Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

So you bolded 2 random things that meant the opposite of what I said, lemme help you out champ:

- When the server is not big enough to support multiple tiers at this time.

So yea you think we have 10000+ active subscribers playing WZ at ever given time? Which server you from?

- play something else

Yea when you cant win WZ and still fail, the only recourse for those that dont apply the word "try" should just play something else. You can "not try" on OPS and "not try" on FPS and keep wiping others instead, you are already doing that in WZ maybe you can play your "skill" on other PvE measures.

Yes and it defeats the purpose of my post that simply states that BW shouldnt be held accountable for fixing this situation when players themselves can fix it themselves. Its tiring to hear people cry a river when they fight premades. Nobody seems to like challenges, maybe BW next patch should make WZ with 1 attack button and 1 cc button and 1 root button and 1 kb button. And they should just make it huttball.

Sheesh for idiots.

So you still just want people to leave and think that will lower queue times, gotcha. Glad you are still on the same page with that mindset.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day... I have a strong feeling this argument is more about skill level than groups and pre-mades.

I'd bet a months subscription that if we grouped up some of these PUG's that are complaining for a couple weeks, gave them ventrilo and put them against a random PUG group. It really wouldn't help them much.

No, it's about gear, and the classes in a premade.

If you're so awesome at it, why don't you dress your premades in pure recruit gear, and have only a single healer? Hmmm? Do it, I dare you.

Edited by Hambunctious

Yes and it defeats the purpose of my post that simply states that BW shouldnt be held accountable for fixing this.

They shouldn't be but that shouldn't stop them fromfixing something that isn't working because if it was there wouldn't be such a heated thread on it. By not working I mean the premades say "hmm I don't want to do ranked cause if I do it will take just as long for me to get things as it takes a PUG. So instead of doing ranked I'm gonna go get my group to do some PUG stomping and more or less play easy mode and use the "solo" que"

=P just cause there's more idiots in the world, doesn't make them right.

That being said...

>.< Has anyone bothered to read the part where I (and others) have said it would be a good idea for BW to improve matchmaking to match teams better, and our only concern with that would be slower queue times if they don't implement cross server soon?

Anyone? Anyone read that? Should I repeat it a few more times, or are you going to keep assuming them big bad premaders are (1, all in BiS WH, 2, Have no life) just fighting to keep PuG's fighting double premades 24/7?

Anyone bothered to address the multiple statements of telling people to leave the game but then complaining about longer queue times? I feel bad for you guys, like I really do.

If you're so awesome at it, why don't you dress your premades in pure recruit gear, and have only a single healer? Hmmm? Do it, I dare you.

Or better yet have no healer (except that merc that randomly heals for 900-3k dmg) gonna win that game for sure.

Yea they got a choice, which you label is the wrong choice based on well...your own bubble? So they pay the same amount per month as you, but if they don't play the way you think they should play...well they shouldn't be in pvp. That's pretty much what you are saying.

I pay the same as you pay.

I think having my strength stat higher than my aim stat on my trooper is cool, and hey, I'm even allowed to wear heavy armor. Yet I run into this problem over and over... <.< I keep losing to troopers who have their aim stats triple their strength stat.

<.< What? What you mean stacking aim on a trooper is the proper way to play. F*** that! I F***ing pay the same as you, DON"T F************** TELL ME HOW TO PLAY?!

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

Anyone bothered to address the multiple statements of telling people to leave the game but then complaining about longer queue times? I feel bad for you guys, like I really do.

Premades always seem to try and pull the topic away from it's true intent and tend to not give straight forward answers because they know the answers will make that part of the community look like complete retard ******s.

I will warn you now, that they won't EVER admit gear plays a factor in pvp as of right now.

The thing is, if you ask them to queue up for ranked in recruit...well that's just crazy talk.

It's funny how easy it is to see their argument fall apart. I mostly just come here to see if people woke up yet, but it appears they are holding out until they get fresh recruits to stomp from F2P. I'm sure those guys will sub asap from their pvp experience alone. :rolleyes:

Yea they got a choice, which you label is the wrong choice based on well...your own bubble? So they pay the same amount per month as you, but if they don't play the way you think they should play...well they shouldn't be in pvp. That's pretty much what you are saying.

I'm saying... adapt.. adjust... improve. I simply fail to see the rationality... you're basically asking for an "easy" setting in an online game. When I suck at a game... and I sucked at SWTOR when I started. I hadn't played an MMO for more than a couple months since Warhammer. Know what I did? Made friends... had said friends school me... did research... learned my class....learned other classes... joined a guild.... built chemistry with that guild... practiced and over all.... the point of this.

I got better. I used EVERYTHING at my disposal to get better. Read this part carefully....

No one will argue that this is not a team based game... it obviously is. Here's the important part...

A HUGE part of being better in a team based game is having a better team

Don't blame the game and stop asking for an "easy" setting... this isn't Skyrim.

So if people don't play the way you think the game should be played, how does that:

A. Lower pvp queue times

B. Inspire more competitive teams to form.

A. Your idea would anger more than it would please.

B. This is the only thing I agree with... there should be higher rewards OR recognition for ranked PvP.

So you still just want people to leave and think that will lower queue times, gotcha. Glad you are still on the same page with that mindset.

Yes, we want to have WZ littered with idiots so that its "fun" to play losing constantly because people wont try.

You think thats going to make more people play or less people play?

Why do you think premades really exist? because they think they are so dominate or to avoid the idiots. People do WZ to win, not to procastinate.

It happens all the time... many of my guild is gearing fresh 50's right now. We still win more than we lose...

We RARELY have a decent team composition... we OFTEN go without a healer hoping there is one within the other 4 of our group. Sometimes that costs us a win... who's fault is that?

Ours... I certainly don't believe a new bracket should be created to compensate for our poor choices in group composition.

I'm saying... adapt.. adjust... improve. I simply fail to see the rationality... you're basically asking for an "easy" setting in an online game. When I suck at a game... and I sucked at SWTOR when I started. I hadn't played an MMO for more than a couple months since Warhammer. Know what I did? Made friends... had said friends school me... did research... learned my class....learned other classes... joined a guild.... built chemistry with that guild... practiced and over all.... the point of this.

I got better. I used EVERYTHING at my disposal to get better. Read this part carefully....

No one will argue that this is not a team based game... it obviously is. Here's the important part...

Don't blame the game and stop asking for an "easy" setting... this isn't Skyrim.

B. This is the only thing I agree with... there should be higher rewards OR recognition for ranked PvP.

So PUG vs PUG is an Easy button but Premade VS PUG isnt??? I don't know how that works?

<.< um... Matchmaking system would help create a "more fair" playing field, where PuG's could still get their wins without drastically slowing queue's down for either side (as a match making system is inclusive, seperate brackets is exclusive.)

So instead of dragging the conversation no where, how about you explain why the exclusive PuG bracket is better than what's been suggested. Failing that, explain why you'd rather discuss nonsense instead of something useful.

I pay the same as you pay.

I think having my strength stat higher than my aim stat on my trooper is cool, and hey, I'm even allowed to wear heavy armor. Yet I run into this problem over and over... <.< I keep losing to troopers who have their aim stats triple their strength stat.

<.< What? What you mean stacking aim on a trooper is the proper way to play. F*** that! I F***ing pay the same as you, DON"T F************** TELL ME HOW TO PLAY?!

Oh so we are talking about stats now and not about premades and solo pvpers? Oh okay, sorry, sometimes you guys get off point 99% of the time, so it can be tough to keep up with off topic points. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm not even sure how to respond to that, since nobody was talking about stats. So how does telling people to leave the game help lower down pvp queues? I'm just wondering.

<.< um... Matchmaking system would help create a "more fair" playing field, where PuG's could still get their wins without drastically slowing queue's down for either side (as a match making system is inclusive, seperate brackets is exclusive.)

So instead of dragging the conversation no where, how about you explain why the exclusive PuG bracket is better than what's been suggested. Failing that, explain why you'd rather discuss nonsense instead of something useful.

I think your suggestion is a good one, but the problem is that the difficulty of matchmaking is harder, and gets worser if people group up. The only real way for your matchmaking to work will be solo only. It gets worse if we include gear as well. So it will just drive people away, the loss, win rating scheme could work but then if people group up with friends how would that work, and if the friends cant group up they are less inclined to WZ than doing something else which means less PvP happening.

I think realistically the game is fine at this point, the problem is that everyone wants an even game, its just not going to be possible, or even fair. Its up to the players to either suck it up and play hard, or just do something else.

So PUG vs PUG is an Easy button but Premade VS PUG isnt??? I don't know how that works?

You're asking for a PUG v PUG group because you're losing... it's too hard for you to win.

You're asking for an easier way to win. Simple as that... it's not complicated.

and I know what you're implying... Most of those pre-mades are only in regular war zones because teams aren't queuing for rated... and the ones that are... are the same 5 damn teams and we've been playing each other for months.

ALL of the decent guilds I deal with on Bastion... I'm talking about 5-6 talented guilds WANT COMPETITION. They want you to group up... be better... and give all of us more competition. They want you to queue for rated and they DO NOT want to roll you. We're here for competition... unfortunately the competitive are a minority and threads like this are proof of that.

Yes, we want to have WZ littered with idiots so that its "fun" to play losing constantly because people wont try.

You think thats going to make more people play or less people play?

Why do you think premades really exist? because they think they are so dominate or to avoid the idiots. People do WZ to win, not to procastinate.

I like the choice between premades being dominate or avoid the idiots. Probably both, I can understand the frustration of dealing with people not trying in PVP, so let them get there solo queue only bracket. Oh wait, that would stop the easy farming wouldn't it? Yea, we wouldn't that to happen for you...or wait longer queues right?

Yea maybe they should just leave the game then, since you don't like playing with them. The less players means the more queues will pop, right bud? :rolleyes:

The irony.... I only commented on this thread again to make fun of the fact that it's still going and I got sucked into this narrow minded argument again.

We all have opinions... enjoy them. And thanks for making my last hour at work fly by.

Me and my 3 friends will see you on the coasts of Novarre tonight. ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

It happens all the time... many of my guild is gearing fresh 50's right now. We still win more than we lose...

We RARELY have a decent team composition... we OFTEN go without a healer hoping there is one within the other 4 of our group. Sometimes that costs us a win... who's fault is that?

Ours... I certainly don't believe a new bracket should be created to compensate for our poor choices in group composition.

No new bracket needed. No group queue allowed, or limited to 2 people.

I prefer the game go the route of incentivizing desired behavior as opposed to removing features (premade groups) that people obviously enjoy. The idea is to get more people queuing for solo so that we have more random teams.

Solution: Add a third weekly. Win 9 matches in which you solo queued, get an extra 200-350 ranked comms.

I mean, sure ... will some geared up folks who are doing it for the lulz and epeen not going to give a hoot and keep pre-mading? Absolutely. But, for a good chunk the extra weekly will give them pause. I mean, you can always grind for the elite war hero .. for a long time ... or offhands to buff out orange bracers/belts, or offspec sets, or whatever.

Maybe try that first before banning pre-mades?

Edited by Powerrmongerr

You change your message every post. You tell people to leave in one post and then adapt in the next, stop flip-flopping. When you address point A, who are you basing that on? The 4 people that agree with you? I don't know how you can speak for the entire SWTOR community without any type of source.

You give solo queuers their own bracket, they will play it and have fun. Later on, some of them will get tired of it and seek something on a higher level. Then eventually they will form their own team and be a competitive team. But first they actually have to enjoy playing PVP. Otherwise you get one less person in the queue.

I really don't understand how this is so hard to grasp.

Oh so we are talking about stats now and not about premades and solo pvpers? Oh okay, sorry, sometimes you guys get off point 99% of the time, so it can be tough to keep up with off topic points. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm not even sure how to respond to that, since nobody was talking about stats. So how does telling people to leave the game help lower down pvp queues? I'm just wondering.

It's an example to despute the ******** "I pay the same as you, why can't I have fun my way?!"" argument. Someone wearing the wrong stats, by that logic, has the same right to winning (fun it seems) as someone who is wearing the proper stats. <.< was that clear for you.

Also, a direct address to your nonsense question: "It doesn't, but bending backwards to please players whom play improperly is just as bad. Yes, a company and a community should try and maintain as many people/subs (and thus money) as it can , but only if the cost of doing so doesn't compromise the company/games integrity. The company offering immediate level 50 for 200 bucks and Full WH sets for 100 bucks would rake in the money from those willing to pay for it, but it would destroy the integrity of the game."

Edited by Doomsdaycomes