Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

You can bet your life that if the developers made it so that premades would only face other premades, that 'mode' would die pretty quickly. Forget the bull about wanting to 'queue with friends'. People who queue with a premade do so because they want an advantage, they want to stack the deck.

If they just wanted to play PvP together and play challenging play, why don't they roll a ranked team and play ranked? Simple, they just want to roflstomp solo q'ers and feel superior about it.

If they truly wanted to set up a ranked match for objectives, they could queue-sync to achieve that goal, against a predetermined team. But they don't do that. They prefer to smash solo q'ers, newbies et al. Premades then have the audacity to claim that it isn't fun winning all the time. Pull the other one... If it were that bad you'ed stop queuing premades.

There is a certain guild on TRE which rolls premades made up of FOTM classes, stalling tactics and then posts gloating videos on YT/Reddit. That is epitome of 'tryhard', if you wanted a description.

Personally, If I see that certain guild on MY team or the opposing team I just leave. It isn't fun. For anyone.

Well if me and 3 other players could Q and get a Group Rank pop within 5min I assure you I, and most others would probably not even touch warzone's on there main toons, and or Solo Rank. I know I speak for myself when I say that, definitely.

World PvP and Group Rank would be all i'd need, one doesn't exist anymore, and the other is well basically next to dead. If you haft to promote your getting Group Rank going, or looking for teams to Q Group Rank then it really isn't something to be considered.

Then Solo Rank, well its a joke. It would haft to pop every single minute for it to be worth it. I don't like winning 3 or 4 games in a row ie, then losing the 5th because I have no control who is Qing up. Among the fact you have no communication. You just hope everyone doesn't spread dps, and swaps when needed, and if you get someone that can swap > cc or interrupt a healer then swap back to dps target then your in good shape.

Then Warzone's, I think if you put this in my your mind premade or a losing warzone match might be more enjoyable for you. My favorite way to play a warzone is not objectively, if I don't think I can possibly help my team win a warzone, and or they are giving up, that makes me not feel bad for how I am about to play that warzone :). I will say you can find or bait World PvP in a warzone.

So keep that in mind, but as a disclaimer I am not telling you or anyone to go off world pvping warzone's at the start of the game. If you think your team is going to win no matter what, or if you know your going to lose the match no matter what then go world pvping. I am probably the only person on the forum that will give you that advice, but you can't stress about warzone's. You stress about Solo Rank, not warzone's :D.

Edited by SVTCarnage

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware have finally fixed the premades ruining non-ranked pvp.

Everyone will be queueing ranked to get gear... so you won't have to worry.. lol

Or in other words, Bioware have fixed the problem by completely "f" ing up the game so no one will even play. No players, no premades, problem solved 😢

Edited by Icykill_

Well if me and 3 other players could Q and get a Group Rank pop within 5min I assure you I, and most others would probably not even touch warzone's on there main toons, and or Solo Rank. I know I speak for myself when I say that, definitely.

Which proves my point completely. If there were people who purely wanted to group with friends for the purposes of PvP group ranked would be rocking. But it isn't.

What you actually have is premades q'ing for all the reasons I gave in my previous post. Premades are there for the purposes of stomping solo q'ers and newbies. To make the premade feel better about themselves. Regstars is a term often used.

Then Solo Rank, well its a joke. It would haft to pop every single minute for it to be worth it. I don't like winning 3 or 4 games in a row ie, then losing the 5th because I have no control who is Qing up. Among the fact you have no communication. You just hope everyone doesn't spread dps, and swaps when needed, and if you get someone that can swap > cc or interrupt a healer then swap back to dps target then your in good shape.

Which is exactly what happens in regs, without any matchmaking. Up against a premade, there is no chance.

Bioware should make premades join a premade only queue. The only problem is it would be dead within weeks. People would just q-sync in solo regs to bypass and hope for the best. However, It would be preferable to the situation we have at the moment.

Which proves my point completely. If there were people who purely wanted to group with friends for the purposes of PvP group ranked would be rocking. But it isn't.

What you actually have is premades q'ing for all the reasons I gave in my previous post. Premades are there for the purposes of stomping solo q'ers and newbies. To make the premade feel better about themselves. Regstars is a term often used.

Which is exactly what happens in regs, without any matchmaking. Up against a premade, there is no chance.

Bioware should make premades join a premade only queue. The only problem is it would be dead within weeks. People would just q-sync in solo regs to bypass and hope for the best. However, It would be preferable to the situation we have at the moment.

Ranked isn't meant for random groups of friends, but competitive groups of friends. Unfortunately, there are very few competitive groups left in the game, so they can only play ranked very infrequently due to population issues. So you see them in regs quite often. But the harm PvP would suffer from removing the groups who aren't focus-firing, perfect comp, pub stompers is too much to take. People underestimate how many bad premades there are in their reg games.

Can we please just let this thread die already? We already beat this complaint to the ground. Agree to disagree and move on.

I thought my last post might derail or at least kill the thread... it's like a rabbit looking at a high speed train coming for it.. they're just stuck the head light.. I'm pretty sure they haven't even realised that Bio have tossed a proverbial nuke at us and pvp as we know might be changed for ever.. after that, premades are about as important as wether Eric's hair is any longer than before...

The guys need to forget about premades... 5.0 is coming.. everyone, duck and cover:eek:

There is a certain guild on TRE which rolls premades made up of FOTM classes, stalling tactics and then posts gloating videos on YT/Reddit. That is epitome of 'tryhard', if you wanted a description.

Personally, If I see that certain guild on MY team or the opposing team I just leave. It isn't fun. For anyone.

That triple concealment FOTM set up hype!

TRE has relatively fast pops, usually well under 2 minutes even late at night.

>snip<

I agree 100% and I've mentioned the matchmaking system at every possible opportuinity given to me when speaking with bioware. Unfortunately BW aren't fixing the system so I have a choice between pugging it and probably not having fun or playing with friends (which btw is the entire point I play the game) and then getting abuse constantly.

The points Hottie made regarding the queue system are pretty much perfect IMO.

Again, I agree but the problem isn't premades, the problem is the match making. Or to put it more bluntly, the problem isn't the player base, it's the developers.

If we're talking TRE, there's only one problem; there's 1 healer rep side on every 10 imp side, so how many of those healers is supposed to be locked out in this "matchmaking system". Atm the best Imp pvpers on TRE is also the best Rep pvpers. Even tho the pops is somewhat frequent, the player base isn't that large that one might be led to believe by those pops. I would say that the pvp playerbase is passionate bout its pvp and that promote the pops.

But that can all change on a whim, players will be drawn to the perceived winning side, and that will ultimately thin out the so called playerbase. The only thing that actually would help the pvp "community" is if we actually started to act like one. But I suspect there's a reason for you to call it "the player base" instead of the "Pvp community". To be part of an player base is to be just one in the crowd, to be part of a community actually means that one have a responsibility towards others, not only one self.

Anyone can run a premade, anyone!! We're all entitled to have fun with friends. But if that fun is perceived to be at an expense of some else's fun, then the playerbase will suffer. Regardless if we blame the devs or not.

Edited by t-darko

I spoke too soon... god I wish I could name and shame...

imp side guild on harby running double premades in mids

If they are on opposite teams, one throws the match if it gets too hard

Stupid scrubs did it in 4 matches.. ended up logging out as the queue stopped popping because no one would play on their side or against them

Aren't these 'scrubs' still engaging in pvp, just not the sort you approve of?

Yes, and it's ruining my immersion. My character can't be a super sith space pirate lord vampire princess if I don't get to dominate in pvp. Bioware, take action or I'll only buy 100 dollars worth of cartel packs instead of 200 dollars this month.

• 3 months later...
You can bet your life that if the developers made it so that premades would only face other premades, that 'mode' would die pretty quickly. Forget the bull about wanting to 'queue with friends'. People who queue with a premade do so because they want an advantage, they want to stack the deck.

If they just wanted to play PvP together and play challenging play, why don't they roll a ranked team and play ranked? Simple, they just want to roflstomp solo q'ers and feel superior about it.

If they truly wanted to set up a ranked match for objectives, they could queue-sync to achieve that goal, against a predetermined team. But they don't do that. They prefer to smash solo q'ers, newbies et al. Premades then have the audacity to claim that it isn't fun winning all the time. Pull the other one... If it were that bad you'ed stop queuing premades.

Your opinion is quite accurate with mine.

I played around 20 rounds in warzones in pub side, a certain day. We lost the 20 battles. No kidding. The entire enemy team was completely synchronized and our damage looked like scratches. We got this same team as enemy many and many times.

It's frustrating because it's not balanced. You feel like **** and no matter how hard you try the result is the same. The team doesn't seem to have fun at all and in the mid of the rounds you see them leaving the match or simply ignoring the strategics because the result will be the same. No one can't really compete, no matter how much playtime or experience you have. The moment you start to bang real hard an individual, his team automatically targets you. It's teamspeak.

The part you said that they "want to feel superior" matches with their regular behavior. I often see mocking comments in General chat coming from them.

I love pvp and I play mostly for that reason, I queue 99% of the time, but my overall experience in warzones this month is being a complete failure and frustrating experience. I guess I'll take a break from the game and wait if the devs will change anything.

The principal fact is: I know the difference between playing a real solo match, where everything is balanced and playing against a premade team that seems always complete and synchronized. Without a doubt they are ruining the pvp experience in unranked solos.

I played around 20 rounds in warzones in pub side, a certain day. We lost the 20 battles. No kidding. The entire enemy team was completely synchronized and our damage looked like scratches. We got this same team as enemy many and many times.

It's frustrating because it's not balanced. You feel like **** and no matter how hard you try the result is the same. The team doesn't seem to have fun at all and in the mid of the rounds you see them leaving the match or simply ignoring the strategics because the result will be the same. No one can't really compete, no matter how much playtime or experience you have. The moment you start to bang real hard an individual, his team automatically targets you. It's teamspeak.

The part you said that they "want to feel superior" matches with their regular behavior. I often see mocking comments in General chat coming from them.

I love pvp and I play mostly for that reason, I queue 99% of the time, but my overall experience in warzones this month is being a complete failure and frustrating experience. I guess I'll take a break from the game and wait if the devs will change anything.

The principal fact is: I know the difference between playing a real solo match, where everything is balanced and playing against a premade team that seems always complete and synchronized. Without a doubt they are ruining the pvp experience in unranked solos.

The Devs will never change anything regarding premades. If you are going to take a break and wait for the Devs to change it, you may as well unsub and not bother waiting.

Premades like this have been in the game for 5 years. They don't ruin pvp unless you keep getting grouped with inexperienced players. Most premades aren't even that good and are pve people grouping like they do in pve. If you are an experienced pvp you will pummel those guys.

You said the other team was coordinated? That doesn't mean they were premade, just more experienced players. Most of the players these day lack skill and experience, so don't know tactics or when to reposition to different nodes or draw off enemies. Reps are by far the worst at this and the ones that are good only play in a small time window, while the imps dominate the rest of the time.

Imps have more experienced players on at the same time, so if you keep coming up against the same guys it's probably because of the queue rotation and the rep queue has a fraction of players in it that the imps do.

I play matches all the time solo and I'm often on full pug teams, but the individual players are experienced. We don't need to communicate much, if at all. We are coordinated and it probably does look like we are all premade. This happens on both factions for me, but more often on Imps.

Premades don't ruin matches, the lack of player experience and population is what ruins pvp. if you are coming up against premades, then start your own. If you see some skilled players on your teams, ask them to group, then you have your own premade.

In case you are wondering, you don't need voice chat to premade and hardly anyone uses it seriously in regs. The only people I know who might are the pve operations people because that's how they play their pve content and frankly, they need it more than pvpers do.

They don't ruin pvp unless you keep getting grouped with inexperienced players. Most premades aren't even that good and are pve people grouping like they do in pve. If you are an experienced pvp you will pummel those guys.

A group of PUGs will not pummel 3-4 guys that purposly run lowbies to gank people. Yes it can happen if you team randomly have experienced players, but that is seldom the case - especially in low -/midbies.

You said the other team was coordinated? That doesn't mean they were premade, just more experienced players. Most of the players these day lack skill and experience, so don't know tactics or when to reposition to different nodes or draw off enemies. Reps are by far the worst at this and the ones that are good only play in a small time window, while the imps dominate the rest of the time.

It is very easy to spot a premade, if you have been playing for years. Often they will run 3-4 people of the same guild. Again, yes it can happen that a bunch of experienced players are randomly grouped together and smash the other side, but most of the time I suspect premades are the cause of it. In lowbies it only takes 1 level +36 DPS and 1 level +32 healer (both experienced PVPers) to skew the balance.

Premades don't ruin matches, the lack of player experience and population is what ruins pvp. if you are coming up against premades, then start your own. If you see some skilled players on your teams, ask them to group, then you have your own premade.

They absolutely 100% do. This is the same tired excuse we have heard for years. It's just as infuriating as "I want to play with my friends". Premades does not belong in a PUG queue.

Okay, there are pre-mades, pre-mades and then there are pre-mades lol

But which one ruins PvP

The first pre-made is people in the same guild that solo queue; maybe a PvE guild and people just grinding out the daily, There is no PvP communication. There is guild chat but it's not about what is happening in PvP, just random stuff. I sometimes, find myself on a team with someone in a guild i am in. I rarely notice unless they point out that we are. However,r in this same pre-made you have guildies who queue just as a group just to make the queue pop faster, and aside from calling inc in the PvP ops group, there isn't much communication.

The second is a coincidental pre-made. You are playing match after match and u get team up with the same person and sometimes against him/her. They like how you play (maybe you not great but u call inc and you try to hassle the enemy healer, you peel when u hear inc, etc). So that person ask you if you want to team up and queue. You said yes, and thats as much conversation that you have. You both play the objective and usually your team wins.

The third pre-made is the actual 4 man cell, with perhaps 2 DPS heal and tank or one heals and 3 FOTM dps or maybe just a team or say, 4 carange mauraders. They are on teamspeak or whatever and they coordinate their attacts. So, the 4 marrs will just wail on one player and global him in 4 secs and they do it like that. You know they are the real deal whenever you attack one, the others jump you. Thats how you know. In PUG, people won't won't jump to your rescue like that unless its a tank doing his job or a healer. But other DPS are not going ot peel off their target to comer help you out of a jam. This pre-made is the most noticeable and often the one that cause the furor that we seeing here.

PVP dikcs you 60% on components if you lose a warzone. Idiot's still think getting gear is about opening packs and havent yet realized that pack open frequency has nothing to do with the frequency you get a legendary drop.

So it comes down to components. I've earned about 2500 so far and got 6 peices of 242, I have a couple more slots to fill. I'm command rank 480ish and haven't seen a legendary since rank 295 and that was the useless healing relic. I haven't equiped a legendary since rank 260something, over 200 command crates.

So yeah, I'm going to make premades. We're going to be objective focused, and we're going to dominate. IDGAF about numbers, the only thing I care about is the win, take my 5 compos and requeue. I expect a 100% winrate but we do lose some odessens so its usually about 98%.

If I didn't get 40% component rewards for a loss, I might not be so eager to dominate.

Edited by Wimbleton

I totally agree.:)

Additionally I wanted to share the experience I've made on T3-M4.

Since we can earn our armor pieces in pvp things have become worse.

I've played 20 WZ and lost each of them .

Losing a WZ isn't making me upset, it's the behavior of some premades.

Most of the time you get a premade of 4 gunnery commandos.

Guess who is winning.

But is it necessary to insult the losing side and hunt single players from one side to the other ?

Most of the team resign after some time and they try to wait for the end of the WZ at the turret control, but

these premades don't like that and so they try to take away the control to humble the losing team.:(

(sorry if my English isn't good for a native speaker, but I'm talking far to much German at the moment)

Premade teams ruins american football, hockey and soccer. And last but not least also curling and synchronized swimming.

So... lets forbid all team games and team sports...

Make soloplay great again.

Build a wall around all teams and let them pay for it.

/irony_off

Edited by Opaknack

Premade teams ruins american football, hockey and soccer. And last but not least also curling and synchronized swimming.

So... lets forbid all team games and team sports...

Make soloplay great again.

Build a wall around all teams and let them pay for it.

/irony_off

The better analogy is pitting the New England Patriots against a team of randomly selected players from all the other teams in the NFL and telling them to go play 1 minute from now. If you don't understand why the Pats would have a huge advantage and would almost certainly dominate I won't be able to help you.

PvP has always been about equal competition and should be ability based. When one team has a gear or coordination advantage (or both) it is bad for PvP.

The better analogy is pitting the New England Patriots against a team of randomly selected players from all the other teams in the NFL and telling them to go play 1 minute from now. If you don't understand why the Pats would have a huge advantage and would almost certainly dominate I won't be able to help you.

PvP has always been about equal competition and should be ability based. When one team has a gear or coordination advantage (or both) it is bad for PvP.

This.

Premades must play only against premades

Edited by zhradik

This.

Premades must play only against premades

It is easy to say "premades must play only against premades"

First of all you have to define premade.

Is every non solo player already a premade?

What about 3 new players in a group but without TS?

How should work the matchmaking with groups of 2, 3 and 4 players?

How would you combine the teams?

2+2+4 vs 3+3+2

4+4 vs 4+3+... oops!

4+2+2 vs 3+2+2+... d'oh! :rolleyes:

Edited by Opaknack

I play on two different servers. My activity is somewhat more focused on my so called home server, but a few times a week I log on to do PvP on the other. On my home server I queue, almost without exception, alone and on the other I am very rarely without a full group. Needless to say, on the latter my win rate is a fair deal better. But ignoring the home server, since it hardly pertains to the discussion at hand, I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the premade play on the latter server.

When I log in, I ask if there are any spots and most times I get invited to a group. This is literally how the premades in the guild are formed. There is no FOTM comps, there is no class stacking or anything of the sort. The only thing we actively avoid is queueing with more than one healer. Despite the lack of coordination, I like playing in these group, because over time I've become to consider the people there my friends. Between matches we share some banter and during matches we can trust everyone to do their part without explicitly going through any strategies.

So, I log in, ask for a spot, I get a group. If I don't, I solo queue a few until a spot opens. During this time, I don't really read the general chat, I don't post their, I exclusively talk in guild chat or in whispers. Yet, for some reason, this is apparently enough to make me an unhappy recipient of abuse and name-calling on a weekly basis.

I am surprised the bitter solo queuers haven't demolished regs yet.