queing or try to make your "groups". Better groups eat the other groups then they quit queing or unsub or play another game. Now your getting into try-hard country where the best groups start eating the better groups until those groups quit queing,unsub, or play another game. I present RANKED as exhibit A.

All I want is to que up with pugs to have a part of the game that isn't scripted one button pushing mind numbing pve experience. But to go into one wz after another just to get roflstomped by a bunch of people that think somehow their epeen status looks great on a job application ill do what countless others have done and quit queing,unsub, or play something else.

Honestly, premades are the bane of regs but it isn't the premaders' fault. There is nothing wrong with premading. BW should have added (LONG AGO) a simple matchmaking system that at least tried for 3-5 minutes to place a premade on the other team as well. Just a very basic matchmaking system would help a lot.

Another issue people don't talk about is the premaders that left because of this lack of matchmaking. I know several players I premaded with early on who left because pugstomping was boring.

Do something BW. It would be so easy to set a basic matchmaking system up and it wouldn't increase q times since it only tries for a short period. On dead servers this would do nothing and with high pops there are usually more than 1 premade q'n.

Premades can ruin warzones as long as they are good, and by saying “good” I mean not the “stall grass” heroes, but the ones that kill you so fast you can’t even go through all your dcds. There are couple of premades like this on TRE, and I take my hat off to this guys, they rock.:)

Others shine not because they are awesome, but because their opponents are playing worse. Period. When they face actual challenge they either ragequit or eat dirt.

It's a Massive Miltiplayer Online Role-Player Game. Built around grouping up for missions and objectives.

Group up with friends and get on voice comms. Learn all class abilities, don't shoot on reflect and don't whitebar, don't use CC break on first CC, call incoming at first sign, pre-type that incoming call for a quick double tap of the ENTER key.

SWTOR is dumbed down to a more simple minded casual playerbase, yet I see failures in every WZ i load into. Everything I've mentioned above happens.

L2P and group up with comms. I run 2 voice comms open to the public.

You pay to play an MMO, act like it and show us on the doll where the pre-made touched you.

You loading in solo is a loss for your team. Regs or ranked. You've already gave up before the match even started. Don't blame the pre-made on your decision. Now get out there and make some friends. If on SL I have an open mumble and discord. So saying "I don't have voice comms" isn't a valid argument. "I don't have a mic" don't care, at least you can listen. Those are not excuses for your **** gameplay.

Pre-made didn't ruin PvP. You Solo-Q bads do.

Edited by Liquor