Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Recently returned, left after launch.

Funny to see some things never change... and many PreMades are still scared to face other PreMades.

LOL. I remember during that first month, when you'd face a PreMade that worked together and seemed good... until you got one of them alone, 1 on 1. Then you realized why they had to make a PreMade in the first place.

Also LOL at all the excuses and whining and desperate wailing and gnashing of teeth from PreMades in threads like these, in utter terror that it might instigate changes that will make them face up to how not-good they really are.

My favorite -- the "explanation" that cross-queues won't work, because everyone, everywhere, will all click 'queue' at the exact same time, and it will mataphysically cancel each other out, and PreMades will therefore have too wait too long.

:rolleyes:

Yeah and most puggers will never group because their lack of skill will then shine and they can't handle rejection any more than losing. But keep up your self serving dribble and poor attempt to troll.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and most puggers will never group because their lack of skill will then shine and they can't handle rejection any more than losing. But keep up your self serving dribble and poor attempt to troll.

Aw, my insightful, truthful post hit home?

:(

@Muramxx:

This is my second time posting this.

I gave you a direct invite. Post the points/facts you claim I continue to gloss over/deflect, ignore, etc... in a very nice and neat list. (1, 2, 3, 4, ...22...)

I will answer them in order, directly.

Then, you will answer my questions. You will not skip them, you will not deflect them, as I will not.

Seem reasonable?

I can answer this:

- I play odd hours.

- Sometimes I log in for 30 mins and want a quick WZ or two without having to wait for ppl to come online

- Sometimes I just don't feel a need to talk to people (besides calling incs et cetera) and just want to do a WZ without any obligations.

- Sometimes I want a random team for the challeng of it.

and do you know what? MY REASONS ARE AS VALID AS YOURS!

>>While those are valid reasons for you to have issues, but those are personal choices and not VALID reasons for a game to re-write it's code.

LOL, like I said poor attempt at trolling. I'm not the one crying about current setup. Got anything intelligent to add?

Nawp. I'm right, you're wrong. Everything I said is true, none of which you can deny.

Who's crying again, PreMader?

:cool:

It is extremely rare that I'm coming across a premade that makes me think "we are getting destroyed here". I'd take it as far as saying for every good one there are 50 games against bad/average ones, premades you wouldnt even know were premades if they didnt happen to have the same guild tag. I'm not winning all those other games, far from it, but it still feels somewhat balanced. Edited by MidichIorian

90 % of all PVP players in MMO's are arrogant jerks , just like me.

I can barely stand myself, what makes you think I want to group up with 3 or 7 of ME to form a group.

<.< most of the ones I know aren't jerks. One of my trooper pals trades me overkill augments for just the purple mats (which means he's actually losing money). My guild leader's a great guy, quick to joke, even quicker to group with anyone with our guild tag.

Can people that want the pvp to stay as is agree that there are more casuals than premade q'rs, most pvp matches are currently sure wins or sure losses within the first couple minutes, having a fully geared premade with a good composition makes most matches easy to win, and that this game has a relatively low soft-cap when it comes to skill?

I'm just curious about these so I know who I'm arguing with.

Can people that want the pvp to stay as is agree that there are more casuals than premade q'rs, most pvp matches are currently sure wins or sure losses within the first couple minutes, having a fully geared premade with a good composition makes most matches easy to win, and that this game has a relatively low soft-cap when it comes to skill?

I'm just curious about these so I know who I'm arguing with.

Well if there a lot more casuals then the people who group then, casuals don't run into as many premades as they say. And if there are more premades running then majority rules I guess.

So either way I fail to see the problem.

Edited by Pvtcarnage

Well if there a lot more casuals then the people who group then, casuals don't run into as many premades as they say. And if there are more premades running then majority rules I guess.

So either way I fail to see the problem.

Actually what is happening is with the lack of people doing warzones, your usually grouped up against the same premades all night long..... Now this might not be as big of an issue on PvP servers, but on PvE and RP servers you have PvP only guilds that are just slaughtering everyone because all they do is PvP, they joined a PvE or RP server so they would have a huge advantage and these guilds are ruining warzones because casual pvp'ers are tired of being face rolled non stop so they just quit doing warzones... This is why it takes so long to get a pop...

Adding a PUG only option would resolve some of the issues and bring a lot of people back to playing warzones..

Edited by Monoth

90 % of all PVP players in MMO's are arrogant jerks , just like me.

I can barely stand myself, what makes you think I want to group up with 3 or 7 of ME to form a group.

lol - this is somewhat true. ever notice the "better" the guild they're in, the more disrespectful they act in ops chan?

Actually what is happening is with the lack of people doing warzones, your usually grouped up against the same premades all night long..... Now this might not be as big of an issue on PvP servers, but on PvE and RP servers you have PvP only guilds that are just slaughtering everyone because all they do is PvP, they joined a PvE or RP server so they would have a huge advantage and these guilds are ruining warzones because casual pvp'ers are tired of being face rolled non stop so they just quit doing warzones... This is why it takes so long to get a pop...

Interesting. In my PvP Server-centric world, I never considered this possibility. What you describe above is another good reason why we need XServer WZ Queues.

Adding a PUG only option would resolve some of the issues and bring a lot of people back to playing warzones..

Pro-tip: Due to Matchmaking being so flawed (Ie, first 16 people in queue get thrown into a match, no reguard to balance, composition, etc...) Often you have a revolving door of same opponent matches. There's usually 2 or 3 wz's going, but each one ends, those 16 people get out, queue, and get thrown back in against each other.

To avoid this... wait 5 minutes. You'll more than likely get thrown from the loop into a different set of opponents.

Either way, this "issue" would be better resolved with a better matchmaking system and cross server queue'ing. It would be inclusive for all, you wouldn't have issues with 2-3 man premades gimping a team, and Pug's would more often be able to leech off premades, rather than getting smashed by them. (Though they'll still Q.Q about it.)

logicbomb incoming pvt....

Now I'm not saying this is always the case but lets say just for fun 16 ppl q up. 8 pubs, 8 imps and out of these 1 group is a premade. Now there are 12 puggers and 4 premaders. 4 of the puggers are happy 8 are sad.

Now this is not the case all the time or anything it is just a rebuttal to what you wrote.

One reason why there are more puggers is because puggers are more likely to pvp for a shorter time and less oftent han premaders. However, they still pay the same 15 a month.

BTW, I realize I will not convince SWTOR premaders to change their ways since most of the skilled ones left from boredom a long time ago but my hope is that by keeping this thread going someone from bw will be drunk and accidentally end up on their website and accidentally see this thread!

but my hope is that by keeping this thread going someone from bw will be drunk and accidentally end up on their website and accidentally see this thread!

>.< okay, didn't quite agree with everything ya said, but that line as funny as hell. If I actually bothered with a Sig, I might add it in there lol.

Lol thanks doom. And my point is not that all skilled pvp'rs left it is just that if you follow the average hardcore route (the route I have followed in most mmos) and gear up 1 or 2 chars to max and then join up with similiar people then you will end up easily winning most matches and feel like you are the dream team playing a wheelchair special olympics basketball team due to fighting mostly pugs.

This bores many skilled pvpr's pretty fast. It even bores a lot of mediocre pvprs that only see this game as a fun hobby but still geared up that 1 char. I know you can be skilled, and have a decent life and still enjoy it I just think that many people in this category get bored. I also had some skilled friends that quit due to this. You add this to the fact that in a premade the war archetypes have a very very low skill softcap and you should see my point.

Now, there are also a lot of skilled pvprs that do what this game is great for and just level all their chars and still do pretty well in pvp. Myself for instance as I rarely premade and my highest hp 50 char just hit 18k lol. However, I still have a lot of fun and I still beat optimized aug wh chars pretty often in dmg and more importantly kbs. I see a decent number of people who do the same thing. I even have gotten several invites to the pugstomping guilds on my server while in bm/recruit gear (although after I make fun of them when they lose to my pug they stop inviting me hehe).

So ya the game is still fun to me and people like me and I don't care that much, however I really do love to premade and I would like to maybe gear up 1 char to do this on if premade matching ever got implemented. Infact thats why I got some wh gear on my now 18k hp player since I was hoping ranked wz's actually existed.

Also, I want this game to be around for a longtime and new star wars content to keep coming and fast since I am a huge star wars nerd. The only way this will happen is if swtor grows in people playing it and I see the lack of a matching system (even a simple nonexclusive one) does hurt subscriber growth or at least retention.

Edited by DarthRaika

@Darthrakia:

Once again, we agree on pretty much all points. =P I mean there are still a few skilled PvP'ers, but yes, from my time post 1.2 and coming back months later, I do not see as many of the high-end PvP'ers I use to run with.

Edit: @Muramxx: I'm still waiting for the list of points/questions I've deflected/ignored, so I may directly answer them.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

I'll state this cause we're going round in circles:

- None of the solutions really work save for the matchmaking as someone stated: People will find ways to abuse this.

- The real issue is you want to have a full solo match: But what happens if there is 4 guild members that pug on the same team? Is that premading? What about fighting the same elite group? Would they be premading too?

- So if this one player who out dps's you down and wins like easy and makes WZ looks like chump change, should he be disallowed to participate in PvP cause he is pwning you badly?

You'd think that a thread with 21 THOUSAND views would elicit a response from the developers as to why we don't have a matchmaking system. Aren't they supposed to have a whole team that does nothing but read forum posts all day?

Yeah you would think. I think they are aware though, and doing "their design thing" behind the curtains for reason we do not know.

Vote with your wallet, is my best advice.